Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

whats up, you guys?

+14
Herbie Green
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
Turtleneck
Code_Warrior
Rocinante
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
Giant Moose
By-Tor
SeeRockCity
NigelUno
Watch Out Pylon!
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

whats up, you guys? - Page 2 Empty Re: whats up, you guys?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-02, 15:55

Turtleneck wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Careful, we don't want the nazi deleting this thread too..

How is the job hunt going?

Not great. May be looking at Austin in the next few weeks. Thankfully, I have some time. Not going anywhere until late November.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-02, 15:58

Thanks for asking, currently working on a paper that critically analyzes jewish humor. How this applies to my degree, I'm not quite sure.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-10-02, 16:14

Turtleneck wrote:

Not great. May be looking at Austin in the next few weeks. Thankfully, I have some time. Not going anywhere until late November.

I think the Travel Channel is hiring.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-10-02, 16:15

I'm off until Wednesday, so I plan to be smoking weed like it's my job until then. Also probably gonna get a bunch of Seagram's 7 Apple Orchard Whiskey. Had it for the first time not too long ago and that shit is tasty. There could be some drunk posting in my not-too-distant future.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-02, 16:18

Cameron wrote:I'm off until Wednesday, so I plan to be smoking weed like it's my job until then. Also probably gonna get a bunch of Seagram's 7 Apple Orchard Whiskey. Had it for the first time not too long ago and that shit is tasty. There could be some drunk posting in my not-too-distant future.

Ever thought about rehab Drunk Poster? Some nice ones around my house in Arizona if you're looking for a luxurious place.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-10-02, 16:27

whats up, you guys? - Page 2 Funny-picture-rehab-thats-for-quitters
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-10-02, 16:28

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:Thanks for asking, currently working on a paper that critically analyzes jewish humor. How this applies to my degree, I'm not quite sure.

Try not to be anti-Semitic in your paper. I know it'll be hard, but try.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-02, 16:30

Turtleneck wrote:

PM Girbaud Jeans. He may be able to get you a job at his wife's practice. Do you know anything about Orthodontics? Can you pretend that you do fairly convincingly?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-10-02, 16:35

Rocinante wrote:
SpartanDawgs265 wrote:Thanks for asking, currently working on a paper that critically analyzes jewish humor. How this applies to my degree, I'm not quite sure.

I'm sure the whole thing will be plagiarized.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-02, 19:05

Turtleneck wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I'm sure the whole thing will be plagiarized.

whats up, you guys? - Page 2 502811600 They literally like run papers through a database now at MSU which will pick up on ANY thing. School is harder now than when you old fucks went.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-10-02, 20:19

Turtleneck wrote:

Seriously, look at getting a government job. Awesome benefits...unless they decide to dispose of you for some reason whats up, you guys? - Page 2 2599972566

https://www.usajobs.gov/
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-10-02, 21:20

gHost Spartan wrote:Trying to decide between Chick Fil A or pizza tonight.
I picked up a Jets Hawaiian pizza tonight. It hit the spot.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-10-02, 21:26

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:
Are you going with the WSM or the trailer?  Are you pulling an all nighter, or get up early tomorrow and smoke it all day?

Good luck with the job cuts, InTen. 

I am going to have to put it on tonight at like 9 PM I think on the WSM. The party is 12-4 so I'd have to wake up at like 4:30 to do a hot and fast cook and get it done I think. I'll set the WSM up and forget about it until I wake up and hopefully it will be ready to wrap.
WBH, you got that brisket on yet?
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-02, 21:40

Code_Warrior wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Good luck with the job cuts, InTen. 

I am going to have to put it on tonight at like 9 PM I think on the WSM. The party is 12-4 so I'd have to wake up at like 4:30 to do a hot and fast cook and get it done I think. I'll set the WSM up and forget about it until I wake up and hopefully it will be ready to wrap.

whats up, you guys? - Page 2 502811600 I literally just took this 2 minutes ago because I had to share with someone. This is what a 15.94 lb brisket looks like jammed underneath the grill handles on a 18.5" WSM. It's pretty much bent at 45 degrees in the middle, too. I barely got the hood on. 

whats up, you guys? - Page 2 21713211569_9ab334c6c3_b
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-10-02, 21:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:

whats up, you guys? - Page 2 502811600 I literally just took this 2 minutes ago because I had to share with someone. This is what a 15.94 lb brisket looks like jammed underneath the grill handles on a 18.5" WSM. It's pretty much bent at 45 degrees in the middle, too. I barely got the hood on. 

