Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serious post.

+23
TheReal_LWS
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
MasonGuy
WhiteGreenShow
Floyd Robertson
y2kMgrad
tanfan!
DWags
CORNER BLITZ
tTy
InTenSity
SpartanInNH
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
Tim Wakefield
Mentalstate
Travis of the Cosmos
Ass Dan
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
The Pantry
SeeRockCity
27 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Serious post. - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious post.

Post by Guest 2015-10-26, 21:08

Donation of 10 dollars Serious post. - Page 2 55953254
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-26, 21:12

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:Donation of 10 dollars Serious post. - Page 2 55953254

You spent your entire allowance on the donation? Thanks man!!!!!!!!

Kidding. Thanks! For real.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-26, 21:14

PS: you are the 100th person to donate to this, and I'd guess that 80% of us were Spartans. I'm proud as fuck of Spartan Nation right now. My wife just informed me that this lady lost her job due to having to take excessive time off work, and now she is unemployed to boot. Probably has been for weeks, my wife sucks at details.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-10-26, 21:16

tTy wrote:PS: you are the 100th person to donate to this, and I'd guess that 80% of us were Spartans. I'm proud as fuck of Spartan Nation right now. My wife just informed me that this lady lost her job due to having to take excessive time off work, and now she is unemployed to boot. Probably has been for weeks, my wife sucks at details.

Serious post. - Page 2 1833121890
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-26, 21:20

tTy wrote:
SpartanDawgs265 wrote:Donation of 10 dollars Serious post. - Page 2 55953254

You spent your entire allowance on the donation? Thanks man!!!!!!!!

Kidding. Thanks! For real.

Serious post. - Page 2 502811600
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-26, 21:46

Did you ask isportsDave/David Harns or whatever his name is to spread the message? I bet he would. He's no Rexrode but he's got followers. Hell I'd ask Hondo, too.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-26, 21:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Did you ask isportsDave/David Harns or whatever his name is to spread the message? I bet he would. He's no Rexrode but he's got followers. Hell I'd ask Hondo, too.

Hondo just ate a 50 ounce ribeye.  That dude is going to need his own GOFUNDME in the near future.

Hondo Chestnut

I'll hit up Harns.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-26, 22:17

tTy wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Did you ask isportsDave/David Harns or whatever his name is to spread the message? I bet he would. He's no Rexrode but he's got followers. Hell I'd ask Hondo, too.

Hondo just ate a 50 ounce ribeye.  That dude is going to need his own GOFUNDME in the near future.

Hondo Chestnut

I'll hit up Harns.
If you follow him, he follows you back. You could DM him so as to avoid putting him on the spot.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-26, 22:22

lol, already did that.

I just tweeted Jemele, but she is all riled up about a white cop beating up a non-compliant black kid in an 8 second video with zero context right now.... #Shocking.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-26, 22:51

DM sent to Harns.

I know this place doesn't get this much traffic, so I kinda feel safe asking this here.... Is it OK of me to be online begging like this? I am pretty shocked that TC hasn't rallied and gotten this done yet. This story has been on the news, in the paper, on the radio.... it actually kinda sickens me that it has taken me posting it on the RCMB to get it this far. What the hell is wrong with my community that they couldn't raise friggin 2 grand for this kid? Beth told me tonight that they MIGHT have cleared 4K from the fund raiser on Saturday that she went to, but if it weren't for the gofundme thing, they would have ended up with like 5 grand total between the fund raiser and the gofundme (after gofundme takes their cut, which is nearly 10%, I think).

Anyway, I'm very grateful that you tSwillsters and the RCMB have stepped the fuck up huge because, otherwise, this would have been a god damn embarrassment in terms of raising money for these people. Why is it so hard to raise money for a 9 year old kid with brain cancer with a single mom who lost her job and wrecked her car and he has autism? Does it take banging on doors and getting in peoples faces? I have no idea...

I guess I've answered my own question, I don't feel bad for this. Why should I? I'm a little dissapointed in my community though for not coming through. Super impressed with Spartan Nation though..... Very proud of this effort.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-26, 23:01

Ty, you need a hook. Not that the story needs a hook. It's terrible enough on its own. But you need to make it more personal somehow, or to get a print/internet media outlet to take up your cause. It would spread from there. 

