Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I Hear That The State of the Union Address Is Tonight..

+11
Spartans4Life
Zurn
Pervis Muldoon
kingstonlake
DWags
Trapper Gus
AvgMSUJoe
TravelinMan
Floyd Robertson
Motown Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So I Hear That The State of the Union Address Is Tonight..  - Page 2 Empty Re: So I Hear That The State of the Union Address Is Tonight..

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-03-10, 09:51

Scarlett Johansson as Katie Britt at the 2:30 mark and it’s perfect.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

So I Hear That The State of the Union Address Is Tonight..  - Page 2 Empty Re: So I Hear That The State of the Union Address Is Tonight..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-10, 17:38

Motown Spartan wrote:

Scarlett Johansson as Katie Britt at the 2:30 mark and it’s perfect.
So I Hear That The State of the Union Address Is Tonight..  - Page 2 502811600

also, why do I suspect that when the brown guy is convicted of killing Laken Riley, the 'pro-life' MAGA folks won't suddenly believe that the courts, the US judicial system and the Constitution aren't "really proof of anything"?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-11, 10:37

the woman Meryl Streep tried to politicize during her SOTU response (or whatever the fuck that was), isn't happy with being brought into the republican/libertarian 'pro-life' christian sewage.. I wouldn't be, either.

CNN — The woman whose story Alabama Sen. Katie Britt appeared to have shared in the Republican response to the State of the Union as an example of President Joe Biden’s failed immigration policies told CNN she was trafficked before Biden’s presidency and said legislators lack empathy when using the issue of human trafficking for political purposes.

“I hardly ever cooperate with politicians, because it seems to me that they only want an image. They only want a photo — and that to me is not fair,” Karla Jacinto told CNN on Sunday.

CNN’s Freedom Project, which seeks to raise awareness about modern-day slavery, previously profiled Jacinto’s story.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link

oh - and if talking about this offends you, you might want to find the nearest safe space. This ain't no place for the insecure and fragile.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-11, 11:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:the woman Meryl Streep tried to politicize during her SOTU response (or whatever the fuck that was), isn't happy with being brought into the republican/libertarian 'pro-life' christian sewage.. I wouldn't be, either.

CNN — The woman whose story Alabama Sen. Katie Britt appeared to have shared in the Republican response to the State of the Union as an example of President Joe Biden’s failed immigration policies told CNN she was trafficked before Biden’s presidency and said legislators lack empathy when using the issue of human trafficking for political purposes.

“I hardly ever cooperate with politicians, because it seems to me that they only want an image. They only want a photo — and that to me is not fair,” Karla Jacinto told CNN on Sunday.

CNN’s Freedom Project, which seeks to raise awareness about modern-day slavery, previously profiled Jacinto’s story.

oh - and if talking about this offends you, you might want to find the nearest safe space. This ain't no place for the insecure and fragile.

back from a walk...

this is how calloused and disengaged we've become with the christian MAGA creatures and the republican/libertarian party: a woman is exploiting a rape victim in hopes of convincing people to vote for a rapist.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-11, 11:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:the woman Meryl Streep tried to politicize during her SOTU response (or whatever the fuck that was), isn't happy with being brought into the republican/libertarian 'pro-life' christian sewage.. I wouldn't be, either.

back from a walk...

this is how calloused and disengaged we've become with the christian MAGA creatures and the republican/libertarian party: a woman is exploiting a rape victim in hopes of convincing people to vote for a rapist.

Also, maybe somebody should tell our senator from Alabama that the story she gave to the American public is precisely why we should grant asylum to many more immigrants.

Maybe she hasn’t figured that out yet
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, Motown Spartan and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-03-11, 11:24

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: back from a walk...

Also, maybe somebody should tell our senator from Alabama that the story she gave to the American public is precisely why we should grant asylum to many more immigrants.

Rape victims might be better off in Mexico, in the USA, we nominate rapists for President.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-03-11, 11:32

Motown Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

Rape victims might be better off in Mexico, in the USA, we nominate rapists for President.

And parental rights if the “Christian’s” get their way.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-03-11, 12:36

Zurn wrote:

h} liberals will be massively triggered by the opposition response person, especially if that person is a woman.

