Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeff Sessions [strike]named[/strike] Trump's pick for AG

+7
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
P Rob
Turtleneck
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jeff Sessions [strike]named[/strike]  Trump's pick for AG Empty Jeff Sessions [strike]named[/strike] Trump's pick for AG

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-18, 10:44

I do not know the story behind any of this...

While serving as a United States prosecutor in Alabama, Mr. Sessions was nominated in 1986 by President Ronald Reagan for a federal judgeship. But his nomination was rejected by the Republican-controlled Senate Judiciary Committee because of racially charged comments and actions. At that time, he was one of two judicial nominees whose selections were halted by the panel in nearly 50 years.

In testimony before the committee, former colleagues said that Mr. Sessions had referred to the N.A.A.C.P., the Southern Christian Leadership Conference and other civil rights groups as “un-American” and “Communist-inspired.” An African-American federal prosecutor then, Thomas H. Figures, said Mr. Sessions had referred to him as “boy” and testified that Mr. Sessions said the Ku Klux Klan was fine “until I found out they smoked pot.” Mr. Sessions dismissed that remark as a joke.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/us/politics/jeff-sessions-donald-trump-attorney-general.html

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2016-11-18, 19:06; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Jeff Sessions [strike]named[/strike]  Trump's pick for AG Empty Re: Jeff Sessions [strike]named[/strike] Trump's pick for AG

Post by P Rob 2016-11-18, 10:47

thanks for sharing, assface.

i didn't read about this on twitter hours ago.

have we landed on the moon?
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Jeff Sessions [strike]named[/strike]  Trump's pick for AG Empty Re: Jeff Sessions [strike]named[/strike] Trump's pick for AG

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-11-18, 10:47

I don't think he was named AG yet. Did they hold a super secret confirmation session already?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2016-11-18, 10:48

Floyd Robertson wrote:I don't think he was named AG yet. Did they hold a super secret confirmation session already?

Jeff Sessions [strike]named[/strike]  Trump's pick for AG 1f602

Turtleneck sucks at the Internets.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-18, 10:57

so... the President-Elect - who was supported by the KKK - is considering a KKK sympathizer as Attorney General?

color me shocked. Jeff Sessions [strike]named[/strike]  Trump's pick for AG 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-18, 11:27

And once again the double standard is in effect.

KKK Grand Wizard Robert Byrd was a Great Senator and Great American according to Dems because his views had "changed".
And unlike Byrd, Sessions wasn't a KKK member much less a Grand Wizard.

Yet supposedly Jeff Sessions is frozen in time back in the 1980's.

Sen. Jeff Sessions could face tough Senate confirmation if a Trump Cabinet pick

Sessions was also criticized for joking in the presence of an attorney with the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division that the Ku Klux Klan was "OK" until he learned they smoked marijuana. During his confirmation hearing, he said his comment about the Klan "was a silly comment, I guess you might say, that I made."

Sessions told the committee he made the joke while his office was investigating the 1981 murder of Michael Donald, a black man who was kidnapped, beaten and killed by two Klansmen who slit his throat and then hanged his body in a tree in Mobile, Alabama. The two men were later arrested and convicted.

Sessions said he never meant the joke to suggest he supported the Klan. He said the joke was intended to convey that he thought it was "bizarre" that Klansmen had smoked marijuana after one of their meetings.

"All of us understood that the Klan is a force for hatred and bigotry and it just could not have meant anything else than that under those circumstances," Sessions said, noting that he had been involved in the decision to try one of the killers in state court so he could face the death penalty.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-18, 11:34

LooseGoose wrote:And once again the double standard is in effect.

KKK Grand Wizard Robert Byrd was a Great Senator and Great American according to Dems because his views had "changed".
And unlike Byrd, Sessions wasn't a KKK member much less a Grand Wizard.

Yet supposedly Jeff Sessions is frozen in time back in the 1980's.

Sen. Jeff Sessions could face tough Senate confirmation if a Trump Cabinet pick

Sessions was also criticized for joking in the presence of an attorney with the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division that the Ku Klux Klan was "OK" until he learned they smoked marijuana. During his confirmation hearing, he said his comment about the Klan "was a silly comment, I guess you might say, that I made."

Sessions told the committee he made the joke while his office was investigating the 1981 murder of Michael Donald, a black man who was kidnapped, beaten and killed by two Klansmen who slit his throat and then hanged his body in a tree in Mobile, Alabama. The two men were later arrested and convicted.

Sessions said he never meant the joke to suggest he supported the Klan. He said the joke was intended to convey that he thought it was "bizarre" that Klansmen had smoked marijuana after one of their meetings.

