Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for Obama haters

+17
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
Green Note
Nordic
The Pantry
CheesySpartan
Rocinante
Vlad
AvgMSUJoe
LoneWolfSparty
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
Code_Warrior
The_Dude
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Question for Obama haters - Page 3 Empty Re: Question for Obama haters

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:28 pm

Vlad wrote:

Two questions:

1.  Since when did you start caring about poor people?  Be honest, it's really just your wallet you're concerned with, right??

2.  Do you get all of your information from conservative blogs and editorials??
they don't care about poor people.. they care about politicizing poor people... hell, these are the same people that celebrated when Michael Brown was murdered and his murderer was not held accountable..

that said, it is fun to watch them minimize good news for America.. they just absolutely hate it.. Question for Obama haters - Page 3 4198636888
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:30 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

Gas was $1.68 when he took office.   He called 5.5% unemployment a "blight".  .

Oh, and seriously, the unemployment rate went from 5.5 to 8 in the first month he was in office. Seriously, using that stat like a month of his policies were effecting this. O.K., he must have enormous powers.

Question for Obama haters - Page 3 Ch10
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:03 pm

DWags wrote:If I can now buy a cuban cigar, I can fill up my gas guzzzler in metro detroit for 2.29 per gallon, unemployment is down to below 8%, Osama Bin Laden is dead, we're out of two wars, how do I keep my hate up for that fucker?  

1) Buying Cuban Cigars:  Big deal. You can already offend people and get cancer from non-Cuban cigars. Your Hero JFK, who initiated the embargo of Cuba, and loved his Cuban cigars, would disagree with you.

2) Gas Prices:  They are a reflection of lack of world demand and predatory practices by the Saudis. If the economy of the US was healthy, the price would not be dropping like a rock. It would be better for stable free market prices.

3) 8% unemployment is totally cooked and Fraudulent. It does not count all of those who are no longer counted in the work force. The percentage of people working in the economy is at the lowest level since the Great Depression. In addition, the average wage for those who are working are the lowest in 50 years.

4) Bin Laden is dead. Good. But it means nothing when Islamic Terrorism is rampant, the US foreign policy has been so incoherent and incompetent that we are mocked worldwide. Obama's has done nothing but project self-loathing and weakness with his apologies and bowing to dictators. The world neither fears nor respects the USA.

5) Out of 2 wars? Bullshit. No mas! No Mas! When you are at war and quit the fight, it doesn't mean your enemy has quit the fight.

6) You never hated the fucker ( Obama). You hate Republicans and nothing more and nothing less, and for no other reason that you think:  Democrats= Goodness.  Republicans= Badness.
Obama/Democrat is your pre-programmed default. You will construct any fantasy and fabrication to justify your default position. You even mockingly proclaim that you love Republicans and disdain the poor so as to cynically buttress your premise that Republicans are selfish, hateful and evil.  Its pure sophistry.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:14 pm

Jethro Bodeen wrote:

1) Buying Cuban Cigars:  Big deal. You can already offend people and get cancer from non-Cuban cigars. Your Hero JFK, who initiated the embargo of Cuba, and loved his Cuban cigars, would disagree with you.

2) Gas Prices:  They are a reflection of lack of world demand and predatory practices by the Saudis. If the economy of the US was healthy, the price would not be dropping like a rock. It would be better for stable free market prices.

3) 8% unemployment is totally cooked and Fraudulent. It does not count all of those who are no longer counted in the work force. The percentage of people working in the economy is at the lowest level since the Great Depression. In addition, the average wage for those who are working are the lowest in 50 years.

4) Bin Laden is dead. Good. But it means nothing when Islamic Terrorism is rampant, the US foreign policy has been so incoherent and incompetent that we are mocked worldwide. Obama's has done nothing but project self-loathing and weakness with his apologies and bowing to dictators. The world neither fears nor respects the USA.

5) Out of 2 wars? Bullshit. No mas! No Mas! When you are at war and quit the fight, it doesn't mean your enemy has quit the fight.

6) You never hated the fucker ( Obama). You hate Republicans and nothing more and nothing less, and for no other reason that you think:  Democrats= Goodness.  Republicans= Badness.
Obama/Democrat is your pre-programmed default. You will construct any fantasy and fabrication to justify your default position. You even mockingly proclaim that you love Republicans and disdain the poor so as to cynically buttress your premise that Republicans are selfish, hateful and evil.  Its pure sophistry.

