Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Source: Apple close to buying Beats for $3.2 billion

+11
Death Roe
y2kMgrad
Rodeo Burger
ErnieMcCracken
kingstonlake
dubie7006
Cym Jim
AvgMSUJoe
LoneWolfSparty
Ass Dan
Phil McCrackin
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Source: Apple close to buying Beats for $3.2 billion - Page 2 Empty Re: Source: Apple close to buying Beats for $3.2 billion

Post by Rodeo Burger Wed 28 May 2014 - 23:30

ErnieMcCracken wrote:

That's fine- I assume you buy a ton of brand name crap. You are a lemming.

I like Under Armour products as well. But I've never camped out on the sidewalk to buy the latest offering like so many Apple douches have done when new products are released. Apple is a religion to those dorks, they sleep on concrete to buy technology that was available in other phones for 2 years. It's just hard to respect someone who does that.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Source: Apple close to buying Beats for $3.2 billion - Page 2 Empty Re: Source: Apple close to buying Beats for $3.2 billion

Post by Death Roe Wed 28 May 2014 - 23:33

ErnieMcCracken wrote:

That's fine- I assume you buy a ton of brand name crap. You are a lemming.

Says the person who defends Apple to no end. Pot, meet kettle.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 28 May 2014 - 23:40

*Note: I did not say I don't defend Samsung. I love their products long time.

Go team.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zapp Brannigan Wed 28 May 2014 - 23:51

So the selling price went down $200 million in part because they couldn't keep their mouths shut about the deal before due diligence was complete.

Quite a bit of noise about how this deal is only for about 2.5 times the gross revenue for Beats.  Although the quality is questionable, it is still a step up from the standard $29 Apple earbuds.

I think this deal has a lot more to do with selling headphones and earbuds to European and Asian teenagers than the U.S. market. Not sure about the streaming music service.

Apple stock has been rallying for a few weeks and they can make this purchase with petty cash. As a shareholder, I'm OK with it.
Zapp Brannigan
Zapp Brannigan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Thu 29 May 2014 - 0:05

Beats are not superior audio. It is superior marketing and aesthetic design of an overpriced product that appeals to a certain demographic. A demographic that Apple struggles with.

Apple likes selling overpriced products via marketing and superior aesthetic design.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by ErnieMcCracken Thu 29 May 2014 - 0:11

Looking at the Beats website I see Apple going to work. Pretty cool if you can pick your buds. The power beats ends up on their upcoming wearable. Beats speakers on their TVs. Anything audio= beats.
ErnieMcCracken
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by BtothejizA Thu 29 May 2014 - 0:40

Gomer wrote: A demographic that Apple struggles with.

I would think that 18-24 would be one of Apple's strongest demos. They have probably close to 100% of girls in that range and at least 60% of males I would think.

Then again is there a demographic that Apple really struggles with? I am seeing a ton of conflicting info about iOS vs Android US market share though so who knows, just going from personal experience.
BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BtothejizA Thu 29 May 2014 - 0:42

I wonder if Apple tries to go towards better on board speakers with Beats marketing like the HTC One did, the speakers definitely sold a lot on of those phones.
BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 29 May 2014 - 1:57

LoneWolfSparty wrote:
'

Sorry, License to Ill.

FTW

Is it racist to claim License to Ill as the greatest rap album? I say yes.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BtothejizA Thu 29 May 2014 - 4:23

Cameron wrote:

Is it racist to claim License to Ill as the greatest rap album? I say yes.

What about MMLP?
BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Thu 29 May 2014 - 9:40

BtothejizA wrote:

I would think that 18-24 would be one of Apple's strongest demos.  They have probably close to 100% of girls in that range and at least 60% of males I would think.

Then again is there a demographic that Apple really struggles with? I am seeing a ton of conflicting info about iOS vs Android US market share though so who knows, just going from personal experience.

It's not age. It's race. iPhone ownership vs Android is 27% - 26% amongst whites but 16% - 42% amongst blacks.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BtothejizA Thu 29 May 2014 - 11:22

Gomer wrote:

It's not age. It's race. iPhone ownership vs Android is 27% - 26% amongst whites but 16% - 42% amongst blacks.

Hmm, wouldn't have called that. Would have guessed that apple was actually stronger with blacks than whites.
BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 29 May 2014 - 11:55

BtothejizA wrote:

What about MMLP?

That would be fine.

FTR, I was joking about the racist bit, I just think it was a terrible choice for best rap album.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2