Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I)

+40
Floyd Robertson
Death Roe
Ted Brogan
Nordic
Tim Wakefield
tanfan!
tGreenWay
Cameron
Travis of the Cosmos
BleacherSwill
CheesySpartan
tig ol bitties
Turtleneck
Giant Moose
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
DWags
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
Code_Warrior
tTito
CORNER BLITZ
Detnews
The Pantry
Blanch32
Watch Out Pylon!
GRR Spartan
pulling69
Nommad2
LoneWolfSparty
Rodeo Burger
kingstonlake
SpartanInNH
HT
gomersbro
Heat Miser
steveschneider
Herbie Green
Ass Dan
44 posters

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 24 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I)

Post by Guest 2016-05-25, 17:48

Spartans News ‏@SpartansMLive 1h1 hour ago
Michigan State's Cassius Winston invited to USA Basketball U18 training camp: From those 26 players, 12 will ...

Michigan State's Cassius Winston invited to USA Basketball U18 training camp
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 24 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I)

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-01, 17:37

Fans of Seton Hall, Syracuse and Michigan State have been waiting for about a month now for the decision of four-star power forward Taurean Thompson.

Must Read: MSU Recruiting: 5 reasons Taurean Thompson could commit

The Spartans offered the 2016 prospect following the decision of big Deyonta Davis to enter the NBA draft after just one collegiate season. It was a rare one-and-done player for Izzo, but he got to work, looking to replace Davis, Matt Costello, Javon Bess and Marvin Clark — the latter two decided to transfer.

With Taurean Thompson down to three schools, reportedly, the Spartans are trying to get him on campus for a visit soon. The decision of the four-star big man must come soon, so why not in the month of June, just a handful of weeks before he must enroll in classes for 2016?

Unfortunately for Michigan State, I don’t think he will be picking the Spartans — and that’s quite alright. While Thompson’s potential is through the roof and he’s a coveted prospect in which many top programs went after, the Spartans would be better off saving a scholarship for the loaded 2017 class anyways.

https://spartanavenue.com/2016/06/01/michigan-state-recruiting-5-bold-predictions-for-june/5/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-06-01, 19:50

Cassius Winston isn't much more than 6 feet, if that. Langford, on the other hand, looks huge. At least a legit 6'5, maybe 6'6
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-01, 19:58

Tim Wakefield wrote:Cassius Winston isn't much more than 6 feet, if that. Langford, on the other hand, looks huge. At least a legit 6'5, maybe 6'6

But can Winston shoot? Was he hitting the trash can with his napkins?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-02, 15:12

Wakie had the scoop on all of them yesterday.

Chris Solari ‏@chrissolari 36m36 minutes ago
MSU coach Tom Izzo said Wednesday both Langford & Cassius Winston are taking classes in the early summer session.

Dane Fife ‏@CoachDaneFife
#1 Joshua Langford has arrived. Please welcome our newest SpartanDawg. #GG

tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 24 Cj9z4BdW0AA-vJv
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-03, 09:47

Syracuse, N.Y. — Syracuse recruiting target Taurean Thompson will visit Michigan State and then make a college decision, according to Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv.

Thompson, a 6-10 forward who is among the Top 100 prospects in the 2016 class, is down to Syracuse, Seton Hall and Michigan State. The New York City native has visited Syracuse and Seton Hall on several occasions. He has not seen the Michigan State campus. The Spartans jumped into Thompson's recruitment late this spring.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2016/06/syracuse_basketball_target_taurean_thompson_to_visit_michigan_state_and_then_dec.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-06-03, 20:31

LooseGoose wrote:Wakie had the scoop on all of them yesterday.

Chris Solari ‏@chrissolari 36m36 minutes ago
MSU coach Tom Izzo said Wednesday both Langford & Cassius Winston are taking classes in the early summer session.

#1 Joshua Langford has arrived. Please welcome our newest SpartanDawg. #GG

tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 24 Cj9z4BdW0AA-vJv

tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 24 Tumblr_m3m6xfj4Ua1r3t7iv
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-04, 10:10

Question: Would you rather use the scholarship now or bank it for 2017?

Syracuse, N.Y. — Three basketball programs await a decision from Taurean Thompson and sooner or later the prized recruit is going to have to make that decision.

Thompson, a 6-10 forward, has narrowed his list down to three schools: Syracuse, Seton Hall and Michigan State.

On Thursday, Thompson told SNY.tv's Adam Zagoria that he would visit Michigan State and then make a decision. The New York City native has already visited Syracuse and Seton Hall on several occasions.

Thompson is an athletic, 6-foot-10 forward who spent last year at Brewster Academy in Wolfeboro, N.H. He is one of just two players in ESPN's Top 100 for this year's senior class who has yet to commit to a college.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2016/06/taurean_thompsons_choice_syracuse_michigan_state_or_seton_hall.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-06-04, 10:22

I think Izzo wants TT now. Size is needed.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-06-04, 11:06

Turtleneck wrote:
Question: Would you rather use the scholarship now or bank it for 2017?

