Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God damnit! I've got the Christmas spirit!

+13
steveschneider
I.B. Fine
Floyd Robertson
SpartanInNH
Travis of the Cosmos
Townie
StylesGShmooth
Giant Moose
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
Rocinante
tGreenWay
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

God damnit!  I've got the Christmas spirit! - Page 2 Empty Re: God damnit! I've got the Christmas spirit!

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-12-22, 17:51

HO HO HO

Darren Rovell@darrenrovell 1h1 hour ago
Props to Draymond Green, who isn't only delivering holiday gifts to kids, he got dressed up to do it
God damnit!  I've got the Christmas spirit! - Page 2 CW3DZ6gWUAE2JeP
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

God damnit!  I've got the Christmas spirit! - Page 2 Empty Re: God damnit! I've got the Christmas spirit!

Post by Guest 2015-12-22, 18:20

Floyd Robertson wrote:HO HO HO

Props to Draymond Green, who isn't only delivering holiday gifts to kids, he got dressed up to do it

Twice as nice - sorry Floyd - didn't see this here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-22, 18:21

*Christmas gift. For fucks sake people.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-22, 18:36

That pic is going to piss The Dude off on several levels.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2015-12-22, 18:44

Way to go Draymond, but you're too damn skinny! and you forgot the eyebrows God damnit!  I've got the Christmas spirit! - Page 2 502811600
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-23, 18:05

God damnit!  I've got the Christmas spirit! - Page 2 CW8PelUWkAEJQhz
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-12-23, 20:41

God damnit!  I've got the Christmas spirit! - Page 2 Draymo10
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-23, 21:43

LooseGoose wrote:God damnit!  I've got the Christmas spirit! - Page 2 CW8PelUWkAEJQhz

lol lol!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2015-12-24, 10:45

Ho, Ho, Ho  Merry Chhristmas  santa
God damnit!  I've got the Christmas spirit! - Page 2 Family-christmas-card-zoom-bc51fd95-8d4b-4737-b251-5f40ded87fd0
God damnit!  I've got the Christmas spirit! - Page 2 Ho-Ho-Ho--51010

Last edited by I.B. Fine on 2015-12-24, 10:48; edited 1 time in total
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-12-24, 10:47

I had the Christmas spirit until I got a call from one of my DC's looking to get a truck loaded with an item that is basically non existent right now.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-24, 15:13

I may try this next year or maybe we could raise some $$ and have Ty go take care of it for us?

Walmart is a Holy Land

“May I buy your groceries?”

Rather than buy ourselves and our young adult children gifts this Christmas, we decided to walk the walk. You know. That walk where you stop indulging yourself with increasingly frivolous items and actually reach out to help others not as fortunate.

We bought several Walmart gift cards with funds we would have used to buy our gifts for one another and our kids. Then our daughter and daughter-in-law (who is pregnant with twins, our 10th and 11th grandchildren, so yes, we have more than enough blessings in our life), Mr. Wilkinson and I went to our local Walmart yesterday, a beautiful Sunday morning. Not quite knowing how to do what we wanted to do, just praying we’d get it right and not embarrass anyone or get arrested. Our girls decided on an approach, took the gift cards, and my husband and I stood at a distance, ready to help if needed.

The girls walked along and watched the check-out lines, and when they felt a tug at their kind hearts, they went up to people ready to check out and asked,

The initial responses were ones of shock and disbelief. No one was rude, or dismissive. They just wanted to know why. The girls answered that they were part of a family who decided this was the way they wanted to celebrate Christmas. Then a few asked if they were with a church or an organization. No, the girls said, we are just a regular family and this is our gift to you! No strings attached! From us!

Then the miracles came.

The first one, a young Mom, with a cart of food and just a couple of tiny presents for her little son, broke down in sobs, confiding that she “didn’t know how I could afford any of this”. Her hugs and her tears washed away all the nervousness our girls felt at first. They helped her bag her groceries and they all held one another for a long time, before this young woman left the store, trying hard not to sob.

The girls then quickly went to an obviously worn-out and defeated looking Dad, with 4 young sons. Beat down and broke, you can bet. In the check-out line, counting the bills in his wallet, nervously. “May I buy everything in your cart, sir?” they said. Again, the disbelief, the tears, the hugs, and the sincere, very heartfelt gratitude. That seismic shock you felt at 10:47 am yesterday? That was a huge crack opening in my cynical heart as I watched this.

Two elderly ladies, with one cart between them, barely full with just the most very basic things. A 2 pack of toilet paper. A small package of ham. A little pumpkin pie with red bow on top. Cans of cheap cat food. I doubt they had cats. They were the most unbelieving of all – they were literally paralyzed with shock. One had dementia and couldn’t really understand what was going on, but the other couldn’t believe “anyone cared about us” and “no one has been this kind to me in 75 years”.

