Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed

+23
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
xsanguine
Cameron
Rocinante
The_Dude
Blanch32
Gomer
Bizarro Fletch
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
NigelUno
The Pantry
DWags
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
SeeRockCity
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
Snake Plissken
Turtleneck
HT
Martin Spartan
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

God I miss having a poll option... tSwill swung and missed because

I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 8

I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 Empty Re: I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-01, 13:21

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

No subscription service is going to survive long term trying to control the release of news when anyone can get information instantly from Twatter, 10,000 news services, Christian Mingle, etc. They need to drop the notion that they're going to break any news and instead offer sound analysis of said news. But unfortunately that means retaining your "talent" for more than a month or two at a time.

I like Trevor and appreciate what he built for us turds. I really hope he got a big check upfront and not a cut of a mythical pie that may never actually exist.

To be honest, 247 could lock up more info behind a pay wall. It is not unusual to see rankings and commitments for free. But 247 gives you offer and target lists for free, as well timelines (of visits). Probably because they know this info is out there for free. However, offers and targets are hard to keep track of in football so they do a big service - by keeping it free - in the area of organizing information and making it digestible for the fans. What is not worth the money is the analysis. It seems like that is the big selling point, too. It seems like that is where they want you to think the "value added" comes into play. Whether we are talking predictions or actual analysis of a player, it is all a crap shoot and the latter is not even done by people that are truly qualified for the job.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2015-03-01, 13:23; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 Empty Re: I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2015-03-01, 13:21

InTenSity wrote:I can tell you this much. PBR isn't that great at fighting a cold.

You obviously haven't drank enough of it. Try harder.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-03-01, 13:24

NigelUno wrote:

Tanfan does not like you. That makes you OK in my book. Stick around.
Kinda funny. Forget what posts were exchanged, but there was a time on the pre-247 RCMB that I thought Tanfan and Martin Spartan were the same poster.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-03-01, 13:27

InTenSity wrote:I can tell you this much. PBR isn't that great at fighting a cold.

Dr. Pat's Hot Toddy Cold Remedy

I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 PicIAdFsD
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-03-01, 13:38

SpartanInNH wrote:

Dr. Pat's Hot Toddy Cold Remedy

I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 PicIAdFsD

I worked with a Mexican lady who told me the same recipe, except with tequila, and most the Cubans around here would say to do it with rum. Basically, the base recipe is the same, just the liquor changes based on nationalities.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Spartan 2015-03-01, 13:38

The Pantry wrote:Kinda funny. Forget what posts were exchanged, but there was a time on the pre-247 RCMB that I thought Tanfan and Martin Spartan were the same poster.

You have got to be fucking kidding, right? Jesus, that made my day.
Martin Spartan
Martin Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-03-01, 13:40

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

You obviously haven't drank enough of it. Try harder.

Working on it!

I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 Keg_stand
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-03-01, 14:00

Martin Spartan wrote:

You have got to be fucking kidding, right? Jesus, that made my day.
Dead serious. Again, forget exactly what the exchange was but you seemed to pop-in in support of one or more of Tanfan's ideologies. Wasn't until after the move to 247 that I realized you two were not the same poster and seemed to hate each others guts.

You were not a mod on the pre-247 board, correct?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Spartan 2015-03-01, 14:23

The Pantry wrote:Dead serious.  Again, forget exactly what the exchange was but you seemed to pop-in in support of one or more of Tanfan's ideologies.  Wasn't until after the move to 247 that I realized you two were not the same poster and seemed to hate each others guts.

You were not a mod on the pre-247 board, correct?