"All of us understood that the Klan is a force for hatred and bigotry and it just could not have meant anything else than that under those circumstances," Sessions said, noting that he had been involved in the decision to try one of the killers in state court so he could face the death penalty.
I'm sorry that the KKK endorsed Trump and that you find it inconvenient.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-18, 13:01

P Rob wrote:thanks for sharing, assface.

i didn't read about this on twitter hours ago.

have we landed on the moon?

Fuck you.

Floyd Robertson wrote:I don't think he was named AG yet. Did they hold a super secret confirmation session already?

Good point. Poor thread title.

P Rob wrote:

Jeff Sessions [strike]named[/strike]  Trump's pick for AG 1f602

Turtleneck sucks at the Internets.

Fuck you a little more.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-18, 18:05

Strange behavior for a racist KKK member. But then again Dems have always been about rhetoric not results.

In Alabama, Jeff Sessions Desegregated Schools and Got the Death Penalty for KKK Head

Sessions's actual track record certainly doesn't suggest he's a racist. Quite the opposite, in fact. As a U.S. Attorney he filed several cases to desegregate schools in Alabama. And he also prosecuted the head of the state Klan, Henry Francis Hays, for abducting and killing Michael Donald, a black teenager selected at random. Sessions insisted on the death penalty for Hays. When he was later elected the state Attorney General, Sessions followed through and made sure Hays was executed. The successful prosecution of Hays also led to a $7 million civil judgment against the Klan, effectively breaking the back of the KKK in Alabama. wrote:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-18, 18:08

dems are wrong repubs are right

goose, curious, how long have you bought into this game? you have to be one of the oldest sheep around. doesn't it get tiring getting played like a fiddle?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-18, 18:46

LooseGoose wrote:Strange behavior for a racist KKK member. But then again Dems have always been about rhetoric not results.

So, when will construction on the wall that Mexico's paying for start?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-18, 18:55

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Strange behavior for a racist KKK member. But then again Dems have always been about rhetoric not results.

So, when will construction on the wall that Mexico's paying for start?

lol, swerve away.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-18, 18:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:dems are wrong repubs are right

goose, curious, how long have you bought into this game? you have to be one of the oldest sheep around. doesn't it get tiring getting played like a fiddle?

You're a good kid most of the time, but you're an ass when you presume to be a man of wisdom telling me things.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-18, 19:07

LooseGoose wrote:

You're a good kid most of the time, but you're an ass when you presume to be a man of wisdom telling me things.

Do you have a date for when you will be dispensing wisdom? I would like to be here. Thanks.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-18, 20:25

Dude, the thing with goose is that he's told you multiple times that the ONLY thing he cares about is making abortion illegal. As misguided and frankly, stupid, his opinion is regarding that issue, that's the only thing he cares about. He will do literally anything, and defend literally anything, to advance that cause. Everything else he says here is just for show.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-18, 21:11

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Dude, the thing with goose is that he's told you multiple times that the ONLY thing he cares about is making abortion illegal. As misguided and frankly, stupid, his opinion is regarding that issue, that's the only thing he cares about. He will do literally anything, and defend literally anything, to advance that cause. Everything else he says here is just for show.

Why is his opinion stupid? Maybe you're opinion is stupid.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-18, 21:15

Turtleneck wrote:

Why is his opinion stupid? Maybe you're opinion is stupid.

His opinion is stupid because i agree with his end goal, but the way he tries to go about it is endlessly stupid. I wish we could try to accomplish his goal in the long run through rational means, but we can't when we have crazies like him running around diverting the conversation on insane goals that they shouldn't be focused on.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-18, 21:29

Would you kill baby Jar Jar?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-18, 21:37

Turtleneck wrote:Would you kill baby Jar Jar?

I mean....

But for real. Goose's goal is to end abortion but he and his ilk are convinced that the only way to do that is to make it illegal while at the same time blocking attempts to make birth control free and available. It's really pretty insane when you think about it. While a majority of people would think that abortion isn't really a good thing, they are too busy talking about how illegal it should be while the conversation needs to be about how to make it not necessary in the first place.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-18, 22:09

Turtleneck wrote:Would you kill baby Jar Jar?

I mean....

But for real. Goose's goal is to end abortion but he and his ilk are convinced that the only way to do that is to make it illegal while at the same time blocking attempts to make birth control free and available. It's really pretty insane when you think about it. While a majority of people would think that abortion isn't really a good thing, they are too busy talking about how illegal it should be while the conversation needs to be about how to make it not necessary in the first place.

Nice deflection. I guess we can't expect on answer on baby Jar Jar anytime soon.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-18, 22:17

Turtleneck wrote:

I mean....

Nice deflection. I guess we can't expect on answer on baby Jar Jar anytime soon.

