Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If the average brick Is 6" x 12" and the Canada/U.S border is 5250 miles long .....

+15
The Pantry
Vlad
I.B. Fine
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
Dr. Strangelove
Brock Middlebrook
WhiteBoyHatcher
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
Giant Moose
InTenSity
DWags
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If the average brick Is 6" x 12" and the Canada/U.S border is 5250 miles long ..... Empty If the average brick Is 6" x 12" and the Canada/U.S border is 5250 miles long .....

Post by DWags Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:30 pm

And we build a wall 30 feet high. How many fucking bricks is that? I mean have people done the math on this? That's a lot of bricks. Plus Home Depot has 32 foot ladders.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/30/scott-walker-what-about-a-wall-on-the-canadian-border-too/
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

If the average brick Is 6" x 12" and the Canada/U.S border is 5250 miles long ..... Empty Re: If the average brick Is 6" x 12" and the Canada/U.S border is 5250 miles long .....

Post by InTenSity Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:34 pm

DWags wrote:And we build a wall 30 feet high. How many fucking bricks is that? I mean have people done the math on this? That's a lot of bricks. Plus Home Depot has 32 foot ladders.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/30/scott-walker-what-about-a-wall-on-the-canadian-border-too/
For just one layer, which I think you'd need more, its 1,663,200,000 bricks. What, maybe 10 deep of those? to 16.6 billion bricks. I wonder if someone would get a discount for bulk. Are the bricks made in the US, or China?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

If the average brick Is 6" x 12" and the Canada/U.S border is 5250 miles long ..... Empty Re: If the average brick Is 6" x 12" and the Canada/U.S border is 5250 miles long .....

Post by Giant Moose Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:36 pm

Is this wall supposed to keep Canadians from entering America or to prevent Americans from fleeing to Canada if Trump is elected?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:37 pm

I don't think we're worried about white people from Canada coming in to pick our vegetables..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:42 pm

America should just be in it's own zombie apocalypse bunker. We can be paranoid and scared of everyone more efficiently.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:44 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't think we're worried about white people from Canada coming in to pick our vegetables..
Just wait until they start firing hockey pucks at you from a zamboni.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:44 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't think we're worried about white people from Canada coming in to pick our vegetables..

There's currently a couple of black hockey players.  It starts with a trickle.

Seriously, I know we'll joke about this, but really, have we become so fucking stupid in this country that these assholes can say shit like this and we just either start waiving the flag and saying "Im votin for him, he's gonna build a wall" or have we just got to the point we all know it's all bull shit but we just kind of tolerate it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:46 pm

DWags wrote:

Seriously, I know we'll joke about this, but really, have we become so fucking stupid in this country that these assholes can say shit like this and we just either start waiving the flag and saying "Im votin for him, he's gonna build a wall" or have we just got to the point we all know it's all bull shit but we just kind of tolerate it.
I have faith that Trump will protect us from such rapists and murders.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:48 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

I have faith that Trump will protect us from such rapists and murders.

He should work on the 10% of frat boys who do that on our campuses.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:48 pm

DWags wrote:
it's ridiculous, of course - but it's the culture we live in. You can either get frustrated and annoyed by it, or you can find it entertaining.

I choose to find it entertaining and just kinda point and laugh at them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:48 pm

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I have faith that Trump will protect us from such rapists and murders.

He should work on the 10% of frat boys who do that on our campuses.
yeah - but they're his base, so I wouldn't count on that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:48 pm

DWags wrote:have we become so fucking stupid in this country that these assholes can say shit like this and we just either start waiving the flag and saying "Im votin for him, he's gonna build a wall"

No. Maybe. A little. Probably. Most definitely yes. I don't know.

Last edited by Turtleneck on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:49 pm

I we do build this wall, we should get nedgo to sit on it in a Humpty Dumpty costume. Occasionally he can fall off the wall and it would be hilarious.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:50 pm

Giant Moose wrote:I we do build this wall, we should get nedgo to sit on it in a Humpty Dumpty costume. Occasionally he can fall off the wall and it would be hilarious.
that's a good point.. we could just prop him up at the border and I'm pretty sure nobody would want to come our country and be associated with that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:50 pm

InTenSity wrote:
DWags wrote:And we build a wall 30 feet high. How many fucking bricks is that? I mean have people done the math on this? That's a lot of bricks. Plus Home Depot has 32 foot ladders.

For just one layer, which I think you'd need more, its 1,663,200,000 bricks. What, maybe 10 deep of those? to 16.6 billion bricks. I wonder if someone would get a discount for bulk. Are the bricks made in the US, or China?

I'm impressed by your math. What industry to I invest in if Walker gets elected? Who builds bricks in the U.S.?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:51 pm

DWags wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I'm impressed by your math. What industry to I invest in if Walker gets elected? Who builds bricks in the U.S.?
Mexicans.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:52 pm

DWags wrote:I'm impressed by your math. What industry to I invest in if Walker gets elected? Who builds bricks in the U.S.?
Russell Byrd was pretty good at buying bricks. I'll ask him.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:53 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

Mexicans.

