Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regardless of your feelings on abortion...

+17
Gomer
DWags
Ass Dan
Snake Plissken
WhiteBoyHatcher
Tim Wakefield
Nordic
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
Triple Sparty
The_Dude
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
Dr. Strangelove
Rocinante
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Regardless of your feelings on abortion... - Page 3 Empty Re: Regardless of your feelings on abortion...

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-24, 14:14

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:This thread would have been more fun with Bob.
We can keep it warm for him
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Regardless of your feelings on abortion... - Page 3 Empty Re: Regardless of your feelings on abortion...

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-08-24, 14:15

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:
I can't speak for all religions but Catholics don't believe in birth control.
And they are free to not use it... But the rest of us should have the option to pick it up for free anywhere and everywhere.

Just like they are free to not use abortion. But ya know, someone has to act morally superior.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-24, 15:38

Snake Plissken wrote:
I can't speak for all religions but Catholics don't believe in birth control.
And they are free to not use it... But the rest of us should have the option to pick it up for free anywhere and everywhere.

No, only men. Any woman who wants free birth control is a slut and a whore.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-08-24, 16:07

This thread is an abortion.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-24, 16:49

Bump for Bob, just in case.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-08-24, 17:01

tGreenWay wrote:

No, only men.  Any woman who wants free birth control is a slut and a whore.  

Surrounded by sluts and whores at home?  Why the anger?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-24, 17:22

GRR Spartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

No, only men.  Any woman who wants free birth control is a slut and a whore.  

Your sarcasm detector needs recalibrating.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-08-24, 17:44

tGreenWay wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Just adding to your desire for lively conversation.

tGreenWay wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Just trying to add to your desire for lively conversation. jocolor
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-25, 01:27

GRR Spartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Just adding to your desire for lively conversation.

tGreenWay wrote:

Just trying to add to your desire for lively conversation. jocolor

Damnit! I should've taken the bait. Regardless of your feelings on abortion... - Page 3 2943907172
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2015-08-25, 08:41

The most logical path is to encourage abortions, therefor I am pro abortion.

Saves us all money, decreases poverty, one less mouth to feed, one less broken home raised maniac.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-08-25, 08:57

AnomanderRake wrote:The most logical path is to encourage abortions, therefor I am pro abortion.

Saves us all money, decreases poverty, one less mouth to feed, one less broken home raised maniac.
Using that logic we should execute roughly 1/2 the population of the US.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2015-08-25, 09:15

LooseGoose wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:The most logical path is to encourage abortions, therefor I am pro abortion.

No it doesn't, we need them as consumers and to work all of the crappy jobs none of us want.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-08-25, 09:28

LooseGoose wrote:

Why stop with the US?
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-25, 10:38

Snake Plissken wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
Why stop with the US?

Earth isn't going to wait for us to rid half the world's population. She's going to take of it for us. Do you have your preferred weapon of choice for the coming zombie apocalypse? Not that it'll matter.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-25, 10:38

Snake Plissken wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
Why stop with the US?

Earth isn't going to wait for us to rid half the world's population. She's going to take care of it for us. Do you have your preferred weapon of choice for the coming zombie apocalypse? Not that it'll matter.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mockery 2015-08-26, 12:07

AnomanderRake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

No it doesn't, we need them as consumers and to work all of the crappy jobs none of us want.

I thought that is what Mexicans are for.
Mockery
Mockery
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-31, 09:35

Hey Bob we made this thread for you and then you left for a week. Which was kind of rude.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-31, 09:39

LooseGoose wrote:
+1, like and retweet. 

Also, I'm kind of drunk. It's tempting to unwrap the bow on this little gem right now, but you know what? I'm not going to. It's so much better if I just hold tight instead of peaking a day early.
I agree, there's nothing quite like the anticipation of a discussion on the morality of dismembering babies .
that would be a sweet name for a garage punk band..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-31, 09:40

LooseGoose wrote:Some facts for my friend BobS when he arrives:

Abortions per day in the US - 3000 Approx.
Firearms Homicides per day in the US - 31 Approx
People killed by police per day in the US - 3 Approx.

If you really want to fight to save innocent lives that should tell you where to start.
==========

More black babies were aborted in NY over the last number of years than were born.

