Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for Obama haters

+17
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
Green Note
Nordic
The Pantry
CheesySpartan
Rocinante
Vlad
AvgMSUJoe
LoneWolfSparty
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
Code_Warrior
The_Dude
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Question for Obama haters - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for Obama haters

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-17, 22:54

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Spending more than you have is the problem. Whether it is a household, Greece, or the US, eventually you can't keep up.
This is true. Though, we've been doing that for years and years and basically forever. So blaming Obama for that is kinda silly (just like it was to blame Bush for the same problem. But that's just how our fun "blame the other side no matter what when they are president" system works.)

That said, there were a lot of factors in the Greece situation that played in that aren't in play here. Just as an example for you, remember PIIGS? (Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Greece and Spain.) All of them had entirely too much debt, only one devolved into a massive panic situation. Why? They all had too much debt so shouldn't it have worked out the same? There are always different circumstances.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-17, 22:57

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
This is true. Though, we've been doing that for years and years and basically forever. So blaming Obama for that is kinda silly (just like it was to blame Bush for the same problem. But that's just how our fun "blame the other side no matter what when they are president" system works.)

That said, there were a lot of factors in the Greece situation that played in that aren't in play here. Just as an example for you, remember PIIGS? (Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Greece and Spain.) All of them had entirely too much debt, only one devolved into a massive panic situation. Why? They all had too much debt so shouldn't it have worked out the same? There are always different circumstances.

The "they all do it" argument doesn't work here. The overspending level has been unprecedented under Obama. If we were running Bush level deficits then yes you could say that. This level of deficit spending is unparalleled. And it will take decades to undo. That is why it is such a topic of discussion these days, has nothing to do with the color of his skin.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-17, 23:02

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

The "they all do it" argument doesn't work here. The overspending level has been unprecedented under Obama. If we were running Bush level deficits then yes you could say that. This level of deficit spending is unparalleled. And it will take decades to undo. That is why it is such a topic of discussion these days, has nothing to do with the color of his skin.
Its been ramping up like that for years. I could have posted the exact same thing under Bush (people did.) Maybe he hasn't turned around the trend, but there are a lot of reasons for why it has kept getting more and more out of control. And they have applied to presidents from both parties.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-17, 23:06

DWags wrote:

So, I should fear the future and that's why I need to hate him. Got it. I don't think I can muster up a good hate based on people who say sure it's great now but be scared about the future. I'll try though.
Be happy you're not feeling the impact yet, as many have. Ignorance is bliss until it smacks you in the wallet.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-17, 23:09

Its been ramping up like that for years. I could have posted the exact same thing under Bush (people did.) Maybe he hasn't turned around the trend, but there are a lot of reasons for why it has kept getting more and more out of control. And they have applied to presidents from both parties.

I a disagree. Bush deficits were high, but Obama are stratospheric.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/federal_deficit_chart.html
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-17, 23:15

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

I a disagree. Bush deficits were high, but Obama are stratospheric.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/federal_deficit_chart.html
And you don't look at that and think that some of it might be related to the massive economic collapse that we were trying to recover from? Notice that since the immediate years after 2008 has been way more under control.

If those deficits didn't rise then we'd be bitching that he did nothing to fix the economy. Gotta make those choices, allow things to spiral worse or have a larger deficit to speed up recovery? I don't know man, thats why they don't vote me in as president. That and I'm still a few years from being old enough. At least I'm not Kenyan.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-12-17, 23:23

The Pantry wrote:Be happy you're not feeling the impact yet, as many have. Ignorance is bliss until it smacks you in the wallet.

Seems with unemployment down many more have felt a positive impact. But I do have sympathy for any who have not done well. I'm pointing out some numbers. If you want me to hate him you need to drain my retirement accounts get us into a war looking for weapons of mass destruction make my house drop in value and raise gass prices again.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-17, 23:31

DWags wrote:

Seems with unemployment down many more have  felt a positive impact.  But I do have sympathy for any who have not done well.  I'm pointing out some numbers.   If you want me to hate him you need to drain my retirement accounts get us into a war looking for weapons of mass destruction make my house drop in value and  raise gass prices again.
To be fair, the president gets unfairly blamed or credited for economic things that he really doesn't have much control over. Blaming the housing/economic crisis on Bush is about the equivalent of blaming Obama for Benghazi (or whatever other thing that you want to pick that he gets unfairly blamed for.)

Blaming Bush for the war, yeah, that's fair.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-17, 23:49

Blaming Bush for the war, yeah, that's fair.
Amen. That fucker directed the 911 attacks and managed to avoid public knowledge of interns sucking his crank
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-12-18, 00:56

The Pantry wrote:Amen. That fucker directed the 911 attacks and managed to avoid public knowledge of interns sucking his crank

Republicans hate blow jobs. What the fuck is wrong with them?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-12-18, 04:59

This is a great thread and I'm going to read it again.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-18, 07:24

And you don't look at that and think that some of it might be related to the massive economic collapse that we were trying to recover from? Notice that since the immediate years after 2008 has been way more under control.

If those deficits didn't rise then we'd be bitching that he did nothing to fix the economy. Gotta make those choices, allow things to spiral worse or have a larger deficit to speed up recovery? I don't know man, thats why they don't vote me in as president. That and I'm still a few years from being old enough. At least I'm not Kenyan.

I don't think that spending did anything to stimulate the economy. But we will disagree on that and you and I have kept this above boards. Thanks for a civil discourse Travis.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-18, 07:26

I love watching republicans refuse to accept personal responsibility and blame their problems on the government.... Question for Obama haters - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-18, 08:11

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

I don't think that spending did anything to stimulate the economy. But we will disagree on that and you and I have kept this above boards. Thanks for a civil discourse Travis.

Your civil discourse has no place on this board.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-18, 09:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I love watching republicans refuse to accept personal responsibility and blame their problems on the government.....Question for Obama haters - Page 2 502811600
lol! You have it backwards, Bob.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-18, 09:21

The Pantry wrote:lol!  You have it backwards, Bob.  
you're right..

now let's get back to talking about how Obama has ruined the economy, healthcare, education, foreign policy, race relations, school lunch menus, the housing market, unemployment and everything else that makes the lives of republicans a shining beacon of positivity.. the living embodiment of pleasure that we all should aspire to.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2014-12-18, 09:37

DWags wrote:

So, I should fear the future and that's why I need to hate him.   Got it.  I don't think I can muster up a good hate based on people who say sure it's great now but be scared about the future.   I'll try though.

This feels really, really weird...to be on the same side of an argument with dwags.  Oh well, nothing wrong with it, I guess.

So, these conservative chicken littles have been calling for the sky to fall for quite some time.  Remember when they were telling us to buy gold because it was the only safe haven?  Remember when they predicted that the dollar would collapse?  Remember when they predicted major terrorist attacks on our soil??  All because a Black man got elected POTUS.

Hard to figure these clowns out, but I know better than to believe a word they're saying.

Greece.....!  Yeah, let's compare our situation to Greece!  Why not?? bounce   F'in idiots!  You wanna compare Greece to the US??  Ok, try comparing the size of their economies!  Get back to us on that! (Or here, let me do the work for you: $242B versus $16.7T! Are you sure you want to compare Greece's situation to the US'?? Dummies!)

Last edited by Vlad on 2014-12-18, 09:43; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-18, 09:41

Vlad wrote:

This feels really, really weird...to be on the same side of an argument with dwags. Oh well, nothing wrong with it, I guess.

So, these conservative chicken littles have been calling for the sky to fall for quite some time. Remember when they were telling us to buy gold because it was the only safe haven? Remember when they predicted that the dollar would collapse? Remember when they predicted major terrorist attacks on our soil?? All because a Black man got elected POTUS.

