Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm concerned that Russell Byrd quit yet another basketball team

+12
steveschneider
DWags
Giant Moose
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
duffy munn
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm concerned that Russell Byrd quit yet another basketball team Empty I'm concerned that Russell Byrd quit yet another basketball team

Post by Giant Moose 2015-10-29, 12:04

I've been following Maccabi Hod HaSharon this year, and Byrdman hasn't gotten into a game. Is he OK?

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/team/Israel/Maccabi_Hod_Hasharon/2324?Page=3

Last edited by Giant Moose on 2015-11-01, 10:49; edited 1 time in total
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I'm concerned that Russell Byrd quit yet another basketball team Empty Re: I'm concerned that Russell Byrd quit yet another basketball team

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-10-29, 12:08

Giant Moose wrote:I've been following Maccabi Hod HaSharon this year, and Byrdman hasn't gotten into a game. Is he OK?

is he the kid who kissed the floor?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I'm concerned that Russell Byrd quit yet another basketball team Empty Re: I'm concerned that Russell Byrd quit yet another basketball team

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-29, 12:08

I'm concerned that Russell Byrd quit yet another basketball team 1469072363
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-10-29, 12:10

I'm concerned that Russell Byrd quit yet another basketball team 94KDVYI
Link seems to be wonky, so here are the stats. Please say it ain't so, Russell. Don't give up your dreams!
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-10-29, 12:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:I've been following Maccabi Hod HaSharon this year, and Byrdman hasn't gotten into a game. Is he OK?

is he the kid who kissed the floor?
I look forward to the day that he kisses Maccabi's floor while playing for Elitzur Yavne. That will be the best day in Israeli basketball history.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-29, 12:17

Ohhhhh that's who you added to the pick em lol
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-10-29, 13:09

Obsession
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-10-29, 13:24

For the love of God.

Let it go.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-10-29, 13:30

You follow tIsraeli basketball league? I'm concerned that Russell Byrd quit yet another basketball team 55953254
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-10-29, 13:32

I think Byrd's career is really starting to soar..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-10-29, 13:55

<Fart noise>
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-10-29, 15:19

So I'm a little slow on the uptake, is Moose faux outraged or really outraged about Byrd? Check that, don't answer, I really don't care.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-10-29, 16:41

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:So I'm a little slow on the uptake, is Moose faux outraged or really outraged about Byrd? Check that, don't answer, I really don't care.

Moose flipped out when he heard Byrd's base tip for all servers is 25%.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-29, 16:59

Did I tell the story about why I hate Russell Byrd?

My friends and I got some connections with tBres, so we went there on a random night when it looked clear - to play some hoops on the main floor. Would have been pretty neat, no? I've watched some of my favorite players ball out on this court. Anyways - we get there and who's there "preparing for the NBA draft" and using some assistant to rebound? Russell fucking Byrd.

We end up having to play on the practice auxiliary court and let me tell ya.. it was just not the same. I will never forgive Russell Byrd.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-10-29, 17:04

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Did I tell the story about why I hate Russell Byrd?

My friends and I got some connections with tBres, so we went there on a random night when it looked clear - to play some hoops on the main floor. Would have been pretty neat, no? I've watched some of my favorite players ball out on this court. Anyways - we get there and who's there "preparing for the NBA draft" and using some assistant to rebound? Russell fucking Byrd.

We end up having to play on the practice auxiliary court and let me tell ya.. it was just not the same. I will never forgive Russell Byrd.

You poor, poor soul. I wish nothing but bad things on Byrd.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-10-29, 17:38

I will always cherish my memories of Byrd. Like the time he said he had better offers than Maccabi H/H, made a big deal of signing with them, and then didn't play for them. Or when we got to hear from him during the Final Four when the team he abandoned was playing in it.

He's an all-time great Spartan.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-10-29, 17:48

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Did I tell the story about why I hate Russell Byrd?

He was preparing for life after college. You should have taken the hint.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-10-29, 17:53

That selfish sonovabitch.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-10-29, 19:06

duffy munn wrote:For the love of God.

Let it go.
Hey, I like to follow our former players after they leave MSU.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-10-30, 00:07

What a cock sucker.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-31, 17:07

Graham Couch ‏@Graham_Couch 52m52 minutes ago
Russell Byrd goes to Sioux Falls, a Miami Heat affiliate, in the third round of the NBDL draft. #TheLegend
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-10-31, 18:05

duffy munn wrote:For the love of God.

