Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are all the protesters protesting for?

+29
Blanch32
Rocinante
Turtleneck
Code_Warrior
Toe
beal99
Ted Brogan
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
LoneWolfSparty
Cameron
Snake Plissken
I.B. Fine
The_Dude
Other Teams Pursuing That
tanfan!
Heat Miser
tTito
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
Green Note
HT
Jake from State Farm
CORNER BLITZ
kingstonlake
tTy
Travis of the Cosmos
xsanguine
DWags
33 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What are all the protesters protesting for?  Empty What are all the protesters protesting for?

Post by DWags 26/11/14, 12:44 am

I know, "no justice, no peace". So, what's this trying to accomplish? Are they protesting our system of using a grand jury? Do they want to change our laws? What is it they want. If it's good I'll go out there and join them, but I'm confused as to what they want. Help a brother out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What are all the protesters protesting for?  Empty Re: What are all the protesters protesting for?

Post by xsanguine 26/11/14, 01:14 am

When certain racial factors align... they want immunity from any consequences of actions that would otherwise be deemed unlawful.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What are all the protesters protesting for?  Empty Re: What are all the protesters protesting for?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 26/11/14, 01:14 am

Some are protesting a specific incident, others are protesting the fact that people keep getting killed by the police unjustifiably in their opinion (not just talking about Ferguson here kids, don't spazz out.) They would like that to change. How? I don't think anyone really knows. Other than, when kids have toy guns they shouldn't die. A guy purchasing a beebee gun at Wal Mart shouldn't die. A guy in police handcuffs shouldn't be able to shoot himself in the chest with a gun that was somehow missed when the police searched him. (No, really. That has "happened" three times in the last two years.) There are more, but that's just the last few months.

Whatever the answer, there is a problem happening and the protesters want to bring it to light. I think.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 26/11/14, 01:28 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Some are protesting a specific incident, others are protesting the fact that people keep getting killed by the police unjustifiably in their opinion (not just talking about Ferguson here kids, don't spazz out.) They would like that to change. How? I don't think anyone really knows. Other than, when kids have toy guns they shouldn't die. A guy purchasing a beebee gun at Wal Mart shouldn't die. A guy in police handcuffs shouldn't be able to shoot himself in the chest with a gun that was somehow missed when the police searched him. (No, really. That has "happened" three times in the last two years.) There are more, but that's just the last few months.

Whatever the answer, there is a problem happening and the protesters want to bring it to light. I think.

They should raise money to buy every cop a chest cam. Bam! get off the street and on the phone banks. problem solved.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 26/11/14, 01:31 am

DWags wrote:

They should raise money to buy every cop a chest cam. Bam! get off the street and on the Obamaphone banks. problem solved.

Fixed.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 26/11/14, 01:33 am

DWags wrote:

They should raise money to buy every cop a chest cam.  Bam!  get off the street and on the phone banks.  problem solved.
That's possibly the next step. The first step though is to get people to pay attention to the problem.

The funny thing is, I think it's unfortunate that it was this case that sparked it. Of the cases I mentioned, this might be the most "yeah, not sure if the cops did anything wrong" one. There are so many worse examples that warrant this level of attention.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 26/11/14, 03:37 am

To many kids are told and raised by their parents to "not be soft" I have first hand experience with mothers who would rather see their sons get three days suspension for fighting in school instead of walking away. "Put some bass in your voice boy, you want people to think you're a punk". Seriously, these are stories I've heard on how people raise their kids. Then they wonder why they run afoul with authority, then want to blame the system.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 26/11/14, 07:16 am

kingstonlake wrote:To many kids are told and raised by their parents to "not be soft" I have first hand experience with mothers who would rather see their sons get three days suspension for fighting in school instead of walking away. "Put some bass in your voice boy, you want people to think you're a punk". Seriously, these are stories I've heard on how people raise their kids. Then they wonder why they run afoul with authority, then want to blame the system.

Sounds like you've got a case of white privilege
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 26/11/14, 07:26 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Some are protesting a specific incident, others are protesting the fact that people keep getting killed by the police unjustifiably in their opinion (not just talking about Ferguson here kids, don't spazz out.) They would like that to change. How? I don't think anyone really knows. Other than, when kids have toy guns they shouldn't die. A guy purchasing a beebee gun at Wal Mart shouldn't die. A guy in police handcuffs shouldn't be able to shoot himself in the chest with a gun that was somehow missed when the police searched him. (No, really. That has "happened" three times in the last two years.) There are more, but that's just the last few months.

