Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lombardi and Offensive line coach just got fired

+5
Other Teams Pursuing That
tig ol bitties
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
DWags
9 posters

Go down

Lombardi and Offensive line coach just got fired Empty Lombardi and Offensive line coach just got fired

Post by DWags 2015-10-26, 18:07

Like it will help. Lions need new ownership
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Lombardi and Offensive line coach just got fired Empty Re: Lombardi and Offensive line coach just got fired

Post by DWags 2015-10-26, 18:11

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13979338/detroit-lions-fire-offensive-coordinator-joe-lombardi-two-ol-coaches
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Lombardi and Offensive line coach just got fired Empty Re: Lombardi and Offensive line coach just got fired

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-10-26, 18:17

I have complete faith now that a guy named Jim Bob Cooter is the OC.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-10-26, 18:39

They still have shitty offensive line, shitty quarterback, and fumble prone running back, right?

OK. Cool.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties 2015-10-26, 18:44

"Cooter was arrested in 2006 for DUI, but he was arrested again for a more serious – and bizarre – offense in 2009. According to WVLT in Knoxville, Tenn., Cooter was charged with aggravated burglary after allegedly getting into bed with a woman after climbing into the window of her apartment and stripping down to his underwear. The woman called the police, who arrested Cooter, and he was released on a $10,000 bond the next day."

Suspect
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-26, 19:04

tig ol bitties wrote:"Cooter was arrested in 2006 for DUI, but he was arrested again for a more serious – and bizarre – offense in 2009. According to WVLT in Knoxville, Tenn., Cooter was charged with aggravated burglary after allegedly getting into bed with a woman after climbing into the window of her apartment and stripping down to his underwear. The woman called the police, who arrested Cooter, and he was released on a $10,000 bond the next day."

Suspect

So far, I like the hire...

Lombardi and Offensive line coach just got fired 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-10-26, 19:11

tig ol bitties wrote:"Cooter was arrested in 2006 for DUI, but he was arrested again for a more serious – and bizarre – offense in 2009. According to WVLT in Knoxville, Tenn., Cooter was charged with aggravated burglary after allegedly getting into bed with a woman after climbing into the window of her apartment and stripping down to his underwear. The woman called the police, who arrested Cooter, and he was released on a $10,000 bond the next day."

Suspect
Cooter trying to get Cooter.

Did she know him? Does he have a drinking problem? Did she have creepy dolls locked up in a glass cupboard?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-10-26, 19:33

WUT?  Who are these Lions you speak of?  I didn't watch the game on Sunday because I was doing a brake job on my car.  I listened to the radio, but the battery was low and the radio cut out.  I had to recharge my battery while I did my brake job.  My brakes are working great now and I've forgotten who these Lions are.  It really feels like I've hit the jackpot.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-10-26, 19:44

Saved 3 airfares. Lions are due to leave for London tonight or tomorrow.

Then there's the fact the Lions have this awful business practice of firing head coaches with years left on their millions per year multi-year contracts. Most assistants and coordinators are on annual contracts.

WOTS is Mayhew was instrumental in retaining Washburn from Schwartz staff.

At some post point the Lion ownership have to look at Mayhew's dismal draft history and leave him at their airport too.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-26, 20:08

Sounds like Cooter should hire Joe Cullen as his OC.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-10-26, 20:17

However many people are currently employed with the lions still need to be fired. Don't just stop at the oc and ol coaches.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-10-26, 20:20

steveschneider wrote:However many people are currently employed with the lions still need to be fired. Don't just stop at the oc and ol coaches.

A fish rots from the head down. There has only been one constant in the last 50years.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-10-26, 20:31

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:However many people are currently employed with the lions still need to be fired. Don't just stop at the oc and ol coaches.

A fish rots from the head down. There has only been one constant in the last 50years.

This a billion times. Fuck the fords. They aren't self made like Craft or jones or illicih. They were given a team. Victory to them is profit. Screw them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-10-26, 21:00

Art Rooney bought the NFL franchise for what's now the Steelers in 1933. They were loveable losers until the family cleaned house and hired Chuck Noll.

If the Ford family is willing to clean house and that includes getting rid Bill Ford Jr.'s buddies Lewan and Mayhew. who have been in charge of the Lions draft beginning in '09 drafting Stafford #1.

Look at the players they have drafted and who they've been able to keep after their first contract. It's awful.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-27, 11:10

Lions promote Cooter.

A look at the Lions' Jim Bob Cooter, now the NFL's second-youngest offensive coordinator

ALLEN PARK -- The Detroit Lions promoted quarterbacks coach Jim Bob Cooter to offensive coordinator Monday, which has a whole lot of folks asking themselves two questions.

What can we expect out of the Lions offense under Jim Bob Cooter?

And is his name really Jim Bob Cooter?

To the latter: The name is real, and it's spectacular.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-10-27, 11:22

His name is really Jim Bob Cooter. What is missing from all the puff pieces the Lions PR office has been releasing good ole Jim Bob had a drinking problem that led to a couple of arrests in '06 and '09. '06 it was a DUI. In '09 he crawled through the window of an apartment and crawled in bed with a woman.

Given the Lions history of driving coaches to drink and display aberrant behavior Jim Bob better be very careful. This is the same franchise that drove then OLine coach Joe Cullen to drink and forget his clothes when he went to a Wendy's drive through.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down