Let it go.

Couldn't agree more. Spartans on Twitter and forums have been out right cruel to him. He didn't pan out, let it go.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-31, 18:37

I think it's great that he's making a living playing ball. It's a good indicator of what might have been had be been able to stay healthy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-11-01, 10:44

LooseGoose wrote:Graham Couch ‏@Graham_Couch 52m52 minutes ago
Russell Byrd goes to Sioux Falls, a Miami Heat affiliate, in the third round of the NBDL draft. #TheLegend
So he backed out on Maccabi H/H? What a great guy that Byrd is always ditching basketball teams he committed to.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-11-01, 10:57

Giant Moose wrote:
So he backed out on Maccabi H/H? What a great guy that Byrd is always ditching basketball teams he committed to.

I fear for your mental stability
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-01, 11:41

Giant Moose wrote:

You good with Forbes?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-11-01, 12:24

Giant Moose wrote:

Seeing how you have an unhealthy obsession with people who left the program, what is your take on Garrick Sherman?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-01, 12:24

Giant Moose wrote:

We don't know that. I assume a player can be on one team and be drafted by a different team, in a different league on a different continent.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-11-01, 18:30

LooseGoose wrote:We don't know that. I assume a player can be on one team and be drafted by a different team, in a different league on a different continent.
The Israeli league season started October 13, and the NBDL draft was yesterday. Byrd didn't play in any of Maccabi H/H's games and looks like he never even left the country.

It's not like he was drafted while currently playing. He either got cut by Maccabi (unlikely) or never showed up.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-01, 18:36

Giant Moose wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:We don't know that. I assume a player can be on one team and be drafted by a different team, in a different league on a different continent.
The Israeli league season started October 13, and the NBDL draft was yesterday. Byrd didn't play in any of Maccabi H/H's games and looks like he never even left the country.

It's not like he was drafted while currently playing. He either got cut by Maccabi (unlikely) or never showed up.

Let us know when you're able to track down a definitive answer on that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-11-01, 19:03

He was drafted in the 3rd round of the D-LEAGUE draft by Sioux Falls
http://dleague.nba.com/news/2015-nba-d-league-draft-board/
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-01, 20:09

Giant Moose wrote:

What makes you say that?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-11-01, 20:17

Turtleneck wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

What makes you say that?

He follows him around
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-01, 21:31

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

What makes you say that?

He follows him around

Well, Moose is wrong. Byrd left but did not stay long. He returned to the US fairly quickly.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-02, 00:20

Attractive wife  and a young child in the U.S.

Who wouldn't want to play basketball for a living in Israel.  It's in such a peaceful part of the world.

(No pics with serving.com)
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-02, 01:14

Turtleneck wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

What makes you say that?

Make him say it? Moose enjoyed saying it. It's what he does. It's who he is. Moose is Ahab and Byrd is his great red-headed whale.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-02, 13:15

GRR Spartan wrote:Attractive wife  and a young child in the U.S.

Who wouldn't want to play basketball for a living in Israel.  It's in such a peaceful part of the world.

If Moose was actually following Byrd's career (like he claims), he would know he left and then returned. But all he did was look up the Israeli National League on Eurobasket, not see Byrd's name in the stat book, and then come here to continue his obsession.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-02, 13:30

Turtleneck wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Attractive wife  and a young child in the U.S.

If Moose was actually following Byrd's career (like he claims), he would know he left and then returned. But all he did was look up the Israeli National League on Eurobasket, not see Byrd's name in the stat book, and then come here to continue his obsession.

I'm obsessed with you. Poopy face.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-02, 19:12

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I'm obsessed with you. Poopy face.

Yeah, I know. Thanks for the cookies but I could have done without the deer head on a stake.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-03, 18:23

Joe Rexrode ‏@joerexrode 2h2 hours ago
I know we aren't supposed to live tweet from MSU basketball practice, but walk-on Conner George (Okemos) is draining threes from everywhere.

Chris Vannini ‏@ChrisVannini 1h1 hour ago
Russell Byrd was fun to watch in practice before all the injuries. Made Kalin Lucas quit in a game of horse.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next