Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keith Olbermann out at ESPN (again)

+4
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
8 posters

Go down

Keith Olbermann out at ESPN (again) Empty Keith Olbermann out at ESPN (again)

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-09, 10:36

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/keith-olbermann-espn-part-ways-807458

I watched his Youtube clips everyday. Loved his rants, his humor, his interviews and he was merciless when it came to ripping Roger Goodell. Also, a brilliant mind when it came to baseball and hockey.

I think getting rid of him and Simmons is an effort by the network to get rid of the more outspoken personalities on the network. A damn shame.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Keith Olbermann out at ESPN (again) Empty Re: Keith Olbermann out at ESPN (again)

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-07-09, 10:39

I read somewhere a couple of days ago that it was both a money issue, as ESPN is again trying to cut costs, and an issue about KO'ing Goodell/NFL.  Apparently, ESPN doesn't want any outspoken personalities (I chuckle at this).
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Keith Olbermann out at ESPN (again) Empty Re: Keith Olbermann out at ESPN (again)

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-07-09, 10:47

we certainly can't have anyone offending anyone here in the good 'ol US of A.

that and it's always... ALWAYS.. about the money. Just follow the $$.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-09, 10:47

Sure, get rid of him, but keep the weazle who leaks hospital documents. I hope the NFL just nails that little bitch for doing it. No NFL player should talk to him
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-07-09, 10:48

DWags wrote:Sure, get rid of him, but keep the weazle who leaks hospital documents. I hope the NFL just nails that little bitch for doing it. No NFL player should talk to him
and, as far as I know, the (bleach) blonde bimbo that berates someone less fortunate than her on a security camera still has a job at ESPN..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-09, 10:58

Floyd Robertson wrote:I read somewhere a couple of days ago that it was both a money issue, as ESPN is again trying to cut costs, and an issue about KO'ing Goodell/NFL.  Apparently, ESPN doesn't want any outspoken personalities (I chuckle at this).

I think Goodell had a lot to do with it. There was one very poignant rant that Olbermann had a few months back about Bryan Price's 77 f bomb rant

It was about how big sports franchises are not allowing journalists to investigate the stories. They have to keep in line or lose their credentials.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-07-09, 10:59

He's an ass, good riddance.  I am happy that he'll have more time in his bath tub now.

Keith Olbermann out at ESPN (again) Bathtub-boy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-09, 11:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:Sure, get rid of him, but keep the weazle who leaks hospital documents. I hope the NFL just nails that little bitch for doing it. No NFL player should talk to him
and, as far as I know, the (bleach) blonde bimbo that berates someone less fortunate than her on a security camera still has a job at ESPN..

If you've ever been towed, that wasn't a berating that was justice. She was sticking up for all of us little people who've been towed before. One time I was towed in Saugatuck because I did the right thing and cabbed home. My car was exactly 6 inches out of a proper parking spot and the art fair needed to set up. If I was famous and had money and camera's around me, someone somewhere would have had a fierce tongue lashing coming to them. I didn't, so I was frustrated. Seeing that hot girl making fun of the down trodden kind of made me feel good inside.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-09, 11:05

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:and, as far as I know, the (bleach) blonde bimbo that berates someone less fortunate than her on a security camera still has a job at ESPN..

If you've ever been towed, that wasn't a berating that was justice. She was sticking up for all of us little people who've been towed before. One time I was towed in Saugatuck because I did the right thing and cabbed home. My car was exactly 6 inches out of a proper parking spot and the art fair needed to set up. If I was famous and had money and camera's around me, someone somewhere would have had a fierce tongue lashing coming to them. I didn't, so I was frustrated. Seeing that hot girl making fun of the down trodden kind of made me feel good inside.

I applauder her as well. Also, that tow company edited the video to just feature her melt down. I believe her claims that they were rude and mocking her.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-09, 11:09

Olbermann can be an arrogant blowhard, but up to this point he generally has had journalistic integrity which is really rare. I think ESPN is screwing the pooch on this one. What they're doing is trying to slim down to compete with upstarts on the web, instead of continuing to be something that those websites can never be: generators of original content. But nobody wants to do that anymore and it's sad.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-09, 11:10

LooseGoose wrote:He's an ass, good riddance.  I am happy that he'll have more time in his bath tub now.