'h' continues to be the correct answer. So I Hear That The State of the Union Address Is Tonight..  - Page 2 502811600
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Spartans4Life likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-11, 12:43

Zurn wrote:
Zurn wrote:

h} liberals will be massively triggered by the opposition response person, especially if that person is a woman.

'h' continues to be the correct answer. So I Hear That The State of the Union Address Is Tonight..  - Page 2 502811600
siding with the rapist isn't the flex you think it is.

and, if I were you, I wouldn't want us to keep bringing up your christian hero/convicted rapist political party and their assault on women, either.

oh, and..

Bobby Sak wrote:oh - and if talking about this offends you, you might want to find the nearest safe space. This ain't no place for the insecure and fragile.

Wink
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-03-11, 12:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Zurn wrote:

'h' continues to be the correct answer.    So I Hear That The State of the Union Address Is Tonight..  - Page 2 502811600

I'm not siding with anyone, just pointing out that 'h' continues to be the correct answer.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-11, 12:50

Zurn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I'm not siding with anyone, just pointing out that 'h' continues to be the correct answer.
and speaking out against rape is something I will continue to do.

sorry that it hurts your feelings... I hope you find comfort in "h".

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-03-11, 12:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote: and speaking out against rape is something I will continue to do.

Great!  I will continue to do so as well.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-03-11, 13:13

I don't think there's one liberal that is/was triggered by Katie Britt. Unless you meant she triggered us into uproarious and almost uncontrollable laughter, that is.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-11, 13:25

Motown Spartan wrote:I don't think there's one liberal that is/was triggered by Katie Britt. Unless you meant she triggered us into uproarious and almost uncontrollable laughter, that is.
the MAGA folks are self-conscious that she is their definition of what a "female" should be. Sitting in a kitchen, smiling, misrepresenting a rape victim while supporting a rapist.

so when decent people point that out, it makes them sad.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-11, 14:05

Zurn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: and speaking out against rape is something I will continue to do.

Curious RQA, 8 years ago I heard Trump candidly say he grabbed women by the pussy.  

No matter how great he is(he isn’t) regarding balancing the budget economic activity, securing our borders keeping America safe (even if he was above average at any of that, and we all know he’s not) let’s say he was above average on those things , how could anybody vote for that person after he said that?  I have a wife, a mother, a sister, and two daughters., I know guys like Ted Cruz can be told by Donald Trump that their wife is ugly and they kiss his ass, how could anybody endorse him as the leader of the free world?  Think about it he admitted to grabbing girls by the pussy.   I will never understand the mentality that allows people in any way, shape or form to endorse that prick
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartans4Life 2024-03-11, 15:53

DWags wrote:
Zurn wrote:

Curious RQA, 8 years ago I heard Trump candidly say he grabbed women by the pussy.  

No matter how great he is(he isn’t) regarding balancing the budget economic activity, securing our borders keeping America safe (even if he was above average at any of that, and we all know he’s not) let’s say he was above average on those things , how could anybody vote for that person after he said that?  I have a wife, a mother, a sister, and two daughters., I know guys like Ted Cruz can be told by Donald Trump that their wife is ugly and they kiss his ass, how could anybody endorse him as the leader of the free world?  Think about it he admitted to grabbing girls by the pussy.   I will never understand the mentality that allows people in any way, shape or form to endorse that prick

Imagine America's two best options for leader of the free world are Trump and a child-sniffing molester.
Spartans4Life
Spartans4Life
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-03-11, 16:03

Spartans4Life wrote:
DWags wrote:

Imagine America's two best options for leader of the free world are Trump and a child-sniffing molester.

Curious timing.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-11, 16:12

Spartans4Life wrote:
DWags wrote:

So , Trump, a serial rapist including raping children, all proven, who as President caused at least 500k of our fellow citizens to die prematurely and is the first President since Hoover to have fewer people working at the end of his term than at the beginning...

Or Biden, who allegedly hugs people too much, who ended the pandemic that Trump allowed to run wild and has made the US economy the envy of the globe...

