Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

college hoop headed to 30sec shot clock?

+5
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
kingstonlake
steveschneider
CORNER BLITZ
9 posters

Go down

college hoop headed to 30sec shot clock?  Empty college hoop headed to 30sec shot clock?

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-04-28, 12:11

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12775789/men-college-basketball-headed-30-second-shot-clock-according-ncaa-rules-committee-chairman

Step in the right direction
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

college hoop headed to 30sec shot clock?  Empty Re: college hoop headed to 30sec shot clock?

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-28, 12:21

This thread is a step in the right direction too...back to discussing sports!

:30 seconds is great, time to improve the officiating as well. I don't ever want to see Jim Burr on the court again!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

college hoop headed to 30sec shot clock?  Empty Re: college hoop headed to 30sec shot clock?

Post by kingstonlake 2015-04-28, 12:46

Has coach Rat face OK'd this? Until then it means nothing.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-28, 12:49

Beilein will now have to tell his guys to jack up bad 3's quicker.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-28, 15:00

steveschneider wrote:This thread is a step in the right direction too...back to discussing sports!

:30 seconds is great, time to improve the officiating as well. I don't ever want to see Jim Burr on the court again!

Are NCAA refs really not full time?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-28, 15:02

kingstonlake wrote:Has coach Rat face OK'd this? Until then it means nothing.

Which one? I can think of three... two of which were in the national championship game.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-04-28, 15:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
steveschneider wrote:This thread is a step in the right direction too...back to discussing sports!

Correct. None of them are full time refs, and the NCAA doesn't employ refs. I'm not sure if it is that way for football either. But I did the math one time, working 5 games a week worked out to something like $60-80k for a 'part time' job. Its why there isn't a lot of young blood in it, none of the old timers want to give up that kinda cash.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-28, 15:34

InTenSity wrote:

Correct. None of them are full time refs, and the NCAA doesn't employ refs. I'm not sure if it is that way for football either. But I did the math one time, working 5 games a week worked out to something like $60-80k for a 'part time' job. Its why there isn't a lot of young blood in it, none of the old timers want to give up that kinda cash.
sweet bank considering you're only working 5 months of the year.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-28, 15:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

sweet bank considering you're only working 5 months of the year.

Plus the travel perks. Lots of frequent flyer miles & hotel points.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-04-28, 15:36

Heat Miser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:sweet bank considering you're only working 5 months of the year.

Plus the travel perks. Lots of frequent flyer miles & hotel points.
I was just about to post this. Maybe I'll have a beer instead.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down