Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better

+16
The_Dude
DWags
Nordic
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
The Ingenious Gentleman
HT
Travis of the Cosmos
Giant Moose
Herbie Green
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Blanch32
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better Empty Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-27, 07:40

Since this isn't trcmb, I'll lead with the true. Sorry no links BC there will never be one.

Regardless, if this kid is 5 star stud its excused. Enough of the holier than though BS. Enough.

Thank god for tswill!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better Empty Re: Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better

Post by InTenSity 2015-07-27, 07:58

There was another recruit at Friday Night Lights. He still has his scholly. He also informed the staff he was going and didn't participate in one on one drills. I really don't know why I'm even arguing here, since I don't even know who Cupp is or when he committed. I think kids who start using MSU as a placeholder are going to find it harder to commit here. I think Dwags was saying that he didn't get an offer from OSU.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better Empty Re: Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better

Post by Turtleneck 2015-07-27, 08:06

Blanch does not know what he is talking about. Big surprise.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2015-07-27, 09:34; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-07-27, 08:09

What's life like in your alternate reality?

MSU recruits Justin Layne (4* WR) and Jonah Morris (3* LB) both from Ohio also attended OSU's recruiting extravaganza they call Friday Night Lights. They advised MSU staff they were attending and neither participated in drills fro the OSU coaching staff. Neither had their scholarship rescinded.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-07-27, 08:16

Wouldn't it work better if we had another Oline commit over the weekend, and then the staff found an excuse to pull a scholly?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-07-27, 08:23

For being such an expert it's odd Blanch32 wasn't aware of Dantonio's conditions required when you publicly commit to play at MSU. Some are common sense like don't get arrested, make sure you qualify for admission to MSU so don't blow off your senior year or ACT testing. Then there are a few particular to football. Let MSU staff know if you are taking a recruiting trip. Let the MSU staff know who invited you and if you attend let the staff know if you are going to be an attendee or you will be taking part in workout/ drill activities.

Cupp didn't tell the staff he would be at the event. He didn't tell the staff he would be taking part in one on one drills. I suspect MSU staff knew Cupp was being less than forthcoming about things and probably also got WOTS he was longing for an OSU offer after accepting his MSU offer.

PS
Many 5* 's don't give verbals this early. They want to take their 5 available campus visits and see how the welcome wagon is rolled out for them.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-07-27, 08:49

I don't know about you guys, but I'm certainly getting all stressed about this. 2019 is going to be a great year!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-07-27, 08:53

GRR Spartan wrote:PS
Many 5* 's don't give verbals this early.  They want to take their 5 available campus visits and see how the welcome wagon is rolled out for them.
And whether the wagon includes complimentary Mahabis.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-27, 09:02

Glad that dantonio pulled the offer. I don't follow recruiting is the kid that picked up an offer in his place a better player?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-07-27, 09:03

steveschneider wrote:Glad that dantonio pulled the offer. I don't follow recruiting is the kid that picked up an offer in his place a better player?
Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better 2599972566 Hard to tell with o-line.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-07-27, 09:10

GRR Spartan wrote:What's life like in your alternate reality?

MSU recruits Justin Layne (4* WR) and Jonah Morris (3* LB) both from Ohio also attended OSU's recruiting extravaganza they call Friday Night Lights. They advised MSU staff they were attending and neither participated in drills fro the OSU coaching staff. Neither had their scholarship rescinded.

Whether he pulls the offers or not, I do not consider them commits any more.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-27, 09:16

I just hope Cupp, wherever he ends up, gets to salute the Spartan logo while we all cheer him on.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-07-27, 09:18

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I'm certainly getting all stressed about this. 2019 is going to be a great year!
I couldn't sleep last night. Too stressed about recruits. I really hope we can get one of the other guys to commit. 

Since I was awake all night I made each of our recruits paper mache versions of their heads and mailed it to them. Do you think they'll like it? I sure hope they like it.

Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better 368_593071283502442_l
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-07-27, 09:30

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I'm certainly getting all stressed about this. 2019 is going to be a great year!
I couldn't sleep last night. Too stressed about recruits. I really hope we can get one of the other guys to commit. 

Since I was awake all night I made each of our recruits paper mache versions of their heads and mailed it to them. Do you think they'll like it? I sure hope they like it.

Dantonio pulls cupps scholly BC we found someone better 502811600

The new, true, Spartan Designs. Maybe you should tweet them or private message them on twitter. This is essential.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-07-27, 09:35

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

The new, true, Spartan Designs. Maybe you should tweet them or private message them on twitter. This is essential.
Omg you are so right. How else will they know that the clump of hair at the bottom of the package I mailed them is from my head if I don't tell them???
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-07-27, 09:40

Blanch32 wrote:Since this isn't trcmb, I'll lead with the true.  Sorry no links BC there will never be one.