Syracuse, N.Y. — Three basketball programs await a decision from Taurean Thompson and sooner or later the prized recruit is going to have to make that decision.

Thompson, a 6-10 forward, has narrowed his list down to three schools: Syracuse, Seton Hall and Michigan State.

On Thursday, Thompson told SNY.tv's Adam Zagoria that he would visit Michigan State and then make a decision. The New York City native has already visited Syracuse and Seton Hall on several occasions.

Thompson is an athletic, 6-foot-10 forward who spent last year at Brewster Academy in Wolfeboro, N.H. He is one of just two players in ESPN's Top 100 for this year's senior class who has yet to commit to a college.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2016/06/taurean_thompsons_choice_syracuse_michigan_state_or_seton_hall.html

If it were Deyonta, would you want to bank the schollie hoping for something better next year? Didn't think so.

It's a question that can't be answered unless you know how good this kid actually is.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-04, 11:08

Floyd Robertson wrote:I think Izzo wants TT now. Size is needed.

I think so, too. I do not think there is a need to hold onto the scholarship, especially since it is a big man. I think he will end up elsewhere, so the scholarship will likely get banked anyway. But you never know.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-06, 18:38

RSCI puts the 2016 class at #3.
https://sites.google.com/site/rscihoops/home/the-winners/2016-winners

The RSCI has been computing consensus recruiting rankings since 1998, and its numbers include individual player rankings from all of the major recruiting services. For the class of 2016, the RSCI took rankings from Rivals.com, Scout.com, ESPN, 247Sports, PrepStars and longtime recruiting analyst Van Coleman.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article81928102.html#storylink=cpy
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-06, 18:46

Turtleneck wrote:RSCI puts the 2016 class at #3.
https://sites.google.com/site/rscihoops/home/the-winners/2016-winners

The RSCI has been computing consensus recruiting rankings since 1998, and its numbers include individual player rankings from all of the major recruiting services. For the class of 2016, the RSCI took rankings from Rivals.com, Scout.com, ESPN, 247Sports, PrepStars and longtime recruiting analyst Van Coleman.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article81928102.html#storylink=cpy

But didn't get JJ, so the class is a total failure.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-07, 19:26

Michigan State Recruiting: Spartans gaining ground with Taurean Thompson?
https://spartanavenue.com/2016/06/06/michigan-state-recruiting-spartans-gaining-ground-with-taurean-thompson/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-06-07, 20:54

Turtleneck wrote:Michigan State Recruiting: Spartans gaining ground with Taurean Thompson?
https://spartanavenue.com/2016/06/06/michigan-state-recruiting-spartans-gaining-ground-with-taurean-thompson/

That guy, really likes, commas.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-06-07, 21:02

Stop me if...and MSU finishes 2nd...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-08, 16:18

Getting to know incoming freshmen on each top-25 team

The skilled and talented forward became Tom Izzo's first top-10 recruit (No. 8) since the Spartans landed Shannon Brown way back in 2003. Bridges is a 6-foot-7 Flint, Michigan native who chose Michigan State over Kentucky. He is a matchup nightmare because of his ability to score in a variety of ways. He can shoot it from deep, put it on the floor and post up. With the departures of Denzel Valentine, Bryn Forbes, Matt Costello and Deyonta Davis, there's a need for Bridges to come in and make an immediate impact. Don't be surprised if he's "the guy" early on in East Lansing. He's that good. -- Goodman

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/15999633/recruits-impact-top-25-college-basketball-teams
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-12, 00:21

Michigan State Recruiting: 5 reasons Taurean Thompson will commit
https://spartanavenue.com/2016/06/09/michigan-state-recruiting-5-reasons-taurean-thompson-will-commit/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-12, 00:23

Turtleneck wrote:Michigan State Recruiting: 5 reasons Taurean Thompson will commit
https://spartanavenue.com/2016/06/09/michigan-state-recruiting-5-reasons-taurean-thompson-will-commit/

What is this spartanavenue site? Are these professional writers or Hondo-level fanboys?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-12, 00:24

Michigan State awaits word from four-star forward Taurean Thompson
http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2016/06/michigan_state_awaits_word_fro.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-12, 00:28

I think it is kind of a mix; a free 247/network approach without the message boards and stalking of teenagers.

FanSided is one of the fastest growing network of fandom-focused sports, entertainment and lifestyle sites on the Internet.

FanSided is a family business, launched by two brothers who wanted to put their own spin on the coverage of their beloved Kansas City Chiefs.

Today, the company is a thriving collection of over 300 communities dedicated to bringing together fans to share their common passions.

FanSided believes everyone is a fan of something. That is why we’ve collected the most passionate, knowledgeable and dedicated editorial voices to lead our sites. Our thought-leading content creators belong to the fandoms they cover, giving our sites the best team-specific, sport-specific, genre-specific, and fanbase-specific coverage possible.

