Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scale of 1-10, how excited are you for the football season?

+21
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
Blanch32
Rocinante
NigelUno
Herbie Green
Izzo Court
Gomer
WhiteBoyHatcher
Ass Dan
The_Dude
The Pantry
InTenSity
Turtleneck
Giant Moose
y2kMgrad
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
Tim Wakefield
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bolt Scale of 1-10, how excited are you for the football season?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-08-27, 17:51

I think I'm at a 12.

I can't handle the anticipation any longer.. Scale of 1-10, how excited are you for the football season? 4198636888

I've watched every hype video, all these replays, big play clips, etc. I'm going crazy over here, you guys. Help me out.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bolt Re: Scale of 1-10, how excited are you for the football season?

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-08-27, 17:58

Eleventy eleven

Next week is going to be a long week.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-08-27, 18:00

Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-08-27, 18:12

You said 1-10 and then you picked 12. If you wanted to be a 12 then you should have picked 1-12.

I gotta tell you otpt, that's the kind of lack of synergistic planning that potential employers will frown upon
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-08-27, 18:51

Out of the 12 game schedule there's really only 4 games that I'm fired up for (Oregon, Michigan, Ohio State and even though I'm on the fence about Penn State I put it down). Five of the games look like blows outs and the other three I have us as very probable to win.

If we make it to the playoffs, b10 championship game or a bowl game I'll watch. So best case scenario that's 7 games I'd be excited for out of 15. So if we make it to the national championship game 47% of the season would really fire me up.

Put me down for a 5.

***I'll add if I lived closer and could go to the games and tailgate that would greatly increase my excitement up to about a 9.

Last edited by steveschneider on 2015-08-27, 19:12; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2015-08-27, 18:53

Most exciting time of the year imo.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-08-27, 19:16

10. I think this season is our best chance in my lifetime to win the national championship.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-08-27, 19:32

They changed the helmet bumpers. Not
watching this year.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-08-27, 20:10

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-08-27, 20:13

Giant Moose wrote:10. I think this season is our best chance in my lifetime to win the national championship.
Are you going to hold some weird grudge if they don't win it? What if that WR who decommitted to pursue his rap career had a song that htey all danced to after the game?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-08-27, 20:52

Over 40 years watching Spartan football. Have learned to keep my expectations low. No Debbie Downer but it's just better that way. Shit happens. When it doesn't, I'm left with a grin.

Been smiling since Dantonio has been at State
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-08-27, 20:56

The Pantry wrote:Over 40 years watching Spartan football. Have learned to keep my expectations low. No Debbie Downer but it's just better that way. Shit happens. When it doesn't, I'm left with a grin.

You sound like my dad.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-08-27, 20:58

The Pantry wrote:Over 40 years watching Spartan football. Have learned to keep my expectations low. No Debbie Downer but it's just better that way. Shit happens. When it doesn't, I'm left with a grin.

Yep,. That's what one good season every decade B.D. taught us.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-08-27, 21:13

steveschneider wrote:Out of the 12 game schedule there's really only 4 games that I'm fired up for (Oregon, Michigan, Ohio State and even though I'm on the fence about Penn State I put it down). Five of the games look like blows outs and the other three I have us as very probable to win.

If we make it to the playoffs, b10 championship game or a bowl game I'll watch. So best case scenario that's 7 games I'd be excited for out of 15. So if we make it to the national championship game 47% of the season would really fire me up.

Put me down for a 5.

***I'll add if I lived closer and could go to the games and tailgate that would greatly increase my excitement up to about a 9.

How are you not fired up for a primetime road game in Lincoln?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-08-27, 21:17

Fucking psyyycchheeeddddd
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-08-27, 21:31

InTenSity wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Over 40 years watching Spartan football.  Have learned to keep my expectations low.  No Debbie Downer but it's just better that way.  Shit happens.  When it doesn't, I'm left with a grin.  

You sound like my dad.
Your dad sound like a good dude.

