Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roku v AppleTV

+3
Turtleneck
Snake Plissken
CORNER BLITZ
7 posters

Go down

Roku v AppleTV Empty Roku v AppleTV

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-11-30, 21:36

What do you bros think

Not part of the Apple ecosystem
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Roku v AppleTV Empty Re: Roku v AppleTV

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-11-30, 21:47

I have Apple TV and like it. I can't help you with the Roku.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-11-30, 21:48

http://www.cnet.com/products/apple-tv/

The Good The Apple TV lets you stream all the video content in the iTunes Store to your HDTV, with purchases stored in the cloud. Netflix, Hulu Plus, HBO Go, MLB.TV, and a handful of other online media services are available, plus music, videos, and photos can be streamed from iOS devices using AirPlay. AirPlay Mirroring lets you stream any Web video to the Apple TV, if you have a newer Mac running Mountain Lion. And the Apple TV's user interface is one of the best there is.

The Bad The competing Roku 3 offers more content sources (including Amazon Instant), cross-platform search, and a remote with a headphone jack. The Apple TV is less of a standout streamer box if you don't own other Apple devices.

The Bottom Line While it's still a step behind the Roku 3, the Apple TV is an excellent streaming box, especially for those invested in the Apple ecosystem.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-11-30, 21:56

I have a Roku plus Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Prime subscriptions (all accessible via the Roku). That is more than enough TV for me.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-11-30, 21:59

I use my Roku for Netflix and Amazon prime on my big screen. Depends on what you want to watch I guess.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-11-30, 22:08

Snake Plissken wrote:http://www.cnet.com/products/apple-tv/

The Good The Apple TV lets you stream all the video content in the iTunes Store to your HDTV, with purchases stored in the cloud. Netflix, Hulu Plus, HBO Go, MLB.TV, and a handful of other online media services are available, plus music, videos, and photos can be streamed from iOS devices using AirPlay. AirPlay Mirroring lets you stream any Web video to the Apple TV, if you have a newer Mac running Mountain Lion. And the Apple TV's user interface is one of the best there is.

The Bad The competing Roku 3 offers more content sources (including Amazon Instant), cross-platform search, and a remote with a headphone jack. The Apple TV is less of a standout streamer box if you don't own other Apple devices.

The Bottom Line While it's still a step behind the Roku 3, the Apple TV is an excellent streaming box, especially for those invested in the Apple ecosystem.

Yeah read that, just looking for personal opinions
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-11-30, 22:09

I enjoy the roku
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-12-01, 19:57

I have Apple Tv. Got it for free and it is really cool. I don't know much about it though. Funny with this I finally got Netflix for the first time. I didn't realize until after I paid for the service is that all I can get is crap movies. The kids seem to love it though - whatever they are watching.
I do like watching a youtube concert once in a while or sending tunes and photos to the big screen/home stereo. Others in the family can mirror their Iphone/Ipod which seems like a cool feature but they don't use it and I have Android which leads me to believe the Roku would be a better choice for me personally.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-12-01, 20:12

I have the Roku 3 and Netflix. I like being able to pair my phone with the Roku 3 and play YouTube videos from my phone (Samsung GS4) on my TV via the Roku.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-12-01, 20:30

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Yeah read that, just looking for personal opinions
I like my Apple TV Roku v AppleTV 4198636888
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken