Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serious post.

+23
TheReal_LWS
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
MasonGuy
WhiteGreenShow
Floyd Robertson
y2kMgrad
tanfan!
DWags
CORNER BLITZ
tTy
InTenSity
SpartanInNH
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
Tim Wakefield
Mentalstate
Travis of the Cosmos
Ass Dan
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
The Pantry
SeeRockCity
27 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Serious post. - Page 3 Empty Re: Serious post.

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-11-07, 09:15

The problem with this announcement is that it's pinned at the top.  I never noticed it until earlier this morning, but I upped the total a little.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteGreenShow 2015-11-07, 12:08

tTY, your passion for this has really made a difference. Don't stop now keep it going brother.
WhiteGreenShow
WhiteGreenShow
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy 2015-11-07, 21:07

Done. My 4 year old granddaughter lost her life to cancer. Every fight against cancer is a fight worth waging. Good luck!
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-11-07, 21:15

Damn. That hurts my heart. Sorry MG.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-08, 10:12

MasonGuy wrote:Done. My 4 year old granddaughter lost her life to cancer. Every fight against cancer is a fight worth waging. Good luck!

I can't even imagine..... Very sorry to hear that MG...... As the father of two 5 year olds, it doesn't seem like something I could handle very well.

FYI, this was posted on the GFM page yesterday:

Andrea Matusik

19 hours ago
I am Evan's mom and I am totally grateful for all the support everyone has given Evan through this tough time. He continues to fight and be strong. Knowing that there are people out there who still care about other people when they need it the most makes my heart happy. Evan is such a special boy and my world and heart. Again thank you so much for all of your kindness!!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2015-11-08, 21:53

tTy wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:Donated $40. tWife had cancer and it sucked ass but she made it through.

Good luck to the kid!

Thanks man.... What is the story on your gal?

She had Melanoma (skin cancer). It had spread to her lymph nodes so she had to undergo a few operations to cut them out and a year of chemo. She's currently in remission but they're keeping a close eye on it. So far so good. Fuck that disease.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-08, 22:25

y2kMgrad wrote:
tTy wrote:

Thanks man.... What is the story on your gal?

She had Melanoma (skin cancer). It had spread to her lymph nodes so she had to undergo a few operations to cut them out and a year of chemo. She's currently in remission but they're keeping a close eye on it. So far so good. Fuck that disease.

That is some scary stuff. I'm a super light skinned dude myself, and I used to get hella sun burned as a youth. I just didn't care.... didn't know any better.

Good luck to you and your girl. I appreciate your support, tons... thanks man....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-08, 22:32

LOL, I don't know what went down with this guy last night, but you all need to give him some props....

$614
WhiteGreenShow -
1 day ago
Fight on Evan, Ty and Beth this donation is on your behalf. You are doing a great thing for this family. SpartanSwill
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2015-11-08, 23:13

tTy wrote:LOL, I don't know what went down with this guy last night, but you all need to give him some props....

$614
WhiteGreenShow -
1 day ago
Fight on Evan, Ty and Beth this donation is on your behalf. You are doing a great thing for this family. SpartanSwill

Serious post. - Page 3 1486952199
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-11-09, 02:04

tTy wrote:LOL, I don't know what went down with this guy last night, but you all need to give him some props....

$614
WhiteGreenShow -
1 day ago

#authenticballer
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-09, 02:17

Damn, there are some great fucking people on this board.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteGreenShow 2015-11-09, 18:00

$614
WhiteGreenShow -
1 day ago

This donation actually happened at about 9:30AM central time on Saturady. I saw that $614 more was needed to clear 10K (after the 10% cut go fund me takes) so I went for it.
WhiteGreenShow
WhiteGreenShow
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-10, 14:20

WhiteGreenShow wrote:

$614
WhiteGreenShow -
1 day ago

This donation actually happened at about 9:30AM central time on Saturady. I saw that $614 more was needed to clear 10K (after the 10% cut go fund me takes) so I went for it.
Serious post. - Page 3 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-12, 19:06

WhiteGreenShow wrote:

$614
WhiteGreenShow -
1 day ago

I was wondering where that number came from. Also, I didn't know they rake that much. GUH!!!!!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-11-13, 06:33

None of my business, Ty, but did any of the local car dealerships pitch in? Pony up a fleet vehicle, or something? Hope so.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-13, 15:29

SpartanInNH wrote:None of my business, Ty, but did any of the local car dealerships pitch in? Pony up a fleet vehicle, or something? Hope so.