Just to be sure I understand your hobson choice.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2024-03-11, 16:23; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-03-11, 16:15

Good to see Penn is back.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-11, 17:11

Spartans4Life wrote:
DWags wrote:

Can you please show us the evidence that Biden is a Child molester? If not, and you're just throwing that shit around like it's wells hall, I'm asking you to stop. Thanks in advance. I'm sure I won't have to ask again. YOu can go back to wells hall with that.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartans4Life 2024-03-12, 08:37

Can you please show us the evidence that Biden is a Child molester? If not, and you're just throwing that shit around like it's wells hall, I'm asking you to stop. Thanks in advance. I'm sure I won't have to ask again. YOu can go back to wells hall with that.

Can you please show us the evidence that Trump is a raped children and personally caused 500k citizens to die? If not, and you're just throwing that shit around like it's wells hall, I'm asking you to stop. Thanks in advance. I'm sure I won't have to ask again. YOu can go back to wells hall with that.

What a liberal cesspool this is.
Spartans4Life
Spartans4Life
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-03-12, 08:45

Bob please stop being mean to their Christian hero.

Spartan4life, and I mean this earnestly, if you don’t like that there are liberals here then get the fuck out but don’t bitch about it here or I will escort you out.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-03-12, 08:49

Spartans4Life wrote:

Can you please show us the evidence that Trump is a raped children and personally caused 500k citizens to die? If not, and you're just throwing that shit around like it's wells hall, I'm asking you to stop. Thanks in advance. I'm sure I won't have to ask again. YOu can go back to wells hall with that.

Penn,

DWags never made that assertion.

Sincerely,

The Liberal Cesspool
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartans4Life 2024-03-12, 08:51

Motown Spartan wrote:
Spartans4Life wrote:

Penn,

Sincerely,

The Liberal Cesspool

Scroll up dumbass and see Trappers post. Only reason I will vote for Trump is to enjoy the tears of you libs.
Spartans4Life
Spartans4Life
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-03-12, 09:12

Spartans4Life wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Penn,

Sincerely,

The Liberal Cesspool

Scroll up dumbass and see Trappers post. Only reason I will vote for Trump is to enjoy the tears of you libs.

Yet, you were replying to a post by DWags. And it's Mr. Dumbass to you Penn.

And if this place is such a liberal cesspool, why do you insist on swimming in it? Personally, I don't swim in cesspools, but to each their own. To each their own, funny saying. Funny that it would seem on the surface something that Republican/Libertarians would hold dear yet no one tries to control people more than conservative Americans.

Fucking hypocrites, you included.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-12, 09:15

Spartans4Life wrote:

As I am often told, do your own research for the sources...

The girl who filled a case against Trump for raping her when she was underage was in the news years ago, and the estimates of how many people needlessly died of covid in the US due to the government's lack of reasonable actions has also been extensively in the news.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-12, 12:04

Spartans4Life wrote:

So, I'll leave these here.  You are more than welcome to dispute them with evidence.  

Trumps policy failures most likely caused more deaths during covid.

American health had been declining since 1980 as far as death expectancy, but it rapidly increased.

Liability for sexual assault means that the jury has concluded that the plaintiff has satisfied the preponderance of the evidence standard

I value your Trumpian views here.  We will not allow you to throw shit against a wall.  I welcome your counter claims and the evidence you are going to use to show us.  

Again, this isn't Wells, nor is it Twitter.  This is the best Spartan board there is.  

You asked for evidence.  You have it.  I look forward to yours.   But I sincerely hope this is the last time we have to do this.  Trust me, it's tiring, and I think I speak for the whole Swiill community, we won't let this turn into wells.  You can call me names, it's cool, I've been told to go fuck myself by people on this board who I respect as far as their political passion goes.  But I truly believe we've been able to keep this from being Wells because we have reasonable people.

Last edited by DWags on 2024-03-12, 12:13; edited 2 times in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-12, 12:10

Spartans4Life wrote:

Is that still a thing? People are still saying that? I mean it's been four years we've been swimming with conspiracy theories, stolen election theories, Hunter Biden computer theories, January 6th false flag theories, Margie Green Jewish space lazer stuff. I'm not sure the water is salty, but I know it's not coming from liberals cryig about it.

BTW, heck of a criteria to use to pick the leader of the free world. Seems rationale.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-03-12, 13:25

Right on cue. When you’re caught lying play the victim

So I Hear That The State of the Union Address Is Tonight..  - Page 2 Img_2048
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-12, 13:26

DWags wrote:
Spartans4Life wrote:

Is that still a thing? People are still saying that? I mean it's been four years we've been swimming with conspiracy theories, stolen election theories, Hunter Biden computer theories, January 6th false flag theories, Margie Green Jewish space lazer stuff. I'm not sure the water is salty, but I know it's not coming from liberals cryig about it.

