Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI? Don't be. - Spartan Swill Staff

+31
Robert J Sakimano
SBSpartan
LoneWolfSparty
Tyler Durden
The_Dude
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
SeeRockCity
pulling69
Ass Dan
SpartanInNH
WhiteBoyHatcher
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
DWags
Mentalstate
Herbie Green
Turtleneck
Giant Moose
steveschneider
beal99
HT
WhiteGreenShow
Rocinante
Travis of the Cosmos
Snake Plissken
Watch Out Pylon!
tTito
Nordic
Nommad2
InTenSity
35 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI?   Don't be.  - Spartan Swill Staff - Page 2 Empty Re: Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI? Don't be. - Spartan Swill Staff

Post by Herbie Green Thu 7 May 2015 - 21:30

Yeah, bend over and take it up the ass.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI?   Don't be.  - Spartan Swill Staff - Page 2 Empty Re: Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI? Don't be. - Spartan Swill Staff

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 7 May 2015 - 21:41

The longer it went with a lot of social media and no LOI being reported, the worse I felt for Izzo and his staff. They can't say anything but had to know something was amiss despite all the tweets from Swanigan saying otherwise.

Reports are all over the map. The only things that are clear is Swanigan took off MSU Commit from his signature line and every school that is still in the chase (including MSU) are Nike schools.

If he's worried about getting ready "for the next level" Purdue would be a puzzling choice. Purdue has 3 players in the NBA and one is an '07 grad.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 7 May 2015 - 22:06

LooseGoose wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

I can't blame him for that but he could have figured that out a month ago

I think HE really wants to be at MSU, I still base that on all the unofficials here. I think Barnes wants him elsewhere and is in his ear with the 4/5 crap. Either way I'm not going to get all cranked about it, think Cliffy Alexander. Much ado about nothing.

A somewhat disjointed IndyStar article with some different info.....not much new really though:

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/05/07/caleb-swanigan-mr-basketball-opens-recruitment-from-michigan-state/70974374/

This is not the read from the guys with real connections at other places. Just FYI. They could be wrong. Their read was that everyone in his camp was good with the choice and he was the one who was wavering.

I honestly feel bad in a way for him and any of these kids that have to deal with this shit. Should be so simple. If you're good enough to get paid to play, you should get paid to play. If you're not, you can go to college and play there. Instead these kids have to deal with all of these pressures and handlers and AAU coaches and hanger on-ers and CBB coaches. And they better go pro right away! Because the NBA drafts on potential! And if you play 4 years, you're clearly not good enough!

I hope the kid winds up in the most ideal situation for him, whether it's at MSU or elsewhere. I'm sure Izzo, while he would like to have a great player, feels the same. If he doesn't think MSU is the best place for him, I guarantee Izzo would rather him go where he's comfortable and happy.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 7 May 2015 - 22:12

Purdue is a smoke screen. My sources say he's going to Cal.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Thu 7 May 2015 - 22:18

For future reference, the answer to this question is always "Yes."
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Thu 7 May 2015 - 22:21

As long as we don't play Duke or UNC in the tourney, we'll be fine. Even with Swanigan, we'd still lose to them.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Thu 7 May 2015 - 22:43

Dakich can put his tongue in my butthole

He's also reporting that swanigan to Purdue is a done deal
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 7 May 2015 - 23:16

Herbie Green wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Well the whole deal reeks of $$$ and since we didn't pay him I guess the silver lining is we can hang up the imaginary we didn't cheat banner. I'd be more in favor of a system that is transparent and out in the open and just paid the players. It would be better than the shady dealings that are going on with the street agents.

I don't think Izzo would have got this far if he was dealing with street agents.  Swanigan lived with a real pro agent.  The guy had Suh as a client.

It's incredible what he's done by playing the game the right way but I don't think the NCAA is issuing any 'Clean Program' banners to hang in the rafters any time soon.

And it must be frustrating for Izzo to see Chris Webber who was an MSU commit take money and go to a different school. To lose Swanigan to money, to lose Parker to money, to lose Okafur and Jones to big money, to lose Cliff Jones to big money...Honestly if I'm tuning in for purposes of nothing else than to be entertained, I wish we would shell out the $$$ because I would have liked to see those guys in the green and white.

IMO just make it a game of contracts where a school makes an offer, the agent and school settles on a salary, and then attorneys are present for when the contract is signed.  Pay these kids and do away with this system of recruitment. No more texting with a high schooler saying "I really like you", no more Urban Liar creepy 'I had a dream with you in a Buckeye uniform", no more 247 dumb ass we have a report about how the visit went this weekend for subscribers and then you pay to find out 'He had a good time'. WOW!!!!! Shoot confetti out of the cannons folks!

Henceforth I'm going to refer to the sport in it's proper name,  Pro College Basketball and Pro College Football.

