Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any East Lansing peeps hear there might be a bacterial meningitis thing going around brought by a um student?

+4
tGreenWay
Dendrobates
Trapper Gus
DWags
8 posters

Go down

Any East Lansing peeps hear there might be a bacterial meningitis thing going around brought by a um student? Empty Any East Lansing peeps hear there might be a bacterial meningitis thing going around brought by a um student?

Post by DWags 2022-01-27, 18:12

Because honestly, all I need to worry about with 4 months left of the two kids career at MSU is that right now. I worry she won't graduated live, but get her diploma sent, I worry about the variants, I just wanted to get to May watch a graduation, pack up her apartment and get out of dodge. Hopefully this is a rumor.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Any East Lansing peeps hear there might be a bacterial meningitis thing going around brought by a um student? Empty Re: Any East Lansing peeps hear there might be a bacterial meningitis thing going around brought by a um student?

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-27, 19:32

Sucks if true, MSU lost a couple of students that way 10 years ago or so.

How easy is it to transmit? It's not Omecron meningitis, is it?

Are there any vaccines?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Any East Lansing peeps hear there might be a bacterial meningitis thing going around brought by a um student? Empty Re: Any East Lansing peeps hear there might be a bacterial meningitis thing going around brought by a um student?

Post by DWags 2022-01-27, 19:34

True. And yep, it sucks

Daughter wanted to go to Nashville this weekend. i said, em, no. Then we got that email. I said, enjoy Nashville.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-27, 19:38

Vaccination against meningococcal disease is only proven way to prevent meningitis. Overtime strains change and vaccine sensitivity has to be raised so it's important to be fully vaccinated and up to date with all the latest vaccine available for particular age groups. Other things to keep in mind is hygiene

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/ask-professionals/meningitis?questionid=qid556&type=condition&ocid=entnewsntp

maybe you should look into this for her ...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-01-27, 19:38

Happened at 131 Albert Ave. Harpers
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-01-27, 19:39

Trapper Gus wrote:Vaccination against meningococcal disease is only proven way to prevent meningitis. Overtime strains change and vaccine sensitivity has to be raised so it's important to be fully vaccinated and up to date with all the latest vaccine available for particular age groups. Other things to keep in mind is hygiene

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/ask-professionals/meningitis?questionid=qid556&type=condition&ocid=entnewsntp

Girls are vaxxed against Viral. this is bacterial I believe. Idon't know if there is protction for this
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-27, 19:41

DWags wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:Vaccination against meningococcal disease is only proven way to prevent meningitis. Overtime strains change and vaccine sensitivity has to be raised so it's important to be fully vaccinated and up to date with all the latest vaccine available for particular age groups. Other things to keep in mind is hygiene

Girls are vaxxed against Viral. this is bacterial I believe. Idon't know if there is protction for this

Same as covid then. Wash hands often, wear masks.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-01-27, 19:43

Remember in War of the worlds what ended up saving our planet? I wish those fuckers would invade us right now. They wouldn't stand a 12 hour shift on this planet.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-27, 19:47

DWags wrote:Remember in War of the worlds what ended up saving our planet? I wish those fuckers would invade us right now. They wouldn't stand a 12 hour shift on this planet.

Good point, and why we cannot move to other planets.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-27, 20:22

Vaccines are the most effective way to protect against certain types of bacterial meningitis. There are vaccines for 4 types of bacteria that can cause meningitis:

Meningococcal vaccines help protect against N. meningitidis
Pneumococcal vaccines help protect against S. pneumoniae
Haemophilus influenzae serotype b (Hib) vaccines help protect against Hib
Bacille Calmette-Guérin vaccine helps protect against tuberculosis disease, but is not widely used in the United States

https://www.cdc.gov/meningitis/bacterial.html
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-01-27, 20:36

When I started in 2004, it was recommended to get the vaccine because of a few students years before then contracting it. It was of course not a big deal, and everyone I know got it.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-27, 20:46

Dendrobates wrote:When I started in 2004, it was recommended to get the vaccine because of a few students years before then contracting it. It was of course not a big deal, and everyone I know got it.

Commas are not enough, dear ...

You mean, of course, that you all were vaccinated.

I thought it was a requirement after that.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-01-27, 20:48

DWags wrote:Remember in War of the worlds what ended up saving our planet? I wish those fuckers would invade us right now. They wouldn't stand a 12 hour shift on this planet.

Can’t watch that movie. The near constant high-pitch screaming from little Dakota Fanning makes me want to stab my ears with tomato stakes.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-27, 21:02

tGreenWay wrote:

Can’t watch that movie. The near constant high-pitch screaming from little Dakota Fanning makes me want to stab my ears with tomato stakes.

You missed the original, more frightening in B/W or the radio broadcast, which was more frightening.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Polydorus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-01-27, 21:05

Trapper Gus wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You missed the original, more frightening in B/W or the radio broadcast, which was more frightening.