Yeah, I think you found the WSM's limit! whats up, you guys? - Page 2 502811600
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-10-02, 21:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:

That brisket looks "point"-less.

Where do you get brisket that big?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-02, 21:54

It most definitely has a point. See all that fat on the left side?

That's a choice angus from Restaurant Depot. $2.99/lb.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-10-02, 22:03

Sup bros!

I had ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair surgery today. Hurts like a bitch, but I got 80 pills of Percocet to help me cope. Feeling pret-tay, pret-tay, pret-tay good.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-10-02, 22:13

Death Roe wrote:Sup bros!

I had ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair surgery today. Hurts like a bitch, but I got 80 pills of Percocet to help me cope. Feeling pret-tay, pret-tay, pret-tay good.

Cool story.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-10-02, 22:21

Thanks man. I hope Roc approves as well. He's my role model.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-02, 22:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It most definitely has a point. See all that fat on the left side?

That's a choice angus from Restaurant Depot. $2.99/lb.

Why didn't you sack the fuck up and fire up the commercial pit? Jesus..... fucking dissapointed.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-02, 22:25

Death Roe wrote:Sup bros!

Been there, done that. Twice. Same knee. Sucks balls bro..... I didn't get no pills though. I got morphine for one day then they kicked me the fuck out the horshpital....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-10-02, 22:28

Twice? How?!
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-02, 22:47

Death Roe wrote:Twice? How?!
Death Roe wrote:Twice? How?!

First injury occurred while playing indoor soccer in South Bend in 1988. My leg = kicked by another player and literally bent sideways = 90 degrees. Busted up my ACL, MCL and tore my meniscus the fuck up. Went to the emergency room that night and they told me I sprained it. Sent me home with an ace bandage and some crutches. I was puking from pain, but I didn't know any better.

For weeks my leg kept bending sideways, I had zero stability. My mom actually accused me of faking it. I was a class A all state soccer player at the time and wanted nothing more than to get back outside and kick balls. Anyway, I finally convinced my folks that something was fucking wrong and got an appointment with Dr. Bankoff (used to be the Ortho for Notre Dame U, I lived in Niles at the time). In under a minute and a half he diagnosed a ruptured ACL and said surgery was a must. fine... we did it. I requested a copy of any film that might be taken of the surgery because I was really interested in human medicine and was considering ortho as a career at that time. Doc Bankoff said that they could provide me with a 9MM film that could be converted into VHS or some shit. I never got the tape.

Fast forward to my time at MSU... the recovery sucked ass. It was almost a damn year before I regained 80% range of motion and everything was painful as mother fuck. I went to my freshman orientation on crutches and I actually still had hopes of walking on to the kickball team at MSU under coach Braun, I believe his name was... But my knee was fucking FUBAR. By the time I arrived on campus for my frosh year in the fall of '89 I was barely able to walk to class. Good thing I was Lyman Briggs, and 97% of my classes were in Holmes Hall. By the end of my Frosh year, my knee was in more pain than ever. I could literally not walk to the football stadium without taking a break here and there....

Then, I don't know if this was the straw that broke the camels back or not, but I somehow ended up at a Cedar Village party, drunk as fuck, sitting next to a sweet ass Bose speaker that was pumping out REM or some shit. There was another Bose speaker in the same apartment pumping out the same REM tune as well.... This is not one of my prouder moments, but I'm going to admit that I unplugged the speaker and sat there for a minute........ Nobody noticed that it was off..... I kept sitting there..... still..... nothing....... So, I grabbed the speaker and walked out the door with it. Yep, I stole it. I walked out the damn door like I owned it while the other speaker kept blaring on. As soon as I got outside the apartment I heard someone start yelling that his speaker was missing, so I took off with it. I can't say for sure where exactly I was, but I ended up leaping off of a 5 step drop and landed on my right leg again. I think I re-ruptured everything on that heroic leap. I dropped the speaker and banged it up a bit, but my knee was in even more excruciating pain then ever before. After what seemed like about 5 minutes, I was finally able to gather myself and get back to my feet.... grab my hot Bose speaker, and limp all the way back to Holmes Hall where I plugged it in to my amplifier and blasted Metallica on 11 for the rest of the night.