Last edited by steveschneider on Thu 7 May 2015 - 23:18; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 7 May 2015 - 23:17

NigelUno wrote:Purdue is a smoke screen. My sources say he's going to Cal.

In the whacky world of Pro College Basketball nothing would surprise me at this point.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Fri 8 May 2015 - 1:52

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Studies have shown there was no need for a new thread.

I'm forced to. I can't stand to muddle through the writings of the simpleminded. This way, I know only astute, well thought out posters join. Besides, are you saying we need less threads here?

I remember when that Kareen Abdul Jabari Parker fucked us. I think he took UConn to the final four. Izzo needed like three big time players to get back there this year.

Mod powers activate: thread merge bitch!
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 8 May 2015 - 6:22

Nice RCMB move mods. Got that feel to it. Starts slow. Jesus.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 8 May 2015 - 6:32

DWags wrote:Nice RCMB move mods. Got that feel to it. Starts slow. Jesus.

The horror of the thread merge. What an abuse of power.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 May 2015 - 6:58

Interesting long interview RE:Swanigan

Edited to add: Interview on Lansing sports radio with Scout dude.

Last edited by LooseGoose on Fri 8 May 2015 - 7:17; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 May 2015 - 7:16

But where does all this leave Michigan State the court? Thursday's news is nothing that will keep the Spartans from making a return trip to the Final Four.

Swanigan is a high-level talent, to be sure. But he wasn't as highly ranked as Parker, Okafor and the like, and doesn't project to have that level of immediate impact.

Michigan State still has good frontcourt depth in Matt Costello, Gavin Schilling, Marvin Clark and Deyonta Davis.

And its recruiting class as a whole is still in good shape for next year, with a pair of four-stars in Davis and Matt McQuaid and a three star in Kyle Ahrens. And don't forget Eron Harris, the transfer from West Virginia who scored 17 points per game as a sophomore in the Big 12.

If Michigan State's roster this past season can make a Final Four, then the Spartans' roster next year can too, Swanigan or no Swanigan.

Column: Caleb Swanigan decommitment a loss more in perception than reality for Michigan State
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Fri 8 May 2015 - 7:20

So I guess we're swoffigan?
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 8 May 2015 - 8:18

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:Nice RCMB move mods. Got that feel to it. Starts slow. Jesus.

You're right, there are way too many threads and traffic on this board. It's a good move. Solid.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 8 May 2015 - 8:21

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

You're right, there are way too many threads and traffic on this board. It's a good move. Solid.

Whats he bitching about?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 8 May 2015 - 8:22

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

You're right, there are way too many threads and traffic on this board.  It's a good move.  Solid.  

Your additional thread was not going to generate additional traffic. Multiple threads on the same topic is not the same as multiple threads on different topics. The latter is great. The former is not really relevant to board traffic.

Last edited by Turtleneck on Fri 8 May 2015 - 8:25; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 8 May 2015 - 8:24

Steve that sounds awful.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 8 May 2015 - 8:29

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI?   Don't be.  - Spartan Swill Staff - Page 2 1550444538 Sleep
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 8 May 2015 - 8:33

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

You're right, there are way too many threads and traffic on this board.  It's a good move.  Solid.  

Your additional thread was not going to generate additional traffic. Multiple threads on the same topic is not the same as multiple threads on different topics. The latter is great. The former is not really relevant to board traffic.
See, I didn't realize you had done a study on it and made an informed decision. I just thought it was some dumb ass mod move that someone came up with and thought to themselves "I don't like that so I'm going to do this". Then they make the decision on their own and do it. That's the way the assholes on the RCMB worked. I didn't realize you had that information. My apologies.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 8 May 2015 - 8:36

Swanigan isn't worth more than one thread as he will be forgotten in a week.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 8 May 2015 - 8:42

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

See, I didn't realize you had done a study on it and made an informed decision. I just thought it was some dumb ass mod move that someone came up with and thought to themselves "I don't like that so I'm going to do this".  Then they make the decision on their own and do it.  That's the way the assholes on the RCMB worked. I didn't realize you had that information.  My apologies.

Shut up.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri 8 May 2015 - 8:52

The Pantry wrote:Swanigan isn't worth more than one thread as he will be forgotten in a week.
I will remember this great former Spartan for as long as I live.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 8 May 2015 - 9:01

Giant Moose wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Swanigan isn't worth more than one thread as he will be forgotten in a week.
Never was and never will be a Spartan.

You should think more about your tipping dogma.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 8 May 2015 - 9:04

Giant Moose wrote:

Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI?   Don't be.  - Spartan Swill Staff - Page 2 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Fri 8 May 2015 - 9:07

Not sure where this post fits now but -
I am perplexed by the 4 position in today's game. No doubt you want a guy that plays like Zach Randolph on your team, but when we play UM he would be matched up against a guy like Zach Irvin. Seems like a huge mismatch both ways and while Izzo wants to win more inside than others he values defense. Seems you really need a player like Dawson, Green or Morgan. If they can't hit 3s themselves they better be able to guard them. Hopefully Davis and Clark can be those kinds of players.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri 8 May 2015 - 9:07

The Pantry wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:
Never was and never will be a Spartan.