So they do that by destroying their own community?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 26/11/14, 07:49 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:

So they do that by destroying their own community?
Not those ones. The other ones. The ones not destroying and looting.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 26/11/14, 07:58 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Not those ones. The other ones. The ones not destroying and looting.

The ones we don't hear about. And we don't hear about them because it sells more ad space to show video of people destroying their own neighborhoods.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 26/11/14, 08:23 am

They're protesting because they can...I don't even know if a lot them truly care about the issue at hand and more just want to protest for the sake of appearing to have a moral high ground on others or because they want to riot and loot without consequence or because it's trendy.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 26/11/14, 08:40 am

Power.

The charge of racism is becoming hollow after so many false claims.

Being able to charge someone as a racist has been a huge political lever and still is e.g. border issues.

Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 26/11/14, 08:52 am

I think the black peeps want to be able to walk into Walmart with their AR and AKs without incident like the white folks.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 26/11/14, 08:55 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I think the black peeps want to be able to walk into Walmart with their AR and AKs without incident like the white folks.
I thought that was a BK in Texas, right?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 26/11/14, 08:59 am

InTenSity wrote:

Just think if hood types decided to take up the NRA party line... how ****ing insane the racist whites would be seeing a hooder with sagging pants, rapping to some sweet beats off their cell phone speaker, strapping an automatic weapon walking down the road.

What are all the protesters protesting for?  Tumblr_inline_newm6nVtAS1rv0bvi
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 26/11/14, 09:22 am

They believe they are entitled to have the merchandise as reparations for having been descriminated against.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 26/11/14, 09:26 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Just think if hood types decided to take up the NRA party line... how ****ing insane the racist whites would be seeing a hooder with sagging pants, rapping to some sweet beats off their cell phone speaker, strapping an automatic weapon walking down the road.

Thanks for object lesson.

See how weak the charge of racism is when it is false. It is fast becoming meaningless.

Last edited by Green Note on 26/11/14, 09:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 26/11/14, 09:28 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

What are all the protesters protesting for?  502811600 I would love to see this. S.W.A.T. wouldn't be able to get on the scene fast enough.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 26/11/14, 09:31 am

tTito wrote:They believe they are entitled to have the merchandise as reparations for having been descriminated against.
That seems like such a simple reason. I'm not saying its not a reason, but an easy way of thinking of it. Rather than take the approach that if people feel they aren't respected by authority figures as well, why the hell do they need to respect them? Because they have guns? Because their gang colors are blue, and they can legally shoot people? 

Why do people expect friendly prompt service at a fast food place? I don't, I hope that they get my order right, and that is about it. Most of those places are insured, and if any chainstores were destroyed, that company most likely can afford to build a new one. I'm not saying its right, but I can see how a group of people that feel that they are repressed, probably don't give a shit about following the rules of those they feel are repressing them.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 26/11/14, 09:38 am

tTito wrote:They believe they are entitled to have the merchandise as reparations for having been descriminated against.

Uh no....

They just dont give a fuck anymore because they have nothing left to lose, minus well steal shit.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 26/11/14, 09:43 am

To be clear, we are talking about the protesters all over the country that are not looting, not the few people in Ferguson that are looting, right? Cause it would be sort of silly to ask what the looters want. Looters want free shit.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 26/11/14, 09:51 am

Heat Miser wrote:

What are all the protesters protesting for?  502811600 I would love to see this. S.W.A.T. wouldn't be able to get on the scene fast enough.

What would the NRA racists do?

Jump to the hood dude's defense or support the big govt assaulting his constitutional rights?

This needs to happen. DAMN... maybe this would be the great equalizer the NRA types always talk about. Mike Brown wouldn't have been killed by his govt if he was strapping an AR.

(Kind of like when the right gave Pres W all those executive order powers... only to work themselves in a tizzy when Obama uses them.)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 26/11/14, 09:53 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:To be clear, we are talking about the protesters all over the country that are not looting, not the few people in Ferguson that are looting, right? Cause it would be sort of silly to ask what the looters want. Looters want free shit.