Question for Obama haters - Page 3 1486952199

Last edited by The_Dude on Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:14 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
they don't care about poor people.. they care about politicizing poor people... hell, these are the same people that celebrated when Michael Brown was murdered and his murderer was not held accountable..

that said, it is fun to watch them minimize good news for America.. they just absolutely hate it.. Question for Obama haters - Page 3 4198636888

Get some genuine good news and not cooked-up fabricated bullshit. Everyone wants the economy and security to improve- but bullshitting ones self is foolhardy.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:42 pm

Jethro Bodeen wrote:

You even mockingly proclaim that you love Republicans and disdain the poor so as to cynically buttress your premise that Republicans are selfish, hateful and evil.  Its pure sophistry.

Whatever. I'll keep living that hedonistic lifestyle of 16 hour days and let others sit around and try to fix the government . They can call me if they need a favor. I'm always willing to help.

At least I can now get a good cigar.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:51 pm

The_Dude wrote:

Actually, the real unemployment rate is slightly above 11%. But yay for crappy retail jobs?

Also, the DOW is doing well because the FED hasn't raised interest rates in 6 fucking years...people cant put money into CDs or fixed investments because you lose your ass with inflation...you MUST be invested in the DOW for any type of return.

Flooding the money supply with tens of billions of dollars and keeping interest rates at historic lows for more than half a decade now is not why we want the DOW to be doing good. We want good paying jobs, economic growth and expansion, and higher job wages for reasons the DOW is going up.

We are near all time lows in labor participation rate and business start ups. The majority of economic growth, wealth creation and GOOD job creation comes from small businesses. The regulatory environment under Obama has killed the American entrepreneurial spirit. Remember, this is a guy in office who specifically said you didn't build your own business. Its the tragically flawed and ****ed up line of liberal thinking that discourages individual achievement.

Oh, oh, that all required some intellectual curiosity. Way past snappy sound bites.

Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:54 pm

Jethro Bodeen wrote:

Outstanding post.

Identifies the very religious aspects of the left.
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:01 pm

The_Dude wrote:From winter 2013- 50 years of fighting the 'war on poverty'. Funny how Obama says 50 years of no diplomatic ties to Cuba isn't working, but doesn't address the changes we need with regards to the war on poverty.

Remember though--more people on welfare = more lifelong leeches voting Democrat.

"Since Obama took office, 13 million more Americans have become dependent on food stamps, with the numbers now hitting a record 47 million — about a third more than when he was sworn in. In 2007, there were 26 million recipients. Spending on the scheme has more than doubled just since 2008."

Now this article is very fair--it doesn't just blame Obama it blames a lot of factors for why the war on poverty has failed.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/economy/economics/item/17367-welfare-hits-record-levels-after-50-years-of-war-on-poverty

cheers

The left needs people to be poor.

Why with a record number people out of work force (not counted in unemployment figure), record number on food stamps, most jobs created part-time, would they provide amnesty to AT LEAST five million illegals. With chain migration that may reach as high as 60 million.

The left particularly is a target of the left. Who does the left think the illegals will be competing with in near future?

They get their info from fake news show like Colbert and Stewart, watch MSNBC and networks. But with little intellectual curiosity, does it matter? Its about their feelings not reality.
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:06 pm

Vlad wrote:

This feels really, really weird...to be on the same side of an argument with dwags.  Oh well, nothing wrong with it, I guess.

So, these conservative chicken littles have been calling for the sky to fall for quite some time.  Remember when they were telling us to buy gold because it was the only safe haven?  Remember when they predicted that the dollar would collapse?  Remember when they predicted major terrorist attacks on our soil??  All because a Black man got elected POTUS.

Hard to figure these clowns out, but I know better than to believe a word they're saying.

Greece.....!  Yeah, let's compare our situation to Greece!  Why not?? bounce   F'in idiots!  You wanna compare Greece to the US??  Ok, try comparing the size of their economies!  Get back to us on that! (Or here, let me do the work for you: $242B versus $16.7T! Are you sure you want to compare Greece's situation to the US'?? Dummies!)

Nice story. Have you anything to support any of these fanciful assertions. They read like the Democratic Underground.
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:07 pm

Green Note wrote:

cheers

The left needs people to be poor.

Why with a record number people out of work force (not counted in unemployment figure), record number on food stamps, most jobs created part-time, would they provide amnesty to AT LEAST five million illegals. With chain migration that may reach as high as 60 million.

The left particularly is a target of the left. Who does the left think the illegals will be competing with in near future?

They get their info from fake news show like Colbert and Stewart, watch MSNBC and networks. But with little intellectual curiosity, does it matter? Its about their feelings not reality.

