Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell me why this gets you pissed.

+6
Nordic
Heat Miser
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
aualum06
DWags
10 posters

Go down

Tell me why this gets you pissed.  Empty Tell me why this gets you pissed.

Post by DWags 2020-08-28, 19:19

If it does. Are they just selling scripts or is it true?

Are you kidding me?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tell me why this gets you pissed.  Empty Re: Tell me why this gets you pissed.

Post by aualum06 2020-08-28, 19:20

Ohio State lol
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-08-28, 19:27

Purdue at 8 is pretty fucking stupid too. They've been a tier one team for decades.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-08-28, 19:27

Really thought Rutgers would be higher.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-08-28, 23:27

Agree on IU, though for the supposed best job they haven't exactly pulled in top coaching talent since Knight.

The rest of the top 4 is suspect. It's ranking the job, not the coach. Obviously, MSU has the best coach but SCum & tO$U do have very deep pockets. However, BBall will always be a distant 2nd for both. If those two jobs are so great why haven't they lured premiere coaches from other schools? Their highest profile recent hires of proven coaches were Thad & 3-line. Both came from 2nd tier jobs at best.

We'll see how coveted the MSU job is when TI retires, but my guess is they'll promote one of the assistants.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-08-28, 23:36

Heat Miser wrote:Agree on IU, though for the supposed best job they haven't exactly pulled in top coaching talent since Knight.

The rest of the top 4 is suspect. It's ranking the job, not the coach. Obviously, MSU has the best coach but SCum & tO$U do have very deep pockets. However, BBall will always be a distant 2nd for both. If those two jobs are so great why haven't they lured premiere coaches from other schools? Their highest profile recent hires of proven coaches were Thad & 3-line. Both came from 2nd tier jobs at best.

We'll see how coveted the MSU job is when TI retires, but my guess is they'll promote one of the assistants.

Agree with all of this. IMO OSU is a sleeping giant and could overcome the above. They have right ingredients to muscle their way in. Michigan does not. Their ability to be an OSU left 2 decades ago.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 2020-08-29, 11:33

It's not an unreasonable article. A few thoughts....

- Indiana - there is a pressure to win there that is disproportionate to their current standing. The fanbase is still not over Bobby Knight. The right coach could win there and win big and the culture is there to support it. But they haven't found that coach.

- Ohio State - it's a football school with an athletic program and that is still a factor. But they've the support and resources to build for top-level competitiveness. They're close, and if they get a breakthrough class, it'll happen.

- Michigan - it is a national brand, Ann Arbor is a good place to spend some time, and they can compete at a top-level. It's a matter of fit with a coach and getting the right mix. Beilein did a lot without top-level recruiting. They went aggressive in hiring a non-resume name in Howard. I don't think that was a wise move for a program with their potential.

- Michigan State - the article is right - is it Michigan State basketball or is it Tom Izzo?! How are we supposed to know that after 25 years with Tom and the reality is that Izzo is an extension of Heathcote (facilities upgrade, better recruiting, sustainability take it a different level). This is now a 44-year old brand. Nice to have such a challenge.

Otherwise, no surprises. The only school that consistently surprises me in not winning and not being elite is Illinois. If someone ever owns Chicago recruiting, that program could be elite. Never seems to happen.
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-08-29, 13:01

I’m not going to get pissed at this d wags doesn’t seem like a good way to spend energy
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-08-29, 14:24

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’m not going to get pissed at this d wags doesn’t seem like a good way to spend energy

Yeah, I said “if it does” but I was pretty sure you might tell us it doesn’t get you upset when I asked. Which is cool.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-08-29, 14:26

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’m not going to get pissed at this d wags doesn’t seem like a good way to spend energy

Yeah, I said “if it does” but I was pretty sure you might tell us it doesn’t get you upset when I asked. Which is cool.

Life is too short to be pissed Tell me why this gets you pissed.  969504605
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-29, 15:07

I agree that this sort of thing is pretty low on my list of concerns these days but since I feel sports would really help out this great nation I'll go for it.

That list pisses me off because we have an incredible arena, we've been able to retain some of the best assistants in the business, we promote our assistants, our program attracts better talent and unlike the other teams ahead of us we are a blue blood.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-08-29, 15:43

Dwags if the Indiana, osu, um, and MSU jobs opened all at the very same time and Coach Tim Applebottom was the most sought after coach in the world, which job do you think he’s going to choose?

Well, I think I can tell you it sure as shit isn’t Indiana so this list is stupid right from the start.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-08-29, 16:19

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Dwags if the Indiana, osu, um, and MSU jobs opened all at the very same time and Coach Tim Applebottom was the most sought after coach in the world, which job do you think he’s going to choose?

Well, I think I can tell you it sure as shit isn’t Indiana so this list is stupid right from the start.

I love how you break things down Travis. However, would you want to be the man that follows Izzo?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-08-29, 16:21

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Dwags if the Indiana, osu, um, and MSU jobs opened all at the very same time and Coach Tim Applebottom was the most sought after coach in the world, which job do you think he’s going to choose?

I love how you break things down Travis. However, would you want to be the man that follows Izzo?

It probably pays more than my current job dwags, so yeah
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-08-29, 16:41

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:

It probably pays more than my current job dwags, so yeah

Probably? Baller!!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down