Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids is an underrated film.

+10
Ass Dan
StylesGShmooth
Snake Plissken
AMwood
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
LoneWolfSparty
Turtleneck
14 posters

Go down

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids is an underrated film. Empty Honey, I Shrunk the Kids is an underrated film.

Post by Turtleneck 2014-11-12, 12:27

Much better than people give it credit for. Yes the idea it is based on is impossible, but that's true of a lot of good films. Suspension of disbelief is required for most stories. If you read the reviews and never gave it a chance I'd suggest giving it a viewing.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids is an underrated film. Empty Re: Honey, I Shrunk the Kids is an underrated film.

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-11-12, 12:27

I like the one where the toddler was huge better.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids is an underrated film. Empty Re: Honey, I Shrunk the Kids is an underrated film.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-11-12, 12:29

Turtleneck wrote:Much better than people give it credit for. Yes the idea it is based on is impossible, but that's true of a lot of good films. Suspension of disbelief is required for most stories. If you read the reviews and never gave it a chance I'd suggest giving it a viewing.
pretty sure I never saw it.. so I'm not going to have a lot to contribute here.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-11-12, 12:31

LoneWolfSparty wrote:I like the one where the toddler was huge better.

Is that because HISTK was a defense of big government? The movie was trying to tell us that it is dangerous to be small, and that we need a big central authority to order us around because only it can know what is in our best interest.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-11-12, 12:32

Waterworld is an underrated film. Much better than people give it credit for. Yes the idea it is based on is impossible, but that's true of a lot of good films. Suspension of disbelief is required for most stories. If you read the reviews and never gave it a chance I'd suggest giving it a viewing.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-11-12, 12:33

I thought Honey I Shrunk the Kids was a statement on the dissolution of the nuclear family in the modern secularist world.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-11-12, 12:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:pretty sure I never saw it.. so I'm not going to have a lot to contribute here.

Thanks for letting us know Bob Honey, I Shrunk the Kids is an underrated film. 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-11-12, 12:33

Harry and the Hendersons is an underrated film. Much better than people give it credit for. Yes the idea it is based on is impossible, but that's true of a lot of good films. Suspension of disbelief is required for most stories. If you read the reviews and never gave it a chance I'd suggest giving it a viewing.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-11-12, 12:34

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Thanks for letting us know Bob Honey, I Shrunk the Kids is an underrated film. 502811600
you're quite welcome..

if you ever don't need my contribution again, let me know.. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids is an underrated film. 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-11-12, 12:37

Beverly Hills Chihuahua is an underrated film. Much better than people give it credit for. Yes the idea it is based on is impossible, but that's true of a lot of good films. Suspension of disbelief is required for most stories. If you read the reviews and never gave it a chance I'd suggest giving it a viewing.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-11-12, 12:37

Turtleneck wrote:

Is that because HISTK was a defense of big government? The movie was trying to tell us that it is dangerous to be small, and that we need a big central authority to order us around because only it can know what is in our best interest.

No, I just liked it because it had a two yearold running surround like Godzilla!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-11-12, 12:42

Gigili is an underrated film. Much better than people give it credit for. Yes the idea it is based on is impossible, but that's true of a lot of good films. Suspension of disbelief is required for most stories. If you read the reviews and never gave it a chance I'd suggest giving it a viewing.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-11-12, 12:48

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

No, I just liked it because it had a two yearold running surround like Godzilla!

