Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone Else at HopCat For Their 1st Anniversary Party?

+20
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
tGreenWay
Death Roe
Giant Moose
By-Tor
The_Dude
The Pantry
Marc Summers
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
WhiteBoyHatcher
Cym Jim
NigelUno
Ass Dan
duffy munn
goodbar
Robert J Sakimano
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Anyone Else at HopCat For Their 1st Anniversary Party? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone Else at HopCat For Their 1st Anniversary Party?

Post by DWags 2018-12-12, 11:15

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Anyone Else at HopCat For Their 1st Anniversary Party? - Page 3 Giphy

Anyone Else at HopCat For Their 1st Anniversary Party? - Page 3 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anyone Else at HopCat For Their 1st Anniversary Party? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone Else at HopCat For Their 1st Anniversary Party?

Post by DWags 2018-12-13, 02:57

Crack chicken taking over.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2018-12-13, 03:20

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

As with most of this click bait bullshit that doesn't really matter or mean anything. Everything and anything has to be a social controversy that indicates the country and people are going to shit. You'd think we get tired of it, but...here we are. It sells and gets stupid people riled up.
Remember when biggby was called beaners and the same people got mad for 15 minutes when they changed their name and then everyone just forgot about it because truthfully no one actually cared very much

Fuck you bro, it'll always be Beaners to me!!!

PS never spent a dollar at that place, but it is Beaner's fo life!
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-16, 08:19

they're now "Cosmik Fries"...

so I suspect folks are melting down accordingly.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-16, 08:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:they're now "Cosmik Fries"...

I never had a problem with the original name, but whatever, I get it. It's funny to watch certain people lose their shit over this kind of stuff. Kind of like our cowboy friend that flipped his wig over the Gillette commercial.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-01-16, 09:01

Anti Drug French Fries.

Hopcat. Making a difference in 2019.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-16, 09:08

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I never had a problem with the original name, but whatever, I get it. It's funny to watch certain people lose their shit over this kind of stuff. Kind of like our cowboy friend that flipped his wig over the Gillette commercial.
yeah - I wasn't offended by 'crack fries' - but I get why it's not a good idea or a positive thing for our community.

but, yes, I'm certain there are people outraged at "Cosmik Fries" - just like a Gillette commercial. As it turns out, some people wake up every morning looking for things to direct their anger toward.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-16, 09:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

yeah - I wasn't offended by 'crack fries' - but I get why it's not a good idea or a positive thing for our community.

but, yes, I'm certain there are people outraged at "Cosmik Fries" - just like a Gillette commercial. As it turns out, some people wake up every morning looking for things to direct their anger toward.

I’m so outraged I haven’t shaved for an hour and a half. My protest will last another 22 1/2 hours too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-16, 10:16

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I’m so outraged I haven’t shaved for an hour and a half. My protest will last another 22 1/2 hours too.
Anyone Else at HopCat For Their 1st Anniversary Party? - Page 3 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2019-01-16, 11:06

should have just renamed them "Narcan" fries - sell them as saving lives of heroin addicts
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-06-04, 12:02

Hopcat Parent Company filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy yesterday.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-06-04, 13:09

NigelUno wrote:Hopcat Parent Company filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy yesterday.

Took their $6 million from the taxpayers and filed bankruptcy. How convenient.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-06-04, 13:36

Oh no! My crack fries!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-04, 14:36

Announced it on social media. Still planning to open, except one place that lost its lease—Royal Oak, I think it was.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-06-04, 15:32

Jake from State Farm wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Hopcat Parent Company filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy yesterday.

What would you suggest? Take the Federal Bailout money intended for businesses their size and go belly up?

BarFly Ventures is a private company so they are not sticking stockholders and they can re-organize financially in the post Covid-19 business environment.

As noted, the only location BarFly has opened that's closed is Royal Oak where the landlord has seen his property become a hot location and offered a lease that didn't work for Hop Cat's balance sheet. That's 1 of 16-17 locations.

The biggest hurdle every bar/eatery has to overcome is figuring a pricing schedule that will allow for fewer customers because of distancing/capacity that will allow them to stay open.

A few weeks ago I read where Dagwoods on the EL/Lansing border was struggling. Ever since Trippers in Frandor closed the place has been so packed we haven't been able to get in there on week nights until after 9:00 for a burger and beer. Hop Cat isn't the only place trying to tough things out and as big as they very few bar/restaurant can go with minimum takeout business for nearly 90 days and stay financially robust.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-06-04, 17:29

GRR Spartan wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

What would you suggest? Take the Federal Bailout money intended for businesses their size and go belly up?

BarFly Ventures is a private company so they are not sticking stockholders and they can re-organize financially in the post Covid-19 business environment.

As noted, the only location BarFly has opened that's closed is Royal Oak where the landlord has seen his property become a hot location and offered a lease that didn't work for Hop Cat's balance sheet. That's 1 of 16-17 locations.

The biggest hurdle every bar/eatery has to overcome is figuring a pricing schedule that will allow for fewer customers because of distancing/capacity that will allow them to stay open.

A few weeks ago I read where Dagwoods on the EL/Lansing border was struggling. Ever since Trippers in Frandor closed the place has been so packed we haven't been able to get in there on week nights until after 9:00 for a burger and beer. Hop Cat isn't the only place trying to tough things out and as big as they very few bar/restaurant can go with minimum takeout business for nearly 90 days and stay financially robust.

Dagwoods will be fine.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3