Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I was concerned about the refs and boy was I right

+13
By-Tor
Rocinante
tig ol bitties
SpartanInNH
GirbaudJeans
WhiteBoyHatcher
Turtleneck
Herbie Green
Blanch32
InTenSity
kingstonlake
The_Dude
steveschneider
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I was concerned about the refs and boy was I right Empty I was concerned about the refs and boy was I right

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-04, 20:27

Refs were a disgrace tonight. The two foul calls on Dawson sucked the air out of our come back.

So many missed calls, Clark getting hammered no call, Jones way over the baseline on the inbound pass no call, the ball going out of bound on duke and the refs blowing it.

Game was fixed, America wants Kentucky vs. Duke $$$$$ . Wisconsin is going to get screwed next.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

I was concerned about the refs and boy was I right Empty Re: I was concerned about the refs and boy was I right

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-04, 20:32

Lol
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

I was concerned about the refs and boy was I right Empty Re: I was concerned about the refs and boy was I right

Post by kingstonlake 2015-04-04, 20:42

Is this mgoblog?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-04-04, 20:43

Foul throw discrepancy. Those that laugh probably thought the nba was clean ten years ago.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-04, 20:46

InTenSity wrote:Foul throw discrepancy. Those that laugh probably thought the nba was clean ten years ago.

The two calls on Dawson and then the punch to tryces balls did us in. They had serious momentum and it came crashing down. There.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-04-04, 20:47

I'm going to withhold comment until I see how this wisky game plays out.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-04, 20:51

Hopefully Eron Harris can breakdown the defense and take his guy 1v1.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-04, 20:51

Tonight's game reminded me of game 7 Sacramento vs La
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-04, 21:38

Game would have been called fairer in Cameron. Fuck Indianapolis
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-04-04, 21:49

I would like to see replays of the 10 out of bounds calls that all went Duke's way. But it might just be my bitter bias. Dawson's 3rd was definitely bs I know that much but I don't know if that can explain 20 points. But the game was definitely fixed
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-04, 21:59

The_Dude wrote:Hopefully Eron Harris can breakdown the defense and take his guy 1v1.

Look who is posting. Head back to MgoBoard please.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-04, 22:10

Turtleneck wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Hopefully Eron Harris can breakdown the defense and take his guy 1v1.

No butthurt plz
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-04, 22:20

Says the guy that only shows up when things go bad.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-04-04, 22:28

The_Dude wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

No butthurt plz
Jump head first in quicksand. You are a horrible human being. Never reproduce.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-04, 22:37

InTenSity wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

No butthurt plz

You are handling the loss well I see.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-04-04, 22:48

The_Dude wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I'm good with the loss. You have no value to the human race. Slitting your wrists would be an overall upgrade to all of humanity. Or go back to mgoblow.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-04, 22:50

InTenSity wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

I'm good with the loss. You have no value to the human race. Slitting your wrists would be an overall upgrade to all of humanity. Or go back to mgoblow.

Put down the bottle and go to bed
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-04-04, 22:56

The_Dude wrote:
InTenSity wrote: I'm good with the loss. You have no value to the human race. Slitting your wrists would be an overall upgrade to all of humanity. Or go back to mgoblow.

Put down the bottle and go to bed
Other than you, no one disagrees with me.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-04-04, 22:57

GTFO. Duke was better than we were, plain and simple. There were some weird calls but we were already down 15 at the time. Not even relevant. Guess what happens when your best perimeter player is 6'0 and he's trying to make offense against someone 6'3 who can stick with him every step out to 30 feet. It's not good.

I hate it, but we weren't good enough. No conspiracy. No amount of hear was big enough to overcome the talent discrepancy. Starting to really hate this sport.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-04, 23:00

Eron Harris should be a nice upgrade in talent. Him and Denzel should be awesome. If Tum can learn to finish and develop a decent shot out backcourt will be better.

This day and age you need to get to the rim. Ranking north of 300 in FT attempts is asinine.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans 2015-04-05, 08:58

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Starting to really hate this sport.