Get the mom/parents ready to do an interview. Instead of asking people to retweet shit, get a hold of someone like Rex/Couch/Charbs/Seidel/Lacy/Henning/Vannini/Grincz and tell them you have a compelling story. Set up the background, sell your wife or the parents as the unsung hero(es), offer contact up and anecdotal evidence of the kid being a Spartan fan and your futility in getting the story humming and I think you will have better success. 

I think people are probably healthily skeptical of random GFM retweet requests in this day and age.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-26, 23:08

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Ty, you need a hook. Not that the story needs a hook. It's terrible enough on its own. But you need to make it more personal somehow, or to get a print/internet media outlet to take up your cause. It would spread from there. 

Get the mom/parents ready to do an interview. Instead of asking people to retweet shit, get a hold of someone like Rex/Couch/Charbs/Seidel/Lacy/Henning/Vannini/Grincz and tell them you have a compelling story. Set up the background, sell your wife or the parents as the unsung hero(es), offer contact up and anecdotal evidence of the kid being a Spartan fan and your futility in getting the story humming and I think you will have better success. 

I think people are probably healthily skeptical of random GFM retweet requests in this day and age.

Mom has done some interviews locally. The news stations kinds half assed it, to be honest. One of the dudes on RCMB hooked Beth up with MLIVE who is now in touch with mom, so maybe that will do the trick. Who knows.... I'm still kinda confused why TC didn't just take care of these people. Shouldn't have been a damn problem.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-26, 23:12

I hate to say it, but it needs a catchy hook. He's a huge Spartan fan and Coach D has reached out to him. He is a huge Lions fan and he's so frustrated by the team's suckiness that he has auctioned off his fandom on eBay to raise money for his cause. Etc.

Unfortunately in our stupid ADD attenshun span society in this day and age even a tragic story like this one doesn't catch traction until there's a catch to it. Then and only THEN are random eyeballs drawn to it.

Sad but true.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-26, 23:19

Well, I'm not going to friggin lie about this. It's just going to take the right reporter to do the right story is all.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-10-27, 06:15

tTy wrote:DM sent to Harns.

I know this place doesn't get this much traffic, so I kinda feel safe asking this here.... Is it OK of me to be online begging like this? I am pretty shocked that TC hasn't rallied and gotten this done yet. This story has been on the news, in the paper, on the radio.... it actually kinda sickens me that it has taken me posting it on the RCMB to get it this far. What the hell is wrong with my community that they couldn't raise friggin 2 grand for this kid? Beth told me tonight that they MIGHT have cleared 4K from the fund raiser on Saturday that she went to, but if it weren't for the gofundme thing, they would have ended up with like 5 grand total between the fund raiser and the gofundme (after gofundme takes their cut, which is nearly 10%, I think).

Anyway, I'm very grateful that you tSwillsters and the RCMB have stepped the fuck up huge because, otherwise, this would have been a god damn embarrassment in terms of raising money for these people. Why is it so hard to raise money for a 9 year old kid with brain cancer with a single mom who lost her job and wrecked her car and he has autism? Does it take banging on doors and getting in peoples faces? I have no idea...

I guess I've answered my own question, I don't feel bad for this. Why should I? I'm a little dissapointed in my community though for not coming through. Super impressed with Spartan Nation though..... Very proud of this effort.

Don't feel embarrassed at all. I wouldn't, why would you? You're trying to do good. Fuck anybody who gives you a side eye.

And Eric Lacy strikes me a sucker for this shit. Hit him up on the tweeterverse.

Good on ya, Ty.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-10-27, 08:31

I'd say that you are doing the right thing. I don't think of it as begging. Can't believe that Gofundme takes 10%. Like WBH says, its going to take something, either hard work or a lucky break. Maybe go hit up the restaurants in TC, maybe Meijer. Go to the local breweries and see if there is anything they can do.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-10-27, 17:32

Just saw this! As said above, I never look at the stickies. Just had to spend 1300 dollars unexpectedly, but when I get paid this friday, I will get on this. Good on you and your wife, Ty.

