Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grill masters: Half and half grill charcoal and gas? For the cottage:

+8
NigelUno
tanfan!
Motown Spartan
Turtleneck
Heat Miser
The Pantry
xsanguine
DWags
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Grill masters:  Half and half grill charcoal and gas?  For the cottage: Empty Grill masters: Half and half grill charcoal and gas? For the cottage:

Post by DWags 2015-04-10, 23:49

Piece of shit or worth it? TIA
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Grill masters:  Half and half grill charcoal and gas?  For the cottage: Empty Re: Grill masters: Half and half grill charcoal and gas? For the cottage:

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-11, 00:22

Gas?

C'mon, man...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Grill masters:  Half and half grill charcoal and gas?  For the cottage: Empty Re: Grill masters: Half and half grill charcoal and gas? For the cottage:

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-11, 00:41

The only acceptable combination of gas and a charcoal grill is the Weber Performer.  The propane is only used to start the charcoal, preferably hardwood lump.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-11, 00:43

I wish I was this particular about how my meals are prepared.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-11, 00:47

Will one of those help me make my cold quinoa salad?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-11, 00:48

Heat Miser wrote:I wish I was this particular about how my meals are prepared.
You're missing out

Grill masters:  Half and half grill charcoal and gas?  For the cottage: 20150314
Grill masters:  Half and half grill charcoal and gas?  For the cottage: 20150313
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-11, 00:50

The Pantry wrote:
You're missing out

Unfortunately, meh. I can get 75% there with 25% of the effort in my oven. Grill masters:  Half and half grill charcoal and gas?  For the cottage: 2599972566[/quote]
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-11, 00:52

Less than 50%
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-11, 00:53

Have your taste buds gone dull?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-11, 00:54

Heat Miser wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
You're missing out

Unfortunately, meh. I can get 75% there with 25% of the effort in my oven. Grill masters:  Half and half grill charcoal and gas?  For the cottage: 2599972566

That's actually very true.

The thing is, I just can't seem to give up that last 25%... it's too important to me.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-11, 00:57

If you're gonna do it in the oven you minus well just boil it.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-11, 01:01

The Pantry wrote:If you're gonna do it in the oven you minus well just boil it.

I hear you, but broiling & convection roasting have to do when you live in a condo & grilling is a PITA. It's the price you pay for living in paradise.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-11, 01:03

Heat Miser wrote:

I hear you, but broiling & convection roasting have to do when you live in a condo & grilling is a PITA. It's the price you pay for living in paradise.
That would suck. I feel your pain.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-11, 01:03

My new favorite thing (not new as my mother cooked this way when I was a kid) is the crockpot.

A roast in for 8 hours... amazing.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-11, 01:06

xsanguine wrote:My new favorite thing (not new as my mother cooked this way when I was a kid) is the crockpot.

Again, I can get 75% of the results with 25% of the effort baking or roasting. [sad trombone]

I'm just not that much into food. Grill masters:  Half and half grill charcoal and gas?  For the cottage: 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-11, 01:08

Heat Miser wrote:
xsanguine wrote:My new favorite thing (not new as my mother cooked this way when I was a kid) is the crockpot.

Again, I can get 75% of the results with 25% of the effort baking or roasting. [sad trombone]

I'm just not that much into food. Grill masters:  Half and half grill charcoal and gas?  For the cottage: 2599972566

What more has to be done in a crock pot than an oven?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-11, 01:11

xsanguine wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

The cleanup is a PITA.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-11, 01:12

Crockpot roasts are excellent during the winter. I already put the crockpot away for the summer.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-11, 01:13

Heat Miser wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

The cleanup is a PITA.
WTF are you talking about? It's basically a one pot meal.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-11, 01:15

The Pantry wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

The cleanup is a PITA.
WTF are you talking about? It's basically a one pot meal.

That giant pot is a PITA to clean. Yes, I am ashamed.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-11, 01:21

Heat Miser wrote:
The Pantry wrote:WTF are you talking about? It's basically a one pot meal.

But, it's no bigger than a roasting pan you would put in the oven...?

Besides, doesn't your wife wash the dishes? Grill masters:  Half and half grill charcoal and gas?  For the cottage: 506486848
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-11, 01:23

Spatchcocked chickens

Grill masters:  Half and half grill charcoal and gas?  For the cottage: 08-31-10

Grill masters:  Half and half grill charcoal and gas?  For the cottage: 08-30-10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-11, 01:32

Now those birds look tasty.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-11, 01:33

The Pantry wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
The Pantry wrote:WTF are you talking about? It's basically a one pot meal.