I'm sure the fact that he's a liberal has nothing to do with your opinion.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-07-09, 11:12

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:and, as far as I know, the (bleach) blonde bimbo that berates someone less fortunate than her on a security camera still has a job at ESPN..

If you've ever been towed, that wasn't a berating that was justice.  She was sticking up for all of us little people who've been towed before.  One time I was towed in Saugatuck because I did the right thing and cabbed home.  My car was exactly 6 inches out of a proper parking spot and the art fair needed to set up.  If I was famous and had money and camera's around me, someone somewhere would have had a fierce tongue lashing coming to them.  I didn't, so I was frustrated.  Seeing that hot girl making fun of the down trodden kind of made me feel good inside.  
meh.. I just believe in following the rules and not taking your frustration in not doing so out on others.

crazy, I know.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-07-09, 11:13

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:He's an ass, good riddance.  I am happy that he'll have more time in his bath tub now.

I don't know.. Keith Olbermann has nothing on Rush Limbaugh in terms of class. Ya know, an obese drug addict with an affinity for being married multiple times while lecturing the American public on all matters as they relate to moral purification and the sanctity of holy matrimony.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-07-09, 11:18

I am also in support of firing that chick who yelled at people if they are getting rid of Keith Olbermann! Outrageous that she should keep her..

Keith Olbermann out at ESPN (again) BrittMcHenryAF1

Wait, what was I saying? Oh, it was her? Yeah, she can stay. What happened to Kevin Olbermann and Bill Simpson? Who cares. I wonder what she looks like in a bikini.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-07-09, 11:19

Rocinante wrote:

Is he?   I thought he was just nuts.....but then again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-07-09, 11:21

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I am also in support of firing that chick who yelled at people if they are getting rid of Keith Olbermann! Outrageous that she should keep her..

Wait, what was I saying? Oh, it was her? Yeah, she can stay. What happened to Kevin Olbermann and Bill Simpson? Who cares. I wonder what she looks like in a bikini.
not my kind of girl.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-07-09, 11:22

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I am also in support of firing that chick who yelled at people if they are getting rid of Keith Olbermann! Outrageous that she should keep her..

If she gets fired and needs work, she can come clean my house in a French maid outfit.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-07-09, 11:28

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

not my kind of girl.
I guess what I was less bluntly trying to say is that when you suck a few dicks to get your job, all you have to do is suck a few more dicks to keep your job when you get in trouble.

That's probably Olbermann's problem. Sucked the wrong dick.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-07-09, 11:31

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
not my kind of girl.
I guess what I was less bluntly trying to say is that when you suck a few dicks to get your job, all you have to do is suck a few more dicks to keep your job when you get in trouble.

That's probably Olbermann's problem. Sucked the wrong dick.
maybe so.. the young lady in he picture seems like she could probably provide Olbermann with an appropriate list of whose to suck.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-09, 11:41

Disappointing but not surprising. I will miss him.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-07-09, 13:16

He's a pretty big douche, but he had integrity. ESPN just gave us another reason to ignore them.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-09, 13:21

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

If you've ever been towed, that wasn't a berating that was justice.  She was sticking up for all of us little people who've been towed before.  One time I was towed in Saugatuck because I did the right thing and cabbed home.  My car was exactly 6 inches out of a proper parking spot and the art fair needed to set up.  If I was famous and had money and camera's around me, someone somewhere would have had a fierce tongue lashing coming to them.  I didn't, so I was frustrated.  Seeing that hot girl making fun of the down trodden kind of made me feel good inside.  
meh.. I just believe in following the rules and not taking your frustration in not doing so out on others.

crazy, I know.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-09, 13:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

crazy, I know.

Rules are for the lowly and downtrodden like us. Not the hot rich and famous.

Well, that's a rule too. So maybe the hot rich people do follow some.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-07-09, 13:27

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

crazy, I know.

Rules are for the lowly and downtrodden like us. Not the hot rich and famous.

Well, that's a rule too. So maybe the hot rich people do follow some.
yeah - she seemed like a spoiled brat in the video. The kind whose parents never wanted to negatively impact her self-esteem, always got a participation trophy, etc.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down