Who will help the government take your guns and bibles away at a competitive wage if we don't let the five million illegals in? You act like that's a task for 10 custodians and a supervisor. It takes planning.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:21 pm

DWags wrote:

Who will help the government take your guns and bibles away

Bob?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:51 am

Jethro Bodeen wrote:

this epitomizes my comment about good news for America being bad news for republicans. Your seething hatred for a black man outweighs your love of your own country and you illustrated it beautifully...

thanks for playing.. and thanks for proving my point.. Question for Obama haters - Page 3 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:29 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:this epitomizes my comment about good news for America being bad news for republicans. Your seething hatred for a black man outweighs your love of your own country and you illustrated it beautifully...

thanks for playing.. and thanks for proving my point.. Question for Obama haters - Page 3 3493939353
And thank you for adding more evidence to my theory that all democrats must have some sort of chemical imbalance that affects the way they interpret things
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:38 am

The Pantry wrote:And thank you for adding more evidence to my theory that all democrats must have some sort of chemical imbalance that affects the way they interpret things

I find my most political friends to be the biggest hypocrites Bob. Left wingers will fly the first amendment flag unless it's a conservative cause. Right wing friends will rail against governemtnt sloth from a bar stool while declaring bankruptcy so we all can pay for their largess through higher interest rates. We're all hypocrites. I guess that makes us Americans.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:17 am

DWags wrote:

I find my most political friends to be the biggest hypocrites Bob. Left wingers will fly the first amendment flag unless it's a conservative cause. Right wing friends will rail against governemtnt sloth from a bar stool while declaring bankruptcy so we all can pay for their largess through higher interest rates. We're all hypocrites. I guess that makes us Americans.
everyone's a critic and most people are DJ's...

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:18 am

The Pantry wrote:And thank you for adding more evidence to my theory that all democrats must have some sort of chemical imbalance that affects the way they interpret things
I'm okay with agreeing to disagree...

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:20 am

I woke up this morning...and yup, I am still a citizen of the greatest country on Earth! USA! USA! cheers
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:21 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm okay with agreeing to disagree...
I disagree with agreeing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:24 am

LooseGoose wrote:
I disagree with agreeing.
you'd fit in well at tRCMB.. as long as you agree to agree with those who don't like to be disagreed with.. otherwise, it's "you've been warned"..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:26 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:you'd fit in well at tRCMB.. as long as you agree to agree with those who don't like to be disagreed with.. otherwise, it's "you've been warned"..

Normally, its random month long bannnings without warnings or reasons other then you made a 'mod angry at the time'
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:34 am

The_Dude wrote:

Normally, its random month long bannnings without warnings or reasons other then you made a 'mod angry at the time'
yeah... they're a touchy bunch over there.. fully grown men dressed in gimp suits with absolutely no affinity for dissent..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:03 pm

his non-rebuttal proves your point.

you're a Great American, +1
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:25 pm

Toe wrote:

his non-rebuttal proves your point.

you're a Great American, +1
bump..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:48 pm

5% growth in the economy in the third quarter fastest growth period ever, Gas prices going down for 8 consecutive months, 2.4 million jobs created this year, the dow just went over 18K, average of 1100 extra dollars in the consumers pocket who drives a car 5 days a week, consumer confidence index higher then it's been in a decade.

Merry Christmas everybody, I hope it's found you.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:53 pm

I am sure it is finding mostly white people.

http://www.vox.com/2014/12/13/7383033/the-median-wealth-for-whites-in-the-us-is-nearly-142000-for-blacks
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:40 pm

Turtleneck wrote:I am sure it is finding mostly white people.

http://www.vox.com/2014/12/13/7383033/the-median-wealth-for-whites-in-the-us-is-nearly-142000-for-blacks

Thanks Obama
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:01 pm

DWags wrote:5% growth in the economy in the third quarter fastest growth period ever, Gas prices going down for 8 consecutive months, 2.4 million jobs created this year, the dow just went over 18K, average of 1100 extra dollars in the consumers pocket who drives a car 5 days a week, consumer confidence index higher then it's been in a decade.

Merry Christmas everybody, I hope it's found you.
Remember the 2004 tsunami? The water receded prior to it, creating a huge beach.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:05 pm

The Pantry wrote:Remember the 2004 tsunami? The water receded prior to it, creating a huge beach.

Then Hoke went swimming?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:32 pm

The Pantry wrote:Remember the 2004 tsunami? The water receded prior to it, creating a huge beach.

Remember the weapons of mass destruction? Yeah, they used that fear and loathing tactic too. I remember it. When all else fails, scare the shit out of people.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:48 pm

DWags wrote:

Remember the weapons of mass destruction? Yeah, they used that fear and loathing tactic too. I remember it. When all else fails, scare the shit out of people.
Perhaps you missed my point. All is not as good as it may seem to you right now.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:03 pm

The Pantry wrote:Perhaps you missed my point. All is not as good as it may seem to you right now.

It's unfortunate that in 2014 people still want to attribute good and bad economies to a single man. The global economy, which we are all sensitive to if not vulnerable, is far more fragile right now than most will admit.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:13 pm

The Pantry wrote:Perhaps you missed my point. All is not as good as it may seem to you right now.

