Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University?

+26
pulling69
Tim Wakefield
InTenSity
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
Turtleneck
AvgMSUJoe
Wally Fairway
Banks2Mason
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
Bill Cain
duffy munn
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
DWags
CORNER BLITZ
I.B. Fine
Cameron
NigelUno
Heat Miser
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
30 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? Empty So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-02-04, 14:56

Fickell? Narduzzi?

what does Narduzzi's contract look like at Pitt??

Matt Campbell from Iowa State?

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-02-04, 16:28; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? Empty Re: So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-02-04, 15:10

as far as national signing day goes, I'm not sure that will have a huge impact. I suspect this has been in the works for a bit and the program has something in place. As Nigel said in the other thread, some/most are already enrolled or signed (though I suspect they could be released?).

sign me up for team Fickell. Love his ties to Ohio, the midwest. Did a great job turning around Cincinnati.

really hoping nobody brings Enos into the conversation. Shocked
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? Empty Re: So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University?

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-02-04, 15:15

I was hoping maybe for Norvell but he's no longer an option. Fickell works.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-04, 15:17

If true, Cinci is going to freaking hate us. So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? 502811600

Luke Fickell the frontrunner to replace Mark Dantonio at Michigan State, sources say

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2020/02/04/luke-fickell-michigan-state-football/4658067002/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-04, 15:18

Floyd Robertson wrote:I was hoping maybe for Norvell but he's no longer an option. Fickell works.

I didn’t know Merritt was a FB coach.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-02-04, 15:20

Wags.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-02-04, 15:29

Fickell sounds good to me, but I bet they lift the interim tag off Tressel & and we get 3 more years of driving the program into the ground.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-02-04, 15:33

Heat Miser wrote:Fickell sounds good to me, but I bet they lift the interim tag off Tressel & and we get 3 more years of driving the program into the ground.

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-02-04, 15:36

Heat Miser wrote:Fickell sounds good to me, but I bet they lift the interim tag off Tressel & and we get 3 more years of driving the program into the ground.
with the timing of this, I kinda have to believe that MSU has to have a plan?

(I know.. crazy talk).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-04, 15:38

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

(I know.. crazy talk).

I think we have a plan also. Hopefully it works.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-02-04, 15:40

[tw]1224794412397531138[/tw]

So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-04, 15:42

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Wags.

I’m on board with this.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-02-04, 16:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:as far as national signing day goes, I'm not sure that will have a huge impact. I suspect this has been in the works for a bit and the program has something in place. As Nigel said in the other thread, some/most are already enrolled or signed (though I suspect they could be released?).

sign me up for team Fickell. Love his ties to Ohio, the midwest. Did a great job turning around Cincinnati.

really hoping nobody brings Enos into the conversation. Shocked

Someone hold steve's beer...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2020-02-04, 16:12

Going to promote Salem...
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-02-04, 16:14

I.B. Fine wrote:Going to promote Salem...

A lot of higher-ups in the administration must want to be burned at the stake.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-04, 16:14

I think they named Tressel the interim.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-02-04, 16:15

Maybe Shurmer doesn't want to be a TE coach
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-04, 16:17

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Maybe Shurmer doesn't want to be a TE coach

He's OC in Denver.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2020-02-04, 16:18

NigelUno wrote:

I think they named Tressel the interim.  

Head fake...
So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FcLtvKDcQYkSRO%2Fgiphy
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2020-02-04, 16:19

Floyd Robertson wrote:

A lot of higher-ups in the administration must want to be burned at the stake.

So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? 1966794946
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-04, 16:23

tGreenWay wrote:

I’m on board with this.

Triple reverse pass every other play. Free beer every time we score.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-04, 16:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

(I know.. crazy talk).

If we don’t, this is really bad.

Blackwell attorneys now going after him in the News.

Robert Saleh. DC San Francisco
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-04, 16:25

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I’m on board with this.

Triple reverse pass every other play. Free beer every time we score.

Valenti must have read your Saleh references. So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-02-04, 16:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

(I know.. crazy talk).

I don't see how the new AD would have a plan unless Hollis left a short list in the desk drawer. If Coach D is involved in the plan, then I'll bet that plan is promote from within. Timing seems to also force promote from within somewhat.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-04, 16:57

Heat Miser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: with the timing of this, I kinda have to believe that MSU has to have a plan?

(I know.. crazy talk).

I don't see how the new AD would have a plan unless Hollis left a short list in the desk drawer. If Coach D is involved in the plan, then I'll bet that plan is promote from within. Timing seems to also force promote from within somewhat.

I don't think the timing hurts in finding a new Coach at all. It's February.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-04, 16:59

My top choices of realistic hires:

1) Luke Fickell

and since the popular choice rarely ever works out

2) that coach from EMU that has that good schtick where his team runs through a brick wall
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-04, 17:00

Would love to have Enos added to the new staff as a QB coach. Also, bring back Barnett.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-02-04, 18:35

steveschneider wrote:Would love to have Enos added to the new staff as a QB coach. Also, bring back Barnett.
So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? 1896033241
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-02-04, 19:21

Look at Bobby Sak tossing out names of coaches when Bobby Sak tries to act like he's not sure what that big stadium between Red Cedar and West Shaw Lane is used for in the fall.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-02-04, 19:35

GRR Spartan wrote:Look at Bobby Sak tossing out names of coaches when Bobby Sak tries to act like he's not sure what that big stadium between Red Cedar and West Shaw Lane is used for in the fall.
I clean up pretty well. So, Who Will Be The Next Head Football Coach At Michigan State University? 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-02-04, 19:36

GRR Spartan wrote:Look at Bobby Sak tossing out names of coaches when Bobby Sak tries to act like he's not sure what that big stadium between Red Cedar and West Shaw Lane is used for in the fall.

Bob's a sports fan disguised as a radical leftist.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-02-04, 19:59

Only if Mrs Wags is the OC. She would call the touchdown play every time!
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2020-02-05, 00:15

Bollman
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-02-05, 07:54

Urban Meyer said he’s sure MSU will hire a great coach. He’s clearly talking about himself.

It’s happening!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-05, 08:05

Welp, if Fickel is coming, he's doing great for the next coach at Cincy. they just landed a 4 star wide receiver. Good for him, leaving that school with a cupboard full.

[tw]1224821495530237952?s=20[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-02-05, 08:09

DWags wrote:Welp, if Fickel is coming, he's doing great for the next coach at Cincy. they just landed a 4 star wide receiver. Good for him, leaving that school with a cupboard full.

So you're saying he can croot. Good.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-02-05, 08:12

DWags wrote:Welp, if Fickel is coming, he's doing great for the next coach at Cincy. they just landed a 4 star wide receiver. Good for him, leaving that school with a cupboard full.

Good. He can get four star offensive talent to a team with an anemic offense. I approve.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-05, 08:22

Not sure I quite understand what Coach D will be doing in the athletic department.

I'm prepared to be underwhelmed with the new hire (but, Dantonio wasn't exactly a big name hire).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-02-05, 08:45

NigelUno wrote:Not sure I quite understand what Coach D will be doing in the athletic department.

I'm prepared to be underwhelmed with the new hire (but, Dantonio wasn't exactly a big name hire).
Heavy on the Fundraising, I'm sure.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-02-05, 08:49

MiamiSpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Not sure I quite understand what Coach D will be doing in the athletic department.

Heavy on the Fundraising, I'm sure.

It doesn't seem like he's a great fit for that, unless they're just going to trot him out for some alumni events.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next