There were people who smiled and merely told our girls, “No thank you! We are very blessed and in a good place, so please help someone who needs it!” Pay it forward without getting a thing. I like it.

The disabled veteran in a wheelchair, the lonely, unhappy looking girl, the young family with formula and diapers, the older lady who reminded our daughter of her beloved, departed grandma. Their surprise, their joy, their relief, their gratitude. All of them giving us more than we could ever give them.

It was one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever experienced

And then there was the guy with the tattoos and the swagger and the backward ball cap. My husband saw our daughter approach him and started to get upset because he thought this guy didn’t look “needy”. But it turned out, he was one of the most appreciative and gracious people she interacted with. He couldn’t believe anyone would do this for “Me? You’re doing this for ME?”. A misfit, maybe. Who cares? Jesus didn’t. And either did our daughter. I saw him transformed by our daughter, who was smiling as big as I have ever seen. As he left, he keep stopping and looking back at her, shaking his head with disbelief, waving, and smiling. His gift was far more than a gift card.

This heaven on earth continued and each time, the glow from our girls got brighter and brighter.

Who was giving who what?

Me and Mr. Wilkinson? We just wept and tried to hold it together. And tried to stay anonymous. I did speak with a few lovely people, who noticed me watching (I guess I’m not as subtle as I thought…it was probably the wailing) and came up to me with such open and raw emotion, I could hardly speak. One woman, standing there holding my husband’s hand and telling him she lost her husband that very day, a few years ago. And my husband’s face as he remembered he lost his own father on that every same day.

The cashiers with their Santa hats wept, we wept, people we will never see again, wept, hugged, believing that, at least for a little while, people cared about them. We gave the cashiers the last of the gift cards and they promptly gave them back to their customers. How. Completely. Awesome.

More at the link.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-12-24, 15:48

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-12-24, 16:00

Good Morning America@GMA 4h4 hours ago
Full moon to light up Christmas for first time since 1977; won't happen again until 2034: http://abcn.ws/1kfePfO 
God damnit!  I've got the Christmas spirit! - Page 2 CW__Xp4UEAAPFpK
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-12-24, 19:14

Great church service just now. Been a while since I've been to my hometown church and it was a good time.

Now let's drink!
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-24, 19:21

Tim Wakefield wrote:Great church service just now. Been a while since I've been to my hometown church and it was a good time.

Now let's drink!

Jesus does not want you on his bandwagon.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-12-24, 19:47

I'm half drunk, exhausted from driving to Louisville this morning, and taking a break from the in-laws in the guest bedroom. What's crackin'?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-24, 19:52

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I'm half drunk, exhausted from driving to Louisville this morning, and taking a break from the in-laws in the guest bedroom. What's crackin'?

Not much I think most of these son of a bitches are doing family shit. Why they'd want to do that over being here is beyond me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-12-24, 19:56

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I'm half drunk, exhausted from driving to Louisville this morning, and taking a break from the in-laws in the guest bedroom. What's crackin'?

Not much I think most of these son of a bitches are doing family shit.   Why they'd want to do that over being here is beyond me.
Not doing family shit until tomorrow & Saturday. Sitting around watching season 2 of Broadchurch is my excitement tonight.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-12-24, 19:59

Any good bowl games on tonight? The wife just got me out of going to her extended family Christmas tonight, which is a fucking zoo every year. She just earned herself a foot rub later.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-24, 20:02

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Any good bowl games on tonight? The wife just got me out of going to her extended family Christmas tonight, which is a fucking zoo every year. She just earned herself a foot rub later.

Hawaii Bowl - Cincinnati vs San Diego State

On ESPNU at 8:30 MSU the Road to the playoff followed at 9pm by a replay of tOSU game.

Edited to add:

Raiduhs vs Chargers on the NFL Network
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-24, 21:37

Screw it. Merry Christmas everyone!!

God damnit!  I've got the Christmas spirit! - Page 2 DrunkSanta
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2015-12-24, 21:57

Tim Wakefield wrote:Great church service just now. Been a while since I've been to my hometown church and it was a good time.

Now let's drink!

Went to a Xmas eve service. I'm a C&E guy myself. But for the love of Jesus people, if you have a toddler or infant that's fussing during the service, put the little bastard in the nursery. They have people to take care of them while you're in the service with the adults.

I'm an atheist, but even I like hearing about a magic little baby born in a barn with a star hanging over it's head who will someday send me to eternal hell and damnation, without getting interrupted by nonmagic babies screaming who's parents aren't worth a shit and spoiling it for everyone else.

