Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone Else at HopCat For Their 1st Anniversary Party?

+20
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
tGreenWay
Death Roe
Giant Moose
By-Tor
The_Dude
The Pantry
Marc Summers
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
WhiteBoyHatcher
Cym Jim
NigelUno
Ass Dan
duffy munn
goodbar
Robert J Sakimano
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anyone Else at HopCat For Their 1st Anniversary Party? Empty Anyone Else at HopCat For Their 1st Anniversary Party?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-08-25, 08:07

Anyone Else at HopCat For Their 1st Anniversary Party? 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anyone Else at HopCat For Their 1st Anniversary Party? Empty Re: Anyone Else at HopCat For Their 1st Anniversary Party?

Post by goodbar 2014-08-25, 09:04

you there with Timbo and Rexrode?
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anyone Else at HopCat For Their 1st Anniversary Party? Empty Re: Anyone Else at HopCat For Their 1st Anniversary Party?

Post by duffy munn 2014-08-25, 09:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Anyone Else at HopCat For Their 1st Anniversary Party? 2599972566

Time flies. I can't believe it's been a whole year since I waited in line over night to have my very first order of crack fries.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-08-25, 09:27

goodbar wrote:you there with Timbo and Rexrode?
no.. I believe they were in the VIP area.. pretty sure I caught a glimpse of them at one point, though.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-08-25, 09:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
no.. I believe they were in the VIP area.. pretty sure I caught a glimpse of them at one point, though.

Lucky...
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-08-25, 09:29

duffy munn wrote:

Time flies. I can't believe it's been a whole year since I waited in line over night to have my very first order of crack fries.
Anyone Else at HopCat For Their 1st Anniversary Party? 502811600

they were giving away a FREE basket of crack fries (with an order of something else) on Saturday.. just think, you could've gotten FREE crack fries once you ordered a Rattlesnake River Count Chocula Pudgy Porter..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-08-25, 09:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

they were giving away a FREE basket of crack fries (with an order of something else) on Saturday.. just think, you could've gotten FREE crack fries once you ordered a Rattlesnake River Count Chocula Pudgy Porter..

Did you have to pay extra for the cheese dip though? Scam.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-08-25, 09:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

That's how they snare you man. first hit of crack fries are free....then they got you for good.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-08-25, 09:42

NigelUno wrote:

Did you have to pay extra for the cheese dip though?  Scam.
I don't know.. I try to stay away from that stuff. I ate a few cold crack fries from the basket my buddy had.. that was enough for me.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-08-25, 09:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Is the VIP area under the Bono portrait?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-08-25, 09:50

NigelUno wrote:

Is the VIP area under the Bono portrait?
which Bono portrait?

the one where Bono looks like Jack White.. or the one where Bono looks like Keith Richards.. or the one where Bono looks like Johnny Cash.. or the one where Bono looks like the guy from America's Funny Home Videos?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-08-25, 09:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
which Bono portrait?

the one where Bono looks like Jack White.. or the one where Bono looks like Keith Richards.. or the one where Bono looks like Johnny Cash..  or the one where Bono looks like the guy from America's Funny Home Videos?

You tell me. You were there. Rolling Eyes
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-08-25, 10:51

Whatever you do Bob, don't embarrass yourself by ordering a Sam Adams Anyone Else at HopCat For Their 1st Anniversary Party? 4198636888
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-08-25, 11:42

Cym Jim wrote:Whatever you do Bob, don't embarrass yourself by ordering a Sam Adams Anyone Else at HopCat For Their 1st Anniversary Party? 4198636888
I took one look at the beer menu and told the guy to bring me whatever my buddy was drinking..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-02-07, 23:36

Finally broke my HopCat cherry today. Went to the one in Midtown before a show at the Fisher. The crack fries are honestly pretty good. The burger was mediocre. The beer I ordered was also mediocre. Verrrrry hipster-ish. Not that that's a bad thing. Midtown is pretty alive.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-02-08, 10:43

I got a job working at the hopcat opening in Ann arbor next Saturday.

The food is kinda gross honestly. Very corporate vibes as well for a place that's supposed to be "hip".

The job seems pretty cool though.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-02-08, 10:50

Ass Dan wrote:I got a job working at the hopcat opening in Ann arbor next Saturday.

The food is kinda gross honestly. Very corporate vibes as well for a place that's supposed to be "hip".

The job seems pretty cool though.

Are you putting the crack on the fries?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-02-08, 11:04

NigelUno wrote:

Are you putting the crack on the fries?

No, I'm a barback. The tilapia sandwich is breaded in crushed up doritos. I think that's vile.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-02-08, 11:36

Ass Dan wrote:

No, I'm a barback. The tilapia sandwich is breaded in crushed up doritos. I think that's vile.

