Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izzo: "I have to recruits guys that can drive and get fouled"

+6
GRR Spartan
SpartanInNH
HT
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
The_Dude
10 posters

Go down

Izzo: "I have to recruits guys that can drive and get fouled" Empty Izzo: "I have to recruits guys that can drive and get fouled"

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-05, 00:20

Pretty much his exact words post game. Saying it sucks but its the way the game is now.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Izzo: "I have to recruits guys that can drive and get fouled" Empty Re: Izzo: "I have to recruits guys that can drive and get fouled"

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-04-05, 00:23

He's a total failure. On to the NBA, please. Post haste.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Izzo: "I have to recruits guys that can drive and get fouled" Empty Re: Izzo: "I have to recruits guys that can drive and get fouled"

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-05, 00:25

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:He's a total failure. On to the NBA, please. Post haste.

Let's not overreact.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-05, 00:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:He's a total failure. On to the NBA, please. Post haste.

The game has passed Izzo by.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-05, 07:02

Scrap the program. If we can only get to Final Fours and not win there, why bother?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-04-05, 07:39

Yeah, but how long is it going to take before our roster can actually do that?
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-04-05, 09:38

HT wrote:Yeah, but how long is it going to take before our roster can actually do that?

Next season.

Michigan State's Eron Harris remains big help
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-04-05, 09:42

Trouble with that is it will do no good against teams like Duke who are trained to flop.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-05, 09:45

Izzo is 3-17 vs duke and North Carolina.

If he wants to win that elusive second title I think he's spot on. I do think next years team makes a good run and should be improved over this years team.

Both duke and Wisconsin were able to create so much offense off of the dribble. Just by being able to drive you create opportunity or the likelihood of getting fouled.

Great season and thank you trice and Dawson.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-05, 09:47

GRR Spartan wrote:Trouble with that is it will do no good against teams like Duke who are trained to flop.

Both Wisconsin and Duke flopped in their final four games and drew calls.

Lebron flops as well. It's an effective strategy can't fault teams for doing it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-05, 09:48

steveschneider wrote:Izzo is 3-17 vs duke and North Carolina.

If he wants to win that elusive second title I think he's spot on. I do think next years team makes a good run and should be improved over this years team.

Both duke and Wisconsin were able to create so much offense off of the dribble. Just by being able to drive you create opportunity or the likelihood of getting fouled.

Exactly. We all love Trice but he's not a PG. Izzo put lipstick on a pig this tourney.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-05, 10:07

Of course part of the reason Duke is able to drive is because of Okafor.

Duke was able to take away one-on-one matchups on the perimeter because they did not have to worry about a significant inside scoring threat. That meant Duke could trap that ball handler and otherwise lock down the perimeter. This obviously made it hard for MSU to do much of anything with the ball.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-05, 10:15

Turtleneck wrote:

Of course part of the reason Duke is able to drive is because of Okafor.

Duke was able to take away one-on-one matchups on the perimeter because they did not have to worry about a significant inside scoring threat. That meant Duke could trap that ball handler and otherwise lock down the perimeter. This obviously made it hard for MSU to do much of anything with the ball.

You have a solid point. I'd have to review the game, but looked like Duke was driving with Okafur on the floor or on the bench. Even that white kid was getting to the basket (wide open looks) and that was created off the dribble.

Izzo should get out in front of Swanigan, and closed the deal.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-04-05, 10:16

IZZO will figure this shit out. Till then, I'm grateful to read all the great advice he gets from ex high school
Players.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-05, 10:19

DWags wrote:IZZO will figure this shit out.  Till then, I'm grateful to read all the great advice he gets from ex high school
Players.  

Sorry about discussing basketball. What would you like us to discuss? Just tell us.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-05, 15:35

GRR Spartan wrote:Trouble with that is it will do no good against teams like Duke who are trained to flop.

This. Terrible terrible charge calls last night and not a damn thing on okaefor
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-05, 15:37

The dude from WVU should help
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-05, 16:17

SpartanInNH wrote:
HT wrote:Yeah, but how long is it going to take before our roster can actually do that?

Next season.

Michigan State's Eron Harris remains big help

Love this quote:

"At this point my ballhandling is the best it's ever been and I feel so comfortable with the ball," he said. "My defense is something I've really been trying to improve on and which I have improved."

Zel and Eron could be a top 5 backcourt nationally next year.

Whether or not we can win a natty next year is if our front court is up to snuff. Costello/Schilling/Wolly is just not good enough to win it all. We need one of them to really step up on offense and Deyonta just needs to get putbacks/rebound.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-08, 10:40

Kevin Pauga ‏@KevinPauga 19m19 minutes ago

Of the 17 teams to beat Tom Izzo in the NCAA Tournament, 12 played in the Final Four, 8 played in the final, & 4 won National Championship.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down