Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs?

+30
FatFingers
Motown Spartan
Stoops21
Wally Fairway
CheesySpartan
pulling69
I.B. Fine
The Pantry
Martin Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
Nordic
DWags
tGreenWay
TheReal_LWS
The_Dude
steveschneider
tTito
LoneWolfSparty
Frank Ricard
Blanch32
Rocinante
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
Jake from State Farm
75alum
Floyd Robertson
tTy
34 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? - Page 4 Empty Re: Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 10/12/2016, 1:07 pm

tTy wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I give you a lot of shit over this stuff but I gotta give you credit. USLV is up almost 8% today (as of this post). Whatcha gonna do with your $$$?

http://beta.morningstar.com/etfs/xnas/uslv/quote.html

FWIW, I didn't know if it was going to be a big UP day or a big DOWN day, for full disclosure.  I just knew it would be big.

I'm going to let it ride.

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? - Page 4 Empty Re: Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs?

Post by I.B. Fine 11/11/2016, 11:38 am

Hey Ty, what's happening? You still long?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 11/11/2016, 1:42 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:Hey Ty, what's happening? You still long?

That's what she said.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Spartan 11/11/2016, 4:49 pm

Damn, he got destroyed today!
Martin Spartan
Martin Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 11/11/2016, 5:52 pm

Martin Spartan wrote:Damn, he got destroyed today!

He gone.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Spartan 12/7/2016, 10:24 am

tTy, you still in silver?
Martin Spartan
Martin Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 12/7/2016, 7:49 pm

This place claims it's up 20% for the year. Timing is everything.
http://silverprice.org/
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 12/12/2016, 1:34 am

I'm still in.  This week is going to be interesting.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 12/12/2016, 2:48 am

I am still long with can returns.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 12/12/2016, 8:44 pm

Bought some more maples last night to round out my monster box of them...  onto the next target/goal...  I hope it gets smashed when they raise rates this week.  Gonna rally hard after that for a while.  Similar to the start of the year last year.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 12/13/2016, 9:11 pm

Nervous.  Tomorrow is probably going to suck, but, long term, I am not worried at all....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 12/14/2016, 10:00 pm

Kay, today was virtually painless on a day when the Fed raised rates.  I would advise any of you who are thinking about getting in to get in now.  This is going up again meow.....  bigly....  very happy with todays results.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Spartan 12/17/2016, 5:24 pm

tTy wrote:Kay, today was virtually painless on a day when the Fed raised rates.  I would advise any of you who are thinking about getting in to get in now.  This is going up again meow.....  bigly....  very happy with todays results.

I bought twice, average cost of 11.98. Only 200 shares. Plan to continue to buy if it goes down further up to 1000 shares.
Martin Spartan
Martin Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 12/17/2016, 5:26 pm

Martin Spartan wrote:
tTy wrote:Kay, today was virtually painless on a day when the Fed raised rates.  I would advise any of you who are thinking about getting in to get in now.  This is going up again meow.....  bigly....  very happy with todays results.

I bought twice, average cost of 11.98. Only 200 shares. Plan to continue to buy if it goes down further up to 1000 shares.

nice... I don't think you'll regret it but the fuck do I know.  I just round tripped a 130% run up.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 1/5/2017, 1:40 am

Fucking bitcoin is doing what PM's should have done years ago...  Virtually no way to short bitcoin though, and tons of ways for PM's to be shorted, and price manipulated....  Still think silver is going to make me a rich man one day.  Kinda want to buy a couple bitcoins though, even though I don't understand it yet.  Anyone dabble it it at all???

lol, prolly not, most of you don't give a fuck yet.  Soon, you will....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 1/5/2017, 7:27 pm

tTy wrote:Fucking bitcoin is doing what PM's should have done years ago...  Virtually no way to short bitcoin though, and tons of ways for PM's to be shorted, and price manipulated....  Still think silver is going to make me a rich man one day.  Kinda want to buy a couple bitcoins though, even though I don't understand it yet.  Anyone dabble it it at all???

PMs will have value when society collapses. Bitcoins will not. Always be prepping.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 1/5/2017, 8:37 pm

tTy wrote:Fucking bitcoin is doing what PM's should have done years ago...  Virtually no way to short bitcoin though, and tons of ways for PM's to be shorted, and price manipulated....  Still think silver is going to make me a rich man one day.  Kinda want to buy a couple bitcoins though, even though I don't understand it yet.  Anyone dabble it it at all???

I have about .2 or so bitcoin. Last time it got this high, it crashed to $250. I know how to buy it, but I don't quite understand the wallets. Barely understand the blockchain. The reason for the crash last time was mt gox went bankrupt amd lost everyone coins. This time it's being fueled by the Chinese, Indians and Venezuelans. I'm holding, if it starts to crash, I'm selling, and I'll buy again at $4 or 500.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 1/7/2017, 6:45 pm

I just sold what I had. Was down to 900.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 1/11/2017, 8:45 pm

Waiting for the bottom. It's down top $750 or so. 3 more weeks, if it stabilizes around $500 I'll buy again and wait.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 1/11/2017, 9:36 pm

InTenSity wrote:Waiting for the bottom. It's down top $750 or so. 3 more weeks, if it stabilizes around $500 I'll buy again and wait.
How do I learn how to buy, store, safeguard, etc these things?  I think I might want to pick up a half dozen of them and forget about them for 20 years.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 1/11/2017, 10:31 pm

tTy wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Waiting for the bottom. It's down top $750 or so. 3 more weeks, if it stabilizes around $500 I'll buy again and wait.
How do I learn how to buy, store, safeguard, etc these things?  I think I might want to pick up a half dozen of them and forget about them for 20 years.
For now start with coinbase. It's very volatile right now, so look at it as investment. After you buy, if you don't trust online wallets, there is a way to print your coins in a private wallet. I'd recommend googling and looking into it. That part still confuses me some, but I'm probably over complicating it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 1/12/2017, 12:01 am

