Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am of the opinion that there's no reason to drop 50+ on anyone.

+4
Turtleneck
DWags
SpartanInNH
Rocinante
8 posters

Go down

I am of the opinion that there's no reason to drop 50+ on anyone. Empty I am of the opinion that there's no reason to drop 50+ on anyone.

Post by Rocinante 2015-09-05, 15:39

Unless it's a shootout.

It pisses me off to see that. Like why?

"It's the other team's job to stop them."

Bullshit. Fuck Rutgers and Georgia Tech and especially Ole Miss.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I am of the opinion that there's no reason to drop 50+ on anyone. Empty Re: I am of the opinion that there's no reason to drop 50+ on anyone.

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-09-05, 15:43

Yup.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I am of the opinion that there's no reason to drop 50+ on anyone. Empty Re: I am of the opinion that there's no reason to drop 50+ on anyone.

Post by DWags 2015-09-05, 15:56

Rocinante wrote:Unless it's a shootout.

It pisses me off to see that. Like why?

Bullshit. Fuck Rutgers and Georgia Tech and especially Ole Miss.
But if asshole coaches didn't do that it's not as fun when they get their ass beat.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-05, 16:05

Rocinante wrote:Unless it's a shootout.

It pisses me off to see that.  Like why?

Bullshit.  Fuck Rutgers and Georgia Tech and especially Ole Miss.

Sometimes it just happens. First half is fair game. If the starters put up a bunch of points, are you supposed to tell the kids that play the second half to just lay down? Some of those kids might not get to play too much and that is there chance to play and have some fun.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-05, 16:08

Let me add leaving your starters in while up big points in the second half can be bush league. But what if the other team leaves their defensive starters in? Who throws in the towel first?

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2015-09-05, 16:09; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-09-05, 16:09

I thought this was going to be about hookers
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-09-05, 16:19

We beat the Emus 73 - something last year in EL
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-09-05, 16:27

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:We beat the Emus 73 - something last year in EL

We couldn't help it.  Didn't we play 5 quarterbacks?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-09-05, 16:29

Yeah that sucks. Shouldn't have done that.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-05, 16:29

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:We beat the Emus 73 - something last year in EL

They should fall down after taking the snap.

Sincerely,

Rochinante
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-09-05, 16:33

Well, unless it's scUM. Anything is fair game for those bastards
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-09-05, 16:36

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

Sincerely,

Rochinante

There are ways to not humiliate people.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-09-05, 16:43

Rocinante wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Sincerely,

Rochinante

My dad's a Michigan Hall of Fame High School Football Coach.  He begged the conference he coached in to eliminate the scoreboard of the points total for every sub  junior varsity game.  Just time down and distance.   
Sure people would keep score in the stands, and the kids would have an idea of the score give o take an extra point or two.  But the theory was that every play would be important, every down would be important and every coach would get playing time for kids in important situations other than mop up duty at the end of the game during a blow out.   

He coached too many kids on to college that were just shit as freshman.   Conference told him fuck you.

Welp.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-09-05, 16:44

DWags wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

My dad's a Michigan Hall of Fame High School Football Coach.  He begged the conference he coached in to eliminate the scoreboard of the points total for every sub  junior varsity game.  Just time down and distance.   
Sure people would keep score in the stands, and the kids would have an idea of the score give o take an extra point or two.  But the theory was that every play would be important, every down would be important and every coach would get playing time for kids in important situations other than mop up duty at the end of the game during a blow out.   

He coached too many kids on to college that were just shit as freshman.   Conference told him fuck you.

Welp.

That's a great idea.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-05, 18:49

Rocinante wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Sincerely,

Rochinante

Sure, but first half is 100% fair game. After that, play guys well into the depth chart. However, if the defense cannot stop guys who might not play again the rest of the season, what is a coach supposed to do? I suppose a coach can run the same play over and over - maybe a dive play that the defense can easily stop - but is that fair to your players or beneficial to your young players in need of experience?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-09-05, 23:45

Yeah, if we get get OConnor and Terry in there I wouldn't mind them throwing some passes but I don't know how far D would even push that. But if the 3rd string is getting 8 yards a rush what are you supposed to do?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-09-06, 00:00

Turtleneck wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Sure, but first half is 100% fair game. After that, play guys well into the depth chart.

I may even include the 1st drive of second half depending on your team. Past that, bring in the other guys
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down