Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regardless of your feelings on abortion...

+17
Gomer
DWags
Ass Dan
Snake Plissken
WhiteBoyHatcher
Tim Wakefield
Nordic
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
Triple Sparty
The_Dude
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
Dr. Strangelove
Rocinante
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Regardless of your feelings on abortion... - Page 4 Empty Re: Regardless of your feelings on abortion...

Post by Rocinante 2015-08-31, 11:42

Hey! How's everyone doing? How was your weekend?!

Love you guys!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Regardless of your feelings on abortion... - Page 4 Empty Re: Regardless of your feelings on abortion...

Post by Ass Dan 2015-08-31, 11:47

Rocinante wrote:Hey! How's everyone doing? How was your weekend?!

Love you guys!

Spent the weekend researching misleading statistics to dump into this thread. Love you too.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-31, 11:56

Ass Dan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Hey! How's everyone doing? How was your weekend?!

Love you guys!

Spent the weekend researching misleading statistics to dump into this thread. Love you too.

Oh wow, nice! I just made a whole bunch of them up instead of researching. So much easier that way
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-08-31, 11:58

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
Crazy thing is that when R's wanted to make birth control available non prescription and over the counter - thus cheap and readily available the D's opposed that.  Must have been they were afraid of losing one of their wedge issues.

So grab on to something....but your position here is the Republican position.

I'm not as concerned with democrat and republican as you are. Believe it or not, don't care. I'm not a political party and neither represents me.

That said, over the counter is not free, so my position. Isn't really the republican position at all. (And wouldn't it mean that no one's insurance would cover it? Wouldn't that probably make it more expensive, not less?)
Only if you're living the delusion that something covered under insurance is "free".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-31, 11:58

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

I'm not as concerned with democrat and republican as you are. Believe it or not, don't care. I'm not a political party and neither represents me.

That said, over the counter is not free, so my position. Isn't really the republican position at all. (And wouldn't it mean that no one's insurance would cover it? Wouldn't that probably make it more expensive, not less?)
Only if you're living the delusion that something covered under insurance is "free".

You really over estimate how smart people are.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-08-31, 12:07

InTenSity wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
Crazy thing is that when R's wanted to make birth control available non prescription and over the counter - thus cheap and readily available the D's opposed that.  Must have been they were afraid of losing one of their wedge issues.

So grab on to something....but your position here is the Republican position.
When did they want to do that? That's pretty interesting. I'd think it would have more to do with insurance companies being in the ear of the Dems than the abortion issue, but maybe the two worked hand in hand. Pharmaceutical in Rep ears and Insurance in Dem.
Senate Dems rebuke GOP’s over-the-counter birth control bill

Why Liberals Oppose Over-the-Counter Birth Control

Dems' Objections to OTC Birth Control? Republicans Are Behind It

Over-the-counter birth control gets boost in Congress

Over-the-Counter Birth Control Bill Provokes Irrational Ire on the Left Subsidized birth control pills for some women shouldn't come at the expense of easing access restrictions for all.

Making good on a campaign-season promise, Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colorado) last week announced a bill to spur action on oral contraception being sold without a prescription. The "Allowing Greater Access to Safe and Effective Contraception Act," co-sponsored by Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH), would encourage birth-control pill manufacturers to file an application with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to sell products over-the-counter (OTC), as well as repeal the Affordable Care Act's restriction on using health savings accounts to buy non-prescription medication. The full text of the proposal has not yet been released. 
That hasn't stopped some from flipping out about the bill, however. "This bill is a sham and an insult to women," said Planned Parenthood Action Fund President Cecile Richards in a statement. "It would give women fewer birth control options and force women to pay twice for their birth control."
Jezebel blogger Stassa Edwards admits that "allowing [the pill] to be sold OTC would be a sizeable step in" the direction of expanding access. But "it seems like Gardner and Ayotte’s proposal is a sneaky way to effectively end Obamacare’s mandatory contraception coverage," she warns. The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) has previously advocated for OTC oral contraception. But ACOG President Mark S. DeFrancesco cautioned against Gardner and Ayotte's bill, stating that "instead of improving access, this bill would actually make more women have to pay for their birth control, and for some women, the cost would be prohibitive.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-31, 12:08

prayer is my form of birth control.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-09-01, 10:50

Bump.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4