I would kill baby jar jar if it were 32 years postpartum.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-18, 22:28

That's adult Jar Jar, Travis.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-18, 23:21

Why do you love the idea of killing babies, Travis?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-11-19, 09:40

xsanguine wrote:Why do you love the idea of killing babies, Travis?
Are you willing to have the state take care of these babies for 18 years? The view of caring about life until it breathes is pretty disingenuous.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-11-19, 09:57

If his past behavior is a predictor of what he will do as AG we can expect a return to tough prosecution of Federal marijuana laws.

Based on his comments and voting record I would expect to see Roe v Wade get kcked back to the states at a minimum.

There will be an end to Federal involvement challenging state voting laws.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-19, 10:19

InTenSity wrote:
Are you willing to have the state take care of these babies for 18 years? The view of caring about life until it breathes is pretty disingenuous.

I am and have said so repeatedly. And have said I would support a tax increase if necessary. I can't imagine that anyone would prefer babies being put to death to save on their taxes. Ooops....maybe I can.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-11-19, 11:32

Based on what Trump said in the campaign and what the people he's appointed have previously said there are going to be a lot of "if necessary"  revenue increases and cutting of existing programs.

I can't wait to hear McConnell and Ryan justify deficit spending and unfunded programs or ask for additional revenue to pay for programs after 6 years of claiming to be fiscal conservatives.  

Magically the Federal debt no longer appears to be the biggest problem the country faces.  
What happened other than the Democrats losing the White House?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-19, 11:37

GRR Spartan wrote:Based on what Trump said in the campaign and what the people he's appointed have previously said there are going to be a lot of "if necessary"  revenue increases and cutting of existing programs.

I can't wait to hear McConnell and Ryan justify deficit spending and unfunded programs or ask for additional revenue to pay for programs after 6 years of claiming to be fiscal conservatives.  

Magically the Federal debt no longer appears to be the biggest problem the country faces.  
What happened other than the Democrats losing the White House?

It'll be interesting to see what happens vs speculation of what's going to happen. The Republicans not worrying about the deficit wouldn't be a shocker. One just needs to look at the Bush II years for that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-11-19, 12:02

A lot of the GOP and Trump supporters who are my neighbors call themselves fiscal conservative and label themselves pro-life.

They refused to consider the fact that the guy they voted for and was elected President has used his own version of deficit spending, refinancing and bankruptcies his entire business life isn't going to do a 180 and want to pay for everything.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-19, 22:04

InTenSity wrote:

I'm a pro-choice guy... I just wanted to give Travis shit.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-19, 22:35

xsanguine wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

This is a good example of why I think you're a bit fucjed up. Like most thinkers of your persuasion
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-19, 22:56

LooseGoose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I am and have said so repeatedly. And have said I would support a tax increase if necessary. I can't imagine that anyone would prefer babies being put to death to save on their taxes. Ooops....maybe I can.

What about neither? Neither is an option if you'd let it be. But you won't. Because you have to feel righteous.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-19, 23:08

LooseGoose wrote:

What about neither? Neither is an option if you'd let it be. But you won't. Because you have to feel righteous.

Yeah, that's it. I campaign to save lives to feel righteous. What an ass I am.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-19, 23:15

LooseGoose wrote:

Look, if you spent your (and not your but you and your short sighted but well meaning ilk) millions upon millions of dollars on an effort to people not getting pregnant in the first place if they don't want to be then maybe you'd make a difference. But instead you are obsessed with a goal that is unrealistic, too soon, and massively dangerous.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-19, 23:32

LooseGoose wrote:

Look, if you spent your (and not your but you and your short sighted but well meaning ilk) millions upon millions of dollars on an effort to people not getting pregnant in the first place if they don't want to be then maybe you'd make a difference. But instead you are obsessed with a goal that is unrealistic, too soon, and massively dangerous.

We disagree. I'm sorry for that but we do.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-20, 00:03

LooseGoose wrote:

We disagree. I'm sorry for that but we do.

That's fine. I think it's good that we have the same goal in mind.... and really I think most people would agree with it. I just think we really need to think about how we need to go about it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-20, 00:11

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

This is a good example of why I think you're a bit fucjed up.  Like most thinkers of your persuasion

You think I'm fucked up because I wanted to try and rustle his jimmies even though I agree with his end goal?

Like most thinkers of my persuasion? What does that even mean?

Last edited by xsanguine on 2016-11-20, 00:13; edited 1 time in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-20, 00:12

Upgrade your pampers, Dwags.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-20, 00:36

You didn't rustle my jimmies xsang
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-20, 00:39

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You didn't rustle my jimmies xsang

I tried, Travis. Can't you at least give me a little credit for effort?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next