Finally
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-04-05, 09:26

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:GTFO. Duke was better than we were, plain and simple. There were some weird calls but we were already down 15 at the time. Not even relevant. Guess what happens when your best perimeter player is 6'0 and he's trying to make offense against someone 6'3 who can stick with him every step out to 30 feet. It's not good.

I hate it, but we weren't good enough. No conspiracy. No amount of hear was big enough to overcome the talent discrepancy. Starting to really hate this sport.

I was with you, right up until the last sentence. The two foul calls on Dawson sucked out loud, Travis gets whacked in the balls and it's "good, hard D," but if I took the time, I bet I'd find non-calls on us that Duke fans would have screamed about if we'd won.

Still, don't hate the sport. We just had to keep up our hot start, or at least clamp down on them defensively when they started to get looks. Didn't happen. It's Easter Sunday, and Izzo is rising. 'Nuff said.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-05, 09:41

SpartanInNH wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:GTFO. Duke was better than we were, plain and simple. There were some weird calls but we were already down 15 at the time. Not even relevant. Guess what happens when your best perimeter player is 6'0 and he's trying to make offense against someone 6'3 who can stick with him every step out to 30 feet. It's not good.

I was with you, right up until the last sentence. The two foul calls on Dawson sucked out loud, Travis gets whacked in the balls and it's "good, hard D," but if I took the time, I bet I'd find non-calls on us that Duke fans would have screamed about if we'd won.

Still, don't hate the sport. We just had to keep up our hot start, or at least clamp down on them defensively when they started to get looks. Didn't happen. It's Easter Sunday, and Izzo is rising. 'Nuff said.

Here's the thing:

Either duke completely out played us and we were the worst final four team in a decade who only plays bill laimbeer video game ball or the refs were simply not going to allow the chance of an all bug ten final
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-05, 09:46

Blanch32 wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:

Or Duke has 3 lottery picks and constantly attacked. Trice had multiple chances to attack but he didn't.

Izzo realizes he needs to adapt to the game of he wants a second natty. I think this fuels him.

Here's the thing:

Either duke completely out played us and we were the worst final four team in a decade who only plays bill laimbeer video game ball or the refs were simply not going to allow the chance of an all bug ten final
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-05, 09:54

Game was cut to 13 and Spartans were heating up.
Two terrible calls put Dawson on the bench and got the lead back to 15.

Both of Dawson's plays would have gotten the ball back for the Spartans and if they score they cut the lead to 11 or 10.

Next time Spartans get the ball that little fucking block head tyus jones injures trice and sends him to the tunnel.

Doesn't help when your two best players are pretty much put out of the game.

Also, first half clark did drive to the basket and got hammered no caqll. Winslow took like 5 steps one drive to the basket when duke started to go ahead no travel call. Another play on the in bounds the duke player was over the baseline no call.

Sure Duke was the better team, and hats off to Coach K he did it again but we got no help from the refs that game they were just awful.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-05, 10:03

steveschneider wrote:Game was cut to 13 and Spartans were heating up.
Two terrible calls put Dawson on the bench and got the lead back to 15.

Both of Dawson's plays would have gotten the ball back for the Spartans and if they score they cut the lead to 11 or 10.

Next time Spartans get the ball that little fucking block head tyus jones injures trice and sends him to the tunnel.

Doesn't help when your two best players are pretty much put out of the game.

Also, first half clark did drive to the basket and got hammered no caqll. Winslow took like 5 steps one drive to the basket when duke started to go ahead no travel call. Another play on the in bounds the duke player was over the baseline no call.

Sure Duke was the better team, and hats off to Coach K he did it again but we got no help from the refs that game they were just awful.

The out of bounds calls were frustrating Duke got the ball by my count 3 times when they shouldn't have. Plus Wisky got it twice late vs us in the champ game.

However the game was over. MSU wasn't coming back against Duke from 20 down. We could have made the final score closer though.

Impossible to come back when the other team lives at the line.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties 2015-04-05, 10:20

1. If you believe that these games are fixed, you should probably just quit watching sports. The amount of times that I have seen conspiracies against MSU / talk of MSU getting screwed by refs is mind boggling.

