Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iowa State fires another football coach - ISU and KU worst Power 5 jobs?

4 posters

Go down

Iowa State fires another football coach - ISU and KU worst Power 5 jobs? Empty Iowa State fires another football coach - ISU and KU worst Power 5 jobs?

Post by GRR Spartan 11/23/2015, 7:29 am

Iowa State HC Paul Rhoads got fired yesterday. Except for Dan McCarney who was there for 11 seasons no coach has gone more than 7 seasons at Ames before getting fired or leaving for another job.

Since they started playing football in the 1890's, they have only had two coaches finish with career records of .500 or better in their history and the last one was Earl Bruce in the '70's who escaped to Columbus at 36-32.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Iowa State fires another football coach - ISU and KU worst Power 5 jobs? Empty Re: Iowa State fires another football coach - ISU and KU worst Power 5 jobs?

Post by DoogieHouser 11/25/2015, 9:13 am

Glad to see you on this board GRR. I've been pushed-off all the boards because of my opinions that aren't "green-biased". Hoping these people have a backbone. Enjoyed reading your stuff in the past. Our politics seemed aligned, but your a little more "Spartan-correct" than I am.

The Iowa State job seems like a job similar to Kansas and Kansas State. All three require a super coach to make a go of it (Snyder at KSU). None of them have a geographic recruiting footprint advantage. I really thought Rhoads had made an impact in Ames, but something went south on him in the last few years.
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Iowa State fires another football coach - ISU and KU worst Power 5 jobs? Empty Re: Iowa State fires another football coach - ISU and KU worst Power 5 jobs?

Post by InTenSity 11/25/2015, 9:24 am

DoogieHouser wrote:Glad to see you on this board GRR. I've been pushed-off all the boards because of my opinions that aren't "green-biased". Hoping these people have a backbone. Enjoyed reading your stuff in the past. Our politics seemed aligned, but your a little more "Spartan-correct" than I am.
You won't be banned for having your opinion.

That being said, and I haven't seen what it is, there are people that will question it. The only rules here are that you don't break the Terms of the Site. People may not like you, but no one will censor you.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 11/25/2015, 9:25 am

DoogieHouser wrote:Glad to see you on this board GRR. I've been pushed-off all the boards because of my opinions that aren't "green-biased". Hoping these people have a backbone. Enjoyed reading your stuff in the past. Our politics seemed aligned, but your a little more "Spartan-correct" than I am.

The Iowa State job seems like a job similar to Kansas and Kansas State. All three require a super coach to make a go of it (Snyder at KSU). None of them have a geographic recruiting footprint advantage. I really thought Rhoads had made an impact in Ames, but something went south on him in the last few years.
Welcome to the board. This is a free speech zone, but that doesn't mean that you won't get challenged and/or insulted for your opinions. Depending on what drove you from the other boards, you may or may not like it here. Negative MSU opinions expressed on this board will generally get you treated like a troll, so feel free to post them, but don't complain if you get the troll treatment.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 11/25/2015, 9:34 am

GRR Spartan wrote:Iowa State HC Paul Rhoads got fired yesterday. Except for Dan McCarney who was there for 11 seasons no coach has gone more than 7 seasons at Ames before getting fired or leaving for another job.

Since they started playing football in the 1890's, they have only had two coaches finish with career records of .500 or better in their history and the last one was Earl Bruce in the '70's who escaped to Columbus at 36-32.
http://espn.go.com/ncf/insider/story/_/id/12367998/wake-forest-demon-deacons-earn-worst-job-power-5
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down