BTW, heck of a criteria to use to pick the leader of the free world. Seems rationale.
ya know, the MAGA patriots are an interesting bunch..

their identity is wrapped up in a christian patriot who has five children from three different women, has filed for bankruptcy six times, lost the popular vote twice, lost the House, lost the Senate, was impeached twice, has been convicted of rape and is currently charged with 91 felonies.

imagine that being your beacon of hope in life. So I Hear That The State of the Union Address Is Tonight..  - Page 2 502811600 So I Hear That The State of the Union Address Is Tonight..  - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-12, 14:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

ya know, the MAGA patriots are an interesting bunch..

their identity is wrapped up in a christian patriot who has five children from three different women, has filed for bankruptcy six times, lost the popular vote twice, lost the House, lost the Senate, was impeached twice, has been convicted of rape and is currently charged with 91 felonies.

imagine that being your beacon of hope in life. So I Hear That The State of the Union Address Is Tonight..  - Page 2 502811600 So I Hear That The State of the Union Address Is Tonight..  - Page 2 502811600

Are you talking about this guy?

[tw]1767527205733552505?s=20[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-03-12, 14:49

The poster with current screen name Zurn is trolling his ass off and proving that’s the only reason he’s on The Swill.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-03-12, 15:28

DWags wrote:
Zurn wrote:

Dwags, you're making a few mistakes here.

I do not support or "endorse" Trump. I view him as the second worst presidential candidate of all time, only one worse was Hillary. All he would have to do to win the election is to act half way decent. He seems utterly incapable of that and so I predict he will once again lose.

However I can state the above while also being appalled by the Stalinist tactics used to attack him and try and get him off the ballot. The Carroll case is ludicrous - a civil trial with the the verdict being determined by a single left wing judge based on zero evidence other than a story concocted from a NCIS episode.

The Biden v Trump election is a big dilemma for many people, myself included. If you will concede that it is possible in good faith to believe that Biden is not capable of being president and that his policies have been horrifically bad for the country, what are those voters supposed to do? Many will hold their nose and vote for Trump. As I have stated I will vote for RFK, Jr.

Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-12, 15:51

Zurn wrote:
DWags wrote:

I do not support or "endorse" Trump.   I view him as the second worst presidential candidate of all time, only one worse was Hillary.   All he would have to do to win the election is to act half way decent.   He seems utterly incapable of that and so I predict he will once again lose.  

However I can state the above while also being appalled by the Stalinist tactics used to attack him and try and get him off the ballot.  The Carroll case is ludicrous - a civil trial with the the verdict being determined by a single left wing judge based on zero evidence other than a story concocted from a NCIS episode.  

The Biden v Trump election is a big dilemma  for many people, myself included.   If you will concede that it is possible in good faith to believe that Biden is not capable of being president and that his policies have been horrifically bad for the country, what are those voters supposed to do?   Many will hold their nose and vote for Trump.   As I have stated I will vote for RFK, Jr.  

Trump was convicted of sexual assault by a jury of 9 people, not a single judge.  (The judge in this case, after the conviction, was clear that NY law is out of step with the rest of the nation and that what NY calls sexual assault the rest of the nation calls rape)

He was further convicted of deformation of the same plantiff by a second jury.

The judge without a jury trial was about his business fraud case, a case in which Trump had the choice of a jury or judge only trial and Trump chose the latter.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-03-12, 16:12

Zurn wrote:
DWags wrote:

I do not support or "endorse" Trump.   I view him as the second worst presidential candidate of all time, only one worse was Hillary.   All he would have to do to win the election is to act half way decent.   He seems utterly incapable of that and so I predict he will once again lose.  

However I can state the above while also being appalled by the Stalinist tactics used to attack him and try and get him off the ballot.  The Carroll case is ludicrous - a civil trial with the the verdict being determined by a single left wing judge based on zero evidence other than a story concocted from a NCIS episode.  

