Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we complain about the refs even though MSU won?

+10
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
Blanch32
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Code_Warrior
Nordic
DWags
Rocinante
14 posters

Go down

Can we complain about the refs even though MSU won? Empty Can we complain about the refs even though MSU won?

Post by Rocinante 2015-12-06, 11:23

That holding call and that OPI call were horrible and drive killers.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Can we complain about the refs even though MSU won? Empty Re: Can we complain about the refs even though MSU won?

Post by DWags 2015-12-06, 11:33

I was hoping Bob was reviewing film and compiling a list of grievances for Monday, but yeah, those calls were horrible.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Can we complain about the refs even though MSU won? Empty Re: Can we complain about the refs even though MSU won?

Post by Nordic 2015-12-06, 11:35

Two big holding calls and two 15-yard offensive PI calls
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-12-06, 11:46

Yes, I think the officiating was bad. However, it hasn't been good anywhere in college or pro football for the last several years, so I don't see it as anything specially reserved for MSU.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-06, 11:50

You don't have to ask for permission to talk about things on this website. That's what freedom is.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-12-06, 12:03

I thought the officials let both sides play. There was a lot of contact by receivers and defenders all night. Nothing like the umaa game where one team was allowed to clutch and grab all game while the other couldn't lay a finger on anyone.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-12-06, 19:47

GRR Spartan wrote:I thought the officials let both sides play. There was a lot of contact by receivers and defenders all night. Nothing like the umaa game where one team was allowed to clutch and grab all game while the other couldn't lay a finger on anyone.

Yea the stats don't back you up on that
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-12-06, 20:42

Pre-Bob bump.

Those offensive PI calls were horrible.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-06, 20:50

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Pre-Bob bump.

Those offensive PI calls were horrible.

I'm telling you, while we were all out drinking and celebrating, Bob was busy breaking down every play, watching all 22 men on each play. Re-running the film 22 times on each play.

He will have a list of grievances we can label "pre-Bama excuses".
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-12-07, 01:17

F that burb illegal touching bullshit call. There was contact just like in the NEB game, we got fucked by the same rule/call in two different ways
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-07, 07:48

I agree that the officiating sucked... but not only were our fine young men able to overcome the officiating, but we also were able to persevere through Delaney and ESPN.

GO GREEN!!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-12-07, 07:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I agree that the officiating sucked... but not only were our fine young men able to overcome the officiating, but we also were able to persevere through Delaney and ESPN.

GO GREEN!!

:secret:The game was on Fox.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-07, 08:05

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I agree that the officiating sucked... but not only were our fine young men able to overcome the officiating, but we also were able to persevere through Delaney and ESPN.

GO GREEN!!

:secret:The game was on Fox.
oh, I know, dude.. I watched it. All of it.

GO GREEN!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-12-07, 13:37

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:F that burb illegal touching bullshit call. There was contact just like in the NEB game, we got fucked by the same rule/call in two different ways
I have less of a problem with that than a lot of other plays in the game. The defender did not push AB out. He chucked him earlier in the route, but Burbridge easily stayed in bounds. They both touched hands like a high five after that, but that didn't push AB out. And I get why this was reviewable, but the Nebraska one wasn't (since the refs never claimed that there was contact in this case). It's a stupid rule and stupid distinction, but at least they handled it within the fucked up way that the rule is supposedly written. The Nebraska one was such a clusterfuck because the official claimed contact that wasn't there, thus nullifying the ability to review it.

The offensive holding by Iowa was brutal, especially on Shalique and the other DEs. I remember one specifically that resulted in a first down (I think a run by the QB) where the OL flat out tackled the DE from behind. Honestly, I think this is why we bullrushed the QB on the second to last play (and had McDowell at one of the ends to have more power on a bullrush). Because we knew that if we did speed rush/moves, they'd just tackle us as we got around the lineman and no flag would be thrown. The bullrush takes holding out of the equation to an extent.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-12-07, 13:56

Should have Bullough got a targeting call?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-12-07, 14:59

no
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-12-07, 19:08

Since when does victory negate grievance? Hell, yeah, bitch away. Those assholes pissed me the fuck off.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down