Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

coolest animal you've ever seen in nature?

+34
DWags
Dendrobates
kingstonlake
Spartan Pride
Mentalstate
SBSpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Cosmo_Kramer
Roger Waymeth
The Pantry
SawGreen
Johnny Alpamayo
Travis of the Cosmos
DroppedByADime
WBill
MiamiSpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
HT
Brock Middlebrook
WhiteBoyHatcher
LoneWolfSparty
Jake from State Farm
AvgMSUJoe
Turtleneck
goodbar
AMwood
tTito
Cym Jim
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
tanfan!
Floyd Robertson
Motown Spartan
Ass Dan
38 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

coolest animal you've ever seen in nature? Empty coolest animal you've ever seen in nature?

Post by Ass Dan 2014-08-19, 06:08

Saw a nurse shark up close while i was snorkeling a couple years ago, also saw a bald eagle as i was driving up to traverse city in March.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

coolest animal you've ever seen in nature? Empty Re: coolest animal you've ever seen in nature?

Post by Motown Spartan 2014-08-19, 06:33

Probably a black bear. I've seen a half dozen or so of them in the past few years.

I see bald eagles all the time.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

coolest animal you've ever seen in nature? Empty Re: coolest animal you've ever seen in nature?

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-08-19, 06:45

I'm gonna say the coyote I saw in my back yard about 14 years ago. Nothing so magnificent as a coyote in Sterling Heights.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-08-19, 06:54

Killer whales off the coast of Hawaii. Just going boating in the inter coastal and observing a pod of dolphin swim next to your boat and jump is pretty darn sweet, faggit
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-08-19, 07:17

Tanfan! wrote:Killer whales off the coast of Hawaii. Just going boating in the inter coastal and observing a pod of dolphin swim next to your boat and jump is pretty darn sweet, faggit

Im very jealous. I'm all about seeing wild life and killer whales are as cool as it gets.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-08-19, 08:16

Heading out to go fishing had a couple of dolphins playing in the wake and trying to keep up with the boat. I still think its cool to see dolphins in the wild.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-08-19, 08:21

I had a beer once with Spartan Al at Crunchy's.. Townie was there too.

I miss Al. Where is he? Great dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-08-19, 08:45

Spent a month in Malawi and didn't see elephants the whole trip. Last day I was sitting on a little boat bird watching, surrounded by crocodiles and hippos, and a whole herd of the buggers emerged out of the tall grass in a matter of seconds, had a drink, then disappeared just as quick. Nearly shit myself it was so awesome.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-08-19, 09:04

Snorkling with the turtles in front of Tiger Woods house in Wailea.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-08-19, 09:10

Cym Jim wrote:Spent a month in Malawi and didn't see elephants the whole trip. Last day I was sitting on a little boat bird watching, surrounded by crocodiles and hippos, and a whole herd of the buggers emerged out of the tall grass in a matter of seconds, had a drink, then disappeared just as quick. Nearly shit myself it was so awesome.

coolest animal you've ever seen in nature? 0I5PR5G
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-08-19, 09:13

A red-headed mattress thrasher.

coolest animal you've ever seen in nature? Bc5b5ca92b609926c786ce2a36c2cea6
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-08-19, 09:18

gHost Spartan wrote:When I was an MSU student I went to Zimbabwe for an entire summer. It was fucking bad ass... I saw everything in the wild except a lion. We did a canoe safari on Lake Kariba, and we were stationed on this barge in a remote section of the lake. We'd take canoes out for little trips. There was nothing more spooky than looking down when you're paddling in four feet of water and seeing a giant croc in the mud underneath. We saw hippos, giraffe, crocs, elephants, baboons, lots of monkeys, everything except lions. There were a couple of really neat parts of the trip. One morning we got up at like 4 am or something and we took the canoes down one of the tributaries. The guide pulled us over to the side of the tributary and we stopped, and waited. After a while the hippos came and they literally run along the bottom of the stream. It was so fucking cool. At night, from atop our barge, we shined a spotlight and all you could see were red eyes in the water. Creepy as hell.