Oh yeah... them. Uh... I don't know. Makes no sense to me. I suppose the cop cams would stop this shit. But that doesn't do anything about inherent racism. It would just allow to place blame after the fact.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 26/11/14, 09:53 am

Why haven't there been protests and looting in the burbs when that gaggle of thugs beat that white dude into a coma after he hit the little black kid in the east side of detroit? Or is black on white crime totally justified because of slavery.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 26/11/14, 09:55 am

Tanfan! wrote:Why haven't there been protests and looting in the burbs when that gaggle of thugs beat that white dude into a coma after he hit the little black kid in the east side of detroit? Or is black on white crime totally justified because of slavery.
Cause it wasn't a cop that beat up that guy.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 26/11/14, 09:57 am

Maybe the black community should focus on why 80% of their kids are born out of wedlock and why they are 7-10 times. Ore likely to commit a viol et crime over a white person?

Riots are the effect of the cause. The cause of the problem is black family structure has been eroded by failed liberal policies that encourage and promote that type of behavior.

Nothing will change until the black community embraces real leaders that are willing to have an honest and truthful discussion. Until then all you will hear are more lies and and excuses like you are today. You have the black community embracing a violent felon instead of rejecting Mike Browns thuggish lifestyle. You have black faux leaders telling people white cops are gunning down black men on the street everyday and not to trust or respect authority.

Really? Thousands of blacks are murdered by other blacks every year. But the handful or so black men shot by white cops in the line of duty is the real problem? Like Gruber saiid, American people and particularly liberals are stupid and gullable as fuck. If you really think these blacI leaders want change you are a ****ing moron, to be frank. A non indictment is what guys like Sharpton and racist liberal media members prayed for because it allow them to preach their hate and negativity even more.

Talk to me when there are real black leaders willing to address actual problems. Until then, the rest of the country (sans liberal freaks like Bob and Jim) will continue to laugh at the perpetual failure and self-inflicted wounds that happen over and over and over and over again.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 26/11/14, 10:00 am

****ing liberals man. ****ing liberals.

Wait... Did you just suggest that liberals pray???? I thought they are all godless heathens?? Mind blown.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 26/11/14, 10:04 am

SpartanHT wrote:They're protesting because they can...I don't even know if a lot them
truly care about the issue at hand and more just want to protest for the sake of appearing to have a moral high ground on others or because they want to riot and loot without consequence or because it's trendy.

So you don't belive the white women in Philly wearing a 3 thousand dollar coat with a Gucci handbag cares about Mike Brown? Yeah neither does anyone else.

Fact of the matter is, aot of these protests aren't about Mike Brown. It's complete despair for s group of people that have had their standards of living go down and down and down. No future. No hope. Just the endless cycle of despair.

Under 6 years of Obama, black income has gone down, black home is wrs up is down, black unemployment is up, black welfare recipients is all time high, and black violent crime is out of control.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 26/11/14, 10:07 am

The dude so is it the system ****ing these people over or is it just their "black animal" instinct ****ing themselves over?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 26/11/14, 10:10 am

Sorry Travis--blacks vote liberal over a 90% clip and every leader they have are liberals.

Are you going to pull a bob and blame a group of people that has zero control or influence over them as the problem? It wasn't conservative policies of leaders.

But keep blaming outside forces, the system, and other vague buzzwords without substance for black/liberal failures.

Whatever you do, don't blame the people and policies who have had direct control over then for 50 years. Those aren't the issue. 'The system' is.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 26/11/14, 10:14 am

The_Dude wrote:Sorry Travis--blacks vote liberal over a 90% clip and every leader they have are liberals.

Are you going to pull a bob and blame a group of people that has zero control or influence over them as the problem? It wasn't conservative policies of leaders.

But keep blaming outside forces, the system, and other vague buzzwords without substance for black/liberal  failures.

Whatever you do, don't blame the people and policies who have had direct control over then for 50 years. Those aren't the issue. 'The system' is.
****ing liberals.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 26/11/14, 10:16 am

DWags wrote:I know, "no justice, no peace". So, what's this trying to accomplish? Are they protesting our system of using a grand jury? Do they want to change our laws? What is it they want. If it's good I'll go out there and join them, but I'm confused as to what they want. Help a brother out.

