Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have an outside shot at a share of a B1G title....

+19
Death Roe
Watch Out Pylon!
tTito
steveschneider
NigelUno
Toe
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
SeeRockCity
Wally Fairway
Travis of the Cosmos
Herbie Green
The_Dude
LoneWolfSparty
tTy
InTenSity
Blanch32
WhiteBoyHatcher
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

We have an outside shot at a share of a B1G title.... Empty We have an outside shot at a share of a B1G title....

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-02-23, 09:27

Long shot, but hear me out.

Wiscy 13-1 in Conference
MSU 10-4

Wiscy: @Maryland, vs. MSU, @Minny, @OSU
MSU: Minny, @Wiscy, Purdue, @IU

I could see Wiscy losing 2 of those 3 road games. Maryland and OSU are really tough at home. Between the 2 of them they only have 2 losses all year at home (Maryland vs. Virginia, OSU vs. Iowa).

If Maryland beats Wiscy tomorrow and we beat Minnesota and then are somehow able to go into Madison and win, we will be looking at a legit conference race.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

We have an outside shot at a share of a B1G title.... Empty Re: We have an outside shot at a share of a B1G title....

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-23, 09:29

Game in Madison for the title. Wow..... Only the sunniest blower would have predicted that over 2 weeks ago
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

We have an outside shot at a share of a B1G title.... Empty Re: We have an outside shot at a share of a B1G title....

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-23, 10:24

Blanch32 wrote:Game in Madison for the title.  Wow..... Only the sunniest blower would have predicted that over 2 weeks ago
Lemme get this straight. Someone who would have possibly predicted MSU to be in the situation they are currently in, in reality, would still be wrong?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-02-23, 10:27

The blower shit is so fucking RCMB played out. Jesus I can't believe people still latch on to that crap. I have no issue with tanfan but as I said in the first week I joined this board. Take that SB/DE shit back to the cock where it belongs.

Back to the topic, this thing could get interesting. Need some help from the Terps tomorrow night. BTW, if Maryland wins tomorrow, they look like a solid bet to win out. We would have to shoot for a 3 way tie with them and the Badgers.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-02-23, 10:29

#Matchups
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-02-23, 10:54

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The blower shit is so fucking RCMB played out. Jesus I can't believe people still latch on to that crap. I have no issue with tanfan but as I said in the first week I joined this board. Take that SB/DE shit back to the cock where it belongs.

Especially someone that claims to hate that place so much.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-23, 10:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The blower shit is so fucking RCMB played out. Jesus I can't believe people still latch on to that crap. I have no issue with tanfan but as I said in the first week I joined this board. Take that SB/DE shit back to the cock where it belongs.

Agreed. To make it some sort of a mindcrime to be optimistic about your team is stupid as fuck, which I guess explains why Tanner & Blanch cling to it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-23, 11:04

I like the optimism OP, but no we do not. If we only had 3 losses or Wisky had 2 losses, yes. 3 game difference with 4 games left is too much to overcome. Wisky isn't losing 3 of their last 4.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-02-23, 11:05

Is there any value in finishing 2nd instead of 3rd, etc.?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-02-23, 11:22

Herbie Green wrote:Is there any value in finishing 2nd instead of 3rd, etc.?

Just seeding for BTT.

3 seed would be nice because we likely would play Maryland in the semifinals (if we win our first game) vs. Wisconsin if we wind up with the 4 seed.

Assuming we don't tie with Maryland and Wisco for the regular season title.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-02-23, 11:30

The_Dude wrote:I like the optimism OP, but no we do not. If we only had 3 losses or Wisky had 2 losses, yes. 3 game difference with 4 games left is too much to overcome. Wisky isn't losing 3 of their last 4.

Too macro.

Wisconsin plays at #16 Maryland tomorrow. Maryland has only lost on their home floor to Virginia (pre Anderson injury). Maryland will probably be a small underdog, but I could see this game as a pick em.

We should be a 8 or 9 point favorite against Minnesota at home.

