Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your take on tonight's game against Puke

+11
Rocinante
steveschneider
Herbie Green
Larry Kazamias
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
Ted Brogan
MasonGuy
The_Dude
Heat Miser
Nommad2
15 posters

Go down

Your take on tonight's game against Puke Empty Your take on tonight's game against Puke

Post by Nommad2 Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:33 am

Think the team will make a game of it? Or do they get their asses handed to them? Don't know what to think after last week's listless performance.
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Your take on tonight's game against Puke Empty Re: Your take on tonight's game against Puke

Post by Heat Miser Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:48 am

The second thing you said.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Your take on tonight's game against Puke Empty Re: Your take on tonight's game against Puke

Post by The_Dude Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:53 am

With the worst frontcourt Izzo has ever had, this game is going to be painful.

I thought Denzel and Dawson would be studs. I know its only one game, but their performance vs Navy was downright embarrassing and pathetic.

Stupid us for thinking Dawson would magically develop an offensive game between his junior and senior year. You are what you are once you get that far into your career.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:56 am

This one seems like it is ready to be a laugher. Izzo loves Krzyzewski and is grateful that Mike even schedules these games. All this game does is make me wonder why we aren't yet able to reload like I want us to.
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Brogan Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:02 am

MasonGuy wrote:This one seems like it is ready to be a laugher.  Izzo loves Krzyzewski and is grateful that Mike even schedules these games.  All this game does is make me wonder why we aren't yet able to reload like I want us to.  

My personal theory for that is Izzo's lackluster record of developing bigs. Rival coaches can use that in recruiting, and it's probably a big reason why Izzo can't land those high profile 4- and 5-star PF and C players. He might get a Payne once in a while, but overall that seems to be the team's weakness - frontcourt players.
Ted Brogan
Ted Brogan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:18 am

Ted Brogan wrote:

My personal theory for that is Izzo's lackluster record of developing bigs. Rival coaches can use that in recruiting, and it's probably a big reason why Izzo can't land those high profile 4- and 5-star PF and C players. He might get a Payne once in a while, but overall that seems to be the team's weakness - frontcourt players.
This is a lazy approach. What other teams develop their bigs? How many 6'10" or taller players are there that are coordinated? I'd go more with the fact that MSU doesn't seem to want to play the recruiting game to the same extent that other schools are willing to.

In the Champions Classic
MSU - 2-1
Duke - 1-2
UK - 1-2
KU - 1-2
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:28 am

one of two things:

1. it's very early, the officiating sucked, we win when it counts.. we're young but will be very tough come March. Delaney. Coach K is crooked. ESPN sucks.

or..

2. WOW - one of the most impressive pre-Big Ten wins in the history of the Big Ten. Why every kid in America wouldn't want to be a Spartan after tonight's game, I'll never know. Looking forward to cutting down the nets in April
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:29 am

[quote="InTenSity"]
Ted Brogan wrote:

In the Champions Classic
MSU - 2-1
Duke - 1-2
UK - 1-2
KU - 1-2

This combo is not possible. I believe Duke is also 2-1.

Izzo whiffed on all the big recruits over the last 2 years. That can happen when you're recruiting against UK, Duke & Kansas. That's why we're where we are. It is what it is.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:32 am

Heat Miser wrote:
I looked at Duke incorrectly, you are right, they are 2-1. I can't seem to edit my post though, either can't find the button, or something changed.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:36 am

I think they'll look decent, but lose by 8-10.  Valentine was awful in game 1, and Dawson lives for spotlight games.  It would be nice to not be down 2.5 wings in this one.
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:38 am

InTenSity wrote:
This is a lazy approach. What other teams develop their bigs? How many 6'10" or taller players are there that are coordinated? I'd go more with the fact that MSU doesn't seem to want to play the recruiting game to the same extent that other schools are willing to.

In the Champions Classic
MSU - 2-1
Duke - 1-2
UK - 1-2
KU - 1-2

It is lazy to say Izzo doesn't develop bigs.

Green, Suton, and Payne were all monsters at the end of their careers.

There are only so many one and dones like Okafor. One and dones dont get coached up to lottery pick status--they are projected lottery picks in high school.

People don't give Izzo credit for Randolph--whys is that?

The bottom line is Kansas and Kentucky are dirty and its very very hard to beat Duke head to head for a recruit they really want.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:22 pm

I am trying to build some confidence for a win. The mentality ticks me off. MSU should have an edge in Costello, DV, Trice and Dawson. Are they ready to play like stars?
Of course we can't expect much out of the freshmen. But Duke will start 3 or 4 and they will star.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:25 pm

Coach K with a team full of Diva's against a blue collar MSU team coached by Izzo. I'm liking our chances better now.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:26 pm

Herbie Green wrote:I am trying to build some confidence for a win. The mentality ticks me off. MSU should have an edge in Costello, DV, Trice and Dawson. Are they ready to play like stars?
Of course we can't expect much out of the freshmen. But Duke will start 3 or 4 and they will star.

Ummm Costello sucks. Trice is solid, but he's limited. Dawson hasnt shown offensive improvement but he still should make an impact in every game he plays in.

Denzel is the guy we need to be an all around stud.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:32 pm

Some one will need to step it up big time.

Based on what I saw against Navy I can't imagine it will happen.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:03 pm

The_Dude wrote:

Ummm Costello sucks. Trice is solid, but he's limited. Dawson hasnt shown offensive improvement but he still should make an impact in every game he plays in.

Denzel is the guy we need to be an all around stud.

I meant an edge in experience. Which should be an edge in a game this early in the season. Granted I don't know Duke's roster that well but I have gathered they are going to rely on a few freshmen to carry most of the load.
Junior/senior 4-stars should outplay freshmen 5-stars in November. But the fact that we don't expect them to nor do we expect our own freshmen to blow up pisses me off.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:04 pm

It will not be pretty.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:07 pm

I'd like to see Coach Krsyck#@*!ki have a heart attack on the sideline.

not that I want him to die from it, but that would be good drama
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:57 pm

Wally Fairway wrote:I'd like to see Coach Krsyck#@*!ki have a heart attack on the sideline.

not that I want him to die from it, but that would be good drama
Can't happen. He's already been embalmed.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:09 pm

Duke will shoot 25 more FTs than MSU tonight. Costello will have 2 fouls before the 10 minute mark in the first half and Schilling will get abused by Okafor.

It's gonna be a bloodbath
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:13 pm

I don't plan on watching. I'm going to re-run Saving Private Ryan with the kids. Less carnage.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:21 pm

DWags wrote:I don't plan on watching. I'm going to re-run Saving Private Ryan with the kids. Less carnage.

Don't mind letting your daughters see you cry, eh?
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:50 pm

My thoughts are well determine in Costello with be worth anything or if he should ve the latest skinny whiteboy ran off the team. Right now I think he's more sherminator than Paul davis
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down