Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I)

+40
Floyd Robertson
Death Roe
Ted Brogan
Nordic
Tim Wakefield
tanfan!
tGreenWay
Cameron
Travis of the Cosmos
BleacherSwill
CheesySpartan
tig ol bitties
Turtleneck
Giant Moose
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
DWags
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
Code_Warrior
tTito
CORNER BLITZ
Detnews
The Pantry
Blanch32
Watch Out Pylon!
GRR Spartan
pulling69
Nommad2
LoneWolfSparty
Rodeo Burger
kingstonlake
SpartanInNH
HT
gomersbro
Heat Miser
steveschneider
Herbie Green
Ass Dan
44 posters

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down

tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 14 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I)

Post by Herbie Green 2015-09-18, 14:58

Nice!
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 14 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I)

Post by Giant Moose 2015-09-18, 15:02

NigelUno wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:So are we going to win another national championship in hoops before Izzo retires or no?

I just hope we get to hear what Byrd thinks of both national championships when they happen. I would love to hear from him about the team's successes instead of the players on the team who are actually doing the accomplishments.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-09-18, 15:03

Turtleneck wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:So are we going to win another national championship in hoops before Izzo retires or no?

Getting pretty close to a recruiting championship. Does that count?
Only in AA and most Walmarts within 100 miles of Detroit, and only if the colors aren't green and white.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-09-18, 15:04

Does he get to send in a letter right away? Or is this just a non binding verbal?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-09-18, 15:04

The correct answer is yes, as long as we don't play a team from Carolina whose primary color is a shade of blue.

(sorry for responding to myself, but you know)
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-09-18, 15:10

Think we are going to get Manly Miles Bridges?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-18, 15:11

Herbie Green wrote:Think we are going to get Manly Miles Bridges?
I think if Furlong Overpass puts in a good word for us, he's ours.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-09-18, 15:21

Miles Bridges retweeted
tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 14 NnFsQMkV_bigger Prep Hoops Michigan@PrepHoopsMI 17m17 minutes ago
CONGRATS to 2016 UD-Jesuit PG Cassius Winston on his commitment to Michigan State. MSU now w/#1 ranked 2016 class.
NextUpRecruits.com, Cassius Winston, Jeff McKinney and 7 others

tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 14 CPNSj87UkAApAAI
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-09-18, 15:27

Our highly rated guys are going to get a bang up of a start:

Kevin Pauga@KevinPauga 14m14 minutes ago
The first two @MSU_Basketball games to start 2016-17 have already been released:

Nov 11 vs Arizona (Pearl Harbor)
Nov 15 vs Kentucky (MSG)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-09-18, 15:29

MSU is playing in Pear Harbor? On another Aircraft Carrier?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-18, 15:31

InTenSity wrote:MSU is playing in Pear Harbor? On another Aircraft Carrier?
I think we're gonna play on George Perles..

and I'm not saying the SS George Perles.. I'm saying that George Perles will lay down and we'll play basketball on him.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-09-18, 15:37

LooseGoose wrote:
Miles Bridges retweeted
tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 14 NnFsQMkV_bigger Prep Hoops Michigan@PrepHoopsMI 17m17 minutes ago
CONGRATS to 2016 UD-Jesuit PG Cassius Winston on his commitment to Michigan State. MSU now w/#1 ranked 2016 class.

tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 14 CPNSj87UkAApAAI

Did JWeibs get locked out of this one?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-09-18, 15:42

Highlights were a bit of a buzzkill to be honest... Looked kinda slow and has a weird jumper. I'll trust Izzo on this one
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-18, 15:43

Tim Wakefield wrote:Highlights were a bit of a buzzkill to be honest... Looked kinda slow and has a weird jumper. I'll trust Izzo on this one
clearly you don't fully appreciate the talents of a 17-18 year old kid to the degree you should.

Go to your room and don't come out until we tell you to.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-09-18, 15:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:Highlights were a bit of a buzzkill to be honest... Looked kinda slow and has a weird jumper. I'll trust Izzo on this one
clearly you don't fully appreciate the talents of a 17-18 year old kid to the degree you should.

Get a life, Bob tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 14 328670334
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-18, 15:49

Tim Wakefield wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:clearly you don't fully appreciate the talents of a 17-18 year old kid to the degree you should.

Get a life, Bob tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 14 328670334
I can't help it if you aren't into basketball..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-09-18, 16:44

Herbie Green wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
Miles Bridges retweeted
tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 14 NnFsQMkV_bigger Prep Hoops Michigan@PrepHoopsMI  17m17 minutes ago  

Did JWeibs get locked out of this one?
Looks like he's not locked into the BB recruiting.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-09-18, 16:44

Izzo and virtually every other analyst and coach out there.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-09-18, 17:11

LooseGoose wrote:
Izzo and virtually every other analyst and coach out there.....

I know. Glad to have him aboard
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-09-18, 17:16

The jumper is a little...ummmm...I'm not going to say Klevon Trobert...but...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-09-21, 09:51

Cassius Winston: ‘In it to win it’ with Izzo, Spartans

DETROIT – The ball was tipped, and there he was. It fell right into Cassius Winston’s hands.
The second grader caught it and started moving, partly out of excitement, partly on instinct.

It’s something he’d been doing since he was 2 years old, when his mother said he was dribbling a basketball better than he was walking.

Immediately, Winston looked like a natural in his first real game. No one was guarding him.

He zoomed in and made the layup, his first points ever.

For the wrong team, in the wrong basket. Far from his one shining moment.

“I almost quit. I really did,” Winston recalled Friday. “I almost stopped playing.”