It's not that far fetched to imagine Wisconsin 10-2 and MSU 13-4 going into Madison. Can we win in Madison? Not sure. I think it's possible.

That would really put some heat on Wisconsin with 2 games to finish on the road and MSU and Maryland right on their heels.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-02-23, 11:33

Back to the topic, this thing could get interesting. Need some help from the Terps tomorrow night. BTW, if Maryland wins tomorrow, they look like a solid bet to win out. We would have to shoot for a 3 way tie with them and the Badgers.
288!!!! 2!!!!! Lolololololololol I got you good bitch
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2015-02-23, 12:29

Are you factoring in that Bo owns Izzo?

looking for Chitown_Badger to confirm this
(I know that BadgerNation was all about this, but it is several years since I've visited that cesshole)
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-02-23, 12:41

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

In or On? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What is this Vietnam?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-02-23, 12:43

We have an outside shot at a share of a B1G title.... 1486952199
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-02-23, 12:46

I don't think you're crazy. Will def need some help, but it's not out of this world to think Wisconsin has a chance to lose at @Maryland, @OSU, and vs MSU. Minny is no good this year, are they?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-02-23, 12:46

SeeRockCity wrote:

In or On?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  What is this Vietnam?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh yeah, and my all time favorite:

Anal!  Soooooooo funny after the first 1500 times.

Sorry, almost forgot the Forbin Jokes which are just fucking hilarious over and over and over again.

Okay, sorry, that's all.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-23, 12:51

SeeRockCity wrote:

Sorry, almost forgot the I am not creative Jokes which are just fucking hilarious over and over and over again.

Okay, sorry, that's all.
you seem upset..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-02-23, 12:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

Sorry, almost forgot the I am not creative Jokes which are just fucking hilarious over and over and over again.

Okay, sorry, that's all.
you seem upset..

If by "upset" you mean sporting a raging hard on, then okay, you win this round Bobby Sak.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-23, 12:55

SeeRockCity wrote:

If by "upset" you mean sporting a raging hard on, then okay, you win this round Bobby Sak.
bump..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-23, 12:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I don't think you're crazy. Will def need some help, but it's not out of this world to think Wisconsin has a chance to lose at @Maryland, @OSU, and vs MSU. Minny is no good this year, are they?
I don't think Minny is all that good this year. Those two are big rivals though, but I don't think it matters. I'm not even sure there is a team in the B1G who can deal with Kaminsky, except apparently Rutgers somehow.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-02-23, 12:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

bump..

Don't bump, you'll set it off.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-23, 12:57

SeeRockCity wrote:

Don't bump, you'll set it off.
We have an outside shot at a share of a B1G title.... 3434560931 We have an outside shot at a share of a B1G title.... 361471007
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-23, 12:59

InTenSity wrote:
Lemme get this straight. Someone who would have possibly predicted MSU to be in the situation they are currently in, in reality, would still be wrong?

Yes before the season, and yes before valentine valentine on valentine's day
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-23, 13:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The optimist shit is so fucking RCMB played out. Jesus I can't believe people still latch on to that crap. I have no issue with tanfan but as I said in the first week I joined this board. Take that SB/DE shit back to the cock where it belongs.

Fwiw, only blowers think the optimist "shit" is played out
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-23, 13:04

LooseGoose wrote:

Agreed. To make it some sort of a mindcrime to be optimistic about your team is stupid as fuck, which I guess explains why Tanner & Blanch cling to it.

Optimism is fine. Blind optimism is not. I seriously cannot stand for that. It tells me you don't know sport...like duffy
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-23, 13:06

SeeRockCity wrote:

Sorry, almost forgot the f0rbin Jokes which are just fucking hilarious over and over and over again.

Okay, sorry, that's all.

Rcmb logic:

If something is proven to be funny once, it will be funny forever.