Hard to figure these clowns out, but I know better than to believe a word they're saying.
I think what outrages republicans and their accomplices in the mainstream media the most about Obama (besides the fact that he's black) is that absolutely none of their dire predictions have been proven true. In fact, quite the opposite - Obama has proven to be nothing but a center/right President who, otherwise, they would support 100%.

but because of his race, and his successes in the face of their dire predictions, they simply can't align themselves with what otherwise would be the American dream. A child born to a single mother who worked his way up to be the most powerful man in the world.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2014-12-18, 09:48

And this Cuba thing is ABSOLUTELY the right thing to do. This is a basic case of human behaviors - If you want to change human behavior, you don't do it by isolation and hostility. Rather, you do it vil openness and dialogue. The Cuban people need to get more exposure to free societies in the west. When they do, the change will come naturally. That force can't be stopped by the Castro brothers.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-18, 09:53

Vlad wrote:And this Cuba thing is ABSOLUTELY the right thing to do.  This is a basic case of human behaviors - If you want to change human behavior, you don't do it by isolation and hostility.  Rather, you do it vil openness and dialogue.  The Cuban people need to get more exposure to free societies in the west.  When they do, the change will come naturally.  That force can't be stopped by the Castro brothers.
100% correct..

with all of his faults and the fact that he ran as a liberal and governed as a center/right president, Obama is still a great American.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-18, 10:33

DWags wrote:If I can now buy a cuban cigar, I can fill up my gas guzzzler in metro detroit for 2.29 per gallon, unemployment is down to below 8%, Osama Bin Laden is dead, we're out of two wars, how do I keep my hate up for that fucker?

Gas was $1.68 when he took office. He called 5.5% unemployment a "blight". He surrendered in those 2 wars like he was French (which I guess he sort of is since he's Kenyan and the Britich ditched Kenya for being too French).

So I guess you're down to Bill Clinton thanking him for cigars and him taking credit for the SEALS killing OBL to thank him for.

Of course you could hate him for ignoring the Constitution, letting Putin ride him like a nickel hooker, caving in to the Castros and wrecking your health insurance but that's just nit picking when it comes to interfering with the worship of the One.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-18, 10:57

LooseGoose wrote:

Gas was $1.68 when he took office. He called 5.5% unemployment a "blight". He surrendered in those 2 wars like he was French (which I guess he sort of is since he's Kenyan and the Britich ditched Kenya for being too French).

So I guess you're down to Bill Clinton thanking him for cigars and him taking credit for the SEALS killing OBL to thank him for.

Of course you could hate him for ignoring the Constitution, letting Putin ride him like a nickel hooker, caving in to the Castros and wrecking your health insurance but that's just nit picking when it comes to interfering with the worship of the One.
Question for Obama haters - Page 2 1550444538
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-12-18, 11:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I think what outrages republicans and their accomplices in the mainstream media the most about Obama (besides the fact that he's black) is that absolutely none of their dire predictions have been proven true. In fact, quite the opposite - Obama has proven to be nothing but a center/right President who, otherwise, they would support 100%.

but because of his race, and his successes in the face of their dire predictions, they simply can't align themselves with what otherwise would be the American dream. A child born to a single mother who worked his way up to be the most powerful man in the world.

I understand and agree with your "black man" argument. I am positive that adds to their stress.

But you can never discount the strait up drooling drones syndrome. If you recall, back in the day they had the same loathing for Clinton. The whitewater witch-hunt that ended with a spunky dress (bengazi anyone?)... Giving no credit for his relatively successful treatment of the economy. No wars. They will blurt out what ever Rush tells them black or white. So while they have a special pain in their belly that it's a black man, they would hate anyone really.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-12-18, 11:10

LooseGoose wrote:

You left out the part where the Dow was at 7000 when he took over.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-18, 11:33

kingstonlake wrote:

You left out the part where the Dow was at 7000 when he took over.
At least he couldn't fuck that up. It had no where else to go but up
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-18, 11:39

Vlad wrote:And this Cuba thing is ABSOLUTELY the right thing to do. This is a basic case of human behaviors - If you want to change human behavior, you don't do it by isolation and hostility. Rather, you do it vil openness and dialogue. The Cuban people need to get more exposure to free societies in the west. When they do, the change will come naturally. That force can't be stopped by the Castro brothers.

