Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

College Football is annoying me right now

+13
Wally Fairway
Chitown_Badger
tTito
Nordic
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
LoneWolfSparty
beal99
Senior Dickfist
steveschneider
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
17 posters

Go down

College Football is annoying me right now Empty College Football is annoying me right now

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-09-09, 12:55

Just watched an ESPN segment about Pedo State U and after they talked about the Big Ten on the field... Had one SEC slappy on and some other douche. Both said a big ten team would make the playoffs if "hell freezes over" and "a miracle of biblical proportions".

Are you serious? There are, what, 11 more games to be played including conference championships and MSU has no shot? All 12 of these teams ranked ahead of MSU can't lose? This whole ESPN SEC shit has gotten worse since the playoff and The sec network coming into play.

The system is still broken like this if ESPN can dictate shit like this, and they have a lot more influence than we think.

I always thought college football >>>> any pro sport and college basketball but fuck man, this is bullshit. Maybe I need to start following a NFL team if my natty hopes are already done.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

College Football is annoying me right now Empty Re: College Football is annoying me right now

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-09-09, 13:05

meh - gets played out on the field for the most part.

yeah, the Big 10 sucks.. and that sucks for MSU - we win out, we're in okay shape. SEC will beat up on each other.. Oklahoma is the class of the Big 12 - Pac 10 or whatever they're called - likely to come down to UCLA or Oregon..

it'll play out, brah. Relax.. it's just a bunch of kids playing football.

unless we're discussing it here.. then my self-esteem is firmly rooted in it and the fate of humanity lays in the balance.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

College Football is annoying me right now Empty Re: College Football is annoying me right now

Post by Rocinante 2014-09-09, 13:11

It's annoying me too because I find it unfathomable how many teams are getting away with violations and this shit with PSU is the worst if it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-09-09, 13:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Just watched an ESPN segment about Pedo State U and after they talked about the Big Ten on the field... Had one SEC slappy on and some other douche. Both said a big ten team would make the playoffs if "hell freezes over" and "a miracle of biblical proportions".

Are you serious? There are, what, 11 more games to be played including conference championships and MSU has no shot? All 12 of these teams ranked ahead of MSU can't lose? This whole ESPN SEC shit has gotten worse since the playoff and The sec network coming into play.

The system is still broken like this if ESPN can dictate shit like this, and they have a lot more influence than we think.

I always thought college football >>>> any pro sport and college basketball but fuck man, this is bullshit. Maybe I need to start following a NFL team if my natty hopes are already done.

It's been hard to take cfb seasons seriously for as long as I've been alive and started following the sport seriously

I like the sport in the sense that I like the games, and I like how it keeps me close to the school and the alum.

The way the season concludes though, I've never been able to wrap my head around it and I despise all of the human evaluation that is involved in declaring a champion.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2014-09-09, 13:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:meh - gets played out on the field for the most part.

yeah, the Big 10 sucks.. and that sucks for MSU - we win out, we're in okay shape. SEC will beat up on each other.. Oklahoma is the class of the Big 12 - Pac 10 or whatever they're called - likely to come down to UCLA or Oregon..

Did someone hack your account?  lol!
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 2014-09-09, 13:35

PSU fans are convinced now they are the B1G's saviors and will romp their way to the playoffs, I've yet to find ONE PSU fan who doesn't think this.
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-09, 13:39

So, how does any of this affect my enjoyment of the games, both at Spartan Stadium and on TV? Some of you have huge lady parts that get offended way too easily.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-09-09, 13:44

LoneWolfSparty wrote:So, how does any of this affect my enjoyment of the games, both at Spartan Stadium and on TV? Some of you have huge lady parts that get offended way too easily.

"Not having a chance to make the playoff" 2 games into the season doesn't effect your enjoyment at all? Sunshine blower.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-09, 13:46

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

"Not having a chance to make the playoff" 2 games into the season doesn't effect your enjoyment at all? Sunshine blower.

A) because some losers say this doesn't make it true
B) I have enjoyed Spartan games when they were 3-8

:shrug;
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-09, 13:50

Its annoying as shit, but lets see Bama get upset by a team like Arky and listen to the narrative then.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-09-09, 13:53

LoneWolfSparty wrote:So, how does any of this affect my enjoyment of the games, both at Spartan Stadium and on TV? Some of you have huge lady parts that get offended way too easily.