They are gullible sheep performing for CNN & co. to their own detriment.
I hear cries of 'End the violence' and surprisingly they aren't talking about the thousands of senseless homicides committed every year in cities across the country, they are fixated on a particularly dumb criminal that got shot for trying to wrestle a cop's gun away.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 26/11/14, 11:15 am

The_Dude wrote:Sorry Travis--blacks vote liberal over a 90% clip and every leader they have are liberals.

But keep blaming outside forces, the system, and other vague buzzwords without substance for black/liberal failures.

I'm confused. You are the party of personal responsibility yet you want put the blame on liberal policies. Talk yourself in circles much?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 26/11/14, 11:29 am

The_Dude wrote:Maybe the black community should focus on why 80% of their kids are born out of wedlock and why they are 7-10 times. Ore likely to commit a viol et crime over a white person?

Cause they po. Prolly same % in the white trailer trash community. (not race, socioeconomic... unless of course you are racist.)

Cause they got no jobs or schoolin or chance of a future... So they live in the now.

Raise the minimum wage?

Revert to pre Reagan fiscal policies that pushed income (pensions, education, stability) to the middle class or support the current rich get richer, fuck everyone else system in place?

(Why do you think Koch's... and therefore the media drone mouthbreathers such as yourself... hate Obamacare so much... cause that flattened out some of the income inequality in the form of healthcare to the poors.)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 26/11/14, 11:55 am

Avg...do you realize the rich are killing it under Obama and the middle and lower classes are doing horrendously?

You are the exact person Gruber talked about. Stupid American that takes political rhetoric as truths.

Black income and middle class income is horrendous under Onama. Welfare recipients are at record highs. And you are arguing that's good for the middle and lower class? Are you intentionalmy this idiotic?

See, unlike you, I actuslly go by results and substance over rhetoric. Obama cares about RB middle class is false. I have facts to back this up. You have political rhetoric to back your opinions. Obaam and his administration are documented liars. Also another fact. Keep on believing he cares about the middle and lower class as incomes remain stagnant/down, the rich get wealthier, and record number of people are added to the welfare doles.

At some point you have to look in the mirror and admit the status quo isn't working. But you seem like those Ferguson protesters that facts have absolutely no place in your views, only pushing your faux agendas that professors in the top income brackets told you.

Open your eyes, read data, and educate yourself. Don't be a mindless drone Gruber said you were.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 26/11/14, 11:59 am

You're not The Dude, you are Mr. Lebowski...
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/11/14, 12:41 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Just think if hood types decided to take up the NRA party line... how ****ing insane the racist whites would be seeing a hooder with sagging pants, rapping to some sweet beats off their cell phone speaker, strapping an automatic weapon walking down the road.

He'd enjoy his decade or so in prison since automatic weapons have been illegal without special and very rare permits for 80 years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/11/14, 12:44 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:What would the NRA racists do?

Jump to the hood dude's defense or support the big govt assaulting his constitutional rights?

This is amusing if you know the history of gun laws. The first gun laws were passed by Democrats specifically to disarm blacks. But of course that's forgotten as you transfer Democrat racism to NRA members.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/11/14, 12:48 pm

The_Dude wrote:Avg...do you realize the rich are killing it under Obama and the middle and lower classes are doing horrendously?

You are the exact person Gruber talked about. Stupid American that takes political rhetoric as truths.

Black income and middle class income is horrendous under Onama. Welfare recipients are at record highs. And you are arguing that's good for the middle and lower class? Are you intentionalmy this idiotic?

See, unlike you, I actuslly go by results and substance over rhetoric. Obama cares about RB middle class is false. I have facts to back this up. You have political rhetoric to back your opinions. Obaam and his administration are documented liars. Also another fact. Keep on believing he cares about the middle and lower class as incomes remain stagnant/down, the rich get wealthier, and record number of people are added to the welfare doles.

At some point you have to look in the mirror and admit the status quo isn't working. But you seem like those Ferguson protesters that facts have absolutely no place in your views, only pushing your faux agendas that professors in the top income brackets told you.

Open your eyes, read data, and educate yourself. Don't be a mindless drone Gruber said you were.

Funny you blame it on Reagan. Go look at the statistics. It's been all downhill for black families since the government decided to "help" them with the Great Society. Radical Right Winger Daniel Patrick Moynihan started pointing that out 30 years ago DURING the Reagan administration, the causation was already there. And yet we continue on the same course.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next