Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russell Byrd flying away (transferring to small NAIA school near LA)

+28
MasonGuy
Spartan Punk
Cosmo_Kramer
Blanch32
MSULordyoda
SawGreen
Nommad2
gvsparty
Notorious GiB
tanfan!
CrazySparty
Robert J Sakimano
Zeno
Bizarro Fletch
Sponge Worthy
LoneWolfSparty
WBill
Death Roe
The Lonely Stoner
steveschneider
NigelUno
AvgMSUJoe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Larry Kazamias
Black Dutch
Brock Middlebrook
tTito
Giant Moose
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Russell Byrd flying away (transferring to small NAIA school near LA) Empty Russell Byrd flying away (transferring to small NAIA school near LA)

Post by Giant Moose 2014-05-21, 10:48

MSU's Russell Byrd chases fading basketball dreams with transfer to The Master's College With regrets he didn't live up to billing, Byrd chooses familiar NAIA school near LA for final season
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Russell Byrd flying away (transferring to small NAIA school near LA) Empty Re: Russell Byrd flying away (transferring to small NAIA school near LA)

Post by tTito 2014-05-21, 10:49

Dude flew the coop.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Russell Byrd flying away (transferring to small NAIA school near LA) Empty Re: Russell Byrd flying away (transferring to small NAIA school near LA)

Post by tTito 2014-05-21, 10:50

He pretty much laid an egg every time he took the floor.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-05-21, 10:50

The new gig will be a feather in his cap.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-05-21, 10:51

I wonder if it was tough decision or he just winged it?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-05-21, 10:51

Dude flies by the seat of his pants
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-05-21, 10:52

Never did find his place in the pecking order.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-05-21, 10:52

Committed way too many fowls.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-05-21, 10:53

He was forced to transfer by the No Fly Zone.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-05-21, 10:54

I wondered where he was going to land next season.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Dutch 2014-05-21, 10:54

What a dodo!
Black Dutch
Black Dutch
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-21, 10:55

I wish it could have worked out better for Byrd here. I wish him nothing but good luck this year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-05-21, 10:55

Black Dutch wrote: What a dodo!

Maybe he's just chicken.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 2014-05-21, 10:56

I have to remind myself that some Byrds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. ...

- Red
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-05-21, 10:57

cheers 
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-05-21, 10:58

Good Luck and Godspeed. Seems like a really likable kid who just never caught on and I am pretty sure everyone (sans maybe some DE douchbags) was really pulling for him to live up to the billing.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-05-21, 10:59

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Good Luck and Godspeed. Seems like a really likable kid who just never caught on and I am pretty sure everyone (sans maybe some DE douchbags) was really pulling for him to live up to the billing.

Injured foot and lost confidence.

"I always wanted to figure that out here. I always wanted to conquer it and perform and be the player I could be, and I could never quite figure it out."

Last edited by tTito on 2014-05-21, 11:05; edited 1 time in total
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-21, 11:03

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-05-21, 11:08

Gauna gone also.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 2014-05-21, 11:11

We'll always have the 3 from the corner in OT to put away the game at Iowa
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-05-21, 11:13

Best of luck Russel Byrd and I'll always remember the big shot you hit against Iowa.

Go Green!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lonely Stoner 2014-05-21, 11:16

Good luck on your new adventure R.B. - Forever a Spartan!
The Lonely Stoner
The Lonely Stoner
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2014-05-21, 11:17

I wish him nothing but the best. The people who shat all over him I'm sure are thrilled. And can go **** themselves.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-05-21, 11:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Gauna gone also.
Can we finally use the phrase addiction by subtraction? No offense to these guys, but they just couldn't play at this level. No harm in that, but hopefully we can get some decent players with their scholarships now.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-05-21, 11:28

To everything, turn, turn, turn.
There is a season, turn, turn, turn.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-05-21, 11:34

I hear the rest of his new team are under performers as well. Byrds of a feather.........
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy 2014-05-21, 11:35

WBill wrote:To everything, turn, turn, turn.
There is a season, turn, turn, turn.

I read this as Tum Tum at first.. cyclops 
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-05-21, 11:36

I know everyone concentrated on the fact that he wasn't the sharpshooter he was supposed to be, but IMHO the biggest thing the injuries robbed him of was the ability to keep up defensively. From everything that was said of him during his recruitment he had sufficient speed to play at a high level. Terrible luck, not dissimilar to Delvon Roe.

Kudos to the kid for always remaining a solid teammate. It has to be incredibly tough to be a top tier recruit and spend most of your career on the bench due mostly to factors outside of your control.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeno 2014-05-21, 11:39

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Gauna gone also.

What does next year's roster look like now?
Zeno
Zeno
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-05-21, 11:39

Larry Kazamias wrote:I have to remind myself that some Byrds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. ...

- Red
get busy livin' or get busy flyin'... that's damn right.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-05-21, 11:45

Death Roe wrote:I wish him nothing but the best. The people who shat all over him I'm sure are thrilled. And can go **** themselves.
Does it work both ways? There were rumors in January that he was looking to transfer to Butler during our basketball season...and those rumors proved to be true as he lists Butler as one of the places he was considering along with Belmont and George Washington.

I'd rather have our players focused on the basketball season than where they are transferring to. Between that, and Byrd being aloof at times, I can see why he would have haters.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-05-21, 11:50

so is The Masters College a place you go to learn how to knit green jackets?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-21, 12:50

Byrd's situation is the epitome of why Izzo hates social media
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-05-21, 12:55

CrazySparty wrote:Byrd's situation is the epitome of why Izzo hates social media

Blah blah blah. Take it to the rcmb. Byrd was like maxwell. Great guy but not a gamer.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious GiB 2014-05-21, 13:19

Tanfan! wrote:

Blah blah blah. Take it to the rcmb. Byrd was like maxwell. Great guy but not a gamer.

Bullshit. If he was like Maxwell he would have tossed the ball out of bounds instead of shooting the 3 at Iowa.
Notorious GiB
Notorious GiB
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-05-21, 13:21

CrazySparty wrote:Byrd's situation is the epitome of why Izzo hates social media

Wait, did social media make him not play defense? Miss most of his 3s? Turn the ball over? Foul?

Twitter is more powerful than I thought, shit. Is twitter God?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-21, 13:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Wait, did social media make him not play defense? Miss most of his 3s? Turn the ball over? Foul?

Twitter is more powerful than I thought, shit. Is twitter God?

Yeah, hundreds of people hurling insults at you a day behind the security of a keyboard wouldn't have any effect on your day-to-day life at all.

Big bad OTPT at it again
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gvsparty 2014-05-21, 13:28

Damn

Russell Byrd ‏@russellbyrd24 1m
140 characters isn't enough, it's all I got though. Love MSU and everything it gave me, only wish I could have gave MSU more
gvsparty
gvsparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-21, 13:31

gvsparty wrote:Damn

Russell Byrd ‏@russellbyrd24 1m
140 characters isn't enough, it's all I got though. Love MSU and everything it gave me, only wish I could have gave MSU more

Pure class. Too bad some people like OTPT can't live up to that standard.
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-05-21, 13:34

CrazySparty wrote:

Pure class. Too bad some people like OTPT can't live up to that standard.

Russell Byrd flying away (transferring to small NAIA school near LA) 502811600 Sorry I'm not on my knees for Byrd. It's funny that you get so offended about someone saying a player you don't know isn't any good. I never said anything about him as a person, he just isn't very good at basketball. I'm sorry.  Russell Byrd flying away (transferring to small NAIA school near LA) 2599972566 
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next