I'm going to start researching it more, but, just for shits and giggles, is buying/selling as simple as placing a garden variety brokerage account order?  Or do I have to dress up in my Star Trek suit and put tinfoil on my head and get Jordy and his computers involved n shit?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/12/2017, 9:30 am

tTy wrote:I'm going to start researching it more, but, just for shits and giggles, is buying/selling as simple as placing a garden variety brokerage account order?  Or do I have to dress up in my Star Trek suit and put tinfoil on my head and get Jordy and his computers involved n shit?

http://www.coinchapter.com/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 5/3/2017, 12:53 am

bump......

AU and AG is on sale homies.

I think, short term, the crypto's are going to rule. I'm in BTC and ETH now and I'm holding them, never trading. Still stacking silver every chance I get. If I don't collect on this, my kids or their kids will be very happy I did. #Math
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 5/3/2017, 8:55 am

Good to see you back tTy
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 5/3/2017, 9:59 am

Ty -
so you buy both physical precious metals and bitcoins, do you hold any ETF of either?
Saw your retweet of the chart showing the robber barons siphoning off profits on AG & AU, market manipulation by manipulators.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 5/3/2017, 11:02 am

I mostly mail order Canadian Maple Leafs by the tube. One ounce coins are more liquid than bigger pieces, and the Maple Leafs have the best security features.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 5/3/2017, 9:20 pm

Wally Fairway wrote:Ty -
so you buy both physical precious metals and bitcoins, do you hold any ETF of either?
Saw your retweet of the chart showing the robber barons siphoning off profits on AG & AU, market manipulation by manipulators.

USLV. I'm out as soon as I can exit my position without suffering too much pain. I'm done with leveraged ETF's long term. I'll trade them, but going long is a losers game obv due to time decay. Don't ever get trapped in them.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 5/3/2017, 10:32 pm

Fuck it. Just piled on. 200 more oz's AG, 1 AU.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 5/3/2017, 10:33 pm

Silver is SO fucking downward manipulated. The upside is redic. Gold/Silver ratio is fucking 75+ right meow. Should be 30/10-1..... 75:1 is redic stupid. Buy silver, the ratio will be your friend.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 5/3/2017, 10:39 pm

You could have had a local fab shop make the missile running boards for a tenth of what you paid on ebay.

Just sayin'
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 5/4/2017, 8:18 am

https://twitter.com/KimbleCharting/status/859852463737798656

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? - Page 4 C-7PQgsXUAAjImp
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 5/4/2017, 12:11 pm

So if I haven't purchased any silver yet how much would you all suggest I purchase right now? What do you expect to gain back and how far down the line would you expect that gain?
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 5/16/2017, 11:12 pm

Stoops21 wrote:So if I haven't purchased any silver yet how much would you all suggest I purchase right now? What do you expect to gain back and how far down the line would you expect that gain?

Silver is easily undervalued by a factor of 30. I have no idea when it will unfold, but it will...... One ounce of silver should be worth = 2 or 3 hundred right now based upon the printing of the Federal Reserve. In REAL units, it is near 800 to 1000 per ounce if everything were equal.

Silver could make you rich if you accumulate it and sit on it until the COMEX finally fails. China and other Asian countries will see that it does. Buy gold if you have the money and want to store wealth, but Silver is where it is at in terms of locked up potential. If you are young, silver could make you rich as fuck. It all depends when the unwinding begins. It will happen fast. But you better be in.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 5/18/2017, 11:05 pm

Stoops21 wrote:So if I haven't purchased any silver yet how much would you all suggest I purchase right now? What do you expect to gain back and how far down the line would you expect that gain?

My suggestion would be to shop online for "junk silver" US Minted coins that are 90% silver. Personally, I have bought strictly 100OZ bars and .999 ASE's and Maples. That might be a mistake. The bars are eventually going to be so pricey they won't be liquid. The ASE's and Maples have a high premium associated with them, and so I would need to recoup that cost. I am now beginning to buy junk silver coins @ 90% silver because the premium to purchase them is much smaller than the ASE's/Maples and they are small enough so that they are liquid and you won't need someone to come to the table with thousands and thousand of dollars to buy one from you.

Shop the following and buy what you like. Provident Metals, JM Bullion, SD bullion... they are all good. The key is to get started, and stack it. Safekeep it. Trust me.

If you want to learn more, subscribe to this site. Dude is the troof. TFMetals.com
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 5/19/2017, 8:21 am

Thanks for the help. Would you suggest about 500 dollars in coins right now? Seems easy to save those in a safe place and would be easy to just keep buying a chunk at a time. I'll check out the names you offered.

Would it be easiest to just buy American silver eagle coins? Seems like something easy I could just order every couple of months.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 7/31/2017, 11:06 pm

Gold is breaking a 6 year trend line to the upside. Silver will follow soon. There is a nice short squeeze a-brewin' in silver........ It is possible that we top the highs of 2016 by the end of the year.

Grateful for this recent pullback, I've been able to pile onto the stack for cheapsies.....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 8/1/2017, 12:07 am

Thank you for the update!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 8/1/2017, 12:11 am

Turtleneck wrote:Thank you for the update!

Don't mention it.....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 1/30/2018, 1:26 am

Just added..... silver is going to = cryptos here shortly. sayin.....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next