It doesn't when you're morally ambivalent, I guess. Have fun with that.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-09-09, 14:01

The whole concept that 1 loss eliminates a team, even a bad loss, is totally ridiculous. There's been 1 undefeated NFL team in the history of ever. There's a reason for that... Eliminating teams because of 1 loss makes the whole system largely a crapshoot.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-09, 14:02

Having to be undefeated rewards mediocrity.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2014-09-09, 14:06

I've avoided ESPN talking heads since the game. Obviously it doesn't look good for the BIG right now. But let's see how this shit plays out. MSU, Sooners, FSU, etc all have some football left to be played.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-09, 14:24

Nordic wrote:I've avoided ESPN talking heads since the game.  Obviously it doesn't look good for the BIG right now.  But let's see how this shit plays out. MSU, Sooners, FSU, etc all have some football left to be played.
Don't read the new Forde Yard Dash, he says that PSU is the B1G only hope.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-09-09, 14:25

Nordic wrote:I've avoided ESPN talking heads since the game.  Obviously it doesn't look good for the BIG right now.  But let's see how this shit plays out. MSU, Sooners, FSU, etc all have some football left to be played.

Yeah, all the Nancies need to shut your lady parts.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-09-09, 14:47

InTenSity wrote:Having to be undefeated rewards mediocrity.
Edit- I reread your post as I misread it the first time. But now have no idea what you're saying.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-09-09, 14:51

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Edit- I reread your post as I misread it the first time. But now have no idea what you're saying.

He means you schedule easy teams in the pre-season (S.E.C.) and then thump your chest about the strength of your conference.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-09, 14:58

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Yeah, the Seahawks were totes mediocre with their (gasp!) 3 losses.

That's a really silly argument.
Let me rephrase this. In CFB a team has to go undefeated, supposedly, in order to be thought of as great. An undefeated team doesn't mean they are great, it means their competition is mediocre or horrible. Why schedule 2 Div 2 schools, a bottom tier FBS team, and then try to say that you are scheduling a Power 5 conference team by playing someone like Purdue. Then to turn around and say the conference you play in is too hard, so you need 1/4 of the schedule to be patsies, except your conference schedule is against 4 teams with a combined 10 wins the previous year, so now 1/2 the schedule is patsies. In the end the 'best' team might only have to play 2 good teams, well congratulations, you probably made it with no injuries into the post season. ND was undefeated or whatever a couple of years ago, everyone knew that they sucked, but because they didn't lose they got to get dominated in the championship game. There were probably at least 8 teams better than they were, but those teams all had 1 loss at some point.

Water down the scheduling, act like playing in your conference is a gauntlet (even though you play mostly bad teams) and declare yourself #1.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-09-09, 14:58

InTenSity wrote:
Don't read the new Forde Yard Dash, he says that PSU is the B1G only hope.

Watch out for some shady B10 reffing on down the road.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-09-09, 15:07

InTenSity wrote:
Let me rephrase this. In CFB a team has to go undefeated, supposedly, in order to be thought of as great. An undefeated team doesn't mean they are great, it means their competition is mediocre or horrible. Why schedule 2 Div 2 schools, a bottom tier FBS team, and then try to say that you are scheduling a Power 5 conference team by playing someone like Purdue. Then to turn around and say the conference you play in is too hard, so you need 1/4 of the schedule to be patsies, except your conference schedule is against 4 teams with a combined 10 wins the previous year, so now 1/2 the schedule is patsies. In the end the 'best' team might only have to play 2 good teams, well congratulations, you probably made it with no injuries into the post season. ND was undefeated or whatever a couple of years ago, everyone knew that they sucked, but because they didn't lose they got to get dominated in the championship game. There were probably at least 8 teams better than they were, but those teams all had 1 loss at some point.

Water down the scheduling, act like playing in your conference is a gauntlet (even though you play mostly bad teams) and declare yourself #1.
Gotcha. I'm still an advocate of the 64 team super conference idea with an 8 team playoff coming from the 8 divisions. F anyone not in one of those conferences, especially Notre dame.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-09-10, 08:35

steveschneider wrote:

Watch out for some shady B10 reffing on down the road.
this... always this.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-09-10, 12:54

tTito wrote:

He means you schedule easy teams in the pre-season (S.E.C.) and then thump your chest about the strength of your conference.

Not necessarily. The other option is to win some or most of the marquee matchups. The B1G has not done that...once....

The criticism is deserved.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-10, 12:58

Chitown_Badger wrote:tTito wrote:“He means you schedule easy teams in the pre-season (S.E.C.) and then thump your chest about the strength of your conference.”Not necessarily. The other option is to win some or most of the marquee matchups. The B1G has not done that...once....The criticism is deserved.