Regardless, if this kid is 5 star stud its excused.  Enough of the holier than though BS.  Enough.

Thank god for tswill!

I'll have whatever he's having.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-27, 13:39

GRR Spartan wrote:What's life like in your alternate reality?

Simple: they good players and we cannot replace them with better ones in this class
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-27, 13:40

GRR Spartan wrote:For being such an expert it's odd Blanch32 wasn't aware of Dantonio's conditions required when you publicly commit to play at MSU. Some are common sense like don't get arrested, make sure you qualify for admission to MSU so don't blow off your senior year or ACT testing. Then there are a few particular to football. Let MSU staff know if you are taking a recruiting trip. Let the MSU staff know who invited you and if you attend let the staff know if you are going to be an attendee or you will be taking part in workout/ drill activities.

Cupp didn't tell the staff he would be at the event. He didn't tell the staff he would be taking part in one on one drills. I suspect MSU staff knew Cupp was being less than forthcoming about things and probably also got WOTS he was longing for an OSU offer after accepting his MSU offer.

PS
Many 5* 's don't give verbals this early. They want to take their 5 available campus visits and see how the welcome wagon is rolled out for them.

So you can punch a kid and almost kill him, yet you get to keep your scholly but if you don't do anything illegal or against any NCAA rules, you will lose it. OK Roger goodell
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-07-27, 13:41

Blanch32 wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:For being such an expert it's odd Blanch32 wasn't aware of Dantonio's conditions required when you publicly commit to play at MSU. Some are common sense like don't get arrested, make sure you qualify for admission to MSU so don't blow off your senior year or ACT testing. Then there are a few particular to football. Let MSU staff know if you are taking a recruiting trip. Let the MSU staff know who invited you and if you attend let the staff know if you are going to be an attendee or you will be taking part in workout/ drill activities.

PS

So you can punch a kid and almost kill him, yet you get to keep your scholly but if you don't do anything illegal or against any NCAA rules, you will lose it. OK Roger goodell
Holy left field and strawman.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-27, 13:44

InTenSity wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Just watch.....

You folks forget dantonio is a saban and tressel disciple. Don't get all ped state on me
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-27, 13:45

Blanch32 wrote:So you can punch a kid and almost kill him, yet you get to keep your scholly but if you don't do anything illegal or against any NCAA rules, you will lose it. OK Roger goodell
Coaches, even loved ones like Dantonio and Izzo, do things that aren't always consistent or fit their agenda at the time. I mean, hell, Izzo once punished fans and didn't let them see a Final Four banner being raised because he was mad at the media.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-07-27, 13:55

Blanch32 wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Just watch.....

You folks forget dantonio is a saban and tressel disciple. Don't get all ped state on me
Cupp hasn't lost a scholarship yet. He doesn't even have one anywhere yet. He hasn't lost anything, he'll get a scholarship somewhere. His life isn't ruined. Winston done fucked up, Dantonio made the mistake of thinking he knew him and could help him, and actually, from the sounds of it, helped him even after MSU. It is completely apples and oranges. Once you sign an LOI, and show up to practice, you are under the protective wing of Coach D. I never know why I respond to you, I know you're just trolling, but its like you take the thoughts of a 5 year old and do some verbal diarrhea and make a post.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-27, 14:17

How come we didn't pull the scholarship of that one idiot that committed at Breslin and then the next day opened up his recruitment?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-27, 14:32

steveschneider wrote:How come we didn't pull the scholarship of that one idiot that committed at Breslin and then the next day opened up his recruitment?

Simple: 5 stars.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-27, 14:34

Giant Moose wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:So you can punch a kid and almost kill him, yet you get to keep your scholly but if you don't do anything illegal or against any NCAA rules, you will lose it. OK Roger goodell
Coaches, even loved ones like Dantonio and Izzo, do things that aren't always consistent or fit their agenda at the time. I mean, hell, Izzo once punished fans and didn't let them see a Final Four banner being raised because he was mad at the media.

This.

Hell, izzo didn't even treat lucious and Allen the same.