Now that would be irony. Build the bricks in Mexico to keep the canadians out of Merica.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:53 pm

I've always wondered...in states like Montana and ND where huge borders are shared....are there like plots of land that span both borders? I mean most borders have some sort of natural barrier, so it's easy to make checkpoints. It would be cool if there were a red dotted line along the border, like in Bugs Bunny cartoons. There's not, is there? I really need to see this in person for myself so I can understand how it works.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:54 pm

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Mexicans.

Now that would be irony. Build the bricks in Mexico to keep the canadians out of Merica.
I actually read some knuckledragger who said something like that. He'll take all the brown people - ask them to build the wall while being on the Mexico side of it.

And, to nobody's surprised - a bunch of knuckle-dragging white people started cheering. Running for the President of the United States has become like the WWE.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:55 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

Mexicans.

Not for long! If the average brick Is 6" x 12" and the Canada/U.S border is 5250 miles long ..... 1987505431
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:55 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
DWags wrote:I'm impressed by your math. What industry to I invest in if Walker gets elected? Who builds bricks in the U.S.?
Russell Byrd was pretty good at buying bricks. I'll ask him.
He told me to kiss off. No Embarassed
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:56 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I've always wondered...in states like Montana and ND where huge borders are shared....are there like plots of land that span both borders? I mean most borders have some sort of natural barrier, so it's easy to make checkpoints. It would be cool if there were a red dotted line along the border, like in Bugs Bunny cartoons. There's not, is there? I really need to see this in person for myself so I can understand how it works.
I think you could sort of roam the land.. and as soon as you step foot over into Canada, you lose access to Netflix, drop about 25 pounds and become less interested in the Jerry Springer Show.

that's how you know you're no longer in America. It's a pretty neat little trick.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:56 pm

I hate those frost backs too.

In reality the wall that will be built will be the type you see as sound barriers on the freeways.

Figure $200 per square meter. Make the fence 3 meters tall. You're looking at something like $600,000 a mile for fence.

Bonus is you don't have to fence off the entire border because rivers and lakes are great natural boundaries.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:00 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I've always wondered...in states like Montana and ND where huge borders are shared....are there like plots of land that span both borders? I mean most borders have some sort of natural barrier, so it's easy to make checkpoints. It would be cool if there were a red dotted line along the border, like in Bugs Bunny cartoons. There's not, is there? I really need to see this in person for myself so I can understand how it works.

Pure Hollywood fantasy. I've flown to some of the same places as Indiana Jones and didn't see even one red line in the ocean.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:03 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I hate those frost backs too.

In reality the wall that will be built will be the type you see as sound barriers on the freeways.

Figure $200 per square meter. Make the fence 3 meters tall. You're looking at something like $600,000 a mile for fence.

Bonus is you don't have to fence off the entire border because rivers and lakes are great natural boundaries.

That will keep those fuckers out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:06 pm

I'm concerned that the rivers and lakes aren't much of a deterrent, though. I mean, them boys can swim, ya know. So, I propose we run an electrical current through the bodies of water and make an electrified example out of the first few Juan's and Pablo's that decide the want to come to America.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:51 pm

I don't know if Stan Van Gundy knew he was laying out 90% of the republican platform or not...

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:32 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm concerned that the rivers and lakes aren't much of a deterrent, though. I mean, them boys can swim, ya know. So, I propose we run an electrical current through the bodies of water and make an electrified example out of the first few Juan's and Pablo's that decide the want to come to America.

Those god damn Canooks will just wait till the river freezes and then skate over. We're completely screwed.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:52 pm

If the average brick Is 6" x 12" and the Canada/U.S border is 5250 miles long ..... SKQlylQ

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:56 pm

InTenSity wrote:

Don't forget around a half inch of mortar on either side of the brick
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:37 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

If the average brick Is 6" x 12" and the Canada/U.S border is 5250 miles long ..... SKQlylQ

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I could sneak across that
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:43 pm

Brock Middlebrook wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

That's exactly what they want you to think. Then............. Boom, you're dead and bears are eating you.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:47 pm

DWags wrote:
Brock Middlebrook wrote:

That's exactly what they want you to think. Then............. Boom, you're dead and bears are eating you.

You're right, those fucking Canucks can't be trusted. I will have to tunnel across.
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:10 pm

Hey, wait a minute, real 'Mericans don't use meters, we say 'feet' and 'yards', but Canadians do.
Are you some kind of Canadian spy sent to infiltrate us?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:15 pm

Yup, that's way too many bricks.  Drones equipped with infrared and laser guns, that's what we need! Shoot 'em from the sky.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:53 pm

Send those 16 billion bricks to the Mexican border. It's shorter so the wall can be built even higher
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:10 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:

Hey, wait a minute, real 'Mericans don't use meters, we say 'feet' and 'yards', but Canadians do.
Are you some kind of Canadian spy sent to infiltrate us?

Sorry the Chinks price that shit by the square meter
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:25 pm

The Pantry wrote:Send those 16 billion bricks to the Mexican border. It's shorter so the wall can be built even higher

What if the Mexicans figure out you can dig under it?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:50 pm

When I first heard Gov. Walker had said he would consider a Canadian Wall I thought it was another Onion story.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next