I haven't had time to do anything, really. Work has been nutzo for me and I have had zero time for extracurricular activities. Today is my first vacation day of 2015, actually. It's 11/13 and somehow I don't think I'm going to get to use up my 4 weeks prior to year end when I lose them all. Being part of a take over is cray-cray when you are on the acquiree side of things. At least it is working out well for me so far minus the not being able to take a day off part.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-11-14, 09:09

tTy wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:None of my business, Ty, but did any of the local car dealerships pitch in? Pony up a fleet vehicle, or something? Hope so.

I haven't had time to do anything, really. Work has been nutzo for me and I have had zero time for extracurricular activities. Today is my first vacation day of 2015, actually. It's 11/13 and somehow I don't think I'm going to get to use up my 4 weeks prior to year end when I lose them all. Being part of a take over is cray-cray when you are on the acquiree side of things. At least it is working out well for me so far minus the not being able to take a day off part.

Wow. And even yet, you managed to help this family out big-time. Well done, and
Serious post. - Page 3 RELAX-Man-on-beach-w-computer
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2015-11-15, 12:59

tTy wrote:

Pass the idea on to others, let others help you with that.

And start to make some email headers to end to the managers:

Austic Boy w/cancer: Your chance to help him & your community.

Things like that. Grab them, and put their egos to work as well. And of course, that is a tax write-off for them, and the bottom line it the only line most of them care about. Free PR, free goodwill organic advertising (which is the best) and a tax write-off.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-11-21, 15:05

Good to see the fund is still "live" - somebody did a fundraiser last week. Serious post. - Page 3 1486952199
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-11-21, 20:28

Some dude from the RCMB sent me a bunch of kick ass glossys, one of which is signed by Drew Nietzle, to give to him.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-11-21, 21:02

tTy wrote:Some dude from the RCMB sent me a bunch of kick ass glossys, one of which is signed by Drew Nietzle, to give to him.

NICE! We'll turn the kid into a Spartan yet.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-02-25, 01:33

FYI, update, Evan has had an MRI within the past two weeks and everything is looking good in terms of his recovery, recently. However, my wife says that he has lost a bit of his cognitive ability due to the treatment. No idea whether it will return or not, but, at least he is still alive and well...... He is still attending school when he is able.... I want to thank you all once again for all that you gave to this family. Very awesome.....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-02-25, 19:09

tTy wrote:FYI, update, Evan has had an MRI within the past two weeks and everything is looking good in terms of his recovery, recently. However, my wife says that he has lost a bit of his cognitive ability due to the treatment. No idea whether it will return or not, but, at least he is still alive and well...... He is still attending school when he is able.... I want to thank you all once again for all that you gave to this family. Very awesome.....

Very sorry about the loss of cognitive ability, but very glad he's alive and well! Thanks for the update.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-12-01, 22:29

Sounds like this kid is not long for this world, after all....  From what I can gather, new mass in his skull, metastasis to his spinal chord, and immuno issues causing all kinds of problems.  I guess the principal at the school broke down today trying to give the staff an update as to his well being.

I want to thank you all, once again, for all that you contributed to this effort.  It meant the world to this child, his mother, and my wife.... his former teacher.

I think about this kid all the time, even though I've never met him.  I've seen him in person once.  That was about two months ago and he was bald as fuck, but lively, and I didn't think this news was coming, but it sounds like he's going down for the count.  Sick....

Anyway, thanks again guys, we all did what we could.....  I sincerely appreciate it, as does my wife....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-12-01, 22:42

Sad update. I'm sorry to hear that. Right now it's one of my worst fears. That one of my kids suddenly gets sick.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-12-01, 22:48

Ugh, fuck this world sometimes. I'm sorry to hear, man.

Glad I donated and if I had to do it all over again, I would.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-12-01, 22:56

InTenSity wrote:Sad update. I'm sorry to hear that. Right now it's one of my worst fears. That one of my kids suddenly gets sick.

Dude, you gotta just appreciate what you got when you got it.  If you let the fear of what could be = creep into your life, you will never fully appreciate what you actually have when you have it.  Life is gonna happen.....  Love what you have when you have it.  That is my take away from things like this.  That is why I give to people like this when I can.  Fuck it, I can't take it with me, and I'm good right now, soooooooo....  minus well try to help.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-12-01, 22:59

Death Roe wrote:Ugh, fuck this world sometimes. I'm sorry to hear, man.

Glad I donated and if I had to do it all over again, I would.

Seriously, you guys were all terrific on this.  Very thankful for all that you did... VERY VERY thankful.

I know I am an asshole on here a lot and that is because I'm not perfect and like to have fun pissing people off on the internet because I'm a dipshit, but I can't thank you all enough for what you all helped us do for this family back when this all started....  It was special.  It helped a lot, and we did what we could.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-12-01, 23:06

Sorry to hear.

