Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medical scholly for Hatch

+13
75alum
DWags
Herbie Green
Heat Miser
Other Teams Pursuing That
kingstonlake
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
Turtleneck
Giant Moose
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Medical scholly for Hatch Empty Medical scholly for Hatch

Post by NigelUno Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:56 am

That's not going to go over well.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Medical scholly for Hatch Empty Re: Medical scholly for Hatch

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:00 am

I don't even know who Hatch is and I'm upset by it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:05 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't even know who Hatch is and I'm upset by it.

Brent Yarina@BTNBrentYarina 1m1 minute ago
Two-time plane crash survivor Austin Hatch to transition to undergraduate student assistant - http://wp.me/p1MmDU-2cFf 
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:08 am

I think he was that fat guy who won Survivor.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:11 am

Making room for Jaylen Brown. Where is the "Beilein is a good guy" crowd now? I love how UM plays up that story, and when nobody is looking tells the kid to pack up his locker.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:17 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Two-time plane crash survivor Austin Hatch to transition to undergraduate student assistant - http://wp.me/p1MmDU-2cFf 
cool.. thanks. Good for him.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:26 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I think his family died in one, and then his step family died in the other. So on one hand, he was lucky to survive two crashes. OTOH, the rest of his family is dead.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:26 am

SEC.....lol, this is precious. They've been swearing on MGoBlow for weeks that BeeLine would NEVER treat the Hatch kid like this, it's not the Meeeeechigan way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:28 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I suppose. If it was a completely independent decision, then definitely good for him. But if he was pushed by the staff to give up his athletic scholarship to make room for Jaylen Brown, then that is a shitty move. If it was "Hey Austin, we have a chance to sign one of the best players in the country. That would mean giving up your playing career. Be a pal and take a non-athletic scholarship" then it is not really good for him. Who knows...

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:30 am

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:cool.. thanks. Good for him.

I think his family died in one, and then his step family died in the other. So on one hand, he was lucky to survive two crashes. OTOH, the rest of his family is dead.
yeah, sounds like a weird story. Even though he goes to SCum (which is a very horrible place that I'll never be able to forgive for what they've done to me), I certainly hope for the best for this dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:31 am

Turtleneck wrote:

I suppose. If it was a completely independent decision, then definitely good for him. But if he was pushed by the staff to give up his athletic scholarship to make room for Jaylen Brown, then that is a shitty move. If it was "Hey Austin, we have a chance to sign one of the best players in the country. That would mean giving up your playing career. Be a pal and take a non-athletic scholarship" then it is not really good for him. Who knows...

true. Regardless, I'm sure posters at an MSU message board knows more about the situation than he and/or SCum do.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:32 am

Turtleneck wrote:

Don't kid yourself, he was forced into it. Of course ANY kid would want to keep trying to play.

"Over the past year, we closely observed Austin's academic and athletic progress. In the end, Austin and our staff agree that the waiver is the proper next step. This change allows Austin to devote the necessary time he needs to be successful in his studies and obtain a Michigan degree. We also wanted to be sure we continued our commitment to Austin keeping his full scholarship in place for the next three years. This waiver allows for both.

"What makes this move equally important is, with NCAA rules, it allows Austin to continue to be a valuable asset to our team as a leader, mentor and assistant. As a student assistant coach, Austin will be allowed to continue to be engaged in our practice and training and to travel with us when it can fit into his academic schedule. The only real change will be that he will no longer be on our active roster or allowed to play in games.

So that implies that an athlete doesn't have time to get a degree? Pure unadulterated horseshit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:33 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

true. Regardless, I'm sure posters at an MSU message board knows more about the situation than he and/or SCum do.

Sorry Bob your normal snark doesn't work here. This has been speculated for weeks that if LaVert came back they would free a schollie by forcing Hatch onto a medical. The UM fans have sworn up and down that would never happen at Michigan - too dirty. And here it is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:34 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Sorry Bob your normal snark doesn't work here. This has been speculated for weeks that if LaVert came back they would free a schollie by forcing Hatch onto a medical. The UM fans have sworn up and down that would never happen at Michigan - too dirty. And here it is.
god I hate them for this.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:36 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I am pretty sure we all comment on topics (not limited to sports) - often in a very opinionated manner - without perfect information...or any information.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:36 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:god I hate them for this.
I hate him for walking around nude. Medical scholly for Hatch 2275418548
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:38 am

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I am pretty sure we all comment on topics (not limited to sports) - often in a very opinionated manner - without perfect information...or any information.
I feel pretty confident about my music commentary..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:39 am

Turtleneck wrote:

I think Beilein said they've been talking about it for 2 months (or it took them that long to craft a nice way to spin it).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:40 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Springsteen is the definition of boring. Other than that, I normally agree with you.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:46 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

After seeing some of your picks I have my doubts.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:46 am

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I feel pretty confident about my music commentary..

Springsteen is the definition of boring. Other than that, I normally agree with you.
the freedom of thought, speech and expression is a great thing.. long live tSwill.. Medical scholly for Hatch 969504605

you're a great American.

(Trampled by Turtles tonight, dude.. gonna be a good time)
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:48 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I feel pretty confident about my music commentary..

After seeing some of your picks I have my doubts.
"my picks".. as you so callously refer to them, are what helps me get through the day after what SCum has done to me and my family for years.