I’ve heard the original and a recreation of the radio broadcast, though it’s been decades. Pretty sure I saw the original tv broadcast when I was in my single digits.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-01-27, 21:13

tGreenWay wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I’ve heard the original and a recreation of the radio broadcast, though it’s been decades. Pretty sure I saw the original tv broadcast when I was in my single digits.

You mean cave drawings, right? Any East Lansing peeps hear there might be a bacterial meningitis thing going around brought by a um student? 2809484752
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-01-27, 21:33

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You mean cave drawings, right? Any East Lansing peeps hear there might be a bacterial meningitis thing going around brought by a um student? 2809484752

You should be focused on why your lady is doing the horizontal mambo with Addict. Any East Lansing peeps hear there might be a bacterial meningitis thing going around brought by a um student? 3557613862 Any East Lansing peeps hear there might be a bacterial meningitis thing going around brought by a um student? 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-01-27, 22:12

Trapper Gus wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:When I started in 2004, it was recommended to get the vaccine because of a few students years before then contracting it. It was of course not a big deal, and everyone I know got it.

You got the fucking idea. Are you as arrogant in person as you are on a message board?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-01-28, 06:07

DWags wrote:Because honestly, all I need to worry about with 4 months left of the two kids career at MSU is that right now. I worry she won't graduated live, but get her diploma sent, I worry about the variants, I just wanted to get to May watch a graduation, pack up her apartment and get out of dodge. Hopefully this is a rumor.

I don't anticipate this becoming a huge deal.

That said, I'm looking forward to graduation, too. Im'ma take over the karaoke floor at Crunchy's.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-28, 06:25

Dendrobates wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

You got the fucking idea. Are you as arrogant in person as you are on a message board?

Oh, please.

It was pretty mild as comments go.

It was all about me reading it three times before I understood what you were trying to say.

Insert rude comment back to you here ...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-28, 06:42

Health Department Notice on this topic if anyone is interested ...

https://thesalinepost.com/g/saline-mi/n/62374/person-diagnosed-meningococcal-meningitis-was-u-m-frat-contacts-advised-seek
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-01-28, 10:37

Trapper Gus wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Oh, please.

It was all about me reading it three times before I understood what you were trying to say.

It was mild, but so many of your comments are dripping with arrogance. I was wondering if that's how you are, or trolling internet persona.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-01-28, 10:58

[tw]1487092353944989697[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-01-28, 10:58

I came for the meningitis, staying for the Trapper/Dendro cage match. Any East Lansing peeps hear there might be a bacterial meningitis thing going around brought by a um student? 1853518006
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-01-28, 11:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I came for the meningitis, staying for the Trapper/Dendro cage match. Any East Lansing peeps hear there might be a bacterial meningitis thing going around brought by a um student? 1853518006

Any East Lansing peeps hear there might be a bacterial meningitis thing going around brought by a um student? J1oPxL
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-01-28, 11:47

Nordic wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I came for the meningitis, staying for the Trapper/Dendro cage match. Any East Lansing peeps hear there might be a bacterial meningitis thing going around brought by a um student? 1853518006

Any East Lansing peeps hear there might be a bacterial meningitis thing going around brought by a um student? J1oPxL
 my money is on Dendro.

I could see her comin' off the top rope a la Superfly Snuka.. finishing Trapper off with either the Las Vegas Leglock or a spinning toe hold. Maybe the Mongolian stomach claw.

Either way, Trapper best watch his back.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-28, 12:15

Dendrobates wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Oh, please.  

It was mild, but so many of your comments are dripping with arrogance. I was wondering if that's how you are, or trolling internet persona.

Really?

Well, I never think I'm being arrogant, however I do talk in the first person a bunch and often use counterfactuals, so maybe it seems that way to others.

Could be I just read too much Dorethy Sayers  & P.G. Woodhouse.

It isn't intentional.

I do try to keep my more caustic comments to the other board.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2022-01-28, 12:19; edited 2 times in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-28, 12:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Nordic wrote:

my money is on Dendro.

I could see her comin' off the top rope a la Superfly Snuka.. finishing Trapper off with either the Las Vegas Leglock or a spinning toe hold. Maybe the Mongolian stomach claw.

Either way, Trapper best watch his back.

Looks like a battle of likes to me.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-01-29, 12:49

Trapper Gus wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Really?

Well, I never think I'm being arrogant, however I do talk in the first person a bunch and often use counterfactuals, so maybe it seems that way to others.

It isn't intentional.

Alright. It's just something I've noticed and been annoyed with. You remind me of a good friend/old roommate of mine. I love her. But damn she is unintentionally condescending/arrogant to people.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-30, 08:15

Dendrobates wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Really?

It isn't intentional.

Alright. It's just something I've noticed and been annoyed with. You remind me of a good friend/old roommate of mine. I love her. But damn she is unintentionally condescending/arrogant to people.

I'm sad that you react to my posts in that manner. However, you are you and I am I. Nothing we can do about that.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down