No I was not.  I don't recall ever standing behind that asshat but that was a long time ago, anything is possible.  I started a thread asking if he should be permabanned on the old board and he has hated me since.  The funny part is when I became a mod he thought I was targeting him.  That was about the time he went off the deep end.  Trevor requested I mod just the recruiting board initially so I let other do the heavy lifting when it came to tanny, but he was always convinced it was me.  I think I banned him 3 times, usually when he would start throwing around racial slurs(jewish related).
Martin Spartan
Martin Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-03-01, 14:36

The Pantry wrote:Kinda funny. Forget what posts were exchanged, but there was a time on the pre-247 RCMB that I thought Tanfan and Martin Spartan were the same poster.
I was sure of it too. I even checked IP's and they shared one at some point which made me even more sure.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Spartan 2015-03-01, 14:37

Gomer wrote:
Your 2 premium posters over there are currently discussing "Jewish animals". I think your post is tongue in cheek, and we're glad to have you stay awhile. But if you're just here to bust our balls, maybe get your house in order first.

A light busting of the balls. Actually more of a Dwight Howard caressing than a busting. Its not my house. Like most of the mods(I am assuming anyway based of the state of things) I have all but given up on keeping that house in order. Pointless with the tools we are given.
Martin Spartan
Martin Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Spartan 2015-03-01, 14:40

Snake Plissken wrote:I was sure of it too. I even checked IP's and they shared one at some point which made me even more sure.

Seriously?  I don't recall ever agreeing with him.  He wanted every thread to be about him or turn it into a DSF, I hated that. I think you guys are thinking of a different poster.  Back then I was probably posting under a different user name anyway.

Snake, you over here full time now?  If not you mod over there at all or just Lurk?

Last edited by Martin Spartan on 2015-03-02, 07:21; edited 1 time in total
Martin Spartan
Martin Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-03-01, 16:22

Martin Spartan wrote:

Seriously?  I don't recall ever agreeing with him.  He wanted every thread to be about him or turn it into a DSF, I hated that. I think you guys are thinking of a different poster.  Back then I was probably posting under m_sell31 anyway.

Snake, you over here full time now? If not you mod over there at all or just Lurk?
I Mod occasionally but I primarily stay over here.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-01, 20:52

Bizarro Fletch wrote:tSwill may be small in size, but it carries a big dong that it smacked upside the heads of supposed Internet baddasses Ghost and Tanfan and drove them back to the board they swore they would never return to.

And yet I thrive. Guess we all know the true definition of "premium" now.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-01, 20:55

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

No subscription service is going to survive long term trying to control the release of news when anyone can get information instantly from Twatter, 10,000 news services, Christian Mingle, etc. They need to drop the notion that they're going to break any news and instead offer sound analysis of said news. But unfortunately that means retaining your "talent" for more than a month or two at a time.

I like Trevor and appreciate what he built for us turds. I really hope he got a big check upfront and not a cut of a mythical pie that may never actually exist.

Dude should have straight up sold out and saved himself the embarrassment.

That or give premiums like us a cut of the action
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-01, 20:56

Bizarro Fletch wrote:tSwill may be small in size, but it carries a big dong that it smacked upside the heads of supposed Internet baddasses Ghost and Tanfan and drove them back to the board they swore they would never return to.

Twisted Evil
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-01, 20:59

Snake Plissken wrote:
I Mod occasionally but I primarily stay over here.

You bailed!!???? Why?? Thought that place was paradise for you
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-03-01, 21:12

Blanch32 wrote:

And yet I thrive.

I want this tattooed across my back.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-03-01, 21:28

Blanch32 wrote:

You bailed!!???? Why?? Thought that place was paradise for you

You really shouldn't think
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-03-01, 22:19

Okay, who are the 4 losers who actually voted on this lame poll? Show yourselves.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-03-02, 00:05

SpartanInNH wrote:Okay, who are the 4 losers who actually voted on this lame poll?  Show yourselves.

Just checked, wasn't me. The fact that you know there were four makes me think you were one of them.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-03-02, 00:07

DWags wrote:

I can think of two posters in particular who just turn me off from this site.   They are ubiquitous and have settled in like the Asian Carp have done to some river's in our eco system here.   I don't mind them sometimes, I think it's actually fun hunting those assholes with my 80lb self cocking pistol cross bow, but sometimes, you just want to sit on a river and relax without the constant fuckers jumping accross the bow of your boat.  