Yeah, I'll listen to Vlad for foreign policy.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-18, 11:48

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

I understand and agree with your "black man" argument. I am positive that adds to their stress.

But you can never discount the strait up drooling drones syndrome. If you recall, back in the day they had the same loathing for Clinton. The whitewater witch-hunt that ended with a spunky dress (bengazi anyone?)... Giving no credit for his relatively successful treatment of the economy. No wars. They will blurt out what ever Rush tells them black or white. So while they have a special pain in their belly that it's a black man, they would hate anyone really.
yeah - I actually find it quite funny that simply the sight of Barack Hussein Obama throws republicans into an internal seething rage.. Question for Obama haters - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2014-12-18, 11:58

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Yeah, I'll listen to Vlad for foreign policy.

No no, please, continue listening to Rush.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-18, 12:08

Vlad wrote:

No no, please, continue listening to Rush.
pretty sure that Rush's extent of foreign policy knowledge is limited to countries that have a more casual and relaxed view of drug abuse, multiple marriages and obesity..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-12-18, 12:15

Do the impeachment hearings start right away after the next congress is seated, or do our do nothing leaders find something else to keep them occupied?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-18, 12:18

Jake from State Farm wrote:Do the impeachment hearings start right away after the next congress is seated, or do our do nothing leaders find something else to keep them occupied?
I think once the mighty warriors recover from the bloody battles in the War on Christmas, they will delve into more complex issues such as whether or not Obama wears a flag lapel pin often enough, just exactly how much his fat wife, Moochelle, weighs and the origination of his fabricated birth certificate..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-12-18, 12:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I think once the mighty warriors recover from the bloody battles in the War on Christmas, they will delve into more complex issues such as whether or not Obama wears a flag lapel pin often enough, just exactly how much his fat wife, Moochelle, weighs and the origination of his fabricated birth certificate..

Well it's about time, millions of good Americans have been wondering about just that for six years now.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-18, 12:30

kingstonlake wrote:You left out the part where the Dow was at 7000 when he took over.

I didn't want to pile on by mentioning how he took care of his rich donors at the expense of the poor and working class.

I imagine the Dow skyrocketing is really having a positive impact for the 46 million people on food stamps. They can't afford food but they can revel in the fact that their non existent stock portfolios are going up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-18, 12:37

Jake from State Farm wrote:

Well it's about time, millions of good Americans have been wondering about just that for six years now.
yeah.. frankly, I'm sick of an improving economy, full access to adequate and affordable healthcare, a skyrocketing Dow and unemployment below 6%...

I demand to know what happened in Benghazi, why Barack Obama personally strangled those 4 brave Americans with his bare hands, and how we can politicize their deaths..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-12-18, 13:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah.. frankly, I'm sick of an improving economy, full access to adequate and affordable healthcare, a skyrocketing Dow and unemployment below 6%...

I demand to know what happened in Benghazi, why Barack Obama personally strangled those 4 brave Americans with his bare hands, and how we can politicize their deaths..

Actually, the real unemployment rate is slightly above 11%. But yay for crappy retail jobs?

Also, the DOW is doing well because the FED hasn't raised interest rates in 6 fucking years...people cant put money into CDs or fixed investments because you lose your ass with inflation...you MUST be invested in the DOW for any type of return.

Flooding the money supply with tens of billions of dollars and keeping interest rates at historic lows for more than half a decade now is not why we want the DOW to be doing good. We want good paying jobs, economic growth and expansion, and higher job wages for reasons the DOW is going up.