Young kids share this same mindset
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-23, 13:07

Wisky somehow only plays MSU, OSU, Maryland, IU and Purdue once each this year. Neutral
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-02-23, 13:10

Blanch32 wrote:

Yes before the season, and yes before valentine valentine on valentine's day
Actually the metrics could have pointed towards MSU playing this well. You don't lead a P5 conference in a lot of defensive stats (or be in the top 3) and continue to lose. The biggest thing was the FT shooting. That can be fixed, and it appears as if something has happened to turn it around pretty drastically in the last 2 weeks. The offense will come and go, the defense can be consistent. 
Dawson is turning into a consistent beast. They are having fun now. Putting Tum Tum in, so far, has been a great move.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-02-23, 13:27

InTenSity wrote:
I don't think Minny is all that good this year. Those two are big rivals though, but I don't think it matters. I'm not even sure there is a team in the B1G who can deal with Kaminsky, except apparently Rutgers somehow.

We have an outside shot at a share of a B1G title.... 4113017228 Kaminsky didn't play vs Rutgers
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-23, 13:29

The_Dude wrote:Wisky somehow only plays MSU, OSU, Maryland, IU and Purdue once each this year. Neutral
Delaney..

oh, and officiating.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-02-23, 13:38

Blanch32 wrote:

Fwiw, only optimists think the optimist "shit" is played out

No, actually everyone in the entire fucking universe outside of you and tanfan think it's played out. I see you're displaying your standard lack of self awareness.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-23, 13:39

InTenSity wrote:
Actually the metrics could have pointed towards MSU playing this well. You don't lead a P5 conference in a lot of defensive stats (or be in the top 3) and continue to lose. The biggest thing was the FT shooting. That can be fixed, and it appears as if something has happened to turn it around pretty drastically in the last 2 weeks. The offense will come and go, the defense can be consistent. 
Dawson is turning into a consistent beast. They are having fun now. Putting Tum Tum in, so far, has been a great move.

FT shooting only protects leads, we need clutch scoring, and both trice and valentine have stepped up. Trice attacking off the dribble is certainly a new and welcomed development. Need to keep this coming with timely lops for Dawson
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-23, 13:42

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

No, actually everyone in the entire fucking universe outside of you and tanfan think it's played out. I see you're displaying your standard lack of self awareness.

Once the term doesn't strike a nerve in optimists, it's played out.

Take next year's football team for example. If anyone comes on here or there and says "12-0" without any insight then they be blowing DA sunshine.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-02-23, 13:55

It doesn't strike a nerve in me because I'm an optimist, it strikes a nerve in me because the same tools have been fighting over the same useless terms for 20 years on the old board and the old board sucks my taint. Most of the people here are here because they wanted something fresh. Not the same old shit rehashed ad nauseam.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-02-23, 14:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It doesn't strike a nerve in me because I'm an optimist, it strikes a nerve in me because the same tools have been fighting over the same useless terms for 20 years on the old board and the old board sucks my taint. Most of the people here are here because they wanted something fresh. Not the same old shit rehashed ad nauseam.

Incorrect. Most of us are on this board to relive the glory days, which also correspond to the sb de years.

That and sick of tech glitches.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-02-23, 14:33

SeeRockCity wrote:

What are you a moran??? Hahahahahhaha get it I spelled it wrong!!!! Lmaooooooooo just like the guy in the picture! Lolzlolzlolzlolz it is so original to our site too and not ripped off of about 1000 other sites!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-02-23, 14:47

SeeRockCity wrote:

What are you a moran??? Hahahahahhaha get it I spelled it wrong!!!! Lmaooooooooo just like the guy in the picture! Lolzlolzlolzlolz it is so original to our site too and not ripped off of about 1000 other sites!

No way WE STARTED IT!!!! Better take it back or I will UNLEASH THE POWER OF THE BOARD on you!!!!
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-02-23, 14:49

You're welcome for hijacking your thread WBH.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-02-23, 15:05

SeeRockCity wrote:You're welcome for hijacking your thread WBH.

We are the best at making fun of other people.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next