Did you see any lions?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-08-19, 09:19

gHost Spartan wrote:When I was an MSU student I went to Zimbabwe for an entire summer. It was fucking bad ass... I saw everything in the wild except a lion. We did a canoe safari on Lake Kariba, and we were stationed on this barge in a remote section of the lake. We'd take canoes out for little trips. There was nothing more spooky than looking down when you're paddling in four feet of water and seeing a giant croc in the mud underneath. We saw hippos, giraffe, crocs, elephants, baboons, lots of monkeys, everything except lions. There were a couple of really neat parts of the trip. One morning we got up at like 4 am or something and we took the canoes down one of the tributaries. The guide pulled us over to the side of the tributary and we stopped, and waited. After a while the hippos came and they literally run along the bottom of the stream. It was so fucking cool. At night, from atop our barge, we shined a spotlight and all you could see were red eyes in the water. Creepy as hell.

this dog saw a lion.

coolest animal you've ever seen in nature? 1407342731_lion_cub_sneaks_up_on_dog_and_scares_it
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-08-19, 09:35

Turtleneck wrote:

Did you see any lions?

Did you see a Lion in captivity? I saw one at the Potter Park Zoo this summer.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-08-19, 09:44

coolest animal you've ever seen in nature? Smoqslr
Blue footed boobies?
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-08-19, 10:04

I was working in Florida and the guy I was working with chased down an armadillo and caught it with his hands, the thing crapped all over the place. That was pretty cool.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-08-19, 10:29

Jake from State Farm wrote:I was working in Florida and the guy I was working with chased down an armadillo and caught it with his hands, the thing crapped all over the place. That was pretty cool.
what did the armadillo do?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-08-19, 10:31

Jake from State Farm wrote:I was working in Florida and the guy I was working with chased down an armadillo and caught it with his hands, the thing crapped all over the place. That was pretty cool.

A friend of mine found an armadillo in his bath tub, so he killed it and ate it.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-08-19, 10:36

Let's see:

The 9 pointer I whacked with my bow last fall was pretty cool! He had a broken G2 from fighting so he's going to make a sweet shoulder mount (get it back from the taxidermist in a couple of months).

The big coyote my cousin shot during the late private land doe season last year was pretty cool. By their their coats are so thick and luxurious. I would love to have a coyote skin coat. Warmest stuff ever.

The coolest animal I ever saw in the wild that I/we didn't shoot was a hawk that tried to land n the treestand I was in. Bumped into my leg when he tried to land, then flew to the tree in front of me and looked back like "WHAT WAS THAT!" When I reached into my pocket to get my phone to try to get a pic he took off like a bat out of Bob Sak's future dwelling place. Crashing into limbs as he went. He was magnificent. An hour later I whacked my first bow buck ever (that was several years ago.)

Had a turkey fly 5 feet over my head on opening day of gun season several years ago. Amazing how loud its wings cutting through the air was. 

Best thing about hunting is all of the encounters with wild life, even the ones you don't shoot!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-08-19, 10:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
what did the armadillo do?

It ran slow enough to get caught.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-08-19, 10:39

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Let's see:

The 9 pointer I whacked with my bow last fall was pretty cool! He had a broken G2 from fighting so he's going to make a sweet shoulder mount (get it back from the taxidermist in a couple of months).

The big coyote my cousin shot during the late private land doe season last year was pretty cool. By their their coats are so thick and luxurious. I would love to have a coyote skin coat. Warmest stuff ever.

The coolest animal I ever saw in the wild that I/we didn't shoot was a hawk that tried to land n the treestand I was in. Bumped into my leg when he tried to land, then flew to the tree in front of me and looked back like "WHAT WAS THAT!" When I reached into my pocket to get my phone to try to get a pic he took off like a bat out of Bob Sak's future dwelling place. Crashing into limbs as he went. He was magnificent. An hour later I whacked my first bow buck ever (that was several years ago.)

Had a turkey fly 5 feet over my head on opening day of gun season several years ago. Amazing how loud its wings cutting through the air was. 