And speaking of drinking, just finished a bottle of Chardonnay while we watched the MSU Home for the Holidays on WKAR. Goddamnit, even I have the Xmas spirit now. MERRY CHRISTMAS tSWILL
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-24, 22:00

My hometown, Manistee, at Christmas. First one without my pops. Fuck you guys I'm a bit drunk and kinda emotional.

God damnit!  I've got the Christmas spirit! - Page 2 Image24
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2015-12-24, 22:04

DWags wrote:My hometown, Manistee, at Christmas. First one without my pops. Fuck you guys I'm a bit drunk and kinda emotional.

I lost my mother a couple months back, just after the Maryland game. I keep thinking we need to run up to see her tommorrow. Spent 57 years with my mother on Xmas day.

Cheers to your family, Dwags God damnit!  I've got the Christmas spirit! - Page 2 969504605
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-24, 22:10

DWags wrote:My hometown, Manistee, at Christmas. First one without my pops. Fuck you guys I'm a bit drunk and kinda emotional.

Just the way we love you most.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-24, 22:12

Frank Ricard wrote:

I lost my mother a couple months back, just after the Maryland game. I keep thinking we need to run up to see her tommorrow. Spent 57 years with my mother on Xmas day.

Cheers to your family, Dwags God damnit!  I've got the Christmas spirit! - Page 2 969504605

You too. Sorry for your loss. Weird, still have my dads number in my phone, not joking when MSU would score or make a big play this fall, instinctively I'd reach for my phone to call him.

Merry Christmas to you.

Hug your kids and parents if you can tonight. I'm two hours away from reading "night before Christmas " to my daughters for the 19th year in a row. Tonight, I'll cry.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-24, 23:45

2 of my kids have been over tonight, I look at them and remember them being small and over excited at Santa coming. Now they're at that mid 20s jaded age, in some ways I really miss them being small.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-12-25, 05:18

LooseGoose wrote:2 of my kids have been over tonight, I look at them and remember them being small and over excited at Santa coming.   Now they're at that mid 20s jaded age, in some ways I really miss them being small.  

The Christmas mornings when the kids were 5-10 years old were some of the best.  It got harder to get excited for Christmas the older they got.  I'm hoping that in a few years when I have grand kids that age some of the Christmas magic will come back.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-12-25, 14:12

LooseGoose wrote:I may try this next year or maybe we could raise some $$ and have Ty go take care of it for us?

Walmart is a Holy Land

More at the link.....

Christ, Loose. No need to make me fuckin' cry. On Christmas. God damnit!  I've got the Christmas spirit! - Page 2 4177874726
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-25, 15:07

InTenSity wrote:I had the Christmas spirit until I got a call from one of my DC's looking to get a truck loaded with an item that is basically non existent right now.

That's horrific. Have some nog.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-25, 15:09

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Fake.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-25, 15:11

LooseGoose wrote:

Not much I think most of these son of a bitches are doing family shit. Why they'd want to do that over being here is beyond me.

Took a long winter's nap earlier. Have to be somewhere in in the neighborhood 90 mins. Opening gifts soon. Time for more wine.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-25, 15:14

SpartanInNH wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:I may try this next year or maybe we could raise some $$ and have Ty go take care of it for us?

Walmart is a Holy Land

More at the link.....

Christ, Loose. No need to make me fuckin' cry. On Christmas. God damnit!  I've got the Christmas spirit! - Page 2 4177874726

Yeah, I'm a cold bastard about a lot of things but that got to me too. I'd contribute double to that vs taxes because at least I'd have a pretty good idea the help was going where it was really needed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-25, 15:16

LooseGoose wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:

Yeah, I'm a cold bastard about a lot of things but that got to me too. I'd contribute double to that vs taxes because at least I'd have a pretty good idea the help was going where it was really needed.

I had some friends doing the same thing yesterday, only at k-mart and bus stops. They'd update the events on Facebook. Have out a shit ton of cash, and put smiles on the faces of many, many people. It was great reading.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-25, 15:17

*handed out
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-25, 15:18

tGreenWay wrote:Hand out a shit ton of cash, and put smiles on the faces of many, many people.

Sounds like my experiences at the Hookers convention.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-25, 15:37

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Hand out a shit ton of cash, and put smiles on the faces of many, many people.

I've been meaning to tell you, those women were all quarantined after that convention. See your doctor or wait for your pecker to turn all purpley and then fall off.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2015-12-25, 21:35

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I've been meaning to tell you, those women were all quarantined after that convention. See your doctor or wait for your pecker to turn all purpley and then fall off.

What would Christmas be without hookers and purpley peckers?
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2