2013   Born 24,758  Aborted 31,328

Couldn't find exact numbers for other years but they're similar.  Why does the Democrat party support these killers of black children?  Does BobS join Planned Parenthood in celebrating these milestones in "women's health"?
I'm all for the killing of black babies.. after all, one of them might be walking through your neighborhood one of these days with a pack of Skittles. Can't have that.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-31, 09:42

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Hey Bob we made this thread for you and then you left for a week. Which was kind of rude.
Regardless of your feelings on abortion... - Page 3 502811600

thanks man - I always enjoy seeing the right get all morally outraged about baby killing.. ya know, protecting the "sanctity of life" - while having no problem - and even celebrating - unarmed black men getting murdered by police officers. Basically confirming what we all know - their definition of "sanctity of life" depends on whose life it is.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-31, 10:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Hey Bob we made this thread for you and then you left for a week. Which was kind of rude.
Regardless of your feelings on abortion... - Page 3 502811600

thanks man - I always enjoy seeing the right get all morally outraged about baby killing.. ya know, protecting the "sanctity of life" - while having no problem - and even celebrating - unarmed black men getting murdered by police officers. Basically confirming what we all know - their definition of "sanctity of life" depends on whose life it is.

Now this thread is good to go. If anyone still wants to, we can totally blow this shit up
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-31, 10:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote: Regardless of your feelings on abortion... - Page 3 502811600

Now this thread is good to go. If anyone still wants to, we can totally blow this shit up
Regardless of your feelings on abortion... - Page 3 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-31, 10:40

I'd still like to know why we can't give out birth control on every single street corner in the entire country. If I'm understanding female physiology correctly, the trigger point to getting an abortion seems to be getting pregnant. Maybe if we helped people (women mostly) not get pregnant when they don't want to be there wouldn't be nearly as many abortions. Crazy thought, but I think I'm on to something.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-08-31, 10:44

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'd still like to know why we can't give out birth control on every single street corner in the entire country. If I'm understanding female physiology correctly, the trigger point to getting an abortion seems to be getting pregnant. Maybe if we helped people (women mostly) not get pregnant when they don't want to be there wouldn't be nearly as many abortions. Crazy thought, but I think I'm on to something.

Is birth control the only way to not get pregnant?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-31, 10:46

The_Dude wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'd still like to know why we can't give out birth control on every single street corner in the entire country. If I'm understanding female physiology correctly, the trigger point to getting an abortion seems to be getting pregnant. Maybe if we helped people (women mostly) not get pregnant when they don't want to be there wouldn't be nearly as many abortions. Crazy thought, but I think I'm on to something.

Assuming you're fucking, it sure does help. And people are going to fuck pretty much no matter what you tell them about how icky it is. So, since we hate abortion so very much and the world isn't a perfect land where people are only fucking for procreation, it sure would help.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-31, 10:46

jesus doesn't like birth control.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-31, 10:48

Note- when I say birth control I'm being all encompassing of all the different ways you can fuck and limit your chances of getting pregnant. Not just pills.

Edit- but, like, pills are definitely one of the things I'm talking about.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-08-31, 10:51

The_Dude wrote:

Assuming you're fucking, it sure does help. And people are going to fuck pretty much no matter what you tell them about how icky it is. So, since we hate abortion so very much and the world isn't a perfect land where people are only fucking for procreation, it sure would help.

Who tells people fucking is 'icky'? It seems like we live in a pretty sexualized culture.

Also, how hard is it for someone to get birth control? It seems like it's super easy. Get health insurance, get birth control?

I guess I dont really follow these issues that have pretty much zero impact on my life that closely. But Im all for abortions--in fact, we need more abortions specifically in the minority communities if you look at the hard data.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-31, 10:53

it really seems like jesus would enjoy birth control and sex since, most of the time, his name gets screamed out at least once or twice during the act..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-31, 10:57

The_Dude wrote:

Who tells people fucking is 'icky'? It seems like we live in a pretty sexualized culture.

Also, how hard is it for someone to get birth control? It seems like it's super easy. Get health insurance, get birth control?

I guess I dont really follow these issues that have pretty much zero impact on my life that closely. But Im all for abortions--in fact, we need more abortions specifically in the minority communities if you look at the hard data.

Well, you're goal isn't to eliminate abortion. So, what were talking about is pretty much irrelevant to you and you would just be worried about the cost. If you wanted to save the babies then this is a more viable option.