One of my daughters works for UM and is hyper-liberal.  Doubt we will ever come to terms of understanding
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-08-27, 21:35

I'd say 6. 

Tailgating sounds like more work to me than fun right now. I have to get my trailer fixed.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-08-27, 22:41

But seriously... maybe a touch apprehensive. Not yet used to having this much on the line.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-08-27, 22:54

Gomer wrote:288

But seriously... maybe a touch apprehensive.  Not yet used to having this much on the line.
The OSU game the past two years have been torture to me while in attendance. Last year at SS I asked myself why I was doing this to myself. I was getting salty and into verbal altercations that nearly turned physical with OSU fans. Even when we were still in the game. I can't handle asshole fans. I love tailgating, but for the big games I almost wish I could instantly be transported home to watch. Let me celebrate or mourn in peace.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-08-28, 08:46

InTenSity wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:10. I think this season is our best chance in my lifetime to win the national championship.
Are you going to hold some weird grudge if they don't win it? What if that WR who decommitted to pursue his rap career had a song that htey all danced to after the game?
Why would I hold a grudge? I mean I guess if Mark Scarpinato came back and saluted the Spartan this year I wouldn't be thrilled, or if Dantonio said he'd shave his head if we got to the CFP and then didn't, or if Dantonio didn't let us celebrate the CFP appearance because he was mad at the media.

I don't think any of that will happen, so no grudges necessary. Scale of 1-10, how excited are you for the football season? 55953254
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2015-08-28, 08:56

7. I'm doing my best to keep my expectations grounded in reality, but if they beat Oregon I'm going to be going full retard and calling for MSU to win the Super Bowl.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-08-28, 09:18

The_Dude wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Out of the 12 game schedule there's really only 4 games that I'm fired up for (Oregon, Michigan, Ohio State and even though I'm on the fence about Penn State I put it down). Five of the games look like blows outs and the other three I have us as very probable to win.

Put me down for a 5.

How are you not fired up for a primetime road game in Lincoln?

Are they going to be any good this year? Last year I flipped back and forth between the Giants/Nationals 18 inning thriller and the Cornhuskers game. We were winning that one easily and then had a near collapse. I recall it being three quarters of domination and then 10 minutes of mental lapses. I'm glad we avoided the loss, but it was pretty bad football.

To me the ideal matchup is MSU vs. Wisconsin. Why those two teams were never made protected rivals is beyond me because the B10 had a very good rivalry forming organically. The games were damn close, hard hitting, and usually decided in the last minute.Basically whoever had the ball last won. Even the MSU vs Wisconsin game with Maxwell at QB was great and the Maxwell era sucked. If we had Wisconsin on our schedule this year you could easily add +2 to my number up above.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-08-28, 09:22

I'm around an 8, just to answer the question. I'm hoping for the minor miracle of MSU making the CFP and coming to the Orange Bowl.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-08-28, 10:03

Put me down for a 5.

What the hell is wrong with you?

You need to lay your ass on the line for each and every game.

...Western aint no joke. And even if we do win easily we are going to find out about some new players out there.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-08-28, 10:06

Herbie Green wrote:

Put me down for a 5.

...Western aint no joke. And even if we do win easily we are going to find out about some new players out there.

Steve never got over the black mark that the Rose Bowl left on the program.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-08-28, 10:07

Turtleneck wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

You might want to take a good look in the mirror there buddy
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-08-28, 10:15

Turtleneck wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

affraid
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-08-28, 10:29

Herbie Green wrote:

Put me down for a 5.

Vegas line is at -18.5 for MSU.

I love the live atmosphere of cfb, love it. It's incredible energy. I can't make it through blow out cup cake games on TV. I just can't. I'm the same way with cbb non conference tune up games and the NBA regular season.