You should think more about your tipping dogma.
Swanigan would get a 25% tip or more. He is high-school or college-aged and is a Spartan.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 8 May 2015 - 10:07

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

See, I didn't realize you had done a study on it and made an informed decision. I just thought it was some dumb ass mod move that someone came up with and thought to themselves "I don't like that so I'm going to do this". Then they make the decision on their own and do it. That's the way the assholes on the RCMB worked. I didn't realize you had that information. My apologies.

Your posts do make or break a forum. Premium stuff.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Fri 8 May 2015 - 10:15

I love the grown men psycho analyzing 17 year old kids.

To steal a line from Bob...'I'm not worried.'

Swan is a very good prospect but he's not close to a 1 and done type talent. Only maybe a handful of kids each year and usually less are truly good enough to be one and done.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 8 May 2015 - 10:19

The_Dude wrote:I love the grown men psycho analyzing 17 year old kids.

Swan is a very good prospect but he's not close to a 1 and done type talent. Only maybe a handful of kids each year and usually less are truly good enough to be one and done.

WTH are you talking about? Its like you are a caricature, and just go off on tangents that having nothing to do with the threads you join.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Fri 8 May 2015 - 10:23

InTenSity wrote:
The_Dude wrote:I love the grown men psycho analyzing 17 year old kids.

WTH are you talking about? Its like you are a caricature, and just go off on tangents that having nothing to do with the threads you join.

Huh?

Look at Schneider for example. He had a 5 paragraph post about this kid. Stop psycho analyzing kids. It's just a bad look. Whether a kid chooses to come to MSU or not shouldn't have any impact on your life.

MSU is going to be very good with or without his kid and 2016 looks like a very good class in the making too.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 8 May 2015 - 10:25

The_Dude wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Huh?

Look at Schneider for example. He had a 5 paragraph post about this kid. Stop psycho analyzing kids. It's just a bad look. Whether a kid chooses to come to MSU or not shouldn't have any impact on your life.

MSU is going to be very good with or without his kid and 2016 looks like a very good class in the making too.
100% certain that you didn't read that post
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 8 May 2015 - 10:34

This thread. Worried about Caleb Swanigan's LOI?   Don't be.  - Spartan Swill Staff - Page 2 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Fri 8 May 2015 - 10:55

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I think HE really wants to be at MSU, I still base that on all the unofficials here. I think Barnes wants him elsewhere and is in his ear with the 4/5 crap. Either way I'm not going to get all cranked about it, think Cliffy Alexander. Much ado about nothing.

A somewhat disjointed IndyStar article with some different info.....not much new really though:

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/05/07/caleb-swanigan-mr-basketball-opens-recruitment-from-michigan-state/70974374/

This is not the read from the guys with real connections at other places. Just FYI. They could be wrong. Their read was that everyone in his camp was good with the choice and he was the one who was wavering.

I honestly feel bad in a way for him and any of these kids that have to deal with this shit. Should be so simple. If you're good enough to get paid to play, you should get paid to play. If you're not, you can go to college and play there. Instead these kids have to deal with all of these pressures and handlers and AAU coaches and hanger on-ers and CBB coaches. And they better go pro right away! Because the NBA drafts on potential! And if you play 4 years, you're clearly not good enough!

I hope the kid winds up in the most ideal situation for him, whether it's at MSU or elsewhere. I'm sure Izzo, while he would like to have a great player, feels the same. If he doesn't think MSU is the best place for him, I guarantee Izzo would rather him go where he's comfortable and happy.
That doesn't match up with anything I've heard, re: inside the Berk. It's 100% Rosie and Pops.
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 8 May 2015 - 11:07

Tyler Durden wrote:That doesn't match up with anything I've heard, re: inside the Berk. It's 100% Rosie and Pops.

shrug. Take it up with "amie" and Rico.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 May 2015 - 11:50

David Harns ‏@isportsDave 19m19 minutes ago

Regarding Swanigan, @JimComparoni says that Izzo was "getting sick of the circus." Characterized Izzo as "relieved" after decommitment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Fri 8 May 2015 - 12:10

SO can I start disliking this kid yet or not?!?
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 8 May 2015 - 12:11

LooseGoose wrote:David Harns ‏@isportsDave 19m19 minutes ago

Regarding Swanigan, @JimComparoni says that Izzo was "getting sick of the circus." Characterized Izzo as "relieved" after decommitment.

Damn. Smh.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri 8 May 2015 - 12:15

LoneWolfSparty wrote:SO can I start disliking this kid yet or not?!?
No, you always have to support former Spartans 100% even if they do something you disagree with.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next