Thankfully, for Michigan State fans and coach Tom Izzo, he didn’t. Instead, it became Winston’s passion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-21, 10:40

LooseGoose wrote:Cassius Winston: ‘In it to win it’ with Izzo, Spartans

DETROIT – The ball was tipped, and there he was. It fell right into Cassius Winston’s hands.
The second grader caught it and started moving, partly out of excitement, partly on instinct.

It’s something he’d been doing since he was 2 years old, when his mother said he was dribbling a basketball better than he was walking.

Immediately, Winston looked like a natural in his first real game. No one was guarding him.

He zoomed in and made the layup, his first points ever.

For the wrong team, in the wrong basket. Far from his one shining moment.

“I almost quit. I really did,” Winston recalled Friday. “I almost stopped playing.”

Thankfully, for Michigan State fans and coach Tom Izzo, he didn’t. Instead, it became Winston’s passion.
a basketball player with intentions to win games. That's refreshing.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-21, 13:23

Huntington Prep guard - teammate of Bridges - picks IU. Interesting given IU is among the last three in play for Bridges.

He took his official visit to Indiana at the end of August, but the Hoosiers' pursuit dates back further than that. Five-star Huntington Prep teammate Miles Bridges is also a priority target for Indiana in 2016, and he took his official with Jones. The Hoosiers are one of three suitors remaining in Bridges' recruitment.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2015/09/19/curtis-jones-huntington-prep-guard-picks-indiana-hoosiers-2106/72467316/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-09-22, 10:00

Kentucky radio host: Miles Bridges likely headed to MSU

EAST LANSING – It’s all hearsay and tea leaves these days with Miles Bridges and may be until he announces Oct. 3, but Michigan State is said to be in a stronger position after his official visits to MSU and Kentucky.
The 6-foot-7 small forward from Flint, a consensus top-15 player in the class of 2016 who plays for Huntington (W.Va) Prep, visited MSU for its Sept. 12 football game against Oregon and basketball alumni event. He visited Kentucky over the past weekend, moving that up from an original plan of seeing UK’s “Big Blue Madness” on Oct. 16.
Bridges, who also lists Indiana as a finalist, has yet to speak publicly on his visits. But Matt Jones, a radio host in Lexington, Ky., whose kentuckysportsradio.com is one of the most popular recruiting sites for UK fans, tweeted Monday that he thinks “Michigan State may be in the driver’s seat” for Bridges after both visits.
Jones wrote on his blog that Bridges “at one time was a near certainty to go to Kentucky.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-09-22, 10:04

Boom
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-09-22, 12:21

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Boom
And if the Jackson news is good?   BOOM won't even begin to describe it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-09-22, 12:24

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Boom

Is there a legit shot there? I haven't heard much about him.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-22, 12:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I am not going to get too excited about Jackson, but as Goose said, if it happens "BOOM" would not even come close to describing the excitement surrounding the 2016 class.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-22, 12:48

Nice pick-up for the Gophers. Amir Coffey stays in state and chooses Minnesota over MSU, Arizona, Wisconsin, and others.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_28852914/gophers-secure-commitment-from-four-star-recruit-amir
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-09-22, 12:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Well according to him and his Mom we're in the final 4 for him - Arizona, Kansas, Maryland and Us.   Josh Jackson talks visits

His Mom has had high praise for Izzo in the past and there is the fact that East Lansing is the closest of those schools to Detroit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-09-22, 13:04

LooseGoose wrote:Well according to him and his Mom we're in the final 4 for him - Arizona, Kansas, Maryland and Us.  

His Mom has had high praise for Izzo in the past and there is the fact that East Lansing is the closest of those schools to Detroit.
Even if he picks one of the other schools, I will always consider him a great Spartan. I love rooting for our transfers and former recruits. I hope we have a banquet for all of them at the end of the year where we can share pie and orange juice. And when they are seniors, we'll have to make sure they kiss the logo before the banquet.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-22, 13:07

Giant Moose wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Well according to him and his Mom we're in the final 4 for him - Arizona, Kansas, Maryland and Us.  

Even if he picks one of the other schools, I will always consider him a great Spartan. I love rooting for our transfers and former recruits. I hope we have a banquet for all of them at the end of the year where we can share pie and orange juice. And when they are seniors, we'll have to make sure they kiss the logo before the banquet.

If I leave this board for Rivals, will I be remembered as a great Swill poster? Can I come back and kiss the home page?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-09-22, 13:09

Turtleneck wrote:If I leave this board for Rivals, will I be remembered as a great Swill poster? Can I come back and kiss the home page?
Once a Swill poster, always a Swill poster. tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 14 1833121890
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-09-22, 13:29

Giant Moose wrote:

God damn, when it comes to you and that fucking logo you're a kissing cousin to BobS on the annoying scale.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-09-23, 20:33

I count this as a good sign for us....

tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 14 53yodvas_biggerMiles Bridges@MilesBridges01
My announcement will be at Mott Community College on Oct. 3rd from 12-2
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-09-23, 20:36

Are we a sister school with Mott Community College?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-09-23, 20:41

He goes to school in W VA and is coming home to Flint to make his announcement? Yeah, that would seem to be a good sign.

bounce
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-23, 20:46

Maybe he is committing to UM Flint.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-09-23, 20:54

Turtleneck wrote:Maybe he is committing to UM Flint.

Or Mott? Since...it's at Mott?

Steve Schmidt is a great coach.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-09-23, 21:16

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Are we a sister school with Mott Community College?
WBH nailed why it's probably a good sign.   Coming home to announce.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next