Now post your songs.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-27, 21:13

Rocinante wrote:Just saw this! As said above, I never look at the stickies. Just had to spend 1300 dollars unexpectedly, but when I get paid this friday, I will get on this. Good on you and your wife, Ty.

Now post your songs.

Thanks buddy...

I'll get around to that one of these days.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-28, 00:53

I just realized that Victory Bell is Rexrodes cousin or nephew or some shit, and that dude and I used to chat quite a bit. I'm gonna hunt down VB and have him twist Rexrodes arm. Also, do you guys know anything about Paige Duren? How the hell could I have missed this? I didn't frickin sleep walk through these times in MSU sprots history... At least I don't think I did....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-10-29, 19:38

You know, not to be dumb, but you say how proud you are of the response of Spartan Nation -- how about tweeting it at some prominent scUMmers as a challenge? Who? Fucked if I know, I hate those bastards, but you know what I mean. Hell, toss it out at Captain Kirk and Day Day and Magic, just to even out the odds a bit.

You can either accept "no" or make people say it to you, is my theory. Fuck it.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-29, 21:20

SpartanInNH wrote:You know, not to be dumb, but you say how proud you are of the response of Spartan Nation -- how about tweeting it at some prominent scUMmers as a challenge? Who? Fucked if I know, I hate those bastards, but you know what I mean. Hell, toss it out at Captain Kirk and Day Day and Magic, just to even out the odds a bit.

I tried and tried and tried to get this going via twitter and got zero momentum. Max and Riley Bullough retweeted it, Delvon Roe retweeted it, DickieV retweeted it... Lots of people retweeted it. Bob from Bob and Tom Show retweeted it and then I'm pretty sure that he donated $500 immediately afterward, but still, it didn't gain any traction. I highly doubt tweeting at UM people is going to do a damn bit of good. I tried to post it on the 247 equivalent for UM once the RCMB started kicking ass, but you would have a better shot of getting invited to join the Free Masons than figuring out all the secret handshakes and whatnot to get through security to post on that board.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-10-29, 21:55

The secret to get into the scum page. Tell them you are a high school dropout. Instant credibility.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-29, 21:56

InTenSity wrote:The secret to get into the scum page. Tell them you are a high school dropout. Instant credibility.

lol

tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-10-30, 17:08

SpartanInNH wrote:You know, not to be dumb, but you say how proud you are of the response of Spartan Nation -- how about tweeting it at some prominent scUMmers as a challenge? Who? Fucked if I know, I hate those bastards, but you know what I mean. Hell, toss it out at Captain Kirk and Day Day and Magic, just to even out the odds a bit.

This. Try Mgoblog. There's a site on SBNation that has a fundraising thing and they win it every year. Give them a shot
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-10-31, 22:21

you try the Alumni Assoc guy Scott Westerman?

https://twitter.com/MSUScottW
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-03, 23:20

HA! What was this one about?

"A very cool Spartan wins a contest and donates his winnings to the young man--- MSU Addict via Wags"
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-04, 00:07

tTy wrote:HA! What was this one about?

"A very cool Spartan wins a contest and donates his winnings to the young man--- MSU Addict via Wags"

My prop bet Friday. I send the winner a prize but this week addict just said send my winnings to tTy's deal. So I put in 15 in his name.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-04, 00:08

DWags wrote:
tTy wrote:HA! What was this one about?

My prop bet Friday. I send the winner a prize but this week addict just said send my winnings to tTy's deal. So I put in 15 in his name.

::Ass Slap::
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-11-05, 10:52

Donated
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-05, 11:40

Tanfan! wrote:Donated

thanks CL....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-11-05, 12:52

tTy wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:Donated

thanks CL.....

PIcs of wife. I am hot for teacher.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-05, 20:52

Tanfan! wrote:
tTy wrote:

thanks CL.....

