Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

+60
tTito
Dr. Strangelove
goodbar
Watch Out Pylon!
Da Mayor
Nordic
SawGreen
Jake from State Farm
Rodeo Burger
Stymie2000
MattyFresh
CaptainSlow33
Motown Spartan
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
aualum06
Clarett's Folly
Robert J Sakimano
tanfan!
AnomanderRake
By-Tor
Herbie Green
Rocinante
DWags
NigelUno
StylesGShmooth
Tim Wakefield
Death Roe
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
WBill
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
Chitown_Badger
Stoops21
Ass Dan
MiamiSpartan
Bizarro Fletch
GirbaudJeans
AvgMSUJoe
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
The_Dude
Free Plax
Brock Middlebrook
Spartan Nachos
Cym Jim
LoneWolfSparty
Fallenangle
He Got It!
Cameron
Dendrobates
InTenSity
MSUgöat
Cool Runnings
AMwood
Floyd Robertson
Cosmo_Kramer
Osmo
SeeRockCity
64 posters

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 21 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by tGreenWay Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 10:43

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Rocinante wrote:The Blacklist is so bad but I watch it when I want to relax. I mean it’s terrible. And I’m a huge James Spader fan.

Still a guilty pleasure of mine.

The lead woman is from Petoskey. Megan Boone.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 21 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Rocinante Tue 29 Oct 2019 - 16:29

I am unfortunately going to have to watch “Dolemite is My Name”
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 29 Oct 2019 - 16:29

I’m worried it will suck, but the trailer is so good!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Tue 29 Oct 2019 - 17:08

Loved it. Of course I've listened to my share of Dolemite before.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 29 Oct 2019 - 18:57

Eddie has disappointed me more times than I care to remember. Looks like a great cast though.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat 2 Nov 2019 - 18:27

Anybody checked out Living With Yourself on Netflix?

If you like Paul Rudd, you'll like it, it's got a shitload of Paul Rudd. I enjoyed it.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Sat 2 Nov 2019 - 19:01

Cameron wrote:Anybody checked out Living With Yourself on Netflix?

If you like Paul Rudd, you'll like it, it's got a shitload of Paul Rudd. I enjoyed it.
And it answers the question of how Brady does it.
Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 21 502811600
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 8 Nov 2019 - 20:09

Season 2 of Jack Ryan on Prime is pretty good.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 8 Nov 2019 - 20:55

Ok, so just did a few things.
I called to cancel SiriusXM. Apparently I've been a customer for 5 years. One car got $4.99 a month for 12 months, no Howard Stern, NFL or Nascar, but I never listened to those anyway. Other car $95 for the year, same thing, but can stream the music. I'm in my car about 1.5 hours a day at a minimum, so worth it to me.
I signed with the devil. Disney +. $70 for the first year. Kids are that age where they love most of the content, so its cool and includes some stuff I like as well. I just hope they come out with a 4k option.
There was something in the fineprint about Hulu+ and ESPN for $12.99 a month. If that is the case, that is a game changer for me. I'm going to drop ATT Now anyway, and it looks like Hulu has what I want, with FS1 and maybe even BTN.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri 8 Nov 2019 - 21:57

InTenSity wrote:Ok, so just did a few things.
I called to cancel SiriusXM. Apparently I've been a customer for 5 years. One car got $4.99 a month for 12 months, no Howard Stern, NFL or Nascar, but I never listened to those anyway. Other car $95 for the year, same thing, but can stream the music. I'm in my car about 1.5 hours a day at a minimum, so worth it to me.
I signed with the devil. Disney +. $70 for the first year. Kids are that age where they love most of the content, so its cool and includes some stuff I like as well. I just hope they come out with a 4k option.
There was something in the fineprint about Hulu+ and ESPN for $12.99 a month. If that is the case, that is a game changer for me. I'm going to drop ATT Now anyway, and it looks like Hulu has what I want, with FS1 and maybe even BTN.

I highly doubt that is hulutv if it is it's a good deal
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 9 Nov 2019 - 0:14

Floyd Robertson wrote:Season 2 of Jack Ryan on Prime is pretty good.