It just annoys the shit out of me when our fans act holier than thou. This is a game for entertainment. Plain and simple
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-07-27, 15:02

Troll Blanch Troll

On to the next faux outrage
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-07-27, 15:04

LOL

What's goin on in here where's the popcorn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-27, 15:06

GRR Spartan wrote:Troll Blanch Troll

I don't think it's faux outrage. I totally get blanch's point about not worshiping these coaches so that they aren't questionable. Izzo and Dantonio could very well be the best coaches any of us sees in our lifetimes at MSU, but I never want to get to the point where we just treat their words/actions as gospel.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ingenious Gentleman 2015-07-27, 15:07

Giant Moose wrote:

I'm still waiting for Izzo to shave his head.
The Ingenious Gentleman
The Ingenious Gentleman
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-07-27, 15:31

Blanch32 wrote:Since this isn't trcmb, I'll lead with the true.  Sorry no links BC there will never be one.

Regardless, if this kid is 5 star stud its excused.  Enough of the holier than though BS.  Enough.

Thank god for tswill!

I've always wanted to ask this: what's with your fixation on British Columbia? I know it's a spectacular place, but it doesn't really have anything to do with MSU football, yet you keep mentioning it randomly in sentences.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-07-27, 15:43

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:LOL

We had a commit, he went to another camp, staff pulled his scholly. I think Blanche is saying we did it because there is a 5* involved. That is where it gets confusing.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-07-27, 15:44

InTenSity wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:LOL

We had a commit, he went to another camp, staff pulled his scholly. I think Blanche is saying we did it because there is a 5* involved. That is where it gets confusing.

I looked up the guy they offered instead. 3 star. We doomed.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-27, 15:59

Do scUM fans still mock us when we pull in 3 star recruits and do their 3 star recruits still get an automatic bump up to 4 stars?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-27, 16:35

Giant Moose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Troll Blanch Troll

I don't think it's faux outrage. I totally get blanch's point about not worshiping these coaches so that they aren't questionable. Izzo and Dantonio could very well be the best coaches any of us sees in our lifetimes at MSU, but I never want to get to the point where we just treat their words/actions as gospel.

That and the fact trcmb and some members here believe they ve seen signed copies of all the permission slips. :Rolleyes:
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-07-27, 16:35

Whoever Acuri is, apparently he is taking Cupps* spot.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-07-27, 17:35

InTenSity wrote:Whoever Acuri is, apparently he is taking Cupps* spot.

Offer made to Arcuri Friday evening.
Campus visit arranged for Monday ( today).
Arcuri came to campus with parents and accepted the offer Monday afternoon.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2015/07/report_three-star_ohio_ol_aj_a.html
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-07-27, 18:04

InTenSity wrote:Whoever Acuri is, apparently he is taking Cupps* spot.

Another link to compliment GRR's.

Revolving Door of OH OL
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-07-27, 19:51

Based on how quickly things moved, one could surmise that at least one or more of  MSU's recruiting staff of coordinator Brad Salem, OL Coach Staten and Curtis  Blackwell had already been aware of Cupp's activities leading up to his attendance at last Friday's recruiting event in Columbus. Once they had confirmation of Cupp being there and working out Cupp's main recruiter was told to call to rescind the offer.  Dantonio was ready to offer Arcuri.

I'm guessing at least a few staff members knew a helluva lot more about what Cupp was doing than Cupp thought they did and Arcuri's name was next on the list.

It was one 3* for another 3* so the premise by the OP doesn't work in this case.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-07-27, 21:56

GRR Spartan wrote:Based on how quickly things moved, one could surmise that at least one or more of  MSU's recruiting staff of coordinator Brad Salem, OL Coach Staten and Curtis  Blackwell had already been aware of Cupp's activities leading up to his attendance at last Friday's recruiting event in Columbus.  Once they had confirmation of Cupp being there and working out Cupp's main recruiter was told to call to rescind the offer.  Dantonio was ready to offer Arcuri.

I'm guessing at least a few staff members knew a helluva lot more about what Cupp was doing than Cupp thought they did and Arcuri's name was next on the list.

It was one 3* for another 3* so the premise by the OP doesn't work in this case.  

Logic, reason, and reality tend to derail these blunk32 threads. Knock it off!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-07-27, 22:58

GRR Spartan wrote:Based on how quickly things moved, one could surmise that at least one or more of  MSU's recruiting staff of coordinator Brad Salem, OL Coach Staten and Curtis  Blackwell had already been aware of Cupp's activities leading up to his attendance at last Friday's recruiting event in Columbus.  Once they had confirmation of Cupp being there and working out Cupp's main recruiter was told to call to rescind the offer.  Dantonio was ready to offer Arcuri.

Yep.  And they had a kid in Arcuri that wanted to be a Spartan. I would put heavy odds on the coaching staff also asking him if he planned on going before the event.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next