I'm sorry. I'll work on being more RCMB-like (overly sensitive and offended by everything except for '288', 'tanfan', and 'f0rbin')
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-03-02, 00:53

Swung and missed my ass. We are still here!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-02, 07:45

SeeRockCity wrote:

Nah, whatever.  It is what it is.   We're comfortable in our own skin here, most of the posters here probably chuckled at your post and moved on.

You're welcome to post here any time.  Mellow vibe, no spazzing.

Go Green!
GO WHITE!!!!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Spartan 2015-03-02, 08:59

The Pantry wrote:
Kinda funny.  Forget what posts were exchanged, but there was a time on the pre-247 RCMB that I thought Tanfan and Martin Spartan were the same poster.

Obviously you still have doubts as to whether or not I am tanfan(what was the point of a thread on tRCMB?)??? Does this answer your question?  If not I have 5 or 6 more.

I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 Tanfan13

Last edited by Martin Spartan on 2015-03-02, 10:01; edited 2 times in total
Martin Spartan
Martin Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-03-02, 09:02

I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 3003718628
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Spartan 2015-03-02, 10:13

NigelUno wrote:I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 3003718628

Here is a another for you Nigel I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 Tanfan14
Martin Spartan
Martin Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-02, 10:17

I'm not sure I understand what's going on in this thread.. Suspect
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-03-02, 10:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm not sure I understand what's going on in this thread.. Suspect

I'll take Angry PM's for $200.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-03-02, 10:24

Someone takes their internetin' verrrrry seriously.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Spartan 2015-03-02, 10:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm not sure I understand what's going on in this thread.. Suspect

I will summarize...

tSwill was pronounced a failure by Dan Kilbridge on tRCMB. I came to verify/troll.

No one took my troll bate .

I mentioned I expected to be ridiculed for posting(past experience with Tanfan here.

Pantry believes/believed I was a Tanfan schtick.

I am weirded out by said accusations and am trying to disprove.

Martin Spartan
Martin Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-03-02, 10:33

Martin Spartan wrote:

I will summarize...

tSwill was pronounced a failure by Dan Kilbridge on tRCMB. I came to verify/troll.

I mentioned I expected to be ridiculed for posting(past experience with Tanfan here.

Still not convinced. Post more angry PM's from Tanfan. I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2015-03-02, 10:34

Martin Spartan wrote:

Obviously you still have doubts as to whether or not I am tanfan(what was the point of a thread on tRCMB?)??? Does this answer your question?  If not I have 5 or 6 more.

I always get a kick out of a guy who sends PMs like that then preaching to others on the board that they take it too seriously. I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 502811600
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-03-02, 10:36

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

I always get a kick out of a guy who sends PMs like that then preaching to others on the board that they take it too seriously. I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 502811600

Don't tell him how to live his life!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-03-02, 10:38

Martin Spartan wrote:

I will summarize...

I was not ridiculed but welcomed and decided to stick around. Seems like a pretty cool place.

fixed
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Spartan 2015-03-02, 10:41

SeeRockCity wrote:

fixed

Quality edit, thanks. It is good to read some posts from some of my old favs like Floyd Robertson and Turtleneck.
Martin Spartan
Martin Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-03-02, 10:42

Martin Spartan wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

fixed

Quality edit, thanks. It is good to read some posts from some of my old favs like Floyd Robertson and Turtleneck.

I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 969504605
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-03-02, 10:47

Martin Spartan wrote:

Quoting to see if this is the old UserName trick.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-02, 11:01

I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 502811600
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-03-02, 11:38

Martin Spartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Kinda funny.  Forget what posts were exchanged, but there was a time on the pre-247 RCMB that I thought Tanfan and Martin Spartan were the same poster.

Martin Spartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 3003718628

Here is a another for you Nigel I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 Tanfan14

I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 502811600 Tanny is sooooo pathetic. These pics should be the standard response to all his posts...and Roc should tweet them. I read yesterday that tSwill swung and missed - Page 2 1966794946 #eviscerated.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next