Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Condi Rice on the playoff committee

+9
InTenSity
LoneWolfSparty
75alum
kingstonlake
Rocinante
MiamiSpartan
Blanch32
Herbie Green
WhiteBoyHatcher
13 posters

Go down

Condi Rice on the playoff committee Empty Condi Rice on the playoff committee

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-10-08, 21:09

Fuck off to anyone who wants to interject politics. I honestly don't even know her party affiliation. This is a thread about college football.

I like the effort she's putting in. Like the opinions she's giving off. Hope most of them take this approach. Some good and bad for MSU. Conference Champs will and should matter, but also paying attention to strong conference teams knocking each other off. Hopes for conflict. I like the approach.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11665259/condoleezza-rice-talks-ins-outs-college-football-playoff-committee
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Condi Rice on the playoff committee Empty Re: Condi Rice on the playoff committee

Post by Herbie Green 2014-10-08, 21:21

Good article. It is good they seem to be taking this role very seriously.

But in the end they are in an impossible position and it is just analysis by paralysis . Experts are wrong often. She makes a good point about lack of intra-leauge play. Is a Mississipi team with two losses and wins over Bama and Auburn better than a one loss MSU team? No one will ever know but they will have to pick one.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Condi Rice on the playoff committee Empty Re: Condi Rice on the playoff committee

Post by Blanch32 2014-10-08, 21:46

I think part of the issue is the actual seedings.

I'm sorry but a #2 miss st vs #3 bama is simply not acceptable or appealing.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-10-08, 22:50

It is hard to know how smart she will be on football, but at least we know she's not one to give in to pressure or media influence, so I think she's a good addition as one of two members (I think) that has never been a player and/or coach and/or AD.

We are in completely new territory any way that you slice it. The dynamics of the committee will be interesting and its really anyone's guess. I'm pretty excited to see it play out....as long as we don't get unfairly dicked over.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-10-09, 03:17

gHost Spartan wrote:Yeah, I know WBH said NO POLITICS but it's really hard to "like" Condi when you know that she's at least partially responsible, or complicit, with the deaths of thousands of people, including women and children. Just my two cents.

Oh no you di'int!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-10-09, 05:08

I could care less if MSU is the best team in a bad conference.

If you put Jimmy Johnson in a race against 42 soccer moms and Dodge caravans, does it make his Lowes Chevrolet any less fast, or him any less of a driver?

Fuck em all who use conference strength as some sort of disqualfier.  ie FSU.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2014-10-09, 06:10

kingstonlake wrote:I could care less if MSU is the best team in a bad conference.

If you put Jimmy Johnson in a race against 42 soccer moms and Dodge caravans, does it make his Lowes Chevrolet any less fast, or him any less of a driver?

Fuck em all who use conference strength as some sort of disqualfier.  ie FSU.

If Johnson to do one lap through 42 soccer moms in Caravans without a wreck, he'd be Super Man Condi Rice on the playoff committee 502811600
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-10-09, 06:25

gHost Spartan wrote:Yeah, I know WBH said NO POLITICS but it's really hard to "like" Condi when you know that she's at least partially responsible, or complicit, with the deaths of thousands of people, including women and children. Just my two cents.

Yeah, because leaving Saddam in power would have saved so many lives.....
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-10-09, 08:06

I can't wait for the Committee to release their top 25, have it look only a little like ESPN's talking heads have it and they go off on how wrong the Committee is. I'd find it great if they trolled sportswriters and had a top 4 of Arizona, ND, MSU and Baylor. I don't know if that would be the right top 4, but could you imagine the outrage if there isn't an SEC team in the top 4?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-09, 08:13

Herbie Green wrote:Good article. It is good they seem to be taking this role very seriously.
agree completely. This is a very serious matter.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-10-09, 09:00

Yeah ghost, Obama and his cronies don't use drones on an unprecedented level killing people too.

Typical partisan politics. Outraged at one side fit something, head in sand when your side does it.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-10-09, 09:24

gHost Spartan wrote:

Back to football

Condi Rice on the playoff committee 502811600
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-10-09, 09:29

gHost Spartan wrote:

Not at all. I also find that deplorable.

Back to football - Why does the B1G get shit on by the media but the ACC gets a free pass? Right now, the B1G has MSU, OSU, and Nebraska ranked in the Top 25, but the ACC only has FSU and I think Clemson, which was previously unranked. The B1G also has a handful of one loss teams, Rutgers, Iowa, Minnesota, and Penn State. Meanwhile, the ACC has FSU, Ga Tech, both undefeated (but that'll change) and Louisville - all either undefeated or with one loss. The remainder of the conference teams all have at least 2 losses

Move onto the Pac 12 - U Arizona is the only remaining undefeated team. The rest of the teams in the conference have at least 1 loss. And the teams that were ranked in the beginning of the season: Oregon, UCLA, USC, and ASU, have all underperformed.

I swear the media just loves to hate the B1G for some reason.
Because of bowl records and the 1-12 showing over 2 weeks against P5 opponents in the first couple weeks of the season. The rest of the B1G wins are over schools of the poors. MSU and O$U lost their 2 marquee games, the Minny loss to TCU doesn't look as shitty now though, but basically all the losses. O$U shitting the bed against VT hurt the most IMO, since that was in Columbus.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-10-09, 09:52

There shouldn't be a woman on the committee.

Period.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-10-09, 12:41

NigelUno wrote:There shouldn't be a woman on the committee.

Period.

Actually I think she's gone through menopause already.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-09, 12:58

all jokes aside, I'm glad Condi is on the committee. I think having the perspective of a black guy is important.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-10-09, 13:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:all jokes aside, I'm glad Condi is on the committee. I think having the perspective of a black guy is important.

afro
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-09, 13:37

The_Dude wrote:

afro
what it is, jack? afro
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-10-09, 13:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:all jokes aside, I'm glad Condi is on the committee. I think having the perspective of a black guy is important.

What about Ty?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-09, 13:47

MiamiSpartan wrote:
What about Ty?
he's black?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-10-09, 13:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:he's black?

The term is African-American, you insensitive curmudgeon.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-09, 13:57

MiamiSpartan wrote:
The term is African-American, you insensitive curmudgeon.
Condi Rice on the playoff committee 502811600

didn't know you were so sensitive..  Rolling Eyes

Condi is like old skool.. from Alabama, right? Important to have an old skool black dude on the committee.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-10-09, 13:57

To balance it out they need a black chick like Barack 0bama on the committee too, granted she's only half black.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-10-09, 14:00

You two should go fuck things out. Maybe have a nice chianti before.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-10-09, 14:11

Bob Sakimano is internet cancer.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-09, 14:25

Ass Dan wrote:Bob Sakimano is internet cancer.
unlike cancer, You may now ignore Bob..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-10-09, 14:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:what it is, jack? afro

How's it hanging, dawg?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down