Anyway, I'm not real proud of being a thief, but, yeah, I did it. perhaps it was karma, perhaps not, I don't know. What resulted, though, as another super invasive railroad track ACL reconstruction on the same knee. Lucky for me, Doctor Lanny Johnson (google that mother fucker one time) was still practicing in East Lansing and he reluctantly hooked me up.

Now, I'm back to 98%. I'm no longer a clepto, but I'm also no longer a grade A kick ball player in the state of Michigan. In fact, I don't think I've run on purpose since that night. I could be wrong, but running is way down on my priority list right now.

ACL surgery sucks. Having one in the 80's sucks WAY more than it did in the 90's... I'm hoping for your sake that it has gotten even better. the first one was more painful than childbirth and I can say that with confidence.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-02, 22:49

Good luck DR. I also had my left knee done in '95. ACL and meniscus. Would have been the scheduled date of Game 7 for Wings vs. Devils. Told my Dr, who was the Wings ortho Doc that we were coming back from 3-0 and I would be there for Game 7 at the Joe. That didn't happen.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-02, 22:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Good luck DR. I also had my left knee done in '95. ACL and meniscus. Would have been the scheduled date of Game 7 for Wings vs. Devils. Told my Dr, who was the Wings ortho Doc that we were coming back from 3-0 and I would be there for Game 7 at the Joe. That didn't happen.

I finally told a better story than you. I can die a happy man now.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-02, 22:57

tTy wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Good luck DR. I also had my left knee done in '95. ACL and meniscus. Would have been the scheduled date of Game 7 for Wings vs. Devils. Told my Dr, who was the Wings ortho Doc that we were coming back from 3-0 and I would be there for Game 7 at the Joe. That didn't happen.

I finally told a better story than you.  I can die a happy man now.
whats up, you guys? - Page 2 1966794946 whats up, you guys? - Page 2 1966794946

Best part is I didn't read it because it was too long. I might actually read it now but I also might not because that would be pretty fucking funny in my own brain.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-02, 23:04

whats up, you guys? - Page 2 1966794946

Ok I fucking read it. That is funny as shit. 

And it was Coach Baum. Joe Baum. Damon Rensing (sp?) who is the current coach was actually a Jr or Sr (can't remember) on the team when my roommate Fr year was on the team. He (my roommate - friend from HS) was a fucking stud in HS, too but snapped his twig twice and never got his speed back. He was on scholly but Baum removed is going into Soph year because he "couldn't trust him" due to his speed. He promptly quit the team. Rensing was a really nice guy, though, he treated my roommate and I like gold and he didn't have to. I back MSU Soccer.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-02, 23:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:whats up, you guys? - Page 2 1966794946

Ok I fucking read it. That is funny as shit. 

And it was Coach Baum. Joe Baum. Damon Rensing (sp?) who is the current coach was actually a Jr or Sr (can't remember) on the team when my roommate Fr year was on the team. He (my roommate - friend from HS) was a fucking stud in HS, too but snapped his twig twice and never got his speed back. He was on scholly but Baum removed is going into Soph year because he "couldn't trust him" due to his speed. He promptly quit the team. Rensing was a really nice guy, though, he treated my roommate and I like gold and he didn't have to. I back MSU Soccer.

Baum... Yes!!! I seriously could have been a walk on but maybe never stepped foot on the field. fuck me.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-10-02, 23:06

Are we telling fucked up knee stories?
Left knee is acl. Right knee is some type of arthritis. I had forgotten that I had a screw in my knee until I had another mri a few years ago.
I got a red card when I tore my acl.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-02, 23:11

InTenSity wrote:Are we telling fucked up knee stories?
Left knee is acl. Right knee is some type of arthritis. I had forgotten that I had a screw in my knee until I had another mri a few years ago.
I got a red card when I tore my acl.