Hoping to get started with that this weekend.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 9 Nov 2019 - 6:17

I currently pay $44.95 a month for Hulu+. I started out 20 months ago at $39.99 but I'm not complaining. It has saved me $70 a month since cutting the Comcast cord. Disney is now the controlling owner of Hulu as of March this year. It wouldn't surprise me if you could get it at the price you mentioned for a year as some sort of Disney bundle.

EDIT: I meant Hulu Live, not +.

Last edited by Floyd Robertson on Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 6:40; edited 1 time in total
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sat 9 Nov 2019 - 7:41

aualum06 wrote:

Disney owns a majority of Hulu. I saw the same pricing, it's Hulu with commercials which still isn't too bad. They don't do the five minute commercial breaks every ten minutes like network tv does.

Disney Hulu ESPN+ bundle
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 9 Nov 2019 - 9:16

Jake from State Farm wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Disney owns a majority of Hulu. I saw the same pricing, it's Hulu with commercials which still isn't too bad. They don't do the five minute commercial breaks every ten minutes like network tv does.

Disney Hulu ESPN+ bundle

Hulu+ doesn't have commercials I believe

I think it is regular Hulu, Hulu+ then hulutv
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 22:36

Billy on the street is hilarious
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 0:07

Rocinante wrote:Billy on the street is hilarious

Just watched that for the first time on Saturday. I was amused.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 13:53

Just finished Barry and started Treadstone and Jack Ryan. Floyd is right about Ryan. Season 2 looking good. I’m really enjoying Treadstone so far, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 14:00

tGreenWay wrote:Just finished Barry and started Treadstone and Jack Ryan. Floyd is right about Ryan. Season 2 looking good. I’m really enjoying Treadstone so far, too.

Ryan Season 2 is good. The Man in the High Castle, Season 4 is coming out Friday. The Expanse, Season 3 is coming out Friday.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 14:07

tGreenWay wrote:Just finished Barry and started Treadstone and Jack Ryan. Floyd is right about Ryan. Season 2 looking good. I’m really enjoying Treadstone so far, too.

Ryan Season 2 is good. The Man in the High Castle, Season 4 is coming out Friday. The Expanse, Season 3 is coming out Friday.

I might start Castle soon. My wife is keeping up and she’s enjoyed it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 14:18

tGreenWay wrote:

I just started The Bridesmaids Tale on Hulu. Good so far and the wife is liking it too.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 14:24

tGreenWay wrote:

I just started The Bridesmaids Tale on Hulu. Good so far and the wife is liking it too.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 21 502811600 Handmaid’s Tale?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 14:31

tGreenWay wrote:

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 21 502811600 Handmaid’s Tale?

Yes, no wonder I have such a hard time finding it. Wink
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 14:47

tGreenWay wrote:

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 21 1966794946
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 15:03

I will probably sign up for Prime for a month soon. I had a 3 month trial last year and watched season 1 of Jack Ryan and 1-3 of Man in the High Castle and love them both. I will probably wait a week or two and then do a month of Prime (as opposed to just Prime Video) so that I have the free shipping for the Holidays.

Handmaids Tale is shocking, but awesome!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 15:10

MiamiSpartan wrote:

I will probably sign up for Prime for a month soon.  I had a 3 month trial last year and watched season 1 of Jack Ryan and 1-3 of Man in the High Castle and love them both.  I will probably wait a week or two and then do a month of Prime (as opposed to just Prime Video) so that I have the free shipping for the Holidays.

Handmaids Tale is shocking, but awesome!

Yeah, it's been really good so far. We're through the first four episodes.

My internet provider just sent me a voucher for free year of Prime. I've been paying for it up until now, but we buy a lot of crap so it's worth it.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 15:14

I've been testing out the ad version of Hulu this month, because it's about half as much. But given that "half as much" is just 6 bucks less, I think I'll probably switch back to ad free next month.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 15:22

Cameron wrote:I've been testing out the ad version of Hulu this month, because it's about half as much. But given that "half as much" is just 6 bucks less, I think I'll probably switch back to ad free next month.

