Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bell's Oberon Is America's Most Overrated Beer

+19
Robert J Sakimano
pulling69
InTenSity
Triple Sparty
Cameron
Nordic
Cym Jim
Rodeo Burger
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Frank Ricard
steveschneider
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Herbie Green
Martin Spartan
Turtleneck
I.B. Fine
The Pantry
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bell's Oberon Is America's Most Overrated Beer - Page 2 Empty Re: Bell's Oberon Is America's Most Overrated Beer

Post by Ass Dan 2015-05-13, 09:19

I.B. Fine wrote:I can't disagree, I love 2 Hearted, wouldn't cross the street for an Oberon, just not into wheat beer, I guess.

Similar to Great Lakes Christmas Ale around Cleveland, there are many better 'seasonal ales' these days, but the world stops when the first keg is tapped.

Slow your roll there, big guy. Christmas ale is awesome.

Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bell's Oberon Is America's Most Overrated Beer - Page 2 Empty Re: Bell's Oberon Is America's Most Overrated Beer

Post by Ass Dan 2015-05-13, 09:26

Frank Ricard wrote:Not only is it the most overrated, it is the only beer I've had that I can't stand.

Try spear beer by right brain. Asparagus flavored beer.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-05-13, 12:31

Two Hearted is the bomb dot com
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-05-13, 12:41

I actually like Founders Centennial a little better than Two Hearted
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-05-13, 12:43

The Pantry wrote:I actually like Founders Centennial a little better than Two Hearted
when I go to Founders, Centennial is my go-to beer. I don't enjoy difficult decisions regarding beer.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-05-13, 12:55

The Pantry wrote:I actually like Founders Centennial a little better than Two Hearted

I like them both a lot, so for me, that's tomato tamata. But definitely a fan of the Centennial over the All day IPA. If I'm drinking an IPA, might as well go for the KO and drink the centennial at 7.6% Wink
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-05-13, 12:56

Same here. But I'm not going to start saying that Two Hearted sucks because it's been well known and respected for longer than Centennial. Which I think is the click bait rationale behind people hating on Oberon.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-05-13, 13:49

Sincerely,

Some east coast snob who I assume thinks every thing Boston and NY is so much better. On the irony of this tool
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-05-13, 13:52

tGreenWay wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:Beer dorks are so f******g annoying.
I would like to slam a bottle of Oberon over this guy's head.

I agreed with everything he said. Come at me, brew!

Of course you would
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-05-13, 13:53

Herbie Green wrote:The thing I kike about Oberon is that it actually tastes a bit bigger, sweeter and more full of body than a lot of other beers in the "wheat" genre, which may be one of the factors that has made it so wildly successful. Aromas are strongly citric—like candied orange and lemon, set atop a base of clean, creamy wheat malt. It simply packs a higher volume of flavor than most American pale wheats do, which is integral in this substyle—there’s nothing less interesting than a bland American pale wheat. Oberon is anything but bland.

Agreed. In comparison blue moon and shock top absolutely suck.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2015-05-13, 13:54

Ass Dan wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:I can't disagree, I love 2 Hearted, wouldn't cross the street for an Oberon, just not into wheat beer, I guess.

Similar to Great Lakes Christmas Ale around Cleveland, there are many better 'seasonal ales' these days, but the world stops when the first keg is tapped.

Slow your roll there, big guy. Christmas ale is awesome.

Not this past batch, only so-so

Last edited by I.B. Fine on 2015-05-13, 18:14; edited 1 time in total
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-05-13, 13:55

pulling69 wrote:
InTenSity wrote:I liked Oberon when you could see the sediment in bottles. I hate that it's clear now.

Every bottle I have had this year has had sediment. Its pretty good this year.

PS Can even see the little bits of orange peel in the head when poured into a glass.

Agreed. Last year was a bit watered down
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-05-13, 18:00

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

I like them both a lot, so for me, that's tomato tamata. But definitely a fan of the Centennial over the All day IPA. If I'm drinking an IPA, might as well go for the KO and drink the centennial at 7.6% Wink
Don't like All Day either.  Griffin Claw's Gateway IPA is a much better session ale (4.0% ABV).  Give it a try if you can find it.  Comes in 8-packs

Bell's Oberon Is America's Most Overrated Beer - Page 2 B9t-ze10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SBSpartan 2015-05-13, 18:04

Bells makes good beer but they have a great marketing department that got Oberon into a status it shouldn't be.

Good, but overrated.
SBSpartan
SBSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-05-14, 09:14

SBSpartan wrote:Bells makes good beer but they have a great marketing department that got Oberon into a status it shouldn't be.

Good, but overrated.

I hope you enjoy your snifter at hopcat with the author/ass clown
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-05-14, 17:40

I just ordered a half barrel of Oberon for a b-day party next Saturday Bell's Oberon Is America's Most Overrated Beer - Page 2 969504605
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-05-14, 18:19

Nordic wrote:I just ordered a half barrel of Oberon for a b-day party next Saturday Bell's Oberon Is America's Most Overrated Beer - Page 2 969504605
All women attending?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-05-14, 23:04

The Pantry wrote:
Nordic wrote:I just ordered a half barrel of Oberon for a b-day party next Saturday Bell's Oberon Is America's Most Overrated Beer - Page 2 969504605
All women attending?

Hopefully
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-05-14, 23:30

Nordic wrote:
The Pantry wrote:All women attending?

Hopefully

Are blanch's finger blasting services needed?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-05-15, 08:42

Nordic wrote:

Hopefully

Are they?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-15, 09:00

Nordic wrote:

Hopefully

Nah, he can show them the Budweiser video it'll have the same effect on them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-05-15, 09:46

LooseGoose wrote:

Flood damaged panties?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-05-15, 15:11

Blanch32 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Flood damaged panties?

Bell's Oberon Is America's Most Overrated Beer - Page 2 502811600 that's a good one
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2015-05-15, 17:22

The Pantry wrote:

Don't like All Day either.  Griffin Claw's Gateway IPA is a much better session ale (4.0% ABV).  Give it a try if you can find it.  Comes in 8-packs

Not a huge IPA guy, actually prefer Ambers/Browns, but I try to go with Crooked Tree when I do have one.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-05-15, 19:05

If you like IPAs, I highly recommend Dripa
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-05-16, 20:30

Bell's Oberon Is America's Most Overrated Beer - Page 2 14318211
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2