Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serious post.

+23
TheReal_LWS
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
MasonGuy
WhiteGreenShow
Floyd Robertson
y2kMgrad
tanfan!
DWags
CORNER BLITZ
tTy
InTenSity
SpartanInNH
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
Tim Wakefield
Mentalstate
Travis of the Cosmos
Ass Dan
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
The Pantry
SeeRockCity
27 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Serious post. - Page 4 Empty Re: Serious post.

Post by tTy 2016-12-23, 22:42

WAGS, I'm going to be down that way for work next week.  I want to buy you a beer if you are up for it.  Thursday or Friday.  LMK...

Nordy, I just don't think of the negative.  Try not to....  If he is still truckin, he has a fucking chance.  Crazier things have happened.

Roe, I haven't really done shit except post on a message board and given some money.  Who gives a shit about money when a kid is sick as fuck like that.  My wife is the saint.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-23, 22:50

I'd love to, but we're switching realities next week. I'm going to take the kids to Manistee to see Grandma. You get to be down here in the rat race. If you're on the East Side, 'go to the East Side Tavern in Mt. Clemens. First bar in Michigan that opened up after Prohibition. Basement. The ceiling is three inches above your head. Get a fried bologna sandwich and a cold beer. It's great.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-12-23, 22:56

DWags wrote:I'd love to, but we're switching realities next week.  I'm going to take the kids to Manistee to see Grandma.   You get to be down here in the rat race.  If you're on the East Side, 'go to the East Side Tavern in Mt. Clemens.  First bar in Michigan that opened up after Prohibition. Basement.  The ceiling is three inches above your head.  Get a fried bologna sandwich and a cold beer.  It's great.  
LMAO, figures.........
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-02-06, 23:00

Evan died last night.  I want to thank all of you once again that donated.  We were able to raise over 25 thousand dollars to help support this boy and his single mom.  I only just learned this evening that his father never even bothered to meet the child.

While my wife and children weep in his passing....  I weep as well, but I never even met him....  I saw the kid once in school while I was there, but that is it.  It is just sad all the way around.  My boy wants to know how we get to Heaven so that we can see Evan again.  He misses him.  He met him one time....  And now he is hell bent on planting 10 flowers in the Spring so that "they can grow and me and Taylor can take them to Evans Mom, because Evan  is ten".  I did not make this up, that boy is a sweetheart.  He is better than me.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-06, 23:09

tTy wrote:Evan died last night.  I want to thank all of you once again that donated.  We were able to raise over 25 thousand dollars to help support this boy and his single mom.  I only just learned this evening that his father never even bothered to meet the child.

While my wife and children weep in his passing....  I weep as well, but I never even met him....  I saw the kid once in school while I was there, but that is it.  It is just sad all the way around.  My boy wants to know how we get to Heaven so that we can see Evan again.  He misses him.  He met him one time....  And now he is hell bent on planting 10 flowers in the Spring so that "they can grow and me and Taylor can take them to Evans Mom, because Evan  is ten".  I did not make this up, that boy is a sweetheart.  He is better than me.

Wow, my heart breaks for everyone here. Sorry for the loss. Just sucks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-02-06, 23:13

Sad to hear
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-02-06, 23:59

No words to describe how bad news like this sucks.

Have faith, and move forward.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-02-07, 07:22

I'm so sorry. Goddamnit life sucks sometimes.

No one should ever have to bury their child.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-07, 07:29

Death Roe wrote:I'm so sorry. Goddamnit life sucks sometimes.

No one should ever have to bury their child.

This.

Such sad news. I can't imagine the pain his mom is going through.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-02-07, 08:08

That sucks. Sorry to hear it. My condolences.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-02-07, 08:13

Absolutely horrible. Prayers for everyone involved. Sounds like you have a very compassionate son Ty.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-02-07, 10:13

They say bad news comes in 3's, now I've heard this, I am a believer.
Saw a friend yesterday that has put up a beyond amazing battle, for 15+ years, he's headed to hospice tomorrow.
Last week, found out my step-mother likely is stage 4
Now this.
To say cancer sucks is such an understatement, I know we're making progress, but it's too damn slow.
So sorry Ty, you must be setting a good example for your son, despite your self.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-02-14, 00:53

Serious post. - Page 4 Img_2018

Some anonymous donor stepped up with 15K to cover funeral costs.  Not sure if I posted that last time.  I'm meeting my wife at the funeral home tomorrow morning.  It's going to be tough......  Also, props to whoever penned the obit.  Whoever you are, you are tough...

RIP Kiddo...  I will hug your mom for you tomorrow.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-02-14, 05:35

tTy wrote:Evan died last night.  I want to thank all of you once again that donated.  We were able to raise over 25 thousand dollars to help support this boy and his single mom.  I only just learned this evening that his father never even bothered to meet the child.

Sad sad sad. I'm terribly sorry for your family's loss
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-14, 06:13

Your life is richer having known Evan. Be positive and give his mom a hug from tSwill too. Many times we all disagree on this board, but I think I can say I'm speaking for everyone of us that all of our hearts are broken.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-14, 07:29

just a sad, tragic story.. thoughts with his family during such an unimaginably painful time. Children should never have to experience this sort of thing..

RIP, little man. No
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-02-14, 07:31

DWags wrote:Your life is richer having known Evan. Be positive and give his mom a hug from tSwill too. Many times we all disagree on this board, but I think I can say I'm speaking for everyone of us that all of our hearts are broken.
Totally agree. The obit is moving, particularly the Lincoln quote, I will commit that to memory.
By the way, the friend I mentioned was going to hospice last week passed Saturday, 4 days later. He would have been 56 today, Valentines Day, but he packed a lot of life in those years, even while fighting cancer.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-14, 07:36

I.B. Fine wrote:
DWags wrote:Your life is richer having known Evan. Be positive and give his mom a hug from tSwill too. Many times we all disagree on this board, but I think I can say I'm speaking for everyone of us that all of our hearts are broken.
Totally agree. The obit is moving, particularly the Lincoln quote, I will commit that to memory.
By the way, the friend I mentioned was going to hospice last week passed Saturday, 4 days later. He would have been 56 today, Valentines Day, but he packed a lot of life in those years, even while fighting cancer.
I'm sufficiently depressed now.

pale
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-02-14, 07:58

tTy, sorry to hear this news. Very sad for those left behind. The comforting part of this is that Evan is no more in pain, and, as your son pointed out, is Heaven now with the Lord and his Angels.

And your son does sound like a sweetheart. And he is asking a very important question: "How do we get to Heaven?" Proving that God can make good come out of even bad things.

I will keep Evan's family in my prayers, as well as yours tTy.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-02-14, 13:02

Sorry to hear that Ty. It's terrible when these things happy to anyone, but when they happen to a child it just seems that much worse.

Prayers for his mother and everyone who is hurting.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4