Fat chicks in AA will love it. Just do your job. Stay out of the kitchen.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-02-08, 12:10

I like the bruschetta more than the fries
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-02-08, 12:18

Am I allowed to like crack fries?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-08, 12:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Am I allowed to like crack fries?

I can see Jalen Rose ordering a lot of these crack fries.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-02-08, 12:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote: Anyone Else at HopCat For Their 1st Anniversary Party? 502811600

I would drink that. Big into porters these days.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-08, 12:58

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Big into porters these days.

Make sure you give your porters a decent tip.

Anyone Else at HopCat For Their 1st Anniversary Party? Article-2275669-176DF7A2000005DC-816_634x497

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-02-08, 15:26

I'm honestly not a fan of Hopcat. I'd imagine the one in Ann Arbor will fail, just because there are so many better options there.

Hopcat appeals to uncultured suburbanites who otherwise would be eating from a chain.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-02-08, 15:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Am I allowed to like crack fries?

Those are incredibly overrated. Nothing crack like about them.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-08, 17:29

Marc Summers wrote:I'm honestly not a fan of Hopcat. I'd imagine the one in Ann Arbor will fail, just because there are so many better options there.

Hopcat appeals to uncultured suburbanites who otherwise would be eating from a chain.

Says the guy that considers a taco bar to be fancy.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-02-08, 18:05

Turtleneck wrote:

Says the guy that considers a taco bar to be fancy.

The taco bar is a happy hour deal. It's just really tasty free food.
Hopcat is just mediocre food in a bad setting.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-02-08, 18:14

Ass Dan wrote:

Tortilla crusted tilapia is common and usually pretty good. Doritos don't sound that bad as long as they are regular and not one of the flavored varieties
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-08, 19:31

Marc Summers wrote:

The taco bar is a happy hour deal. It's just really tasty free food.
Hopcat is just mediocre food in a bad setting.

I have never been to a Hopcat, but I can tell you're not in position to criticize since you have to go around finding free food to get by.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-02-08, 21:37

The Pantry wrote:Tortilla crusted tilapia is common and usually pretty good. Doritos don't sound that bad as long as they are regular and not one of the flavored varieties

Dude, part the extra money and use cod. Tilapia is disgusting. The absolutely shittiest fish you can serve. But hey, go ahead and roll it in fucking doritos. Whatever, right?
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-02-08, 22:02

Ass Dan wrote:

Dude, part the extra money and use cod. Tilapia is disgusting. The absolutely shittiest fish you can serve. But hey, go ahead and roll it in fucking doritos. Whatever, right?
Disagree. Tilapia is not bad at all IMO, except that most of it is farmed. Firm and holds up well for pan searing/grilling. I like cod too but it's very flaky would only stay together for a sandwich if battered and deep fried...at which point you should skip the bread and just get fish-n-chips.

Not that it means anything in this conversation but tilapia is rumored to be the fish Jesus fed to the masses
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-02-08, 22:42

The Pantry wrote:Disagree. Tilapia is not bad at all IMO, except that most of it is farmed. Firm and holds up well for pan searing/grilling. I like cod too but it's very flaky would only stay together for a sandwich if battered and deep fried...at which point you should skip the bread and just get fish-n-chips.

Not that it means anything in this conversation but tilapia is rumored to be the fish Jesus fed to the masses

The thing is that the public hears tilapia and can't be sure it doesn't come from a Chinese water treatment facility.

Tilapia is lower than catfish, and that's saying something.
Hopcat fries everything that isn't a salad and that's a problem IMO
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-08, 22:52

Ass Dan wrote:

The thing is that the public hears tilapia and can't be sure it doesn't come from a Chinese water treatment facility.

Tilapia is lower than catfish, and that's saying something.
Hopcat fries everything that isn't a salad and that's a problem IMO

Sounds like you should find a different place to work.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-08, 23:36

Marc Summers wrote:I'm honestly not a fan of Hopcat. I'd imagine the one in Ann Arbor will fail, just because there are so many better options there.

Agreed but unfortunately Ann Arbor blows East Lansing out when it comes to dining/nightlife.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2015-02-08, 23:43

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Finally broke my HopCat cherry today. Went to the one in Midtown before a show at the Fisher. The crack fries are honestly pretty good. The burger was mediocre. The beer I ordered was also mediocre. Verrrrry hipster-ish. Not that that's a bad thing. Midtown is pretty alive.
The one in EL is not hipsterish at all. Good place to pre game IMO
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2015-02-08, 23:47

Beer list is very solid. No?
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-02-08, 23:51

Turtleneck wrote:

Sounds like you should find a different place to work.

I just got my degree in actuarial science. Hopcat isn't a career move for ya boi
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-02-08, 23:56

By-Tor wrote: Beer list is very solid. No?

Yeah they have a solid list of beers, but everywhere does.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-02-08, 23:58

Marc Summers wrote:

Yeah they have a solid list of beers, but everywhere does.

False. If toy lived in aa, you would know better. N00b
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next