Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs?

+30
FatFingers
Motown Spartan
Stoops21
Wally Fairway
CheesySpartan
pulling69
I.B. Fine
The Pantry
Martin Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
Nordic
DWags
tGreenWay
TheReal_LWS
The_Dude
steveschneider
tTito
LoneWolfSparty
Frank Ricard
Blanch32
Rocinante
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
Jake from State Farm
75alum
Floyd Robertson
tTy
34 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? - Page 6 Empty Re: Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs?

Post by Jake from State Farm Fri 9 Jul 2021 - 7:57

Where's a good place to buy silver? I want to buy some of the Silver Eagles but they're $37+ apiece. That's $10 over the spot price. Same with the 1/10 gold Eagle, that one is about $50 over the spot price.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? - Page 6 Empty Re: Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs?

Post by tTy Sat 10 Jul 2021 - 0:01

Jake from State Farm wrote:Where's a good place to buy silver? I want to buy some of the Silver Eagles but they're $37+ apiece. That's $10 over the spot price. Same with the 1/10 gold Eagle, that one is about $50 over the spot price.

There is no good place to buy them anymore. You are paying a shitfucktonload over spot these days.

BUT, if you must have Silver Eagles, I would recommend Provident or JMBullion.

Honestly, if you want something minted by a reliable sovereign mint, buy Maples. They are prettier, IMO, smaller in diameter, and more impressive due to perception of the density when you hold them in your hand versus Eagles.

Ebay MIGHT be an option, but you have to be very fucking careful. If you are just getting started, buy some pre '65 dimes..... Just to get started..... They add up and they are fun to have. When you look at them and hold them, you know it is money, and the change in your pocket, modern day shit, is exactly that... SHIT!!!!!

Keep Stackin!!!! This stuff is going to pay off so much........... If not for me, my kids will wonder aloud, "How the fuck did he know????" when they are going through my stash. Guaranfuckinsheed. That is all I really care about now. Setting my kids up.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sat 10 Jul 2021 - 0:09

Jake from State Farm wrote:Where's a good place to buy silver? I want to buy some of the Silver Eagles but they're $37+ apiece. That's $10 over the spot price. Same with the 1/10 gold Eagle, that one is about $50 over the spot price.

OH, I just saw the 1/10th gold eagles. DO. NOT. BUY. THOSE!!!!! Premium is fucking horrible, always has been, always has been.

If you want to buy gold, buy ounces. Save up if you have to, but do NOT fucking buy fractional gold, you will get fucking raped.

If you want to stack silver, buy 100oz bars. I hate them because they are huge, and probably hard to sell, but as a mechanism for preservation of wealth, they are fantastic and your best option economically speaking anyways. I have 11 of them, I think. I swore them off at 10, but I found a deal a few months back and couldn't pass it up, so now I have 11. I will have to add at least one more so as to avoid a sibling feud if I pass before I cash them in.

But, why would I ever sell silver to buy fiat bullshit fake money? I probably won't. I see a time where I will trade my stack for 200 acres of land or some shit like that.

Or, I will just keep it all. I fucking LOVE this shit, it is allsome. I could play with it like legos all day long, like I'm seven years old.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sat 10 Jul 2021 - 0:20

One thing I didn't mention, and it is because I have failed to do it my own self, is go to your local coin store and develop a relationship with the proprietor. I have heard many stories of locals going to their "LCS" and growing a relationship with the owner, and getting deals and heads up on coins/bars and whatever they get in. It takes time and effort, but if you are looking to save "fiat" and buy "cheap", then this is an option too. I haven't really tried it. I just get fiat, and blow it on innernet silver/gode.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 9:51

Gold people walk me through how this works.

Twenty years from now the system collapses, the dollar is worth pennies...explain to me how you are going to use your gold to make ends meet. Are you going to take a gold coin to meijers and trade it for groceries?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 10:28

steveschneider wrote:Gold people walk me through how this works.

Twenty years from now the system collapses, the dollar is worth pennies...explain to me how you are going to use your gold to make ends meet. Are you going to take a gold coin to meijers and trade it for groceries?