Which is the counter to HISTK. Big government destroys.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-11-12, 12:53

Ishtar is an underrated film. Much better than people give it credit for. Yes the idea it is based on is impossible, but that's true of a lot of good films. Suspension of disbelief is required for most stories. If you read the reviews and never gave it a chance I'd suggest giving it a viewing.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-11-12, 12:55

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Waterworld is an underrated film. Much better than people give it credit for. Yes the idea it is based on is impossible, but that's true of a lot of good films. Suspension of disbelief is required for most stories. If you read the reviews and never gave it a chance I'd suggest giving it a viewing.
I'd throw Battlefield Earth in that group too
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-11-12, 13:03

Snake Plissken wrote:I'd throw Battlefield Earth in that group too

-1 for not sticking to the script.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2014-11-12, 15:48

Starship Troopers is an underrated film. Much better than people give it credit for. Yes the idea it is based on is impossible, but that's true of a lot of good films. Suspension of disbelief is required for most stories. If you read the reviews and never gave it a chance I'd suggest giving it a viewing.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-11-12, 15:58

StylesGShmooth wrote:Starship Troopers is an underrated film. Much better than people give it credit for. Yes the idea it is based on is impossible, but that's true of a lot of good films. Suspension of disbelief is required for most stories. If you read the reviews and never gave it a chance I'd suggest giving it a viewing.

I love that movie.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2014-11-12, 16:04

Ass Dan wrote:

I love that movie.

Not gonna lie, I watch it every time I see it on.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-11-12, 16:16

StylesGShmooth wrote:

Not gonna lie, I watch it every time I see it on.

I own it. I watch it a lot. Don't judge me.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-11-12, 16:19

Showgirls is an underrated film. Much better than people give it credit for. Yes the idea it is based on is impossible, but that's true of a lot of good films. Suspension of disbelief is required for most stories. If you read the reviews and never gave it a chance I'd suggest giving it a viewing.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-11-12, 16:41

This our my favorite thread! Ever!!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2014-11-12, 19:34

" I want to cum inside your Grandma #3" is highly under-rated. But is not as under-rated as "If you want to Fuck my daughter, you have to fuck me first #7".

I think the main problem is that none of the critics ever watched more than the first 3 minutes of those films.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-11-12, 23:47

Total Recall is an underrated film. Much better than people give it credit for. Yes the idea it is based on is impossible, but that's true of a lot of good films. Suspension of disbelief is required for most stories. If you read the reviews and never gave it a chance I'd suggest giving it a viewing.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-11-13, 09:00

Battleship is an underrated film. Much better than people give it credit for. Yes the idea it is based on is impossible, but that's true of a lot of good films. Suspension of disbelief is required for most stories. If you read the reviews and never gave it a chance I'd suggest giving it a viewing.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-11-13, 10:22

God Is Not Dead is an underrated film. Much better than people give it credit for. Yes the idea it is based on is impossible, but that's true of a lot of good films. Suspension of disbelief is required for most stories. If you read the reviews and never gave it a chance I'd suggest giving it a viewing.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-11-13, 13:01

Eat, Pray, Love is an underrated film. Much better than people give it credit for. Yes the idea it is based on is impossible, but that's true of a lot of good films. Suspension of disbelief is required for most stories. If you read the reviews and never gave it a chance I'd suggest giving it a viewing.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-11-13, 17:20

Star Wars is an underrated film. Much better than people give it credit for. Yes the idea it is based on is impossible, but that's true of a lot of good films. Suspension of disbelief is required for most stories. If you read the reviews and never gave it a chance I'd suggest giving it a viewing.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-11-14, 08:47

Turtleneck wrote:Total Recall is an underrated film. Much better than people give it credit for. Yes the idea it is based on is impossible, but that's true of a lot of good films. Suspension of disbelief is required for most stories. If you read the reviews and never gave it a chance I'd suggest giving it a viewing.

I'm confused, are you talking about the one with Colin Farrell or Arnold?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-11-14, 10:17

I.B. Fine wrote:

I'm confused, are you talking about the one with Colin Farrell or Arnold?

Arnold
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-11-14, 10:18

Minority Report is an underrated film. Much better than people give it credit for. Yes the idea it is based on is impossible, but that's true of a lot of good films. Suspension of disbelief is required for most stories. If you read the reviews and never gave it a chance I'd suggest giving it a viewing.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down