We are near all time lows in labor participation rate and business start ups. The majority of economic growth, wealth creation and GOOD job creation comes from small businesses. The regulatory environment under Obama has killed the American entrepreneurial spirit. Remember, this is a guy in office who specifically said you didn't build your own business. Its the tragically flawed and ****ed up line of liberal thinking that discourages individual achievement.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-12-18, 13:08

LooseGoose wrote:

I didn't want to pile on by mentioning how he took care of his rich donors at the expense of the poor and working class.

I imagine the Dow skyrocketing is really having a positive impact for the 46 million people on food stamps. They can't afford food but they can revel in the fact that their non existent stock portfolios are going up.

All those filthy liberal corporate executives.....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2014-12-18, 13:11

LooseGoose wrote:

Don't forget us middle-class folks in your argument.  We don't have the same investment portfolios that his "rich donors" have, but the market's health is pretty damn important to us too, not just form a retirement/savings perspective, but from a day-to-day / employment perspective.  As middle class working stiff, I'm feeling much better about my financial health than I was in mid/late 2008.

So please, don't just focus on the top and bottom.  There's a whole lotta people in the middle here.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-12-18, 13:11

The_Dude wrote:

Actually, the real unemployment rate is slightly above 11%. But yay for crappy retail jobs?

Also, the DOW is doing well because the FED hasn't raised interest rates in 6 fucking years...people cant put money into CDs or fixed investments because you lose your ass with inflation...you MUST be invested in the DOW for any type of return.

Flooding the money supply with tens of billions of dollars and keeping interest rates at historic lows for more than half a decade now is not why we want the DOW to be doing good. We want good paying jobs, economic growth and expansion, and higher job wages for reasons the DOW is going up.

We are near all time lows in labor participation rate and business start ups. The majority of economic growth, wealth creation and GOOD job creation comes from small businesses. The regulatory environment under Obama has killed the American entrepreneurial spirit. Remember, this is a guy in office who specifically said you didn't build your own business. Its the tragically flawed and ****ed up line of liberal thinking that discourages individual achievement.

Filthy liberals Like Papa Johns pizza?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-12-18, 13:13

From winter 2013- 50 years of fighting the 'war on poverty'. Funny how Obama says 50 years of no diplomatic ties to Cuba isn't working, but doesn't address the changes we need with regards to the war on poverty.

Remember though--more people on welfare = more lifelong leeches voting Democrat.

"Since Obama took office, 13 million more Americans have become dependent on food stamps, with the numbers now hitting a record 47 million — about a third more than when he was sworn in. In 2007, there were 26 million recipients. Spending on the scheme has more than doubled just since 2008."

Now this article is very fair--it doesn't just blame Obama it blames a lot of factors for why the war on poverty has failed.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/economy/economics/item/17367-welfare-hits-record-levels-after-50-years-of-war-on-poverty
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2014-12-18, 13:23

The_Dude wrote:From winter 2013- 50 years of fighting the 'war on poverty'. Funny how Obama says 50 years of no diplomatic ties to Cuba isn't working, but doesn't address the changes we need with regards to the war on poverty.

Remember though--more people on welfare = more lifelong leeches voting Democrat.

"Since Obama took office, 13 million more Americans have become dependent on food stamps, with the numbers now hitting a record 47 million — about a third more than when he was sworn in. In 2007, there were 26 million recipients. Spending on the scheme has more than doubled just since 2008."

Now this article is very fair--it doesn't just blame Obama it blames a lot of factors for why the war on poverty has failed.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/economy/economics/item/17367-welfare-hits-record-levels-after-50-years-of-war-on-poverty

Two questions:

1. Since when did you start caring about poor people? Be honest, it's really just your wallet you're concerned with, right??

2. Do you get all of your information from conservative blogs and editorials??
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next