You just trade it for a wheelbarrow full of 100s and 20s
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 11:02

Fools gold.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

gomersbro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 13:07

Found a gold necklace and bracelet last week I'd forgotten about. Inlaws bought them for me in Italy maybe 30 years ago. Wore them once to appease them. I don't wear shit like that...can't even stand wearing a watch. Now seems a good time to sell.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 15:57

The Pantry wrote:Found a gold necklace and bracelet last week I'd forgotten about. Inlaws bought them for me in Italy maybe 30 years ago. Wore them once to appease them. I don't wear shit like that...can't even stand wearing a watch. Now seems a good time to sell.

Easy way to make some money selling shit like that.
I wish my husband liked watches. I just like how they look.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 16:48

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Found a gold necklace and bracelet last week I'd forgotten about. Inlaws bought them for me in Italy maybe 30 years ago. Wore them once to appease them. I don't wear shit like that...can't even stand wearing a watch. Now seems a good time to sell.

You like bling?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 17:36

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

You like bling?

I wouldn't say I like bling, because I tend to think of people over doing it. I do love jewelry, nice jewelry. I don't wear it often actually, especially since covid. If I had money, that would be my vice.
Hell, I haven't even worn my wedding ring in a while. Kay jewelers suggested some work, fucked it up, and wouldn't fix it. They offered to get me a new one by giving them my old one. It's too sentimental for me to trade in. Some day i will find someone to repair it. It will probably cost as much as it's worth though.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 18:01

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:You like bling?

I wouldn't say I like bling, because I tend to think of people over doing it. I do love jewelry, nice jewelry. I don't wear it often actually, especially since covid. If I had money, that would be my vice.
Hell, I haven't even worn my wedding ring in a while. Kay jewelers suggested some work, fucked it up, and wouldn't fix it. They offered to get me a new one by giving them my old one. It's too sentimental for me to trade in. Some day i will find someone to repair it. It will probably cost as much as it's worth though.
Jewelry stores will fuck you at any opportunity. Jared can suck my ass.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 18:32

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Jewelry stores will fuck you at any opportunity. Jared can suck my ass.

Yea, I found that out.

Although, I found out more women are willing to trade their wedding rings in than I would have thought. I get wanting to get something nicer years later, but to trade that in to go towards something else blows my mind. Either a lot of women hate their rings, their husband, or are just shallow.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 18:48

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Jewelry stores will fuck you at any opportunity. Jared can suck my ass.

Yea, I found that out.

Although, I found out more women are willing to trade their wedding rings in than I would have thought. I get wanting to get something nicer years later, but to trade that in to go towards something else blows my mind. Either a lot of women hate their rings, their husband, or are just shallow.
There's an episode of King of Queen's (CMT and TV Land) that does the subject. Another rerun show I'd rather watch than the new shit.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 30 Jul 2023 - 12:54

The Pantry wrote:Found a gold necklace and bracelet last week I'd forgotten about.  Inlaws bought them for me in Italy maybe 30 years ago.  Wore them once to appease them.  I don't wear shit like that...can't even stand wearing a watch.  Now seems a good time to sell.
Didn't sell and thinking about it again.  Anyone ever sell gold jewelry?  Recommend a shop to do so?

Have seen places online offering appraisal kits, but that type of transaction sounds like it could have all kinds of fucked up possibilities.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 30 Jul 2023 - 14:38

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? - Page 6 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5scx907n2szhi9t5uo0btmidnonb0bwvikfa4jfn2&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sun 30 Jul 2023 - 17:27

The Pantry wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Found a gold necklace and bracelet last week I'd forgotten about.  Inlaws bought them for me in Italy maybe 30 years ago.  Wore them once to appease them.  I don't wear shit like that...can't even stand wearing a watch.  Now seems a good time to sell.
Didn't sell and thinking about it again.  Anyone ever sell gold jewelry?  Recommend a shop to do so?

Have seen places online offering appraisal kits, but that type of transaction sounds like it could have all kinds of fucked up possibilities.

Send it to me and I'll send you what I think it's worth. Seriously, find a reputable coin shop. Your gold should be marked 14k or 18k or 22K. Weigh it and go from there. There are some online places that you contact them and they'll send you a mailing label and then send you a check. At least check the address on google earth and any reviews.

Side note. I received an email about my Netflix account. Of course the email address didn't have anything to do with Netflix. It said just give them my credit card number and they won't use it unless there's an issue. Hahaha. They also put a street address to add some credibility. I checked it and it was the fifth floor of a one story grocery store.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 30 Jul 2023 - 18:24

The Pantry wrote:

These guys will do you right:

https://gspawn.com/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6