Best thing about hunting is all of the encounters with wild life, even the ones you don't shoot!

There's just so many beautiful things in nature ready and waiting to be killed. can't even list'em all.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-08-19, 10:40

I had a fox run over to me and sniff my leg when I was stillhunting. And no, he didn't try to hump it, maybe it was female and I didn't look like lawn furniture.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-08-19, 10:52

Jake from State Farm wrote:

I had a fox run over to me and sniff my leg when I was stillhunting. And no, he didn't try to hump it, maybe it was female and I didn't look like lawn furniture.

That's cool. Had a mink run over my boot walking out to my stand last fall. Couldn't get an arrow nocked and drawn before he was gone. Rotten little evil weasels, will kill your chickens and steal your eggs. Nasty critters. But they make great coats!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-08-19, 11:02

Jake from State Farm wrote: And no, he didn't try to hump it,
Well, you do sound hideous so maybe it was not attracted to you.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-08-19, 11:04

Turtleneck wrote:

That could very well be. It's not like I attract a lot of attention from foxes, human or otherwise.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-08-19, 11:07

I had a big ass hawk try to land on my head once while I was standing in my tree stand. Scared the shit out of both of us. Also had a porcupine climb up my tree and started eating pine cones and dropped shit on my head all afternoon then he climbed back down.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-08-19, 11:25

tTito wrote:

I had a big ass hawk try to land on my head once while I was standing in my tree stand. Scared the shit out of both of us. Also had a porcupine climb up my tree and started eating pine cones and dropped shit on my head all afternoon then he climbed back down.

One Upper!!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-08-19, 11:28

I've killed a humpback whale, an orca, two zebras, and an orangutan.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-08-19, 11:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I've killed a humpback whale, an orca, two zebras, and an orangutan.

So what? Craig James killed five hookers.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-08-19, 11:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I've killed a humpback whale, an orca, two zebras, and an orangutan.

You really haven't lived until you've seen the seas turn red from the blood of a humpback whale that's been harpooned.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-08-19, 11:31

Jake from State Farm wrote:

You really haven't lived until you've seen the seas turn red from the blood of a humpback whale that's been harpooned.

I once made a baby seal watch as I clubbed its entire family to death. I swear those are the cutest little things that I've ever seen.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-08-19, 11:49

goodbar wrote:

I once made a baby seal watch as I clubbed its entire family to death. I swear those are the cutest little things that I've ever seen.

Very cute. And quite tasty I might add.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-08-19, 13:20

I got stung by a Portuguese Man-O-War in the Cayman Islands.  Getting stung by it sucked, but the animal itself is cool.

coolest animal you've ever seen in nature? Portuguese-man-of-war-thumb

coolest animal you've ever seen in nature? A4s_manowar052308a_24572c%5B1%5D
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-08-19, 17:17

Did you have a homosexual experience with an African animal. NTTAWWT. Because. that would have been cool
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-08-19, 17:36

Black bear. Used to see them all the time in Boy Scouts camping in the Adirondacks. Saw a bald eagle canoeing as well, and they're pretty sweet, too.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-08-19, 17:38

Tiger Shark in Gulf Shores, Alabama
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-08-19, 17:39

Gators, eagles, dolphins, and manatees are all common enough in Florida, but still cool. Also have seen a wild boar and an armadillo. Haven't seen any panthers in the wild though, but there aren't many of them.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-08-19, 17:44

Watching bald eagles is still my favorite.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DroppedByADime 2014-08-19, 18:21

Pod of killer whales feeding on schools of salmon from the beach in a remote inlet in sw Alaska ( no roads for 100 miles). Vs

A great white during a shark cage dive off the fatal loan islands.

The great white would sin easily except the visibility sucked from the cage in murky water and I thought I was freezing to death.

That 7 ton coyote I used to post about would be third.

DroppedByADime
DroppedByADime
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DroppedByADime 2014-08-19, 18:22

Lol. Farallon.
DroppedByADime
DroppedByADime
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next