The Biden v Trump election is a big dilemma  for many people, myself included.   If you will concede that it is possible in good faith to believe that Biden is not capable of being president and that his policies have been horrifically bad for the country, what are those voters supposed to do?   Many will hold their nose and vote for Trump.   As I have stated I will vote for RFK, Jr.  

There is no way the 14th amendment of the constitution (conservative say they love) can be read that shows "Stalinist" tactics. American tactics, yes, because it's in black and white.
https://constitution.congress.gov/constitution/amendment-14/

Read this, if the asshole just shut his fucking mouth he would have been in the clear.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._Jean_Carroll_v._Donald_J._Trump

Third highlight... please define "horrifically bad policies". Genuinely curious at what an actual "conservative" (non-trumper) would define those as.

Last edited by AvgMSUJoe on 2024-03-12, 16:13; edited 3 times in total
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-12, 16:12

Zurn wrote:
DWags wrote:

I do not support or "endorse" Trump. I view him as the second worst presidential candidate of all time, only one worse was Hillary. All he would have to do to win the election is to act half way decent. He seems utterly incapable of that and so I predict he will once again lose.

However I can state the above while also being appalled by the Stalinist tactics used to attack him and try and get him off the ballot. The Carroll case is ludicrous - a civil trial with the the verdict being determined by a single left wing judge based on zero evidence other than a story concocted from a NCIS episode.

The Biden v Trump election is a big dilemma for many people, myself included. If you will concede that it is possible in good faith to believe that Biden is not capable of being president and that his policies have been horrifically bad for the country, what are those voters supposed to do? Many will hold their nose and vote for Trump. As I have stated I will vote for RFK, Jr.

So in one of those cases stated above our court system worked. But in the other our court system didn’t?

Let’s keep it to whether we agree or disagree with the outcome based on our personal
Politics. Not whether our judicial system is broke. That’s what the marxists and communists would want us to believe isn’t it?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-12, 20:27

Trapper Gus wrote:
Zurn wrote:

Trump was convicted of sexual assault by a jury of 9 people, not a single judge.  (The judge in this case, after the conviction, was clear that NY law is out of step with the rest of the nation and that what NY calls sexual assault the rest of the nation calls rape)

The judge without a jury trial was about his business fraud case, a case in which Trump had the choice of a jury or judge only trial and Trump chose the latter.
you're not trying to have a conversation with a MAGA christian who thinks that court decisions, the US judicial system and the US Constitution "aren't proof of anything", are you?

of course, the only time I can see that he really cares about court decisions is one in which his hero was convicted of rape.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-12, 22:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

you're not trying to have a conversation with a MAGA christian who thinks that court decisions, the US judicial system and the US Constitution "aren't proof of anything", are you?

of course, the only time I can see that he really cares about court decisions is one in which his hero was convicted of rape.

That's okay. He has never acknowledged reality when it has been presented to him...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-03-20, 15:48

This is interesting article about Allied propaganda in WWII, and about 1/2 of the way through there's even a comparison to the method and Britt unwittingly showcasing the MAGA farce to it's own supporters (those who watched, anyway).

The Man Who Used Nazi Propaganda to Help the Allies Win

What Delmer seems to have been looking to provoke is that strange moment of alienation from oneself when you become suddenly aware of how full of artifice and performance your own behaviour is. We saw another, accidental, variation of this effect in the talk by Alabama Senator Katie Britt when rebutting President Biden’s State of the Union address. Britt wasn’t trying to be satirical, but by slightly overacting her speech, she made even people loyal to the MAGA movement aware of just how full of cliché and forced poses this propaganda is.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-20, 15:53

Floyd Robertson wrote:This is interesting article about Allied propaganda in WWII, and about 1/2 of the way through there's even a comparison to the method and Britt unwittingly showcasing the MAGA farce to it's own supporters (those who watched, anyway).

The Man Who Used Nazi Propaganda to Help the Allies Win

What Delmer seems to have been looking to provoke is that strange moment of alienation from oneself when you become suddenly aware of how full of artifice and performance your own behaviour is. We saw another, accidental, variation of this effect in the talk by Alabama Senator Katie Britt when rebutting President Biden’s State of the Union address. Britt wasn’t trying to be satirical, but by slightly overacting her speech, she made even people loyal to the MAGA movement aware of just how full of cliché and forced poses this propaganda is.
scratch
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2