2. College refs are in over their head. Have been for years. Not sure there is a solution to this problem.

3. Izzo is great, but the game is changing. Have to change the stigma of football on a basketball court. play D with your hips like the teams that don't get called for a ton of fouls.

4. Gotta attack more.

Dawson faded away too many times. I love DV, but all of his drives end in a spin move with a floater.
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-04-05, 10:53

SpartanInNH wrote:

Hating the sport was sort of a metaphor for hating what the NBA early entry rule and the NCAA infractions committee/NCAA in general have done to the recruiting game. I still like the sport in between the baselines, though it needs some improvements. And I do think college officiating is terrible. But in no way did we get jobbed last night. My point was we aren't playing on a level field with Duke and Kentucky and while the stars might align perfectly once in a decade for us as they did last year, when we can actually roll out a roster that is as talented as those squads....they are going to do it every SINGLE year, unless something drastic changes with the early entry rule/recruiting game.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-05, 10:55

SpartanInNH wrote:

We were wistled for 28 fouls, what's left to look at, pregame handshakes?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-05, 10:58

The_Dude wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Or Duke has 3 lottery picks and constantly attacked. Trice had multiple chances to attack but he didn't.

Izzo realizes he needs to adapt to the game of he wants a second natty. I think this fuels him.

Here's the thing:

Yes we needed to get to tgd basket more, but that wasn't in the game plan. We literally were unprepared for dukes extended d which was redic.

Now duke was allowed to hack away and draw insane charges so that makes it tough too
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-05, 11:24

Come on man. How many shots within 6 feet of the basket missed? Was that on the refs?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-05, 15:33

Rocinante wrote: Come on man. How many shots within 6 feet of the basket missed? Was that on the refs?

That's when you know you season is done. However those shots are harder when youre getting bumped for 30 str8 secs....tough to have the energy to finish when the other team isn't getting called for anything
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-05, 16:12

Blanch32 wrote:
Rocinante wrote: Come on man. How many shots within 6 feet of the basket missed? Was that on the refs?

That's when you know you season is done. However those shots are harder when youre getting bumped for 30 str8 secs....tough to have the energy to finish when the other team isn't getting called for anything

Multiple times Zel and Trice could have attacked and they simply did't. Highlighted by Trice twice on the fast break with a lane to the basket passing the ball.

The one thing I like about Ellis is he drives to the hoop. He did that against UVA and got stuffed by a great defender but damn at least he attacks.

Is their any chance he can improve? He's a good enough athlete but you can't teach his attack mentality.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2015-04-06, 01:13

I've been arguing on the cock the same thing. The talent disparity is enormous. Even George McFly who played like 10 minutes for Duke is a McDAA player.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-06, 07:46

By-Tor wrote:

I've been arguing on the cock the same thing. The talent disparity is enormous. Even George McFly who played like 10 minutes for Duke is a McDAA player.

Talent looks more talented when they can be physical while the other team cannot. Sorry but talent is NOT the reason Duke won Saturday night
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-04-06, 08:30

Blanch32 wrote:Sorry but talent is NOT the reason Duke won Saturday night

Quoted for stupidity.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-06, 08:33

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:Sorry but talent is NOT the reason Duke won Saturday night

Quoted for stupidity.

Its just not. Perceived talent by the officials was the reason for 37 FTS and every loose ball
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-04-06, 08:42

Blanch32 wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Quoted for stupidity.

Its just not. Perceived talent by the officials was the reason for 37 FTS and every loose ball

That's a little more sensible. The way the game was called didn't help at all, but if you couldn't see the talent gap at every position I can't help you.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-04-06, 08:46

Man, starting to think Bobby Sak is on to something. This is really a thing? We were jobbed by the officials? Wow.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-06, 08:58

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

That's a little more sensible. The way the game was called didn't help at all, but if you couldn't see the talent gap at every position I can't help you.

Duke shot 20% from three...just saying....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next