Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else feel like their interest in college sports is decreasing?

+24
Death Roe
Tim Wakefield
Herbie Green
InTenSity
tGreenWay
The_Dude
Jack N Coke
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Blanch32
y2kMgrad
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
CORNER BLITZ
Code_Warrior
tig ol bitties
Turtleneck
Rocinante
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
Giant Moose
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anyone else feel like their interest in college sports is decreasing? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone else feel like their interest in college sports is decreasing?

Post by DWags 2015-11-12, 13:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I just know that if my daughter (sorry For bin) doesn't go to MSU, she'd better find somewhere else to go on holiday breaks... she's not comin' home.

I put it fairly bluntly to them.  I pay for undergrad at MSU only.  They can go where ever the hell they want.  My money for undergrad goes to MSU.   If they don't use it, that's fine.  I'll be their biggest fan at any place they might get a scholarship to.  

Notice how I give them the choice.  I'd never stand in their way.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anyone else feel like their interest in college sports is decreasing? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone else feel like their interest in college sports is decreasing?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-12, 13:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I just know that if my daughter (sorry For bin) doesn't go to MSU, she'd better find somewhere else to go on holiday breaks... she's not comin' home.

She can come to my place. Fyi.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-12, 13:40

To answer the OP's original Q: No. And lest you forget--it's Moose who started this thread. He hates everything.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-12, 13:41

steveschneider wrote:And one more thing, I believe Coach K is everything that is wrong with college sports.
except for officiating, I'll agree with you here.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-12, 13:42

DWags wrote:

I put it fairly bluntly to them.  I pay for undergrad at MSU only.  They can go where ever the hell they want.  My money for undergrad goes to MSU.   If they don't use it, that's fine.  I'll be their biggest fan at any place they might get a scholarship to.  

luckily, my daughter (sorry For bin), like me, bleeds green - so there shouldn't be an issue.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-12, 13:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

luckily, my daughter (sorry For bin), like me, bleeds green - so there shouldn't be an issue.

So have mine.   But I call this my "just in case I went wrong somewhere" plan.  I don't think I did though, ever since they were kids we've been working on them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-12, 13:50

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

So have mine.   But I call this my "just in case I went wrong somewhere" plan.  I don't think I did though, ever since they were kids we've been working on them.
for me, it didn't take work - it's in my DNA.. "Go Green" is what binds adenine to thymine and guanine to cytosine.

It's that fundamental in our house.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-12, 13:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

for me, it didn't take work - it's in my DNA.. "Go Green" is what binds adenine to thymine and guanine to cytosine.

Seems way more happenstance than just writing a check.  But to each their own.  Glad it worked out for you.

On a serious note, does undergrad even matter anymore?  Seriously?   I'm not in the market but I'm assuming that an undergrad degree doesn't get you much these days. Seems like it's all about the grad school now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-12, 14:02

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Seems way more happenstance than just writing a check.  But to each their own.  Glad it worked out for you.

On a serious note, does undergrad even matter anymore?  Seriously?   I'm not in the market but I'm assuming that an undergrad degree doesn't get you much these days. Seems like it's all about the grad school now.
depends on the undergrad degree..

areas such as engineering, computer science, some environmental science areas, BSN programs, health care administration - all are quite marketable with a bachelors degree.

but, yeah, graduate degrees are almost always necessary, especially for advancement within most work environments.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-11-12, 14:11

I barely even feel like posting on message boards anymore.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-12, 14:22

InTenSity wrote:I barely even feel like posting on message boards anymore.
you could always go to tRCMB, insult their insecurities and sensibilities via some innocuous message - wham, bam, thank you ma'am - you'll get banned - problem solved.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-12, 14:29

If I had a kid and they went to UM, this is exactly how it would work. They would be out of the will and completely disowned. Not kidding.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-11-12, 15:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:And one more thing, I believe Coach K is everything that is wrong with college sports.
except for officiating, I'll agree with you here.

Don't you know? Coach K runs Big Official. He's into EVERYTHING!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-12, 15:20

Turtleneck wrote:

If I had a kid and they went to UM, this is exactly how it would work. They would be out of the will and completely disowned. Not kidding.
yep.. in our house, UM ranks just below the South Cedar Street Barber College and Institute of Telephone Repair

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-11-12, 16:25

Two things that I have grown to hate are college sports and message boards.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-12, 16:52

Herbie Green wrote:Two things that I have grown to hate are college sports and message boards.
Good thing tSwill is a community that talks about everything but college sports. We dodged a bullet there.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-11-17, 23:11

College hoops officiating isn't helping. I don't know why they want to ruin the sport.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-11-17, 23:14

Giant Moose wrote:College hoops officiating isn't helping. I don't know why they want to ruin the sport.