But, it's no bigger than a roasting pan you would put in the oven...?

Besides, doesn't your wife wash the dishes? Grill masters:  Half and half grill charcoal and gas?  For the cottage: 506486848

I didn't marry her for her domestic prowess.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-11, 01:40

xsanguine wrote:Now those birds look tasty.
They were awesome.  Did them in the WSM like this turkey.  

Grill masters:  Half and half grill charcoal and gas?  For the cottage: 11-28-10

Nice crispy skin and juicy as hell. You don't get that in an oven.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-11, 01:42

Heat Miser wrote:
The Pantry wrote:But, it's no bigger than a roasting pan you would put in the oven...?

Eat out often?

:rimshot: ?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-11, 01:47

The Pantry wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
The Pantry wrote:But, it's no bigger than a roasting pan you would put in the oven...?

Eat out often?

:rimshot: ?

Yes & yes.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2015-04-11, 07:55

Heat Miser wrote:

That doesn't sound like paradise at all.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-04-11, 07:59

Heats too busy engaging in the lifestyle to bother cooking. Miami baby.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-11, 08:18

DWags wrote:Piece of shit or worth it? TIA

Here is my rule. I just made it up.

If most of the stuff you grill takes 15 minutes or less, go with gas. More than that, go with charcoal.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-04-11, 11:38

The Pantry wrote:
You're missing out

Grill masters:  Half and half grill charcoal and gas?  For the cottage: 20150314
Grill masters:  Half and half grill charcoal and gas?  For the cottage: 20150313
You know those chickens are available for purchase at Costco for $4.99 already cooked and delicious?!? No idea why anyone would spend 4 hours of their day roasting over shitty charcoal.

The only people who think charcoal is a good cooking option are extremely bored and have nothing better to do.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-04-11, 11:54

Marc Summers wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
You're missing out

You know those chickens are available for purchase at Costco for $4.99 already cooked and delicious?!? No idea why anyone would spend 4 hours of their day roasting over shitty charcoal.

The only people who think charcoal is a good cooking option are extremely bored and have nothing better to do.

Yeah, sucks hanging out with friends and family enjoying the day while slow cooking dinner and having some beer or whatever enjoying the backyard or cottage after a horrible winter. I can see where you're coming from. Damn friends and family just get in the way.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-11, 12:31

Marc Summers wrote:

And, once again, you have proved you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, Nuck.

1) Costco chickens are not smoked (pecan is an awesome wood for poultry)
2) The pictured chickens took an hour and 15 minutes (turkey was 16# and took less than 3 hours...less time than if done conventionally in the oven)
3) Enjoy your Costco chickens because you probably have a difficult time boiling water
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-11, 13:38

Lots of murder is this thread.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-11, 14:03

Turtleneck wrote:Lots of murder is this thread.
They were quick and painless. If you want, I can post longer and more torturous murders
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-11, 14:17

Sure. Post all of your murders, murderer.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-11, 15:09

Pig murder

Grill masters:  Half and half grill charcoal and gas?  For the cottage: 09-06-10

Grill masters:  Half and half grill charcoal and gas?  For the cottage: 09-06-11

Grill masters:  Half and half grill charcoal and gas?  For the cottage: 09-06-12
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-04-11, 15:21

DWags wrote:
Marc Summers wrote:

Yeah, sucks hanging out with friends and family enjoying the day while slow cooking dinner and having some beer or whatever enjoying the backyard or cottage after a horrible winter. I can see where you're coming from. Damn friends and family just get in the way.
Hanging out in the backyard is fun, if the alternative is sitting inside watching TV.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-04-11, 15:41

Honestly, I'd probably just go charcoal only. Not much is better than sitting on the deck, overlooking the lake, and just relaxing with your buddies as you're slow-cooking some delicious ribs in a charcoal smoker, or cooking up some burgers and sausages over charcoal, accompanied with an ice cold beer.

Dammit, I can't wait to go to my family's cottage now.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-04-11, 15:51

DWags wrote:Piece of shit or worth it? TIA

POS on the combo grill.

It's your cottage. Get a Weber Performer and a chimney starter . Go to Gordon Foods and use their hardwood coals.

If it's too damned cold for charcoal it's too damned cold at the lake. That's when you go out.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next