Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody ever been to Raleigh North Carolina? My wife has a job opportunity there too good to be true

+13
The Pantry
Blanch32
Rocinante
CheesySpartan
Heat Miser
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
AMwood
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
Dr. Strangelove
Watch Out Pylon!
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anybody ever been to Raleigh North Carolina? My wife has a job opportunity there too good to be true  - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody ever been to Raleigh North Carolina? My wife has a job opportunity there too good to be true

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-10, 09:42

Nice area
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anybody ever been to Raleigh North Carolina? My wife has a job opportunity there too good to be true  - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody ever been to Raleigh North Carolina? My wife has a job opportunity there too good to be true

Post by Blanch32 2015-12-10, 12:08

GRR Spartan wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Cary is Raleigh's Birmingham. Lots of regulations and lots of subdivisions.

It also stand for
Concentrated
Area of
Relocated
Yankees

So that community increased the county IQ by 15-20 points?

Try the entire state's
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-12-10, 12:18

gHost, you should move to suburban DC. Great schools, mountains to the west, ocean and bay to the East. Closer to Jersey. Plus you can see MSU play live now that Maryland is in the Big Ten.

And you don't have to worry about being a transplant because a lot of people here are and that's embraced. In the South, you'll always be an outsider. It's the way it goes down there.

Sure cost of living can be a pain sometimes here in DC, but you and your wife make great money.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-12-10, 16:02

Giant Moose wrote:gHost, you should move to suburban DC. Great schools, mountains to the west, ocean and bay to the East. Closer to Jersey. Plus you can see MSU play live now that Maryland is in the Big Ten.

And you don't have to worry about being a transplant because a lot of people here are and that's embraced. In the South, you'll always be an outsider. It's the way it goes down there.

Sure cost of living can be a pain sometimes here in DC, but you and your wife make great money.

DC sucks mighty ass - the District, NoVa, and Maryland. Traffic is just like LA except less lanes. Too much crime. Too many people crammed into a small area. Too expensive.

I did a decade there
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-12-10, 16:07

gHost Spartan wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:I thought she wanted you to move back to NJ?

Snake, she's got recruiters from around the country calling her all the time, many in NYC and New Jersey, where my family lives. However, I told her that I did NOT want to move back to NJ, but I think I would if I had to. My entire family lives there and my daughter would benefit from being around my aunts and all of her cousins. Honestly, it's probably the best place for her, really, I just don't really want to live where I grew up. But there's a lot of positives with living in NJ. I think my wife believes that some places like Raleigh is a good compromise because there's a low cost of living and it's not far from NJ, relatively speaking.

Flights into the NYC and Newark can easily be had for 200 from rdu
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-12-10, 20:04

GRR Spartan wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Cary is Raleigh's Birmingham. Lots of regulations and lots of subdivisions.

It also stand for
Concentrated
Area of
Relocated
Yankees

So that community increased the county IQ by 15-20 points?
Anybody ever been to Raleigh North Carolina? My wife has a job opportunity there too good to be true  - Page 2 502811600

Sis and her husband both worked for EDS at the GM Tech Center when he got an offer from SAS they could not refuse.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2