Who wants mo fouls?? Wusconsin? So lame!!!

The flow is being murdered with stoppages
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-17, 23:14

Giant Moose wrote:College hoops officiating isn't helping. I don't know why they want to ruin the sport.

I have to say MSU is my favorite hoops team, but the NBA is better. This game is some ugly basketball. I hate the new officiating approach in college ball.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-17, 23:15

Blanch32 wrote:

Fuck freedom of movement.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-17, 23:19

Fuck. Win close games all season and drop in the rankings in football Michigan squeaks by ninny and IU the jump up. We get so many tic tac fouls and fouls away from the ball. I need a new hobby. It's hard watching college sports.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-17, 23:23

DWags wrote:Fuck. Win close games all season and drop in the rankings in football Michigan squeaks by ninny and IU the jump up. We get so many tic tac fouls and fouls away from the ball. I need a new hobby. It's hard watching college sports.

It's a sport full of pure horse shit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-11-17, 23:52

steveschneider wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Fuck freedom of movement.

Fwiw that's not even in the rulebook. Hell it's like the refs don't even know what the definition of a foul is anymore
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-11-18, 00:02

Two in a row of complete bs on msu. Some terrible ones called on Kansas the last few mins too...
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-11-18, 00:17

Holy shit. Mcquaid.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-18, 07:46

this.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-18, 08:15

This.

If you don't see it don't call it. Don't call things you think you see

https://twitter.com/rahrni/status/666844461662507008
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-23, 11:22

Nope.  Interest still not decreasing.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-08-23, 11:55

The MSU-related internet was hilarious after the Nebraska loss last year.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-23, 13:50

Floyd Robertson wrote:Nope.  Interest still not decreasing.

As it becomes more and more like professional sports, my interest has decreased significantly.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-23, 14:01

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Nope.  Interest still not decreasing.

As it becomes more and more like professional sports, my interest has decreased significantly.

I'm sure the robot network will do their part to make college football more like the pros, and it bothers me somewhat.

(Sorry, Styles)
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-23, 14:33

Its been in steady decline since my college days. I use it for social purposes now. Kick ass tailgates, watch parties, etc.

All I wanted to see what MSU wins some big ten titles, kick UM and OSUs ass a little, win a Rose Bowl, and we have done that. National title is a pipe dream, we dont recruit well enough.

Part of the reason for decline for me is that the top football and basketball schools operate on uneven playing fields and they have too many built in advantages.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-23, 14:52

The_Dude wrote:Its been in steady decline since my college days.  I use it for social purposes now.  Kick ass tailgates, watch parties, etc.

All I wanted to see what MSU wins some big ten titles, kick UM and OSUs ass a little, win a Rose Bowl, and we have done that.  National title is a pipe dream, we dont recruit well enough.

Part of the reason for decline for me is that the top football and basketball schools operate on uneven playing fields and they have too many built in advantages.

Anyone else feel like their interest in college sports is decreasing? - Page 2 Pinocchio
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-23, 15:33

My interest in the swill is also dropping at an alarming rate every time I have to read a Nigel vs dude conversation. My lord.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-23, 15:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:My interest in the swill is also dropping at an alarming rate every time I have to read a Nigel vs dude conversation. My lord.

Hey, snowflake?

You don't have to read anything.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-08-23, 16:43

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:My interest in the swill is also dropping at an alarming rate every time I have to read a Nigel vs dude conversation. My lord.

I'm starting to agree. I mean, I love when people expose the Dude for the turd burglar he is, but this is getting out of hand.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-23, 16:46

Death Roe wrote:

I'm starting to agree. I mean, I love when people expose the Dude for the turd burglar he is, but this is getting out of hand.

I'll ignore The Dude (and OTPT) until the first game.

Starting...now.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-03-31, 20:29

No.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-03-31, 20:33

kingstonlake wrote:No.

Anyone else feel like their interest in college sports is decreasing? - Page 2 502811600

Most excellent bump.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2019-03-31, 20:35

Yeah, I stopped caring a long time ago. Now it only takes me an hour to actually breath again. Used to be 2 hours. Apathy creeping in. Fuck duke
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next