Not going to argue it beyond this, but the cfb seasons used to schedule better competition when I grew up and I loved the sport more when it was a 10 team conference. Growing up I saw USC in Spartan Stadium, and it wasn't that big of a deal. The non conference schedule that year was USC, Notre Dame and Florida State. This year is Western, Oregon, Airforce and CMU. Of those four games only one of them interests me the rest I expect us to be heavily favored.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-08-28, 10:37

steveschneider wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

I love the live atmosphere of cfb, love it. It's incredible energy. I can't make it through blow out cup cake games on TV. I just can't. I'm the same way with cbb non conference tune up games and the NBA regular season.

Not going to argue it beyond this, but the cfb seasons used to schedule better competition when I grew up and I loved the sport more when it was a 10 team conference. Growing up I saw USC in Spartan Stadium, and it wasn't that big of a deal. The non conference schedule that year was USC, Notre Dame and Florida State. This year is Western, Oregon, Airforce and CMU. Of those four games only one of them interests me the rest I expect us to be heavily favored.

Don't you live in NYC? Overall, NY is a terrible state for a CFB fan. There is such a lousy CFB atmosphere that it can take the fun out of the game. Nobody cares, nobody wants to talk about it, all the IA teams in the state are boring.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-08-28, 10:41

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Gomer wrote:288

But seriously... maybe a touch apprehensive.  Not yet used to having this much on the line.
The OSU game the past two years have been torture to me while in attendance. Last year at SS I asked myself why I was doing this to myself. I was getting salty and into verbal altercations that nearly turned physical with OSU fans. Even when we were still in the game. I can't handle asshole fans. I love tailgating, but for the big games I almost wish I could instantly be transported home to watch. Let me celebrate or mourn in peace.

Jesus dude, get your shit together.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-08-28, 10:43

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Don't you live in NYC? Overall, NY is a terrible state for a CFB fan. There is such a lousy CFB atmosphere that it can take the fun out of the game. Nobody cares, nobody wants to talk about it, all the IA teams in the state are boring.

There's some good sports bars where you can find fans, but there's no question about it NY is definitely a pro sports town.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-08-28, 10:48

steveschneider wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

There's some good sports bars where you can find fans, but there's no question about it NY is definitely a pro sports town.

When it comes to CFB, the whole state sucks. CBB is alight and generates buzz. College hockey is great. But overall, it sure is a pro sports state.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-08-28, 11:20

Steve likes Kentucky basketball and Calipari. Also thinks the 162 game MLB season is the best regular season.

His opinion on this is void.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-08-28, 11:28

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Also thinks the 162 game MLB season is the best regular season.
For pro sports, he's right about that especially prior to the Wild Card. MLB really made a team earn a trip to the postseason.

With the expanded Wild Card, I guess that isn't quite as true. Maybe the NFL regular season is better now. It's certainly not the NBA or NHL regular season, though.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-08-28, 11:31

Giant Moose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Also thinks the 162 game MLB season is the best regular season.
For pro sports, he's right about that especially prior to the Wild Card. MLB really made a team earn a trip to the postseason.

With the expanded Wild Card, I guess that isn't quite as true. Maybe the NFL regular season is better now. It's certainly not the NBA or NHL regular season, though.

It's college football.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-08-28, 11:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:It's college football.
Oh, he thought the MLB regular season was better than the college football regular season? Yeah, that's pretty bad.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-08-28, 11:47

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Steve likes Kentucky basketball and Calipari. Also thinks the 162 game MLB season is the best regular season.

My response is beef up the cfb regular season schedule and I'll show a lot more interest. I'm not interested in a game that I know is going to be a blowout.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-08-28, 11:51

steveschneider wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Steve likes Kentucky basketball and Calipari. Also thinks the 162 game MLB season is the best regular season.

My response is beef up the cfb regular season schedule and I'll show a lot more interest. I'm not interested in a game that I know is going to be a blowout.
I think we're getting there with 9 conference games coming and no longer allowing FCS games.

Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-08-28, 11:52

steveschneider wrote:

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-08-28, 12:00

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Upset alerts are wonderful. Trust me if the upset alert is going off I'll tune in.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next