I scored two goals in the same game on an All Star Team in Petoskey during the opening match in a tournament. One of them was fucking gorgeous one timer right into the back of the net off of a cross. The other bounced right over the left shoulder of the keeper as I skillfully kept the ball on the gound, yet the horrible pitch made the ball bounce my way and right over his head.... The only thing that sucked is that both goals were on my own net, and I was the fullback stopper.

We lost that game 3-2 and I scored 2 goals against my own team. Fucking Rockford..... We beat them in the finals though to take home the motherfucking trophy. (no own goals in that game....).
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-10-02, 23:11

80 pills??!!!

I did my ACL as well circa 1990 playing hoops. The most interesting part of my story is that I messed it up for good throwing a frisbee.

I was in a cold sweat when they took me off Percocet after a week. I think that is what I was on. ?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-02, 23:15

Herbie Green wrote:80 pills??!!!

I did my ACL as well circa 1990 playing hoops. The most interesting part of my story is that I messed it up for good throwing a frisbee.

I was in a cold sweat when they took me off Percocet after a week. I think that is what I was on. ?

I don't know what pills I had but I was only supposed to take them every 4 hours, and my I was stuck in bed. I could not fucking get out unless I was endanger of shitting or pissing myself, and sometimes I just did it in a bucket.... anywho, My mommy was so fucking escart that I was going to get hooked on painkillers that she would refuse me pain meds until EXACTLY 4 FUCKING HOURS since the last one, even though I was screaming in fucking pain. Fuck you Doc Bankoff! You fucking hack ass motherfucker!!!! I swear he botched my first ACL job. it was fucking horrible. Also, fuck you mom! Gimme some damn drugz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-10-02, 23:26

For one of my surgeries, I think for the arthritis right knee, I called the surgeons office for more pain pills. They said I should really be getting them from my primary physician but gave me a script. I called my primary the next day and they have me another script. Obviously I was in pain for the next 3 months.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-02, 23:28

InTenSity wrote:For one of my surgeries, I think for the arthritis right knee, I called the surgeons office for more pain pills. They said I should really be getting them from my primary physician but gave me a script. I called my primary the next day and they have me another script. Obviously I was in pain for the next 3 months.

The fuck kind of surgery do you do on an arthritic knee????
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-10-02, 23:33

My right knee was so swollen, it was like a grapefruit. No one knew what was wrong with it. Why the Fuck does a 21 year old have a bad knee? Aunt and uncle are both radiologists. They can't find shit. Wasn't until a year after the surgery that I saw a specialist. Went on enbrel for alt a year. Been in remission or whatever since. Sometimes I still get really bad pains and it's stiff. Sucks.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-10-02, 23:43

tTy wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:80 pills??!!!

I don't know what pills I had but I was only supposed to take them every 4 hours, and my I was stuck in bed. I could not fucking get out unless I was endanger of shitting or pissing myself, and sometimes I just did it in a bucket.... anywho, My mommy was so fucking escart that I was going to get hooked on painkillers that she would refuse me pain meds until EXACTLY 4 FUCKING HOURS since the last one, even though I was screaming in fucking pain. Fuck you Doc Bankoff! You fucking hack ass motherfucker!!!! I swear he botched my first ACL job. it was fucking horrible. Also, fuck you mom! Gimme some damn drugz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got mine done by some hack shoulder guy because I was going to have to wait a year for the knee guru. It was my 3rd arthroscopic because each time it was meniscus and cartilage and "partially torn". So I gave them permission to go in witb the knife it if he determined the ligament was unstable. So of course I wake up with the full brace on. This is outpatient surgery and I didn't know I was supposed to pick up the drugs before the procedure. Oh the pain! Stopped by the drug store on the way home and then an entire week went by.

To this day whenever I hear an athlete has a "partially torn" ligament I am like yeah right your athletic career is finished.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-10-02, 23:43

Ty, I have to take the Percocet every 4 hours. Might have been that, what you were taking.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-10-02, 23:50

Getting old sounds like it sucks.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-02, 23:52

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Getting old sounds like it sucks.
It does!
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next