Fine. Bring a team into the Midwest in October/Nov. The b1g continually puts itself in a bad position. Next year the ducks come to e. Lansing, let's see if we get credit for that win without mariota.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-09-10, 13:16

InTenSity wrote:

Fine. Bring a team into the Midwest in October/Nov. The b1g continually puts itself in a bad position. Next year the ducks come to e. Lansing, let's see if we get credit for that win without mariota.

Agreed there. And LSU comes to Lambeau in 2016.

But I guess they could always say that Bama came up and beat the piss out of PSU not too long ago (twice maybe? I can't remember). I don't think OSU has faced any big SEC comp at home.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-10, 14:02

Chitown_Badger wrote:

Agreed there. And LSU comes to Lambeau in 2016.

But I guess they could always say that Bama came up and beat the piss out of PSU not too long ago (twice maybe? I can't remember). I don't think OSU has faced any big SEC comp at home.
The advantage the southern teams get is the heat. They practice in it and htey get used to it. The advantage the B1G would have is the cold. I think some ACC teams have to play up in BC, but they might be the coldest place after one of the VA's. Bama got to play and beat a sanctioned PSU? congrats? The PAC12 at least has to travel up to Oregon and Washington, although I believe they have much milder winters than the midwest. I know I'm on the losing side of this argument, but at some point the narrative needs to begin to change, and unfortunately that means that the B1G is going to have to upset someone.

One other issue seems to be that the B1G for whatever reason, just isn't as sharp at the beginning of the season. I don't know if other conferences practice more during the summer, or what, but the B1G rarely looks ready at the beginning of the season. Other conferences seem to be more prepared.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2014-09-10, 14:07

Here is my advice to you - don't believe everything you read and/or hear from sportswriters. Their job is create content and spark conversation, truth is they have no idea who will be in the playoffs.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-09-10, 14:21

If MSU wins out with only loss to #1 Oregon... and beat a ranked wisconsin, ohio state and nebraska (and possibly ranked penn state)?

Suspect

It is all trolling at this time. Take a deep breath. And remember, if the BCS was still around we would have been bumped from the NC game also... It's not like we have a legit playoff structure here. It is at least closer to legit.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-09-10, 14:24

Just wish we didn't have a bye this week. I really want to wash the sour taste of that Oregon loss out with a football win, but have to wait an extra week for that. Sport is going to irritate me a bit until then.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-09-10, 14:33

SpartanHT wrote:Just wish we didn't have a bye this week. I really want to wash the sour taste of that Oregon loss out with a football win, but have to wait an extra week for that. Sport is going to irritate me a bit until then.

Yeah, beating up on Wyoming would have done it for me.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-09-11, 08:17

The season does seem to have lost its luster if MSU is already out of the playoff and further there is no Rose Bowl this year. I haven't turned on a college football show this week because I have no interest in that discussion.
OTOH, MSU didn't make the Rose Bowl for 27 years and I lived and died all those games. So I think we just need another game to renew interest. Tough to have a loss going into a bye week and then EMU next.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-09-11, 08:44

Herbie Green wrote:The season does seem to have lost its luster if MSU is already out of the playoff and further there is no Rose Bowl this year.  I haven't turned on a college football show this week because I have no interest in that discussion.
OTOH, MSU didn't make the Rose Bowl for 27 years and I lived and died all those games.  So I think we just need another game to renew interest.  Tough to have a loss going into a bye week and then EMU next.  

Yeah, winning the B1G championship game and going to a BCS bowl (and yes, possibly the playoff) would just be a big fat Sleep I'm going to put my season tickets on Stub Hub and see if I can salvage a little change.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-11, 08:46

tTito wrote:Herbie Green wrote:“The season does seem to have lost its luster if MSU is already out of the playoff and further there is no Rose Bowl this year.  I haven't turned on a college football show this week because I have no interest in that discussion. OTOH, MSU didn't make the Rose Bowl for 27 years and I lived and died all those games.  So I think we just need another game to renew interest.  Tough to have a loss going into a bye week and then EMU next.  ”Yeah, winning the B1G championship game and going to a BCS bowl (and yes, possibly the playoff) would just be a big fat I'm going to put my season tickets on Stub Hub and see if I can salvage a little change.

Sunshine blower!!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-11, 08:48

I don't care what the journalists say. MSU isn't out of the hunt for a Playoff spot until they lose another game.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-11, 08:54

InTenSity wrote:I don't care what the journalists say. MSU isn't out of the hunt for a Playoff spot until they lose another game.

This * infinity. It's not like we got shut out at notre Dame or lost at home to va tech.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down