Have a little sympathy, dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:56 am

Some DEEEEEEP caring expressed over on MGoBLow:

Hatch is one of the best men I have ever been exposed to. The kind words from this site are second to none about his character. The way that he has handled everything about his career here has been with the utmost class.

With that being said, I am still deeply saddened that this had to happen. It doesn't matter what JB and AH say, part of me thinks this is directly correlated to the recruitment of Brown and Williams.

But... Let's go get us a 5*!

Condensed version:
Love that kid for making us look good this season, but too bad kiddo we need your schollie so you're out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:57 am

Cool. What did I do to earn it?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:03 am

LooseGoose wrote:Some DEEEEEEP caring expressed over on MGoBLow:

Hatch is one of the best men I have ever been exposed to. The kind words from this site are second to none about his character. The way that he has handled everything about his career here has been with the utmost class.

With that being said, I am still deeply saddened that this had to happen. It doesn't matter what JB and AH say, part of me thinks this is directly correlated to the recruitment of Brown and Williams.

Condensed version:
Love that kid for making us look good this season, but too bad kiddo we need your schollie so you're out.

Yep. It was a feel good story. It's not any more. They are trying to spin it as a good thing though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:05 am

I just hope Hatch transfers to the Master's College, so scUM can truly celebrate his accomplishments.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:06 am

LooseGoose wrote:Some DEEEEEEP caring expressed over on MGoBLow:

Condensed version:

I went over there. First post said that MSU and OSU fans are sure to exercise typical classlessness over this news...but it didn't take long for UM fans to let the possible signing of Brown justify any wrongdoings.

There was a long post from a guy claiming to work in administration saying this is not the same as what Saban or Meyer have done in the past. I read 3-4 sentences and declared the post drivel. I did not read much past a post that said "Jaylen Brown, come on down!!!" to see that classlessness resides with UM fans as much as it does elsewhere. I rarely visit that site, and that thread reinforced why this is the only sports message board I visit regularly.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:07 am

Giant Moose wrote:I just hope Hatch transfers to the Master's College, so scUM can truly celebrate his accomplishments.
it's a very efficient way to earn a Masters degree.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:19 am

This change allows Austin to devote the necessary time he needs to be successful in his studies

I'm sure the high school honor role student appreciated the burden of college basketball being lifted off his back so be can concentrate on his studies. What a lucky fellow.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:23 am

kingstonlake wrote:
This change allows Austin to devote the necessary time he needs to be successful in his studies

I'm sure the high school honor role student appreciated the burden of college basketball being lifted off his back so be can concentrate on his studies. What a lucky fellow.

Maybe there are medical issues that impact Hatch's ability to divide his attention between school and basketball. Who knows. But generally speaking, it reads like they are a brushing him aside to create room for a player that can contribute on the floor.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:28 am

Just to figure out how outraged I should be by this, how does this compare to the Arthur Ray situation?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:41 am

Turtleneck wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Maybe there are medical issues that impact Hatch's ability to divide his attention between school and basketball. Who knows. But generally speaking, it reads like they are a brushing him aside to create room for a player that can contribute on the floor.

It's a calculated PR move. They had to do it now.

If they were to somehow get Jaylen Brown to commit, and then put Hatch on medical scholly after that...that would look really bad.

This way...they can spin it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:00 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Just to figure out how outraged I should be by this, how does this compare to the Arthur Ray situation?

I think Ray was on schollie for 4 years. Just 1 for Hatch. Medical scholly for Hatch 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:03 pm

UM deserves credit overall for giving this kid a free education. I would hope that was all that was ever promised and they didn't pull the rug out.
I don't know the extent of the injuries, but if they are such that he could never play college basketball anywhere he got a good deal.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:42 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Just to figure out how outraged I should be by this, how does this compare to the Arthur Ray situation?
if you'll tell me who Arthur Ray is and his situation, I'll let you know how outraged you should be.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:43 pm

Herbie Green wrote:UM deserves credit overall for giving this kid a free education.
what the hell is wrong with you?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:43 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
if you'll tell me who Arthur Ray is and his situation, I'll let you know how outraged you should be.
I think he was Rachael Ray's brother, and they used to do cooking segments together.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:44 pm

Herbie Green wrote:UM deserves credit overall for giving this kid a free education. I would hope that was all that was ever promised and they didn't pull the rug out.
I don't know the extent of the injuries, but if they are such that he could never play college basketball anywhere he got a good deal.

This exactly. I do't get why we're up in arms over the Belien thing at all. Good job, give the kid a full ride to Michigan. Kid got into a game or two this year, he was not a division one bball player after the accidents. Michigan gets credit for doing this in my book. Good for them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:44 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:if you'll tell me who Arthur Ray is and his situation, I'll let you know how outraged you should be.
I think he was Rachael Ray's brother, and they used to do cooking segments together.
god, I hate the Food Network..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:49 pm

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:UM deserves credit overall for giving this kid a free education. I would hope that was all that was ever promised and they didn't pull the rug out.

This exactly. I do't get why we're up in arms over the Belien thing at all. Good job, give the kid a full ride to Michigan. Kid got into a game or two this year, he was not a division one bball player after the accidents. Michigan gets credit for doing this in my book. Good for them.
no offense, but you need to take a step back from the computer and regroup, dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next