Couple pics.  These are old.... here is one of me and the old girl at Niagra, and here is another one we got of me and my best pal and Coach Tom holding up the ball and chain I put on my buddy's leg the day of his bachelor party.  Fucking coolest pic I've ever been in.

Beth and I at Niagra, before kids.... on the way to Maine.  I fucked up about 25 lobstahs on this trip in under 5 days.  Brought back a 110 quart cooler stuffed to the gills with about 40 live lobs.  Drove straight home for 26 hours or some shit and boiled em all up when we got home.

Serious post. - Page 2 Beth_a10

At the Rose Bowl when we are old as fuck..... Love this girl.....

Serious post. - Page 2 Img_0110

Best pic ever taken.  Izzo is cool as shit.  I had to chase him down, like 50 yards, talked him into coming back to our tailgate to snap this pic.  Frickin love this.  Later this night, I almost drown my best friend because we were blasted at the hotel and headed down to the pool.  Luckily it was locked up or he'd have been in a pool with a 16 pound spare ball bolted to his ankle.  Literally. Bachelor is on Izzo's right, with his arm around him. Actually, my first date with my wife was supposed to be at his wedding, but I decided to call it off because I thought it would be a horrible date because I knew I'd fucking blat when I gave the Best Man Speech, and I did....... I'm a damn bitch. I worked it out with Beth later though, obv....

Serious post. - Page 2 Ballnc10
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-11-05, 21:16

tTy wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

Couple pics.  These are old.... here is one of me and the old girl at Niagra, and here is another one we got of me and my best pal and Coach Tom holding up the ball and chain I put on my buddy's leg the day of his bachelor party.  Fucking coolest pic I've ever been in.

Beth and I at Niagra, before kids.... on the way to Maine.  I fucked up about 25 lobstahs on this trip in under 5 days.  Brought back a 110 quart cooler stuffed to the gills with about 40 live lobs.  Drove straight home for 26 hours or some shit and boiled em all up when we got home.

Best pic ever taken.  Izzo is cool as shit.  I had to chase him down, like 50 yards, talked him into coming back to our tailgate to snap this pic.  Frickin love this.  Later this night, I almost drown my best friend because we were blasted at the hotel and headed down to the pool.  Luckily it was locked up or he'd have been in a pool with a 16 pound spare ball bolted to his ankle.  Literally. Bachelor is on Izzo's right, with his arm around him. Actually, my first date with my wife was supposed to be at his wedding, but I decided to call it off because I thought it would be a horrible date because I knew I'd fucking blat when I gave the Best Man Speech, and I did....... I'm a damn bitch. I worked it out with Beth later though, obv....

You truly are good people. Your wife is a saint. Love niagra falls. My mother in law lives there.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-05, 21:32

Tanfan! wrote:
tTy wrote:

You truly are good people. Your wife is a saint. Love niagra falls. My mother in law lives there.

Thanks again for the donate, that was huge...

I'm going to go on the RCMB later tonight and challenge them to match me dollar for dollar until we hit 10K. Fuck it.....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-05, 21:34

also, please respeck the fact that I wore a game worn Lloyd Clemons jersey to the damn Rose Bowl. There are literally only 20 people on Earth who could appreciate the gravity of that situ.....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-11-06, 12:04

Nice Job Ty! Only $500 to go and you reach the 10k. Now is when it needs to go viral and somehow get over 20k. Honestly you should try to get Westerman to do something with the Alumni Association.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2015-11-06, 21:03

Donated $40. tWife had cancer and it sucked ass but she made it through.

Good luck to the kid!
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-11-06, 21:04

Damn, Ty, you are the man. Serious post. - Page 2 3493939353 Good for you, and good for Evan. Hoping he pulls through.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-11-06, 23:12

SpartanInNH wrote:Damn, Ty, you are the man.  Serious post. - Page 2 3493939353 Good for you, and good for Evan.  Hoping he pulls through.  

NIGEL NO DONATE. NIGEL GARBAGE
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-07, 02:12

y2kMgrad wrote:Donated $40. tWife had cancer and it sucked ass but she made it through.

Good luck to the kid!

Thanks man.... What is the story on your gal?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next