As far as how hard it is to get- go meet some young women. Talk to them. It isn't as easy for everyone as you think it is. As indicated by the 3000 abortions per day stat that goose likes to bring up.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-31, 11:00

The_Dude wrote:

Well, you're goal isn't to eliminate abortion. So, what were talking about is pretty much irrelevant to you and you would just be worried about the cost. If you wanted to save the babies then this is a more viable option.

As far as how hard it is to get- go meet some young women. Talk to them. It isn't as easy for everyone as you think it is. As indicated by the 3000 abortions per day stat that goose likes to bring up.
just think - those are 3,000 people - every day - that we could use to build a wall to separate us from brown people.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-08-31, 11:02

The_Dude wrote:

Who tells people fucking is 'icky'?  It seems like we live in a pretty sexualized culture.

Also, how hard is it for someone to get birth control?  It seems like it's super easy.  Get health insurance, get birth control?

I guess I dont really follow these issues that have pretty much zero impact on my life that closely.  But Im all for abortions--in fact, we need more abortions specifically in the minority communities if you look at the hard data.

I thought Obamacare made it mandatory to cover birth control?  And if you're poor, isn't it easy to sign up for subsidized healthcare?

I know the problem with a lot of people is that help is out there for them, they just don't show any initiative to seek it.

But like I said, Im not particularly up to speed with womens health issues.  Let them do what they want imo, keep me out of it. I don't want to restrict anyone's rights'.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-31, 11:05

The_Dude wrote:

I thought Obamacare made it mandatory to cover birth control?  And if you're poor, isn't it easy to sign up for subsidized healthcare?

I know the problem with a lot of people is that help is out there for them, they just don't show any initiative to seek it.

But like I said, Im not particularly up to speed with womens health issues.  Let them do what they want imo, keep me out of it. I don't want to restrict anyone's rights'.
I'm not a fan of abortion.. so I decided not to have one. Sorta like gay marriage - just because the conservative SCOTUS said it was legal doesn't mean it's mandatory.

So I'm not gonna do that, either.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-08-31, 11:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

I'm not a fan of abortion.. so I decided not to have one. Sorta like gay marriage - just because the conservative SCOTUS said it was legal doesn't mean it's mandatory.

Isn't it great to live in a free country? cheers
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-31, 11:08

The_Dude wrote:

Even with health insurance it can still be too expensive for some people. It's not just poor people, it's people that have insurance through whatever company they work for, but they don't make a ton extra after all the bills and that.

You know what would make it no problem at all? If it was free. $0 after insurance or what have you. Just don't make people pay for it and abortions won't happen as much. Which, again, isn't a concern of yours so that won't appeal to you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-31, 11:18

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm not a fan of abortion.. so I decided not to have one. Sorta like gay marriage - just because the conservative SCOTUS said it was legal doesn't mean it's mandatory.

Isn't it great to live in a free country?  cheers
it is, indeed..  Regardless of your feelings on abortion... - Page 3 969504605

I mean, next thing you know, you're gonna have fellow "Spartans" telling you what you can and can't say in a message board.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-08-31, 11:22

Yeah I always laugh at the people that talk about taxpayer money going to birth control to get it to people that need it...because what's the cost for a single mother to raise a kid on welfare?

I bet it's more than what birth control costs to the taxpayer.

Last edited by The_Dude on 2015-08-31, 11:23; edited 2 times in total
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-08-31, 11:22

Crazy thing is that when R's wanted to make birth control available non prescription and over the counter - thus cheap and readily available the D's opposed that.  Must have been they were afraid of losing one of their wedge issues.

So grab on to something....but your position here is the Republican position.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-08-31, 11:24

LooseGoose wrote:
Crazy thing is that when R's wanted to make birth control available non prescription and over the counter - thus cheap and readily available the D's opposed that.  Must have been they were afraid of losing one of their wedge issues.

When did they want to do that? That's pretty interesting. I'd think it would have more to do with insurance companies being in the ear of the Dems than the abortion issue, but maybe the two worked hand in hand. Pharmaceutical in Rep ears and Insurance in Dem.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-31, 11:36

LooseGoose wrote:

I'm not as concerned with democrat and republican as you are. Believe it or not, don't care. I'm not a political party and neither represents me.

That said, over the counter is not free, so my position. Isn't really the republican position at all. (And wouldn't it mean that no one's insurance would cover it? Wouldn't that probably make it more expensive, not less?)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next