The results speak for themselves. FanSided has exploded in popularity in an era where people are using technology to connect, making it easy for fans to digest the content they want, when they want it across all of their favorite verticals.

And we’re just getting started.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-12, 00:38

CBB RECRUITING: What Taurean Thompson could add to Michigan State
http://www.todaysu.com/recruiting/cbb-recruiting/what-taurean-thompson-could-add-to-michigan-state/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-12, 00:42

Turtleneck wrote:I think it is kind of a mix; a free 247/network approach without the message boards and stalking of teenagers.

FanSided is one of the fastest growing network of fandom-focused sports, entertainment and lifestyle sites on the Internet.

FanSided is a family business, launched by two brothers who wanted to put their own spin on the coverage of their beloved Kansas City Chiefs.

Today, the company is a thriving collection of over 300 communities dedicated to bringing together fans to share their common passions.

FanSided believes everyone is a fan of something. That is why we’ve collected the most passionate, knowledgeable and dedicated editorial voices to lead our sites. Our thought-leading content creators belong to the fandoms they cover, giving our sites the best team-specific, sport-specific, genre-specific, and fanbase-specific coverage possible.

The results speak for themselves. FanSided has exploded in popularity in an era where people are using technology to connect, making it easy for fans to digest the content they want, when they want it across all of their favorite verticals.

And we’re just getting started.

Oh. Okay. Thanks.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-12, 11:37

To land Thompson, Seton Hall will have to find a way to open up two scholarships. So it might be down to Syracuse and Michigan State.

But in order to give a scholarship to Thompson, Seton Hall would need to have two players come off scholarship.

Syracuse and Michigan State, the other two schools among Thompson's list of finalists, bot have scholarships available. Syracuse currently has just eight scholarship players on its 2016-17 roster. Even with the NCAA's scholarship penalty against SU, that's still three under the limit.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2016/06/seton_hall_adds_wake_forest_transfer_do_the_pirates_have_room_for_taurean_thomps.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-12, 11:37

We seem like the clear easy choice TN.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-12, 11:39

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:We seem like the clear easy choice TN.

Welp, that virtually guarantees he's not committing to MSU. Nice work, OTPT.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-12, 11:40

tGreenWay wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:We seem like the clear easy choice TN.

Welp, that virtually guarantees he's not committing to MSU. Nice work, OTPT.

tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 24 502811600
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-13, 09:20

Michigan State Spartans Hoping to Add Final Piece with Taurean Thompson
http://www.btpowerhouse.com/recruiting/2016/6/13/11898986/michigan-state-basketball-recruiting-taurean-thompson-2016
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-15, 16:24

And Mr. Ward has arrived! #SpartanDawg #GG

tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 24 ClAunzYWkAAk0xX
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-15, 16:42

Was hoping to see a Thompson commitment when I opened this.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-15, 17:02

Turtleneck wrote:Was hoping to see a Thompson commitment when I opened this.

Seriously. WTF, Goose? Make it so.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-15, 22:19

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Was hoping to see a Thompson commitment when I opened this.

Mods, please ban Loose for 15 minutes and then undo the ban. That should be sufficient punishment.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-15, 22:28

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Seriously. WTF, Goose?  Make it so.  

Mods, please ban Loose for 15 minutes and then undo the ban. That should be sufficient punishment.

See ya in two years. tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 24 1966794946 tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 24 1966794946
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-15, 23:33

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Travis is good at handling fractional bans.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-15, 23:41

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Everything he handles is fractional.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-15, 23:55

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Heh.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-15, 23:58

Thompson, a top 75 recruit in the 2016 class, has narrowed his college choices down to Syracuse, Seton Hall and Michigan State. But Thompson, who has been very quiet regarding his recruiting, has yet to make a decision.

Thompson, a 6-foot-10 forward from New York City, attended Brewster Academy in Wolfeboro, N.H., last year. He has fielded offers from Xavier, Georgetown and Connecticut in addition to Syracuse and Seton Hall. Michigan State joined the list of suitors in late April. Thompson took his fifth and final official campus visit to Michigan State on June 5-6.

Over a week since the visit to East Lansing, there is still no word from Thompson.

It's extremely rare for a player of Thompson's status to push his college decision into the summer months. Thompson is the last player ranked in ESPN's Top 100 for the 2016 who has yet to make a commitment.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2016/06/taurean_thompsons_recruiting_situation_is_rare_but_syracuse_has_been_here_before.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-06-16, 00:00

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

tOfficial MSU Basketball Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 (Part I) - Page 24 Greenw10
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-06-18, 14:48

MSU has bowed out of the Thompson race, per Comp.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-06-18, 17:55

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:MSU has bowed out of the Thompson race, per Comp.

I'll be curious if we ever find out why.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next