Never understood kids being checked out of life so young. Have become a firm believer in reincarnation over the years.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-12-01, 23:11

The Pantry wrote:Sorry to hear.

Never understood kids being checked out of life so young.  Have become a firm believer in reincarnation over the years.

It's not only that he has, evidently, terminal brain cancer, he's autistic as well.  Seriously.  WTF?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-02, 00:09

tTy wrote:Sounds like this kid is not long for this world, after all....  From what I can gather, new mass in his skull, metastasis to his spinal chord, and immuno issues causing all kinds of problems.  I guess the principal at the school broke down today trying to give the staff an update as to his well being.

I want to thank you all, once again, for all that you contributed to this effort.  It meant the world to this child, his mother, and my wife.... his former teacher.

I think about this kid all the time, even though I've never met him.  I've seen him in person once.  That was about two months ago and he was bald as fuck, but lively, and I didn't think this news was coming, but it sounds like he's going down for the count.  Sick....

Anyway, thanks again guys, we all did what we could.....  I sincerely appreciate it, as does my wife....

Damn, I'm sorry tTy. For your wife too. That will not be an easy thing on her or the kids she has to deal with. Thoughts are with you guys and the kids family.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-12-02, 08:30

tTy wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Sorry to hear.

Never understood kids being checked out of life so young.  Have become a firm believer in reincarnation over the years.

It's not only that he has, evidently, terminal brain cancer, he's autistic as well.  Seriously.  WTF?

Damn that sucks dude. It's always shitty when someone so young is given such a shitty deal.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-12-02, 08:43

I have a cousin that was born with a malignant tumor on her adrenal gland. By time she was 4 months old she had already had cancer surgery and was on chemo.

Good news is that she is in her late twenties, and other than having to have teeth implants (chemo kills the permanent teeth buds that are still growing in a baby's jaw) she shows no lingering effects. Kids with cancer is one the saddest things in this life.

tTy, you are awesome dude. If we weren't manly dudes I'd give you a hug if I ever met you!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2016-12-02, 09:13

Well, this sucks.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-12-02, 09:15

SeeRockCity wrote:Well, this sucks.

I have nothing eloquent to add except this.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-12-02, 09:34

tTy wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Sad update. I'm sorry to hear that. Right now it's one of my worst fears. That one of my kids suddenly gets sick.

Dude, you gotta just appreciate what you got when you got it.  If you let the fear of what could be = creep into your life, you will never fully appreciate what you actually have when you have it.  Life is gonna happen.....  Love what you have when you have it.  That is my take away from things like this.  That is why I give to people like this when I can.  Fuck it, I can't take it with me, and I'm good right now, soooooooo....  minus well try to help.
Ok, I don't sit around thinking about it every day. I did think about it when Kyle had his heart surgery and you see all these sick kids. Ran into a mother who was bringing her daughter in, who had Downs. I asked her if she was there for the surgery as well, and she said, no her hair had just grown back because she had leukemia. Although I don't think about it, its in the back of my head. We do try to have as much fun as possible though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-12-23, 21:31

My wife and kids took Evan and his mom out to lunch at Olive Garden today.  Wifey took up another collection (smallish this time) just so that she could help out with Christmas for he and his mom.  He is still undergoing treatments and his hair is just growing back a bit.  I haven't had the balls to ask her for an update on his prognosis since she last told me about the metastasis and whatnot, or current status, because I don't want her to have to tell me (cuz I suspect it's still not good).  Kind of feel guilty looking at these pics of my two little healthy dipshits right next to him, but they all look like they were having a good time, sooooo......  guh...........

Just thought I'd share that Evan is still alive and kicking and still at least being a happy little kid somehow with so much stacked against him.  And every time my wife brings him up, or shares pics of him with me I think of all that you guys helped out with and feel grateful that you are all so damn giving and kindhearted and cool as shit.

Serious post. - Page 3 Img_2016

And, before anyone asks, yes, I let my boy paint his fingernails with his sister last night....  He did a terrible job, but I love the color....

Serious post. - Page 3 Img_2011

Serious post. - Page 3 Img_2013

Serious post. - Page 3 Img_2014
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-12-23, 22:04

You and your family are awesome for him to have around, Ty. No matter the outcome, he'll have a shitload of good memories with you and his friends. That's great.

Merry Christmas.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-23, 22:24

Fucking Awesome, heartbreaking, up lifting. Love the fact your kids are just being with Evan, not Evan the sick kid. Kids are way cooler than adults. They just are.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-12-23, 22:37

Excellent. Hopefully he keeps on trucking.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next