So, if the numbers were bad, could we say "All is not as bad to you as it seems?" I think that would be fair, but why do I think many wouldn't buy it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:31 pm

DWags wrote:

So, if the numbers were bad, could we say "All is not as bad to you as it seems?" I think that would be fair, but why do I think many wouldn't buy it.

I wish I could see the economy through your glasses, DWags.

I see stagnate wages, low paying service jobs accounting for a decent percent of job growth, and the most vulnerable populations being left behind. But hey, it sounds like you're doing great and that is all that matters. Merry Christmas.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:38 am

Turtleneck wrote:

I wish I could see the economy through your glasses, DWags.

I see stagnate wages, low paying service jobs accounting for a decent percent of job growth, and the most vulnerable populations being left behind. But hey, it sounds like you're doing great and that is all that matters. Merry Christmas.

So, When the numbers are bad, they're real, they need to be considered, ad they show a strong snap shot of what's going on. But when they say the following, it's bull shit, don't believe them, it's missing everyone? Even though I've been able to hire more people at my business and buy more products, I should also ignore that. O.K., but you guys need to take it up with the economists:

The data today is very consistent with a U.S. consumer that is doing quite well,” said Michael Gapen, chief United States economist at Barclays. “Consumers are receiving a boost in the form of lower gas prices, but they are also feeling more confident about their own futures because of the stronger labor market.”

In a separate Commerce Department report Tuesday morning, the government stated that personal spending jumped 0.6 percent in November, slightly more than expected, while October’s increase was revised upward by 0.1 percentage point to 0.3 percent. Personal income jumped by 0.4 percent in November, the Commerce Department said, ahead of the 0.3 percent rise in October and the 0.2 percent increase in September.

Unemployment has been steadily falling, and payrolls grew by more than 300,000 last month, a reading that was significantly better than expected. Similarly, consumers have gotten a big boost recently from the steep drop in gas prices since the summer. That is expected to lift holiday retail sales this month.

“Consumption growth appears to have accelerated further in Q4, with plunging gasoline prices shifting upside to more discretionary areas,” Ted Wieseman, an economist with Morgan Stanley, said in a note to clients after the revised figures on economic growth were released.

However, I'd like to help you keep those around you a bit scared. What you should be saying is the increase in the GDP is completely tied to obama care and that's basically a tax, so any GDP increase has to be related to that and redistribution is only coming because of Obama Care. It's a more fitting argument than just saying "we should not believe these numbers" or "Most of America isn't feeling these lower gas prices, more money in their pocket to buy goods, and more jobs".

I just think it's a better "scare" argument. I look forward to it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:09 am

DWags wrote:

Remember the weapons of mass destruction?  Yeah, they used that fear and loathing tactic too.  I remember it.  When all else fails, scare the shit out of people.  
Glad you think life is rosy.  

Ever look at the national debt since Obama took office?  By the time he is out of office, his administration will have probably doubled it.  Does that mean nothing to you?

Question for Obama haters - Page 3 Nation10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:44 am

The Pantry wrote:
Glad you think life is rosy.  

Ever look at the national debt since Obama took office?  By the time he is out of office, his administration will have probably doubled it.  Does that mean nothing to you?

Question for Obama haters - Page 3 Nation10

Yes, it does, but what I hate is the dishonesty of the right.   The major factor in our debt explosion was the decline in governement revenues because of the recession---- one that started a year before Obama took office.  When the recession started an explosion of spending had to take place, automatic stabilizers like unemployment insurance kicking in.  Where Obama contributed to it is that spending kept going up.   But what the left wil have you believe is that it's all the Bush Recession and the automatic stabilizers, and what the right will have you believe is that the recession and the automatic stablizers which kicked in (a year before Obama) never happened.  Less income more out go due to stabilizers are largely ignored and it gets tiring.

If the simple answer is to place it all on Obama spending, then lets have the simple answer of how I started this thread.  I get tired of both sides, and it's those people that are extreme that will cause us to have such wide swings.  There is no center anymore and I'm sick of it.  If I'm a democrat I have to hate patriotism or I have to be so PC in every aspect and can't speak out against entitlement and largess that is sickening.  If I'm a republican I have to hate gay people and I can't agree that I didn't mind my small business tax especially if it means giving more money to schools.  

Whatever, I'm old I've seen this country go from Tip O'neil and Ronald Reagan drinking whiskey together and hamering things out, to factions in congress willing to shut down governet if they don't get their way and it's always the other sides fault.  It is what it is.  I'll keep reading the fear mongering and I'll keep reading where blame should be placed.  And while I'm bummed so many of our contry blame specifics and don't see the big pictures, I get that it is what it is.  Now tell me how ****ed up I am.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3