I got the ad version last year on Black Friday, one year for 99 cents a month. You might want to see if they do something similar this year. I'm probably going to go with the Hulu/Disney/ESPN+ for $12.99 when that runs out for me. The ads really aren't that bad compared to network TV.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 15:26

tGreenWay wrote:

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 21 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 16:25

Cameron wrote:I've been testing out the ad version of Hulu this month, because it's about half as much. But given that "half as much" is just 6 bucks less, I think I'll probably switch back to ad free next month.

I got the ad version last year on Black Friday, one year for 99 cents a month. You might want to see if they do something similar this year. I'm probably going to go with the Hulu/Disney/ESPN+ for $12.99 when that runs out for me. The ads really aren't that bad compared to network TV.

That bundle is part of the reason I'm testing out the ads this month. Seems like a very good deal. Perhaps they'll offer an ad free bundle for around $20 a month, I think I'd pay that.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 17:27

I loved the expanse but felt it could have ended after season 3. Not sure where they go now. It feels like it could go off the rails.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 17:28

I can’t stand it. It’s so weird seeing commercials now.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 18:54

This is pretty good. Basically this guy emigrated from the Ukraine after WWII, lived a quiet life for years in Cleveland, and then was accused of being a Nazi death camp guard. And a pretty sadistic one at that. The doc focuses on his extradition to Isreal and trial. A few survivors from Treblinka testified and it's pretty powerful stuff.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 18 Nov 2019 - 16:04

So I've wrapped up two seasons of Dr. Who and started the third. I'm not sure why the Brits seem to love it so much. It's cheesy as hell and special effects are sort of awful (granted these are like 2008 special effects). Some of the humor is pretty good though. I could listen the to the Daleks screaming "exterminate" all day long and not stop laughing. I'm going to miss Rose Tyler but this new sidekick Martha Jones could be good.

So there you have it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 21 Nov 2019 - 0:10

Any one bring up Living with Yourself on Netflix yet? Just started the first ep
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 21 Nov 2019 - 0:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Any one bring up Living with Yourself on Netflix yet? Just started the first ep

You will enjoy it.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 21 Nov 2019 - 0:37

Cameron wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Any one bring up Living with Yourself on Netflix yet? Just started the first ep

You will enjoy it.

Early on it’s like Paul Rudd is micro-dosing. Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 21 1966794946
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Sun 24 Nov 2019 - 7:12

Floyd Robertson wrote:So I've wrapped up two seasons of Dr. Who and started the third. I'm not sure why the Brits seem to love it so much. It's cheesy as hell and special effects are sort of awful (granted these are like 2008 special effects). Some of the humor is pretty good though. I could listen the to the Daleks screaming "exterminate" all day long and not stop laughing. I'm going to miss Rose Tyler but this new sidekick Martha Jones could be good.,

So there you have it.

Effects get better and by the time you get to Matt Smith & Amy Pond, they're pretty good. Stories start tying back in too. Also; you could roll over to the spinoff, Torchwood, now.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 24 Nov 2019 - 9:37

Floyd Robertson wrote:So I've wrapped up two seasons of Dr. Who and started the third. I'm not sure why the Brits seem to love it so much. It's cheesy as hell and special effects are sort of awful (granted these are like 2008 special effects). Some of the humor is pretty good though. I could listen the to the Daleks screaming "exterminate" all day long and not stop laughing. I'm going to miss Rose Tyler but this new sidekick Martha Jones could be good.

So there you have it.

I love the original star treks for how campy they are and the b level special effects. Feel the same way about the old Docotor Who’s. The corny monsters in rubber suits and campiness makes it for me. Didn’t care for the new episodes I’ve seen. Also the actual stories for both the old star treks and doctor who had good moral dilemmas and good writing.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 24 Nov 2019 - 10:38

Only one more episode to watch in season 2 of Ryan. Really enjoying this season.

Edit: Watched episode 8. This was an excellent season for Jack Ryan.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun 24 Nov 2019 - 19:52

The first 2-3 episodes of the last season of "The Man in the High Castle" seemed really slow, then it gets really interesting. Was not disappointed in the ending, though the final episode score in iMDB is dismal.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next